/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why are there so many non-Muslims here?

islamlover_girl
04-10-2009, 11:34 PM
Just wonder why non muslims join islamic forums ?

And did joining it benefit u?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
cali dude
04-11-2009, 11:20 PM
I started posting here because I came across discussion about Guru Nanak when I believed in Sikhism...

Mahylva
04-11-2009, 11:29 PM
I joined this forum because of my deep love and respect for Islamic faith and culture, and my intentions to learn more about the teachings of the Qur'an from Muslim perspective.

czgibson
04-11-2009, 11:43 PM
Greetings,

The main reason I joined the forum is because I think it's important that Muslims and non-Muslims talk to each other. The world's in a mess, partly because we don't understand each other.

It's up to all of us to sort it out.

Peace

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hassan'76ers
04-11-2009, 11:51 PM
it's all about dialogue

Mahylva
04-12-2009, 12:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings,

The main reason I joined the forum is because I think it's important that Muslims and non-Muslims talk to each other. The world's in a mess, partly because we don't understand each other.

It's up to all of us to sort it out.

Peace
I agree. I believe that understanding through communication between people of walks of life is important in today's world.

Bismillah al-rahman al-rahim

Grace Seeker
04-12-2009, 12:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamlover_girl
Because I have a Muslim daughter and in conversation on another forum (a Christian forum) non-Muslims were trying to tell me things about Islam that I knew not to be true. But rather than just say so, I thought I could talk to Muslims here and then share those conversations with my non-Muslim friends so that Muslims would in essence be able to speak for themselves.

Not as much as I would have liked.

wth1257
04-12-2009, 02:15 AM

To convert Muslims to the prophethood of Joseph Smith and his revelation to mankind "The Book of Mormon"

I'm basically a Mormon Missionary from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints :shade:

Don't tell anyone alright :nervous:

lol, no. I'm considering converting to Islam.

Yep.

VidiaStarLight
04-12-2009, 03:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by wth1257
To convert Muslims to the prophethood of Joseph Smith and his revelation to mankind "The Book of Mormon"

I'm basically a Mormon Missionary from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints :shade:

Don't tell anyone alright :nervous:

lol, no. I'm considering converting to Islam.

Yep.

I joined because I am considering converting as well.

Gator
04-12-2009, 04:14 AM
I learned a lot about islam and the different types of people who are muslims.

wth1257
04-12-2009, 04:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by VidiaStarLight
I joined because I am considering converting as well.
Copycat :mad:

lol, no that's cool :shade:

Danah
04-12-2009, 11:53 AM
wow, there are some interesting replies up there.... I think most people are trying to have learning more about Islam from Muslims themselves instead of following what media said about Islam

Grace Seeker
: you have a muslim daughter? cool mashaAllah, I bet you have a lot of things to discuss with her

islamlover_girl
04-13-2009, 12:08 AM
Yes ,there is a lot of interesting answers here.
Mahylva : u r welcomed.
wth1257 : you have a nice sense of humour ,I believed at first ,lol.
Grace seeker : :( I hope we will benefit u more in the future ISA.

VidiaStarLight
04-13-2009, 12:53 AM
Copycat :mad:

lol, no that's cool :shade:
:) Glad you are cool with what i said wth1257....:)

Danah
04-13-2009, 10:03 PM
I will add one reason to the list for "some" non-muslims to be here:

http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...ml#post1123513

while the rest of non-mulims who really have the pure well to learn are much respected and appreciated

glo
04-13-2009, 10:29 PM

To be honest, I seem to remember more non-Muslims being members here in the past - and people from many different religions and beliefs. Sadly many have left.
As CZGibson said, we can benefit much from understanding our fellow human beings better - even if we don't always agree with their views.

As for myself, being a member here in LI has helped me gain an understanding of Islam and ask questions which I was unable to ask my Muslim neighbours (partly because of cultural and langauge barriers)
This forum has been a safe place to ask questions, read and learn.

Consequently I have gained a better understanding about the Pakistani Muslim community in my home town.
I understand their festivals and know how to greet people at Ramadan and Eid.
I was able to visit the local mosque with our church recently, without feeling nervous or unsure about what to expect.
I have a better understanding of concerns and criticisms Muslims may have of our Western society, and how they may feel about our festivals.
I understand better how much Islam and Christianity share in common, but also about how our Christian beliefs and celebrations may offend my Muslim neighbours.

