/* */

PDA

View Full Version : BE CAREFUL of such hypocrite members !!

Danah
04-13-2009, 07:35 PM
I found this today by pure chance when I was looking for an information and it made me feel sick +o(

This is such a pathetic way to invite people to a specific religion.
If you have something to say, don't cover your head under the PMs, say it loudly if you are confident of your faith. Don't use such a twisted pathetic way

Its sad to know that we have such pathetic members who are pretending to be curios about something while they are not

I was very generous though to hide the username and the forum name as well

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
GreyKode
04-13-2009, 07:51 PM
Notice how this person says the muslims "allegedly" forsake islam not through trickery (and what would you call what he's doing).
About the power of jesus christ that changes people not by word not by intellect blah blah blah... he's probably talking about the strong light....if you know what am saying.

convert
04-13-2009, 07:54 PM
Thinking is not a common thing in Christianity. I cannot count the number of times I heard "brother, just have faith."

Danah
04-13-2009, 07:55 PM
I have seen such ------------------------ or........ better to be silent to not lose my temper now :raging:

because we muslims have manners in dealing with such people

I hate the way people think of others

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
UmmSqueakster
04-13-2009, 07:58 PM
Ah CF, how I miss thee...NOT. I was the resident muslim poster there for ages. Totally not worth your time and effort.

AntiKarateKid
04-13-2009, 08:01 PM
Ah yes they covert through "visions". Just like hindus or buddhists have visions.

Thank God converts to Islam use their god-given brains instead of stocking up on hallucinogens and hoping the image looks like Isa pbuh.

Shaitan has it easy with apostates.

Shaitan: "I'm Jesus, Islam is bad."
Apostate: MY LORD!
Apostate's brain: :blind:

Christian: "Wth... the Bible isn't making sense..." (reads Quran and reverts)
Christian's Brain: :statisfie

Ibn Abi Ahmed
04-13-2009, 08:03 PM
:sl:

The people that try to take people away from guidance are simply devils amongst men, callers to the Hellfire. Exactly as they plan and do today, the Quraysh and Abu Jahl planned and did yesterday to get people away from the Messenger (salalahu 'alayhi wa sallam), yet in the end it didn't matter, people still came to Islaam and no one left. Leave them to their inventions.

{And thus We have made for every Prophet an enemy - devils from mankind and jinn, inspiring to one another decorative speech in delusion. But if your Lord had willed, they would not have done it, so leave them and that which they invent.}[al-An'aam; 112]

aamirsaab
04-13-2009, 08:09 PM
Should any member receive pms from those ''crusaders'' please tell a mod. We'll deal with them the ol' fashion way:

Danah
04-13-2009, 08:19 PM
^ its old but effective...:thumbs_up :)

nebula
04-13-2009, 08:31 PM
The kuffar can never put out the light of this deen Inshallah. This is the haqq! whether they like it or not! :raging: GRRR

AabiruSabeel
04-13-2009, 09:27 PM
Their intention is to extinguish Allah's Light (by blowing) with their mouths: But Allah will complete (the revelation of) His Light, even though the Unbelievers may detest (it). [61:8]
Media Tags are no longer supported
:X

PS: in case anyone is wondering, this recording is not mine. Its Maulana Umar Palanpuri (Rahimahullah)

جوري
04-13-2009, 09:33 PM
When I first saw the thread title I thought it was about me, I always feel like a Tartuffe (may Allah swt make me of the pious and not the hypocrites) -- but now that I have read the post, I have to say, it is obvious to almost every member here the intent of those folks, including the ones that come alleging they are former Muslims while not knowing two straight verses in a row from the Quran quoting the same crap over and over no matter how many times they are refuted... also they come sometimes in mosques, especially this small one my sister frequents, she has been going there for 12 yrs so she knows when something doesn't add up as opposed to folks who come to the female section every once in a blue moon and become really concerened.. All I can say is al'mo'men fatun, and Allah swt shall fulfil his promise in spite of centuries long hatred and crusades on their part.. It must really be painful for them in spite of all their incessant efforts Islam is still the fastest and soon to be number one religion in the world insha'Allah..

