PDA

View Full Version : My Yummy Recipe



wth1257
04-11-2009, 01:14 AM
First Slice up some Mushrooms




Saute them.




About a minute or two before they are done add some yummy anchovies




and then cook in some feta cheese




Enjoy!:statisfie



If any women here are confused why so few men cook it is because this is the sort of thing we come up with :p

I actually think it's good. I made it when, of course, the only food I had were some cans of anchovies, some old feta cheese, and some mushrooms. Some people disagree. Apparently some picky individuals don't appreciate the smell of anchovies.

Probably just jealous individuals trying to stamp out my obvious culinary genius:raging:


:bump1:
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
transition?
04-11-2009, 02:33 AM
Lol wot anchovies and mushrooms.

It's true my dad makes the weirdest meals too.


I don' think I've looked twice at anchovies.


Speaking of weird foods: my mother bought dried up shrimp that look like veiny mini potato chips with eyes @_@
Reply

Güven
04-11-2009, 10:53 AM
And what is the end result , do you have a picture of that ? :D
Reply

YusufNoor
04-11-2009, 11:28 AM
:sl:

mushrooms, eh?

my wife's new favorite dish:

take 2 large onions, slice thin

a half pound of mushrooms, slice thin

i green pepper, slice thin

i hot pepper, slice thin

some white cheese, mozzarella is fine, slice thin

some hallal boneless steak. shave VERY thin!

some non haraam Ranch dressing

and flour tortillas


1) saute onions in olive oil until they are cooked, then add pepper and hot pepper.

2) when the peppers are done add mushrooms [and YES the onion should be VERY VERY much cooked!

3) take shave meat and saute. add salt and pepper, then drain oil.

4) [there are different ways to do it but] portion about 2 ounces of meat per sandwich and melt some cheese on each one.

5) heat flour tortilla. spoon on 1 oz. dressing. place hot meat and cheese on top of dressing. top with steamy succulent pepper and mushroom mix!

6) fold sides of tortilla and roll like a burrito!

7) enjoy the best sandwich of your life!:D

:w:
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
wth1257
04-11-2009, 03:07 PM
Originally Posted by Güven
And what is the end result , do you have a picture of that ? :D
A arge grayish mass that is kind of stringy from the cheese :D

When I showed it to someone they actually kind of looked at me in horror.

"WHAT THE ______ ARE YOU EATING?!?!?!?" sort of thing

I never thought to take a picture of it though:-[
Reply

wth1257
04-11-2009, 03:10 PM
Originally Posted by YusufNoor
:sl:

mushrooms, eh?

my wife's new favorite dish:

take 2 large onions, slice thin

a half pound of mushrooms, slice thin

i green pepper, slice thin

i hot pepper, slice thin

some white cheese, mozzarella is fine, slice thin

some hallal boneless steak. shave VERY thin!

some non haraam Ranch dressing

and flour tortillas


1) saute onions in olive oil until they are cooked, then add pepper and hot pepper.

2) when the peppers are done add mushrooms [and YES the onion should be VERY VERY much cooked!

3) take shave meat and saute. add salt and pepper, then drain oil.

4) [there are different ways to do it but] portion about 2 ounces of meat per sandwich and melt some cheese on each one.

5) heat flour tortilla. spoon on 1 oz. dressing. place hot meat and cheese on top of dressing. top with steamy succulent pepper and mushroom mix!

6) fold sides of tortilla and roll like a burrito!

7) enjoy the best sandwich of your life!:D

:w:

Why? Why do you have to do that to me? :cry:

Look at what I'm eating +o(

Then you have to come by a flaunt this amazing recipe in front of me :raging:


lol, but seriously that looks amazing:D
Reply

Cabdullahi
04-11-2009, 03:13 PM
this guys is the sickest guy ever loool....i make very similar meals.........beans....tuna....cheese all mixed and mashed up......some people say why do you eat it.ahmed???.....i just say because of the protein
Reply

wth1257
04-11-2009, 03:16 PM
Originally Posted by Abdullahii
this guys is the sickest guy ever loool....i make very similar meals.........beans....tuna....cheese all mixed and mashed up......some people say why do you eat it.ahmed???.....i just say because of the protein


lol, that's actually why I made it. I wanted some protein but the only protein food I had were anchovies.
Reply

The Ruler
04-11-2009, 03:38 PM
Originally Posted by wth1257
"WHAT THE ______ ARE YOU EATING?!?!?!?" sort of thing
The fish kinda justifies that reaction.