Apart from that I have made a good many friends here in the forums - so all is good! :statisfie

Peace

north_malaysian
04-14-2009, 01:40 AM
Yayyy!! To the positive responds...LOL

I hope I contributed something.... :nervous:

coddles76
04-14-2009, 01:48 AM
Excellent thread, And I think its great to hear some of the responses from members. Its great to be able to discuss issues with Muslims and non-muslims cause me personally find it very hard sometimes speaking face to face, So textual chat on this forum has been great. I have learnt heaps about the non islamic faith aswell, which has brought me even closet to Islam which I am greatful for.

Eric H
04-14-2009, 02:11 AM
Greetings and peace be with you islamlover_girl; thanks for starting this thread.

My intentions from the start were to see if interfaith relationships are possible despite all our differences. I have found that I have to try and change myself, more than I try and change other people, and there is hope.

We are all created by the same God, and it continually challenges me to try and understand, why the same God would give each of us a sincere faith through different religions.

I have also learned much about Islam which has helped me to understand my own Christian faith to a greater depth.

I have found it to be a positive experience over the last four years. :smile:

In the spirit of praying for greater interfaith friendship

Eric

Follower
04-14-2009, 02:14 AM
I came to correct the mis-information about Chrsitianity.

wth1257
04-14-2009, 05:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SAYA
I will add one reason to the list for "some" non-muslims to be here:

http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...ml#post1123513

while the rest of non-mulims who really have the pure well to learn are much respected and appreciated
Does this mean I have to stop my Mormon missionary activities? :cry:

:bump1:

Danah
04-14-2009, 09:05 AM
Does this mean I have to stop my Mormon missionary activities? :cry:

:bump1:
immm....:) :rolleyes:

Do you do it by hiding under PMs or emails :?

czgibson
04-14-2009, 12:27 PM
Greetings,
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
To be honest, I seem to remember more non-Muslims being members here in the past - and people from many different religions and beliefs. Sadly many have left.
Many of them were banned.

Peace

Danah
04-14-2009, 12:31 PM
^ they will not be banned for no reasons !!!
*this is IF they ALL really banned*

Thinker
04-14-2009, 01:12 PM

I joined to learn more about Islam but not just that I want to learn about the views of Muslims on certain issues and how reconcile certain things and I am not going to learn those things from non-Muslims.

And has it benefited me – I have learned a lot but for every question that is answered it throws up two more questions.

“So many non-Muslims here?” I wonder how many non-Muslim members there are, to me it appears that there are very few which is a shame?

Forced_In
04-14-2009, 01:18 PM
Greetings,

Peace
Hello,

I would say banning should be a last resort if people do not follow the guidelines of the forum. Another thing to note is that I have seen a huge thread about those who have not posted for a while so I think part of it is natural; ups and downs ...

Regards.

Tony
04-14-2009, 02:16 PM
Non-Muslims are here becuase Allah has guided them here, I am guilty of as are many others of being very abrupt with them. I ask Allahs forgiveness for this, this is probably their chance to embrace Islam and it is the Muslims in here duty to nurture this chance. Peace to all non-Muslims and Allahs blessings upon the Muslims who are patient with the non-Muslims

Walter
04-17-2009, 01:49 AM
After reading the Qur’an for the first time some 9 years ago, it appeared to me as if there was harmony between the Bible and the Qur’an without compromising the teachings of either book. Today, I am more convinced of this, and I am here to encourage Muslims and Christians to re-examine the evidence, because the Bible and the Qur'an are both right.

wth1257
04-17-2009, 03:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SAYA
immm....:) :rolleyes:

Do you do it by hiding under PMs or emails :?

Oh yes. PM's, emails, etc I'm like a supper hardcore Missionary :rollseyes

glo
04-17-2009, 07:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Grenville
After reading the Qur’an for the first time some 9 years ago, it appeared to me as if there was harmony between the Bible and the Qur’an without compromising the teachings of either book. Today, I am more convinced of this, and I am here to encourage Muslims and Christians to re-examine the evidence, because the Bible and the Qur'an are both right.
I'd love to hear how you can arrive at that conclusion.
(Perhaps not in this thread but in another one, or via PM?)