:w:

Danah
04-13-2009, 09:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
When I first saw the thread title I thought it was about me, I always feel like a Tartuffe (may Allah swt make me of the pious and not the hypocrites)
are you serious :ooh:
Just why on earth I will write something like that about you :confused:
I think you are kidding sis...or I am sure you are kidding

-- but now that I have read the post, I have to say, it is obvious to almost every member here the intent of those folks, including the ones that come alleging they are former Muslims while not knowing two straight verses in a row from the Quran quoting the same crap over and over no matter how many times they are refuted... also they come sometimes in mosques, especially this small one my sister frequents, she has been going there for 12 yrs so she knows when something doesn't add up as opposed to folks who come to the female section every once in a blue moon and become really concerened.. All I can say is al'mo'men fatun, and Allah swt shall fulfil his promise in spite of centuries long hatred and crusades on their part.. It must really be painful for them in spite of all their incessant efforts Islam is still the fastest and soon to be number one religion in the world insha'Allah..

but its funny, poor, pathetic, stupid way to cover heads under such tactics
and despite all the attempts its like Allah said:

Fain would they put out the light of Allah with their mouths, but Allah will perfect His light however much the disbelievers are averse [8:61]

Intisar
04-13-2009, 09:52 PM
:sl: I think something should be done about those who aren't full members being able to send PMs...

AabiruSabeel
04-13-2009, 10:09 PM
A search revealed this here:
I conducted an opposite experiment , dear Chris. I joined a "moderate" Muslim forum (Islamicboard.com) where I played the role of a "radical" Muslim and I "framed my arguments within an Islamic context". I was surprised at my own success. If you're clever enough you can make of those idiots (sorry "respectable Muslims") whatever you wish bar moderate , rational human beings.
Another.

Danah
04-13-2009, 10:15 PM
^ another attempt from someone to be stupid sorry "clever"

this forum is really an obvious target for many of those folks

kwolney01
04-13-2009, 10:32 PM
WOW....this is shocking. I can't believe people would do this. Be straight up with what you are trying to accomplish don't act like you really care.

I feel sad for these people because they have nothing better to do then do things like this.

Allah help them.

Thanks for sharing.

Hassan'76ers
04-13-2009, 10:57 PM
Well they want info but there getting it the hard way.Might as well be truthful and give us there intentions. Well I dont know there side of the story.
Allah Knows
SAlam

جوري
04-14-2009, 12:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SAYA
are you serious :ooh:
Just why on earth I will write something like that about you :confused:
I think you are kidding sis...or I am sure you are kidding
I always have a fear of being a hypocrite, when I saw the title I thought it would be the characteristics of hypocrites and that I'd find some of my traits in it..

but its funny, poor, pathetic, stupid way to cover heads under such tactics
and despite all the attempts its like Allah said:

Fain would they put out the light of Allah with their mouths, but Allah will perfect His light however much the disbelievers are averse [8:61]
That is indeed the first verse that came to my head..Allah motim noorih insha'Allah

Jazaki Allah khyran for sharing, it has confirmed my suspicions as to their intent and tactics..

wth1257
04-14-2009, 05:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AabiruSabeel
A search revealed this here:

Another.
Lol. Of course a Daniel Pipes fan would know what it is to be "moderate" and "rational".

Idiot :rolleyes:

Tony
04-14-2009, 10:15 PM
hahahahaha make Muslims turn to christianity, whatever. renewable skin burnt and renewed again for eternity, I think any body who claims to have been Muslim then turns to christianity were lying about being Muslims to begin with. May Allah open the eyes of the person who wrote the letter in opening thread and may they embrace Islam

Grace Seeker
04-15-2009, 01:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by convert
Thinking is not a common thing in Christianity. I cannot count the number of times I heard "brother, just have faith."

And if one reads the advice section here, consider how many simply answer, "Say dua, and Allah knows best." It is the same answer that you accuse Christians of having. I suspect the lack of critical thinking may be common among adherents of all religions.

That's not to excuse someone who comes here for unpure or hidden motives such as the OP addressed. But to say that thinking is not a common thing in Christianity is simply a red herring with regard to that point. And, beside, it's not even true, just as it would be untrue to claim that because many Muslims reply with a simple "Allah knows best." that thinking is not a common thing in Islam.

