/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Simple Good Deeds For all of us to do Everyday!

Hamza Asadullah
04-11-2009, 11:43 PM
Simple Good deeds for All of us to do everyday!
| |
| | Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) said: "Is anyone of you incapable of earning one thousand Hasanah (rewards) a day?" Someone from the gathering asked, "How can anyone of us earn a thousand Hasanah?" Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) said: "Glorify Allah a hundred times by just saying “Subhanallah” and a Good deeds will be written for you, or a thousand sins will be wiped away.”
| | [Muslim 4:2073]
| |
| | Hadhrat Abu Dharr [Ra] narrated that Rasulallah [Saw] said: “Should I not tell you of one treasure of the unlimited treasures of Paradise?” I replied spontaneously “Oh Rasulallah (Saw) that would be an honour indeed!” Rasulallah (Saw) said: “That rare treasure is LA HAWLA WA LA QUWWATA ILLA BILLAH.” (“The strength to do good and to refrain from evil comes from the grace and mercy of Allah!”) - (Ibn Majah)
| |
| | Hadhrat Jaa'bir [Ra] narrated that Rasulallah [Saw] said: “For the person who recites SUB-HAN'ALLAH HIL AZEEM WA BI-HAM'DIHI, [Pure and perfect is Allah in his glory and praise], - A date palm will be planted for him in Paradise” (Tirmidhi)
| |
| |
| | Hadhrat Abu Sa'eed [RA] narrated that RASUL'ULLAH [SAW] said: “ON THE DAY OF JUDGEMENT, A RAM WILL BE BROUGHT AND POSITIONED BETWEEN PARADISE AND HELL. IT WILL THEN BE SLAUGHTERED. THE DWELLERS OF PARADISE AND HELL WILL OBSERVE THIS SCENE [OF THE END OF DEATH]. IF IT WAS STILL POSSIBLE TO DIE, THE DWELLERS OF PARADISE WOULD HAVE DIED OF HAPPINESS AND JOY. IF IT WAS POSSIBLE TO DIE, THE DWELLERS OF HELL WOULD HAVE PREFERRED TO DIE OF GRIEF AND SORROW.” - (Tirmidhi)
| |
| | Hadhrat Mu'az [RA] narrated RASUL'ULLAH [SAW] said: “THE INHABITANTS OF PARADISE WILL NOT BE GRIEF-STRICKEN OR SORROWFUL ABOUT ANYTHING THEY DID IN THE LIFE OF THE WORLD EXCEPT FOR THE TIME THEY SPENT WITHOUT BEING IN THE DHIKR-REMEMBRANCE OF ALLAH [SWT].” - (Tab'raani)
| |
| | Over a Billion Rewards in Just a Few Seconds:
| |
| | Narrated ‘Ubaadah that the Messenger of Allah said, “Whoever seeks forgiveness for the believing men and believing women, Allah will write for him a good deed for each believing man and believing woman.” (Tabarrani, classed as hasan by Albani)

| | That Which Shall Have no Equal on the Day of Resurrection:
| | Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah’s Apostle said,” Whoever says one hundred times in a day:
| |
| | “La ilaha illal-lah wahdahu la sharika lahu, lahu-l-mulk wa lahu-l-hamd wa huwa ‘ala kulli shai’in qadir,” {”None has the right to be worshipped but Allah, the Alone Who has no partners, to Him belongs Dominion and to Him belong all the Praises, and He has power over all things (i.e. Omnipotent)”,}
| |
| | he will get the same reward as given for manumitting ten slaves; and one hundred good deeds will be written in his accounts, and one hundred sins will be deducted from his accounts, and it (his saying) will be a shield for him from Satan on that day till night, and nobody will be able to do a better deed except the one who does more than he.” (Bukhari,Book #75, Hadith #412)
| |
| | Forgiveness for Sins Even Though They Be like the Foam of the Sea:
| |
| | Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah’s Apostle said, “Whoever says, ‘Subhan Allah wa bihamdihi, {Allah is free from imperfection and His is the praise}. one hundred times a day, will be forgiven all his sins even if they were as much as the foam of the sea. (Bukhari,Book #75, Hadith #414)
| |
| | Four Phrases that are Heavier in the Scales than an Entire Morning of Thikr:
| |
| | The Mother of the Believers, Juwairiyah bint Al-Harith reported that the Prophet came out from my apartment in the morning as I was busy in performing the dawn prayer. He came back in the forenoon and found me sitting there. The Prophet said,”Are you still in the same position as I left you.” I replied in the affirmative. Thereupon the Prophet said, “I recited four phrases three times after I had left you. If these are to be weighed against all you have recited since morning, these will be heavier. These are:
| |
| | Subhan-Allah wa bihamdihi, ‘adada khalqihi, wa rida-a nafsihi, wa zinatah ‘arshihi, wa midada kalimatihi {Allah is free from imperfection and I begin with His praise, as many times as the number of His creatures, in accordance with His Good Pleasure, equal to the ink that may be used in recording the words (for His Praise).” (Muslim)
| |
| | A Phrase that Comes with Rewards in the Millions:

| | On the authority of Abdullah ibn ‘Umar that the Prophet said,”Whoever enters a market and says:
| |
| | ‘Laa ilaaha ill Allah waHdahu laa shareeka lah, lahul mulku wa lahul Hamdu yuHyi wa yumeetu wa huwa Hayyun laa yamoot, bi yadihil khayr, wahuwa ‘alaa kulli shay’in qadeer’
| |
| | {There is nothing worthy of worship but Allah, He is alone without partner, to Him belongs the dominion and the praise, he causes life and death and He is the Living One and will never die. In His Hand is all good, and He is over all things capable.}
| |
| | Allah will write for him a million good deeds, erase a million of his bad deeds and build for him a house in Jannah .”And in another narration, which is also classed as hasan, instead of mentioning that Allah will build a house in Jannah, it states,”and he will be raised one million levels.” {Tirmidhi,classed as Hasan by Albani}.

| | Beautiful Supplication for Forgiveness:
| |
| | Shaddad bin Aus (May Allah be pleased with him) said: The Prophet (PBUH) said, “The best supplication for seeking forgiveness (Syed-ul-Istighfar) is to say: `Allahumma Anta Rabbi, la ilaha illa Anta, khalaqtani wa ana `abduka, wa ana `ala `ahdika wa wa`dika mastata`tu, a`udhu bika min sharri ma sana`tu, abu‘u laka bini`matika `alayya, wa abu‘u bidhanbi faghfir li, fa innahu la yaghfirudh-dhunuba illa Anta.
| |
| | (O Allah! You are my Rubb. There is no true god except You. You have created me, and I am Your slave, and I hold to Your Covenant as far as I can. I seek refuge in You from the evil of what I have done. I acknowledge the favours that You have bestowed upon me, and I confess my sins. Pardon me, for none but You has the power to pardon).’
| |
| | He who supplicates in these terms during the day with firm belief in it and dies on the same day (before the evening), he will be one of the dwellers of Jannah; and if anyone supplicates in these terms during the night with firm belief in it and dies before the morning, he will be one of the dwellers of Jannah.”
| | [Al-Bukhari].

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza Asadullah
05-24-2009, 11:38 PM
Fear of Allah

Allah - by virtue of His Greatness - should be feared, as has been enjoined time and again in Quran as well as ahadith. Abbas the uncle of our blessed Holy Prophet has related that once he and others were sitting under a tree with the Holy Prophet when dry leaves began to fall from the tree till only green leaves remained. The Holy Prophet said. "This (tree) is like a believer who trembles with fear of Allah and so sheds his sins leaving behind only good deeds". (AI Targhib, p. 227. vol. 5. ref Baihaqi)

To create fear of Allah, we should think of His Power and Greatness, of the straits of earlier ummahs and of the chastisement mentioned in Quran and hadith for the disobedient ones. This shall create Allah's fear in the heart and prevent one from wrongdoing, sinning and unlawful acts, and one shall attain piety which is the basis of all good and of deliverance and salvation in this world and in the next. May Allah grant unto us the opportunity for it all Amen.

Yanal
05-24-2009, 11:56 PM
SubhanAllah!! May we all get these rewards in a few minutes. Ameen!

Hamza Asadullah
05-30-2009, 09:53 AM
Respect for Elders

Although piety and knowledge are the true attributes of greatness in Islam, the youngsters have been enjoined to give due respect to their elder. Our Prophet, upon whom be peace, went to the extent of saying that, “He is not of us who does not have kindness for our young and respect for our old.” (Abu Daud and Tirmidhi)

Grey-haired folk have been specially indicated as objects of our respect in hadith. Abu Musa Ashari relates that our Prophet, may he be eternally blessed, said, “Respect for a grey-haired Muslim is a part of respect for Allah.” (Abu Daud)

Another Prophetic saying has been related by Anas, “For youth who respects an old man because of his age, Allah appoints people who shall respect the young man in his old age.”

It was a custom of our eternally blessed Prophet that if a younger member of a delegation began to speak, the Holy Prophet asked him to let the elders speak first. This shows the great emphasis, laid by our blessed Prophet upon respect for elders, which is highly merited and rewarded.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.