I, for some reason, just can't imagine those... Anchovies... cooked. No matter what I do, they always appear the silver color they are. Add cheese and mushroom to that and you'll understand why your food brought forth such a reaction.
Reply

ardianto
04-11-2009, 03:41 PM
There are many kinds of mushroom in my place. but I doubt, is that a tropical mushroom ?

Anchovies ?......this is the first time I see anchovies !

Feta cheese ?. I Know there are many kinds of cheeses but I don't know what is different between 'A cheese', 'B cheese', C cheese', D cheese'..........
Reply

جوري
04-15-2009, 03:38 AM
I really love anchovies, and mushrooms, I asked that my pizza have anchovies and onions for toppings the other day.. it wasn't popular with anyone except me, and that is what made it special...

Br. Yusuf, I was so content to not have anything in my stomach just 5 mins ago, why must you send me to the fridge to scour for a midnight snack?
Reply

جوري
04-15-2009, 03:42 AM
some mushrooms eat like stakes honestly those ****aki , Grilled Portabella and truffles are amazing but mad expensive.. maybe Br. Yusuf can give us a recipe of eggs and truffles .. I am so in the mood for that now..
Reply

coddles76
04-15-2009, 04:01 AM
Oh Man I personally don't like Anchovies, My tongue and nose buds just simple don't deal with it very well. Lucky I have just finished eating my lunch otherwise those pictures would have caused some mental issues in trying to down my food lol
Glad you liked it though, if you Substitute the Anchovies with Fettucini pasta I will certainly dive into it ;)
Oh and paremesan cheese ;)
Reply

burdenofbeing
04-15-2009, 05:45 AM
it sounds like a recipe for disaster.

:P
Reply

*charisma*
04-15-2009, 05:52 AM
Sometimes when I eat mushrooms, they taste great! Other times...I can't ward off the thought of them being a fungus :-\
Reply

S_87
04-15-2009, 10:14 AM
If any women here are confused why so few men cook it is because this is the sort of thing we come up with
exactly what im thinking right now
Reply

saba muslimah
04-15-2009, 10:37 AM
Originally Posted by wth1257


About a minute or two before they are done add some yummy anchovies






If any women here are confused why so few men cook it is because this is the sort of thing we come up with :p


:bump1:
Wat are anchvies.?????????? :X
Sorry but It looks Weired +o(

Mashrooms & Chesse addition make it nice....
Reply

gladTidings
04-15-2009, 10:56 AM
I feel surprised every time any man can come up with anything better than fried eggs, beans and toast. Even though most of the leading chefs in Britain are men... so we all know men can cook as well as women, they just dont! Some men in my family cook better than the women though.

I made something similar last week for breakfast except I used eggs instead of anchovies. It looks kind of scary but i'll trust you if you say its yummy since I like most food. I have a love affair with food:wub:
Reply

Ar-RaYYan
04-15-2009, 11:14 AM
Originally Posted by wth1257
First Slice up some Mushrooms




Saute them.




About a minute or two before they are done add some yummy anchovies




and then cook in some feta cheese




Enjoy!:statisfie



If any women here are confused why so few men cook it is because this is the sort of thing we come up with :p

I actually think it's good. I made it when, of course, the only food I had were some cans of anchovies, some old feta cheese, and some mushrooms. Some people disagree. Apparently some picky individuals don't appreciate the smell of anchovies.

Probably just jealous individuals trying to stamp out my obvious culinary genius:raging:


:bump1:

i cant believe you ate that!!:blind: wow u really are brave :exhausted
Reply

wth1257
04-17-2009, 03:41 AM
Originally Posted by saba muslimah
Wat are anchvies.?????????? :X
Sorry but It looks Weired +o(

Mashrooms & Chesse addition make it nice....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anchovy
Reply

BlissfullyJaded
04-18-2009, 03:37 AM
:sl:

Oh wow. :ermm: I almost lost my appetite, then I got to brother Yusuf's post. :p Actually, the mushrooms and cheese part sounds pretty nice, but I've never tried anchovies and it just doesn't sound real appealing to me. :ermm:
Reply

nebula
04-18-2009, 03:51 AM
your dish looks very nice mashallah akhi! i like fish, ive never tried anchovies tho, not because i dislike them but just because my parents never buy them, they usually just buy Cod Fillets.
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-03-2011, 06:23 AM
  2. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-21-2009, 07:26 AM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!