جوري
04-15-2009, 01:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Grace Seeker
And if one reads the advice section here, consider how many simply answer, "Say dua, and Allah knows best." It is the same answer that you accuse Christians of having. I suspect the lack of critical thinking may be common among adherents of all religions.
Du3a is the weapon of the believer but it isn't where faith comes from, it is the safety net, and Allah knows best indeed! as to a indoctrinating Muslims by jiggery-pokery well it is an area that Christians have mustered.. if they'd only busy themselves mending the man/God myth with more florid speech I believe it would serve them better than coming to an Islamic forum with a cut and paste of alleged flaws when they haven't so much as picked a Quran to save face!

all the best

ATHEISTofPEACE
04-15-2009, 04:43 AM
:D:D:D
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
Should any member receive pms from those ''crusaders'' please tell a mod. We'll deal with them the ol' fashion way:
lol. Heya there are to many of them in America. Could you help out? :D

aamirsaab
04-15-2009, 10:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ATHEISTofPEACE
:D:D:D

lol. Heya there are to many of them in America. Could you help out? :D
I'll look into it.

:p.

S_87
04-15-2009, 11:48 AM

whoever posted that in the other forum and if he/she or any fellow members are reading this, bring your arguments and we will discuss what you, come make us think. Come and bring your books that have been changed

Then whoever disputes with you concerning him ['Îsa (Jesus)] after (all this) knowledge that has come to you [i.e. 'Îsa (Jesus) being a slave of Allah, and having no share in Divinity], say: (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) "Come, let us call our sons and your sons, our women and your women, ourselves and yourselves - then we pray and invoke (sincerely) the Curse of Allah upon those who lie."
3:61

Danah
04-15-2009, 12:47 PM
^If he had the courage to say what he wanted to in public, he will not cover his head like an ostrich and hide behind PMs and emails :raging:
but unfortunately he is not....which is a very sad thing to think about!!

This is a respectable place for both Muslims and non-Muslims, how come people think of religious forums that way!!

maryam87
04-15-2009, 01:36 PM
This is one reason why i havent been in this forum in a long time. It was pretty obvious to me that some people were just trying to cause fitna and when i typed something against it my coment got removed by the mods for being unfair or something along those lines really cant remember.

Thinker
04-15-2009, 01:40 PM
I read this post yesterday and it troubled me and I have been thinking about it since. It troubled me because I ask questions and I often describe them as hard questions and I have been accused of asking such questions just to cause annoyance; it concerned me that I might fall under suspicion of being the Christian zealot described. It also troubled me that because of this thread I might feel constrained to ask questions because I might fall ‘suspect’. Having thought about it a lot I could only concluded that I know who I am and why I do what I do and hope that is good enough; if it is not I am ready and willing to answer any questions.

If someone would give me the address of this site I am curious enough to take a look.

maryam87
04-15-2009, 01:44 PM
Well i guess it depends on how one asks the questions. You could say ur unsure about a certain topic and require further answers. Or u could start critcising certain issues which might annoy us and suspect you. All comes down to how you say something rather than what you say in my opinon

format_quote Originally Posted by Thinker
I read this post yesterday and it troubled me and I have been thinking about it since. It troubled me because I ask questions and I often describe them as hard questions and I have been accused of asking such questions just to cause annoyance; it concerned me that I might fall under suspicion of being the Christian zealot described. It also troubled me that because of this thread I might feel constrained to ask questions because I might fall ‘suspect’. Having thought about it a lot I could only concluded that I know who I am and why I do what I do and hope that is good enough; if it is not I am ready and willing to answer any questions.

If someone would give me the address of this site I am curious enough to take a look.

S_87
04-15-2009, 01:52 PM

well the person who posted that seems cowardish as they specifically asked to email members whereas you post your questions publically.
I personally dont have a problem with non muslims asking questions, but there is a way to ask questions. you may be accused of asking questions to cause annoyance because of the way you ask..

IbnAbdulHakim
04-15-2009, 01:57 PM

if your sincere you shouldnt care what others think.

do the right thing

buddy1
04-15-2009, 02:08 PM
well I would like to se this forum seeing as im technically christian, and i dont agree with any of what has been said, I'd like to pay my thanks for you guys accepting me for who i am and what i am by telling them exactly what you guys are like.......... :)

ahmed_indian
04-15-2009, 02:15 PM
jazaak Allah for making us to be more alert

buddy1
04-15-2009, 02:44 PM
http://www.christianforums.com/t7280550/

Im in the process of replying to this narrowminded persons thread.

buddy1
04-15-2009, 03:16 PM
budwing

Blessings: 310 [Check]
My Mood
Reps: 10 (power: 0)

I dont follow any particular religion, but I am very interested in it. I dont judge any particular religion but i have been known to question it.........