God bless :)

Edit:
Grenville, I came across your other thread, in which you talk about this in more depth. I will go there and read, rather than derail this thread here.
Peace

glo
04-17-2009, 11:42 AM
Greetings,

Peace
Shame, that. imsad

Cabdullahi
04-17-2009, 11:44 AM
^
Kopf hoch!

Cern
04-17-2009, 01:33 PM
I joined this forum after being provided the link from a Muslim poster on a Christian forum. Islam has been intriguing to me for some time especially after 9/11 when it was placed into media focus. It really started to hit home during the 2008 Presidential Election when President Obama was being depicted as a Muslim. His opposition would state Islam is evil, therefor Muslims are evil, therefor no Muslim should be President and continued to slap that image on him as slander. This really upset me, especially when I saw members of my own extended family take up this cause of false lies wrongfully depicting Muslims and Islam. The nail that sealed the coffin for me was witnessing about 6 months of continued slander towards Islam on Christian and Catholic forums within this last year. I finally realized I couldn't be a Christian (especially since I don't believe in the Trinity) and started to investigate Islam. Whether or not I decide to take the next step and become Muslim I wanted to find an environment I could ask questions and be provided answers that were not linked to anti-Islamic sites.

Erundur
04-17-2009, 02:34 PM
I voted for Just interested to know how others think and what do they belive in.

which i think is great especially if your curious about something, i'd do the samething for another belief if i was curious and wanted to know more about.

Grace Seeker
04-17-2009, 04:30 PM
Grace seeker : :( I hope we will benefit u more in the future ISA.
It would be simple, but I don't expect it to happen. I wanted to be able to tell my Christian friends that were complaining that Muslims never spoke out against terrorism that was done in the name of Allah, that they were just listening to the wrong sources. That if they only listened to places like FOX news or CNN that they would not be giving Muslims a fair shake. That Muslims were indeed speaking out against such things, but among themselves, just not in the international press. And that even if a few reporters could find jihadist websites and bloggers that were attempting to incite violence against the west simply for being the west that these were voices that got relatively little hearing on the international scene and had little reception amongst the Ummah in general.

Well, what I found out here was that while most Muslims are indeed peace loving. That few would go on record as publically condemning any other Muslim for their actions no matter how heinous the acts might be. That was several years ago. Fortunately that has changed some what in just the last few months. But I just posted a thread in world events regarding the Somali pirates. I did not mention anything about religion there, and I do not think that it is a part of the issues involved. But I've spent enough time here to predict that there will be some who speak in their defense and make the US the bad guy and cast it as part of a war against Islam. (I sincerely hope I am wrong in that predication.) For reasons that are probably too deep for me to ever fully appreciate, there is definitely a latent hostility within Islam toward Christianity, the USA, and all things western.

That doesn't mean that I haven't benefited and learned much from being here. I have. And I do enjoy the vast majority of people I have met here. Indeed, I would say that Christians are received with more warmth here than are Muslims on some of the Christian forums I have been on. That is sad, but I admit it is true. Nevertheless, in answer to the specific question did I find what I was looking for when I came here, the answer is no, for the reasons I gave above. I have found other things that I appreciate and reasons to stay, however. And I am glad that LI is here for that reason, even if not for the original reason that I came.

islamlover_girl
04-18-2009, 02:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Grace Seeker
It would be simple, but I don't expect it to happen. I wanted to be able to tell my Christian friends that were complaining that Muslims never spoke out against terrorism that was done in the name of Allah, that they were just listening to the wrong sources. That if they only listened to places like FOX news or CNN that they would not be giving Muslims a fair shake. That Muslims were indeed speaking out against such things, but among themselves, just not in the international press. And that even if a few reporters could find jihadist websites and bloggers that were attempting to incite violence against the west simply for being the west that these were voices that got relatively little hearing on the international scene and had little reception amongst the Ummah in general.

Well, what I found out here was that while most Muslims are indeed peace loving. That few would go on record as publically condemning any other Muslim for their actions no matter how heinous the acts might be. That was several years ago. Fortunately that has changed some what in just the last few months. But I just posted a thread in world events regarding the Somali pirates. I did not mention anything about religion there, and I do not think that it is a part of the issues involved. But I've spent enough time here to predict that there will be some who speak in their defense and make the US the bad guy and cast it as part of a war against Islam. (I sincerely hope I am wrong in that predication.) For reasons that are probably too deep for me to ever fully appreciate, there is definitely a latent hostility within Islam toward Christianity, the USA, and all things western.
if I understood u right then u would like this links in shaa Allah:

http://www.islamdenouncesterrorism.com/mainarticle.html
http://www.blogtoplist.com/religion/...ails-5003.html
http://ipaki.com/content/html/27/315.html

I know that we have to do extremly more efforts to help west to understand us and listen to real islam not just for Islam enemies,that makes me really feel bad.

