/* */

PDA

View Full Version : interested in islam

annajane
04-12-2009, 02:11 AM
Hello, I am trying to find out about islam and want to talk to some muslim people. It is something I keep thinking about, and know I must act upon but don't know where to start. Any help and advice would be appreciated :D

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
wth1257
04-12-2009, 02:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by annajane
Hello, I am trying to find out about islam and want to talk to some muslim people. It is something I keep thinking about, and know I must act upon but don't know where to start. Any help and advice would be appreciated :D

Don't rush into things. When I first started learning about Islam I really felt a stron urge to convert. But I also knew I wasn't ready yet. If I had gone with that whim I'd probably have become an apostate. I've found that taking time to gain an intelectual and conceptual foundation has helped me gain a great deal of maturity regarding my understanding of the faith. I now feel like I will convert in time (It seems inevitable at this point), and that once I do I will appreciate it so much more than if I just rushed in.

annajane
04-13-2009, 09:29 PM
Thank you for your response. I have been reading about islam for a while now, and I know in my heart it is the truth, but to be honest I am scared. My family and friends will not understand, but I know I MUST please only Allah and Inshallah I will follow the right path. It will be useful to understand how you have dealt with this or any good advice you have been offered. Reading books is good, but talking to people Inshallah will help further.

aamirsaab
04-13-2009, 09:32 PM
:sl:
Are there any mosques/masjids near where you live? If so visit them and speak with the imaam

Do you know any muslim sisters? If so, talk with them.

Do make sure you are honest about it with your parents tho. You will eventually have to speak to them about your feelings, so it's best that you do honestly and early.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
annajane
04-13-2009, 10:00 PM
I am new to the area so don't really know many people here. There is a mosque in the next town, I know this might sound stupid, can I just turn up? Should I cover up before I go? Should I call first?

'Abd-al Latif
04-13-2009, 10:09 PM
I am new to the area so don't really know many people here. There is a mosque in the next town, I know this might sound stupid, can I just turn up? Should I cover up before I go? Should I call first?
You can just turn up.

Just ask someone going in to speak to the imam and he'll come and see you. You can go inside the mosque yourself but just make sure you don't walk into the guys section. Usually the doors are labeled for each gender, so no biggy.

Are you from the UK?

annajane
04-13-2009, 10:24 PM
Thanks for the advice.
Yes I am from the UK.

- Qatada -
04-13-2009, 10:35 PM
Here's some good links on Islam;

http://islamreligion.com
http://muslimconverts.com

:)

'Abd-al Latif
04-13-2009, 10:45 PM
Thanks for the advice.
Yes I am from the UK.
There are a lot of people here from the UK, where abouts in UK are you from?

Dawud_uk
04-14-2009, 05:37 AM
Thank you for your response. I have been reading about islam for a while now, and I know in my heart it is the truth, but to be honest I am scared. My family and friends will not understand, but I know I MUST please only Allah and Inshallah I will follow the right path. It will be useful to understand how you have dealt with this or any good advice you have been offered. Reading books is good, but talking to people Inshallah will help further.
salaam (peace) annajane,

as a revert and someone active in dawah (islamic propogation) i would give you this advice. dont delay.

islam is the best thing in life, the only way of life acceptable to our creator so think about that is pleasing to Allah not what is pleasing to mankind.

if you know what you are doing is pleasing to the creator then no matter whatever everyone else says this is going to give you comfort and keep you going inshallah (Allah willing).

annajane
04-14-2009, 09:15 AM
Thank you for all of your advice. I am going to call the local mosque today and Inshallah they will advise me on what to do next. I am based in devon, kinda in the middle on no where :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.