I am part of another forum, a muslim forum which I joined "out of interest" to see what they were saying, and in all honesty, my narrow mindedness had me expecting them to be teaching terrorism etc. to my surprise (again down to being so narrow minded) they were discussing and teaching nothing but peace and love.

now, being a typical english person, I have to say I was biased at first, half expecting them to eat me alive for being an english person and a non muslim and not following any religion but now, they took me in, taught me things no one else would have taught me, and they even know an awful lot about the religion my mother chose for me to be part of. I was christened, but was not taught to follow it but my heart and my heart did not point me in the path of religion.

These people on this site are from all over the world, not one of them has tried to "turn" me, they have been nothing but supportive and I have nothing but grattiude for each and every single one of them!

now, excuse me and please correct me if i am wrong, but am i right in saying that no religion should be criticising another? you all beleive in a god, so why slate and cuss the other? in my opinion, its wrong, your all very wrong. maybe you should join a forum and actually be honest about it, ask questions, they have no problem in answering, there are some highly intelligent people on these sites that can maybe widen your narrow minds like they did to me, as said before I was very narrow minded (not nearly as bad as some of you guys seem to be) but they set me straight.

Im married (now separated) to a muslim man, he fathered my 3 children and he is no different to and english christian man. he is a fantastic father, and was a very good husband. Im questioning weather its the religion you have the issues with or the race?

in conclusion to this, I seriously think you should have a deep think about what your GOD really wants for you to do, slate every other religion down to the ground while punishing your selves with thorn leg ties and whipping yourselves across your backs (i know not done by all) or would he want you to see the world as it is, developing how it is, and have you accept it for what it is, if GOD created this world, he created the muslims, hindus, jews, jehovas, sikhs and opus dei religions to right????

I would maybe suggest honestly joing islamicboard and actually asking questions.

and I hope you can all sleep at night knowing how hypocritical you all are.

this was my reply on that christian forum....

ATHEISTofPEACE
04-15-2009, 03:41 PM
Why are Islamic forums nicer then Christian forums. I know of a lot of Christian forums they are horribly rude, restrictive, uninviting, and unkind. The two Islamic Forums I have been to are so nice. It makes me laugh.

Thinker
04-15-2009, 03:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by buddy1

Thanks for the link. I read through the thread (14 pages phew!) and overall I formed the view that:
the person who started the thread got no support for his idea;
the thread very quickly developed into a debate of the legitimacy of both Islam and Christianity;
Muslim members had been allowed to make their point (of course I don’t know if any of there posts were deleted).

I’d be interested to know from Islam_Mulia (who I presume is a member of this forum) how many of her post were deleted, whether any of her other posts get deleted and generallyu how the moderators of that forum treat her?

AntiKarateKid
04-15-2009, 04:00 PM
budwing

Blessings: 310 [Check]
My Mood
Reps: 10 (power: 0)

I dont follow any particular religion, but I am very interested in it. I dont judge any particular religion but i have been known to question it.........

I am part of another forum, a muslim forum which I joined "out of interest" to see what they were saying, and in all honesty, my narrow mindedness had me expecting them to be teaching terrorism etc. to my surprise (again down to being so narrow minded) they were discussing and teaching nothing but peace and love.

now, being a typical english person, I have to say I was biased at first, half expecting them to eat me alive for being an english person and a non muslim and not following any religion but now, they took me in, taught me things no one else would have taught me, and they even know an awful lot about the religion my mother chose for me to be part of. I was christened, but was not taught to follow it but my heart and my heart did not point me in the path of religion.

These people on this site are from all over the world, not one of them has tried to "turn" me, they have been nothing but supportive and I have nothing but grattiude for each and every single one of them!

now, excuse me and please correct me if i am wrong, but am i right in saying that no religion should be criticising another? you all beleive in a god, so why slate and cuss the other? in my opinion, its wrong, your all very wrong. maybe you should join a forum and actually be honest about it, ask questions, they have no problem in answering, there are some highly intelligent people on these sites that can maybe widen your narrow minds like they did to me, as said before I was very narrow minded (not nearly as bad as some of you guys seem to be) but they set me straight.