ATHEISTofPEACE
04-18-2009, 02:20 AM
I like learning about religion and some one who was really important was a Muslim so I started learning about Islam and Muslims. I have so far enjoyed my time talking with Muslims.

Walter
04-19-2009, 03:54 AM
if I understood u right then u would like this links in shaa Allah:

http://www.islamdenouncesterrorism.com/mainarticle.html
http://www.blogtoplist.com/religion/...ails-5003.html
http://ipaki.com/content/html/27/315.html

I know that we have to do extremly more efforts to help west to understand us and listen to real islam not just for Islam enemies,that makes me really feel bad.
Dear Islamlover-girl:

Former US president, Jimmy Carter, noted that Islamic leaders would privately encourage his peace efforts, but publically say something completely contrary to the Muslim masses. Do you have any links to popular web-sites in the Middle East, and in Arabic, condemning terrorist actions that harm civilians?

Regards.

أبو سليمان عمر
04-19-2009, 05:07 AM
Dear Islamlover-girl:

Former US president, Jimmy Carter, noted that Islamic leaders would privately encourage his peace efforts, but publically say something completely contrary to the Muslim masses. Do you have any links to popular web-sites in the Middle East, and in Arabic, condemning terrorist actions that harm civilians?

Regards.
http://www.fatwaislam.com/fis/index.cfm?scn=fd&ID=526
http://www.fatwaislam.com/fis/index.cfm?scn=fd&ID=525
http://whyislam.org/SocialOrder/Broc...5/Default.aspx
try this then read this

it is not possible to call the killing of unarmed innocent Muslim villagers Jihaad. A Muslim--even while in Jihaad to establish the word of Allaah and in battle with the armies which stand to stop the spread of the word of Allaah--is absolutely not permitted to mutilate the dead; nor to kill a child; nor to kill a woman unless she bears weapons; nor to burn anyone with fire
If any one slew a person - unless it be for murder or for spreading mischief in the land - it would be as if he slew the whole people - Quran 5:32
Fight in the cause of Allah those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for Allah loveth not transgressors. - Quran 2:190
the instructions of the Prophet are as follows:
"Do not kill any old person, any child or any woman" (Abu Dawud). "Do not kill the monks in monasteries" or "Do not kill the people who are sitting in places of worship" (Musnad of Ibn Hanbal).
It has been narrated on the authority of Abu Huraira that the Messenger of Allah said: Do not desire an encounter with the enemy; but when you encounter them, be firm. - Muslim Book 019, Number 4313
It is narrated on the authority of 'Abdullah that a woman was found killed in one of the battles fought by the Messenger of Allah . He disapproved of the killing of women and children. - Muslim Book 019, Number 4319
Abu Bakr , the first caliph or successor to Prophet Mohammed established a detailed set of rules for Islamic conduct in war. He gave these instructions to an Islamic army setting out for Syria, then still part of the Byzantine Empire:
"Stop, O people, that I may give you ten rules for your guidance in the battlefield. Do not commit treachery or deviate from the right path. You must not mutilate dead bodies. Neither kill a child, nor a woman, nor an aged man. Bring no harm to the trees, nor burn them with fire, especially those which are fruitful. Slay not any of the enemy's flock, save for your food. You are likely to pass by people who have devoted their lives to monastic services; leave them alone"
I think this are better then a site this are the Allah and his Messenger
:D hope it answered your Question

islamlover_girl
04-19-2009, 05:47 AM
Dear Islamlover-girl:

Regards.
ur words made me feel how far people in the west don`t know the reality about us :(
First here is the links u asked for :
http://www.alriyadh.com/2005/02/24/article41881.html
http://www.ibnalislam.com/vb/showthread.php?t=4266
http://www.saaid.net/Doat/alharfi/6.htm
http://www.islamway.com/?iw_s=Lesson...&lesson_id=546
http://www.islamtoday.net/bohooth/artshow-32-110618.htm

if u need more links just google the word (الاسلام والارهاب) which is an arabic phrase means Islam and terrorism ,then u will find hundreds of arabic links which condemn terrorist confirming that there isn`t any relation between islam and terrorism and that just islam enemies promote to this .I know there might be a problem in language if u don`t know any arabic but I think u can get an arabic translator ,if u really want to know the truth u have to do some effort.

something I am carious to know, how did peoples in west believe that islam accepts terrorist ,while Islam is a religon from God just like christinity ,so how did u imagine that God do that.

