/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Excessive energy !!

gladTidings
04-10-2009, 02:40 PM
Assalamualikum sisters and brothers...

Im just wondering if you have any tips that will help me get rid of this excessive nervous energy that im experiencing at the moment. Im thinking its because deadline and exam period is coming up...but im unsure:S I was supposed to have spent the last 3 weeks studying hard.... but I just cant get myself to settle down.

I had a very hectic semester. I was told I would have to organise an annual event 2 weeks before the day of the event, since its a low budget, charity event, there was alot of pressure to raise money. This meant many sleepless nights, random, spontaneous missions, organising performances, a total adrenalin rollercoaster (It was a success in the end- Alhamdullilah).

All this I had to juggle with my academic work, maths exam, pre-tests, deadlines, other responsibilities, and coming to terms with my grandads illness. It took everything out of me...I was looking forward to come back home and take afew days off once everything is over and then focus on my academic work. BUT I still I feel I need to keep going physically, its like im having withdrawal symptoms...

I kickbox, dance and found a new thirst for one of my old hobbies; gymnastics. So I do what I have to, to get rid of this energy but I still feel on edge.

When I sit down to concentrate, even writing this post, its so difficult to focus. Im finding it incredibly difficult to open a book and read! I was reciting Qur'an last week and I felt I had to keep reciting it, especially since Im currently learning tajweed I feel like I need to excel in it quickly. Its the whole I have to keep going disease I have lol. Im not sure maybe I have lost all patience or something?

Yesterday I sat down to make some handmade cards, and normally its a slow and relaxing task, but I finished them quickly and was pleased with them. I wanted more........

I dont drink tea or coffee (I would have to be tied down if I did lol) but I have chocolate almost everyday. Other than that I get on average 3 of my 5 fruit and veg, and drink green tea every morning.Overall, I feel fairly healthy. Last exam period... I had anxiety attacks and this time, im scared I will suffer with them worse.

The worst of it is that I cant seem to focus is salaah and ibadah and its really effecting my imaan. I need to some how stop myself, slow down and reflect. I dont have the patience to pick up a good book, read an article online or listen to a lecture that will help my imaan.

So how do I stop myself and focus this energy into my studies and my deen ??

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
noorseeker
04-10-2009, 07:28 PM
i wish i had a bit of that energy,

gladTidings
04-10-2009, 09:31 PM
yes abit... not all. I cant handle it and focus on studies. Could it be the chocolate ?

Yanal
04-10-2009, 11:43 PM
I guess you people have this intense energy because of exams ,right? I guess,you shouldn't have negative energy just enough energy to make you to through the exams. In order for that you will most likely try to improve your diet if it's not healthy.

If it's not your diet it's the intense energy in you,let me tell you a little story: my friend studied one hour for all tests while I studied 10 minutes and I got a better mark. There is a lesson to learn in this,that taking stress will lessen you focus while if you stay calm and learn basic stuff you will have less stress and more focus on your exams.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Snowflake
04-11-2009, 10:22 AM
It seems you are doing all the right things lol but still are experiencing high levels of energy. So there is one more thing I suggest you try > Food!

Yes, it's true. Certain foods can cause heat in the body and that is where this energy may be coming from. If you eat spicy foods, which have a warming effect on the body, then cut them out for a while. Foods like garlic, ginger, cinnamon, meat, fish and eggs are 'hot' foods. Try salads and lots of fruit, veg and plain water. Try to remain in wudhu at all times. Wudhu gives us good energy. And finally, try essential oils like relaxing Lavender (search others too) in your bath, in oil-burner and use mixed in almond oil for a light relaxing massage. I'm sure doing this for a few days will stabilize your energy levels. :D

gladTidings
04-11-2009, 10:20 PM
JazakAllah Khair for the replies.... I will try that sis ^

Ws x

Cabdullahi
04-11-2009, 10:29 PM
hey pearl give us some of your energy !!!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.