Im married (now separated) to a muslim man, he fathered my 3 children and he is no different to and english christian man. he is a fantastic father, and was a very good husband. Im questioning weather its the religion you have the issues with or the race?

in conclusion to this, I seriously think you should have a deep think about what your GOD really wants for you to do, slate every other religion down to the ground while punishing your selves with thorn leg ties and whipping yourselves across your backs (i know not done by all) or would he want you to see the world as it is, developing how it is, and have you accept it for what it is, if GOD created this world, he created the muslims, hindus, jews, jehovas, sikhs and opus dei religions to right????

I would maybe suggest honestly joing islamicboard and actually asking questions.

and I hope you can all sleep at night knowing how hypocritical you all are.

this was my reply on that christian forum....
Peace Buddy1

I would just like to comment on this part. This question of yours indicates that you may not understand Islam as well as you think.

Islam teaches that there was always one religion, that is one that required submittance to a single omnipotent creator. That creator, as explained by the Quran and the Prophets, is not polytheistic like the Hindus assert or 3-in-one like the Christians. These are man-made perversions of the truth and should be abandoned.

"Verily the only acceptable religion to Allah is Islam." [Quran 3:19]

Do you understand this verse? For Allah, Islam is the only acceptable view, all others are just the prduct of various peoples' imaginations and opinions.

Danah
04-15-2009, 04:50 PM

again and again......I will say this one more time
in your case thinker, you always ask your questions in public and don't worry about whether a mod will delete your thread or not. Simply because you may have nothing to hide. If you read that post carefully you will notice that that pathetic person don't tend to ask in public..... he is hiding himself under PMs and emails

if you are sincere in your questions and you really want to learn more about Islam then there must be nothing worried you.

so you find it at the end :)
I guess nothing can be hidden on the internet :rollseyes

Muezzin
04-15-2009, 04:55 PM

Nah, you're intelligent, unlike the moron mentioned in the first post. You ask hard questions, but you ask them directly, you don't mess around with this skull-and-dagger rubbish.

I'm mentally writing that guy off as some nutter who is not at all representative of the People of the Book.

S_87
04-15-2009, 05:25 PM
Why are Islamic forums nicer then Christian forums. I know of a lot of Christian forums they are horribly rude, restrictive, uninviting, and unkind. The two Islamic Forums I have been to are so nice. It makes me laugh.
maybe its the muslim forums u chose to join. trust me u can find rude muslim forums too :D

ATHEISTofPEACE
04-15-2009, 05:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
maybe its the muslim forums u chose to join. trust me u can find rude muslim forums too :D
Well then I guess I just got lucky. Two nice, enjoyable, and welcoming Muslim forums in a row. Sadly it has been way to many rude Christian Forums in a row.

One out of tenish or so atheists boards I know is rude. The rest are nice. Some a lot nicer then others.

Still I wonder is there something about Islam that makes them nicer on forum boards?

Forced_In
04-15-2009, 05:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AntiKarateKid
Peace Buddy1

I would just like to comment on this part. This question of yours indicates that you may not understand Islam as well as you think.

Islam teaches that there was always one religion, that is one that required submittance to a single omnipotent creator. That creator, as explained by the Quran and the Prophets, is not polytheistic like the Hindus assert or 3-in-one like the Christians. These are man-made perversions of the truth and should be abandoned.

Do you understand this verse? For Allah, Islam is the only acceptable view, all others are just the prduct of various peoples' imaginations and opinions.
assalam

I suppose moslems should respect and believe in all profits of God and the related religions in their pure form. Am I wrong?

wassalam

Woodrow
04-15-2009, 06:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Forced_In
assalam

I suppose moslems should respect and believe in all profits of God and the related religions in their pure form. Am I wrong?

wassalam
To begin with a minor correction. I doubt if you are even aware of this. We are Muslims not moslems. Moslem was/is an archaic word that carries some derogatory connotations, goes back to the days of the 1736 French play "Le fanatisme, ou Mahomet le Prophete" by Voltaire. It depicts moslems in a very negative and untrue manner.

