/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Horror stories

جوري
04-12-2009, 10:30 PM
:sl:

I enjoy Victorian horror/ghost stories and I have quite a few anthologies here Victorian and otherwise --
I'd like you to share with me the one you consider most horrifying...

Jazakoum Allah

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AntiKarateKid
04-13-2009, 01:52 AM
There was once a certain college student. He thought he had his academics under control until one day near the end of the semester... he walked into his chemistry class only to find out..... that the final was not in two weeks... it was THAT day... dun dun DUN!

Might not seem scary to you but trust me, at the end of the school year, zombies and demons can't touch the final exams in horror and suspense.

Muezzin
04-13-2009, 11:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
:sl:

I enjoy Victorian horror/ghost stories and I have quite a few anthologies here Victorian and otherwise --
I'd like you to share with me the one you consider most horrifying...

Jazakoum Allah

Do you like splatterpunk-type stuff?

Or rather 'splat-stick' horror comedies in the vein of Sam Raimi's Evil Dead 2?

Because I had one of those published a couple of years ago. Not sure if it would be suitable for this forum. But PM me if your interest is piqued.

If your interest is not piqued, I'll try and write a gothic horror story inshallah.

Banu_Hashim
04-13-2009, 11:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AntiKarateKid
There was once a certain college student. He thought he had his academics under control until one day near the end of the semester... he walked into his chemistry class only to find out..... that the final was not in two weeks... it was THAT day... dun dun DUN!
That would possibly be my worst nightmare.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
04-13-2009, 04:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Do you like splatterpunk-type stuff?

Or rather 'splat-stick' horror comedies in the vein of Sam Raimi's Evil Dead 2?

Because I had one of those published a couple of years ago. Not sure if it would be suitable for this forum. But PM me if your interest is piqued.

If your interest is not piqued, I'll try and write a gothic horror story inshallah.

I am a more of evoke the notion of, than into gore..
I don't know if you have ever watched the movie a 'tale of two sisters'?.. it is a very intense, very chilling psychological thriller.. and admittedly I couldn't understand it until the last three minutes but I usually like things along those lines.. ghost stories are also good..

look fwd to what you write insha'Allah

Sahabiyaat
04-13-2009, 04:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AntiKarateKid

Might not seem scary to you but trust me, at the end of the school year, zombies and demons can't touch the final exams in horror and suspense.

oh yeh, beat this;

i was an 'A' student back in school...how this managed to happen i dont know...

but my horror story came true when i misread my timetable and and slept whilst my GCSE I.T exam was going on and i missed it.

my teacher stangled me the next day
literally. she put her hands around my throat but then managed to compose herself.

Muezzin
04-13-2009, 05:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
I am a more of evoke the notion of, than into gore..
I don't know if you have ever watched the movie a 'tale of two sisters'?.. it is a very intense, very chilling psychological thriller.. and admittedly I couldn't understand it until the last three minutes but I usually like things along those lines.. ghost stories are also good..

look fwd to what you write insha'Allah

Looked it up on Wiki.

If you liked that, you might also like 'Shuffle' by Jonathan Wood.

If you don't like that, you're bound to find something you do on that site. :)

As to my work... well, I'm a very conscientious (i.e. slow) writer.

جوري
04-13-2009, 06:03 PM
Jazaka Allah khyran I'll wait for the good stuff.. all good things are worth the wait..

waslaam 3lykoum wr wb

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.