/* */

PDA

View Full Version : New and Wondering

VidiaStarLight
04-11-2009, 01:18 AM
Hello,

A friend told me to come to this site to hopefully find myself and find some answers to my many questions. I have so many that I don't know where to start. I feel drawn to Islam and want to make sure that this is where I belong. I have been feeling like I am wondering around with no where to call home or family spiritually. My husband is Muslim. We have been married for almost a year now and together for 3. I was raised in Southern Baptist Church and recently felt that I was just sitting in a room that was not right for me. I hope that I can find my answers here and hopefully find where I belong.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Morgan
"VidiaStarLight"

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Yanal
04-11-2009, 01:20 AM
Welcome. Ask away I will try to answer.

UmmSqueakster
04-11-2009, 01:42 AM
Welcome to the forum and (hopefully) to islam! I have a section of my blog dedicated to resources for converts that you'd probably find helpful. It's got a lot of basic information that a seeker would hopefully find usefully.

http://rahma.hadithuna.com/converts/

جوري
04-11-2009, 01:51 AM
:welcome: aboard we hope you feel @ home here..

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AntiKarateKid
04-11-2009, 02:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by VidiaStarLight
Hello,

A friend told me to come to this site to hopefully find myself and find some answers to my many questions. I have so many that I don't know where to start. I feel drawn to Islam and want to make sure that this is where I belong. I have been feeling like I am wondering around with no where to call home or family spiritually. My husband is Muslim. We have been married for almost a year now and together for 3. I was raised in Southern Baptist Church and recently felt that I was just sitting in a room that was not right for me. I hope that I can find my answers here and hopefully find where I belong.

Morgan
"VidiaStarLight"

Stop.

You are indeed welcome here but you are mistaken if you think that we're scholars.

Please Morgan, do yourself a favor and travel to the nearest Mosque or find an Islamic lecture event and talk to the speaker. They will give you more thorough answers and help you out much better.

If you are burning for answers motivate yourself to take my advice.

MuslimahBarb
04-11-2009, 02:20 AM
:sl:

Morgan Welcome to the board. I am a revert to Islam but I was also raised in a Southern Baptist Church & I found myself feeling exactly as you do. Ask any questions you might have about Islam and/or Muslims. We will help you in any way that we can.

VidiaStarLight
04-11-2009, 03:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Janaan
Welcome to the forum and (hopefully) to islam! I have a section of my blog dedicated to resources for converts that you'd probably find helpful. It's got a lot of basic information that a seeker would hopefully find usefully.

http://rahma.hadithuna.com/converts/
Thanks Janaan, I will look at the webpage that you suggested.

I feel real welcome here. :statisfie

VidiaStarLight
04-11-2009, 03:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AntiKarateKid
Stop.

You are indeed welcome here but you are mistaken if you think that we're scholars.

Please Morgan, do yourself a favor and travel to the nearest Mosque or find an Islamic lecture event and talk to the speaker. They will give you more thorough answers and help you out much better.

If you are burning for answers motivate yourself to take my advice.
Actually, the Nearest mosque is about 2 hours from where I am and I don't have a driver's license (spelling?) and I don't have a car nor the money to afford one or insurance.

And I know that a person can never really know everything about a certain topic.

But thanks all the same.

VidiaStarLight
04-11-2009, 03:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MuslimahBarb
:sl:

Morgan Welcome to the board. I am a revert to Islam but I was also raised in a Southern Baptist Church & I found myself feeling exactly as you do. Ask any questions you might have about Islam and/or Muslims. We will help you in any way that we can.
Thanks MuslimahBarb, :statisfie

I am sure that I will find my answers and such. :)

Bint-Al-Islam
04-11-2009, 04:23 PM
Hello Morgan.
Welcome to LI.. May u benefit from this site :) May God guide u to the right path and make ur life easy.. Ameen :)

VidiaStarLight
04-13-2009, 12:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bint-Al-Islam
Hello Morgan.
Welcome to LI.. May u benefit from this site :) May God guide u to the right path and make ur life easy.. Ameen :)
Thanks Bint-Al-Islam, I am actually a very shy person...:)

islamlover_girl
04-13-2009, 01:27 AM
welcome to LI.
enjoy and benefit ur time.
feel as if it is ur home , ur welcomed her.
see u later in the forum`s threads in shaa Allah ;)

VidiaStarLight
04-19-2009, 02:40 PM
Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome! :)
Been reading many threads.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.