I live in an Islamic country ,I met thousounds of muslims in my life , but I never met a muslim who accept harming non muslim ,and I never hear a muslim scholar encourging or accepting terrorism . it`s very clear in quran and hadiths that harming a civil ,terrorism acts is extremly forbiden in Islam and any muslim knows about that.

VidiaStarLight
04-21-2009, 12:29 AM
My husband is muslim and I met with his family before we married and they all were very nice and they welcomed me with open arms. I am glad to be a part of his family and eventually convert. I feel more at peace when I am talking with his family and some friends I have made on here. I am currently in the US and many people here believe that Islam is connected with Terrorism...they are wrong. Islam is about peace.

:)

أبو سليمان عمر
04-21-2009, 12:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by VidiaStarLight
My husband is muslim and I met with his family before we married and they all were very nice and they welcomed me with open arms. I am glad to be a part of his family and eventually convert. I feel more at peace when I am talking with his family and some friends I have made on here. I am currently in the US and many people here believe that Islam is connected with Terrorism...they are wrong. Islam is about peace.

:)
Mashallah May Allah guide us and keep us guided Ameen
Islam is a word coming from the verb "aslama" and it carries the meaning of "surrender", "submission", "obedience", "sincerity" and "peace" between you and Almighty Allah (God) and not to any human or anything within creation.

Muslim Woman
04-21-2009, 01:02 AM
In the name of Allah , Most Gracious, Most Merciful

.. non-Muslims were trying to tell me things about Islam that I knew not to be true.
What they told u ? U find these true or false ?

imsad

Why is that ? Muslims are not answering to your questions properly or we are very rude ?What do u suggest to have more useful dialogue ?

Hafswa
04-21-2009, 06:47 AM
Peace/Salaam,
I joined LI after being in a relationship with a muslim man for 5 years. After interacting with him and his family, I got curious about Islam as a religion and actually was contemplating converting so I went in search for better understanding and came across LI.

Unfortunatley after many debates and reading other threads, I realised that at that time, it was mostly emotions that were at play. My intentions of becoming a muslim were still there but found rather than seeking to make non-muslims understand the religion and possible convince them of Islam , other members were quite vocal about how they feel about other religions . However, I did not blame them becasue I too would get frustrated at trying to explain why I believe to people who have a preconcieved stereotype already at the back of their minds before I open my mouth.Instead I embrassed the kindness demonstrated by the few exceptional LI members and look forward to learning more.

I am still here to learn the good in Islam , debate about the difference and similarity between the Bible and the Q'uran so that I can tell people that Muslims are also human and that they are not the enemy and to learn more about other religions represented here other than Islam.

I am learning each day that Isalm as a way of life and admire the dedication muslims have. I pray that one day, Christians will be as dedicated to their faith.

أبو سليمان عمر
04-21-2009, 06:55 AM
Hafswa
well i hope being here helps you to better understand islam but remember muslims are not islam muslim are not perfect islam is so dont let a few people that you didnt understand or didnt agree with deprive you of following what is true May ALLAH guide us Allah and keep us guided Ameen

أبو سليمان عمر
04-21-2009, 06:59 AM
inshallah you will benefit a bit more closer to as much as you would like. Seek and inshallah you will find :) and be patient there is a post here called the merits of islam pls take a min to read it :)

Hafswa
04-29-2009, 07:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umar^111
Hafswa
well i hope being here helps you to better understand islam but remember muslims are not islam muslim are not perfect islam is so dont let a few people that you didnt understand or didnt agree with deprive you of following what is true May ALLAH guide us Allah and keep us guided Ameen
Thank you :)

Sol Invictus
03-02-2011, 08:30 PM
i joined because of interesting conversations that take place here.

not really.

Zuzubu
03-02-2011, 08:32 PM
The same reasons why a muslim would go to a jewish forum? :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.