/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A troubled brother

burdenofbeing
04-12-2009, 03:01 AM
:sl: everyone
I am a -barely- muslim 32 yo brother from Turkey.
I joined this forum mainly to be swayed to the muslim path again, now that I find that inside, I'm an agnostic.

Having said that, which forum would be the best for such a topic?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AntiKarateKid
04-12-2009, 04:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by burdenofbeing
I joined this forum mainly to be swayed to the muslim path again, now that I find that inside, I'm an agnostic.

Have strength brother. You are never far from Allah's mercy. If you don't mind sharing why you have strayed, it would help.

Also, consider praying regularly, listening to the Quran, and going to the mosque to speak with brothers or the Imam. That is what helped me stay on track.

You are in my duas.

wth1257
04-12-2009, 04:34 AM

Have you read Al Ghazali's "Deliverance From Error"?

burdenofbeing
04-12-2009, 01:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AntiKarateKid
Have strength brother. You are never far from Allah's mercy. If you don't mind sharing why you have strayed, it would help.

Also, consider praying regularly, listening to the Quran, and going to the mosque to speak with brothers or the Imam. That is what helped me stay on track.

You are in my duas.
Thank you. I have several reasons. Most importantly, the concept of believing itself. Only thing keeping me is my past experiences, things that I'm used to do.

Praying etc, would be hypocritical of me.

format_quote Originally Posted by wth1257
Have you read Al Ghazali's "Deliverance From Error"?
No, I have not.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AbuSalahudeen
04-12-2009, 04:11 PM
:sl:

Brother stay firm, life is full of trails, and shaytaan our enemy is always looking for an extrance to start his whispering, and making clear matters doubtful.

islamlover_girl
04-13-2009, 02:07 AM
Allah only can guide u ,so keep asking him to do.
Don`t lose hope ,Allah is the most merciful and the most compassionate.
Seek refuge from Allah from the accursed shaytan a lot.
May Allah guides u.

Sahabiyaat
04-15-2009, 09:31 PM
Thank you. I have several reasons. Most importantly, the concept of believing itself. Only thing keeping me is my past experiences, things that I'm used to do.

No.It would not!, thats exactly what shaytaans telling you my brother, and you are letting him succeed.If you willingly stop your one way of communicating with Allah, then ofcourse you will end up having agnostic thoughts!

Ali.
04-15-2009, 09:36 PM

Why?

Bro', what is prayer?

Prayer is worship, for glorifying our Creator.

Who is prayer for? Just the good Muslims who never sin?
I'm afraid there is not a good Muslim who doesn't sin as we humans are not free from error and are infact prone to make error.

So bro', I advise you to pray, it is commanded by Allah :arabic2:. Make sure you have the intentions insha'Allah and I think especially at al fatiha: "Ahdina assiraat al mustaqeem" (Guide us to the right path). Maybe even make du'a after prayer. :):)

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-15-2009, 09:36 PM
:sl:

I agree with sis Sahabiyaat. Salaah is your one on one conversation with Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala. These are nothing but whispers to you from shaytaan. Once he's succeeded in keeping you away from salaah and you stop, he will only attack you from other areas. Shaytaan is neverrr satisfied, he will do ALL he can to totally keep you from your deen. Salaah is what makes us truly at heart, a Muslim. Never leave salaah brother. Allah knows your struggle so as long as you keep praying and seeking His guidance, Allah Ta'ala would never leave ur side InshaAllah. So please please, do not stop praying. May Allah increase you in imaan and keep you firm on the deen of Islam, Ameeeennnn.

:w:

GreyKode
04-15-2009, 09:46 PM
brother burden, I really understand what you mean, believe me.
But I might suggest something, do you pray fajr prayer in time in the mosque? if not then start doing it, wake up from midst of your sleep, just drag yourself up and do wudhu and then out to the mosque.
It would help if it's a far away mosque so you can spend time walking and making tasabih on your way, and also look for a big jama'a and an Imaam that has a good voice :D. And just try really enjoying the prayer and the recitation.
So please make this pledge to yourself that you will wake up no matter what for fajr prayer TODAY
May ALLAH guide all our hearts.

burdenofbeing
04-15-2009, 09:49 PM
I go to mosque for fajr a lot. At least I used to. I really love the atmosphere.
But, it's hard to completely explain the situation right now, and at any rate I wouldn't want to do it here, in the introduction forums. Later on probably.

Thanks for the nice thoughts.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-15-2009, 09:50 PM
Wow, I didnt realize it was an intro thread ;D

*smacks self*

wth1257
04-16-2009, 02:20 AM

No, I have not.
Well Ghazali underwent a period of extream doubt. So much so that he could not speak. His book was a recounting of his struggle with faith and how he came back to God.

burdenofbeing
04-16-2009, 05:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by wth1257
Well Ghazali underwent a period of extream doubt. So much so that he could not speak. His book was a recounting of his struggle with faith and how he came back to God.
looks like it didn't help you :P
thanks, I've already started reading it.

Hafswa
04-16-2009, 05:56 AM
Praying for you.

Bint-Al-Islam
04-16-2009, 09:28 PM
Salam Alekum
Welcome to LI.. May u benefit from this site InshAllah :)

wth1257
04-17-2009, 03:52 AM
looks like it didn't help you :P
thanks, I've already started reading it.
LOL! :D

good one :bump1:

Although I am afraid incorrect. :)

I was an atheist and am moving Islam atowards nd Ghazali did help this.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.