We do believe all true Prophets going back to Adam were Muslim. Islam has always been the true revealed religion and there have always been Muslims since the creation. The "People of the Book" (Jews, Christians, Sabeeans) are Muslim if they practice their religion in it's original revealed form.

Woodrow
04-15-2009, 06:51 PM

Perhaps because we not only tolerate questions, we encourage them. We are taught to question all things and not to accept things on blind faith. Non Muslims on an Islamic forum do ask question we have not even thought of. When asked with respect and not as an accusation, we welcome such questions.

Thinking can sometimes be a good thing. We need to truly be Muslim by choice and not simply because we never knew anything else.

wth1257
04-15-2009, 08:47 PM

:rollseyes

Don't be a drama queen.

glo
04-15-2009, 09:08 PM

I somehow don't think people think of you as a Christian zealot, Thinker!! :D

The Christian forum is a huge forum. I was a member there (still am, I suppose) but it was too big for my liking.

It has undergone a few management changes in the last couple of years, so I am not sure what it is like now.
It certainly was not a forum with the specific intention of training Christians up to infiltrate Islamic forums!
Mostly it is a forum for Christians to discuss their beliefs, theological differences and all other matters of daily life. The 'other religions section' is only a small part.

I will send you a link if you are interested.

Peace

buddy1
04-15-2009, 09:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AntiKarateKid
Peace Buddy1

I have never made out to be a genius when it comes to islam, I dont think anyone can understand any relgion 100% no matter how hard they try! they are so intricut! there are people like woodrow, who are so well educated when it comes to islam, he has always advised me well, and spoken to me in a very calm manner to help me understand.

please remember im not muslim Im christened, but know far more about islam than i do christianity because i took more of an interest. the reply i left on that horrid excuse for a forum was simply stating a fact, ie, that i would choose this forum over any christian forum any day simply because i feel that christianity is "shoved in your face" far to much and it winds me up.

I appreciate your advice you have given, I am always open to more teachings, I find islam a facinating religion. My children are being brought up in an islamic way as their father is muslim. although Im not, i want to make sure my children get the best, hence one reason for me joining this forum.

:D :D :D

all the best

Woodrow
04-15-2009, 10:05 PM
There have been such people join as members. We have no reason to fear them. Rather they should be pitied. It is a sad commentary that a person feels a need to hide their true beliefs. How can they believe what they profess to believe when they do not feel secure enough to openly proclaim it?

This forum is open to all people. Nobody has ever been denied membership because they do not follow Islam. Nobody has ever been banned because of their beliefs, the bans have been because they violated forum rules. Which are actually very liberal for a religious based forum.

buddy1
04-15-2009, 10:09 PM
Woodrow, again you speak sense! :D

I wonder sometimes if you do anything but sit around a fountain of knowledge!!

when i registered on the chrisitian forum today all religions where on a drop down box for the registration forms, except for one and ill give you ten out of ten if you can guess which one?! well i couldnt see it anyway.......

Woodrow
04-15-2009, 10:50 PM
Woodrow, again you speak sense! :D

I wonder sometimes if you do anything but sit around a fountain of knowledge!!
Then again it might be simply because of my age. After nearly 70 years of wandering around on this planet, something was bound to sink in, even if by osmosis.

[QUOTE=buddy1;1124840]when i registered on the chrisitian forum today all religions where on a drop down box for the registration forms, except for one and ill give you ten out of ten if you can guess which one?! well i couldnt see it anyway.......[/QUOTE}

I have found that many Christian forums are not very Christian. I've been banned from several after being invited on to answer questions about Islam. Apparently, they did not like a Muslim's view of Islam and were hoping to have the stereotypical view verified.

Foxgarden
04-16-2009, 01:18 AM
What's sad is that somebody would actually have enough time on their hands to manage something like that. If they want to stay on the Christian forum they hey...great, by all means, by why attack an Islamic forum just for the sake of it? It certainly does not help their cause, and at best, only makes them look foolish and desperate.

buddy1
04-16-2009, 07:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Foxgarden
What's sad is that somebody would actually have enough time on their hands to manage something like that. If they want to stay on the Christian forum they hey...great, by all means, by why attack an Islamic forum just for the sake of it? It certainly does not help their cause, and at best, only makes them look foolish and desperate.
Agreed! well said!

woodrow, 70 years!? wow, no wonder your full of knowledge! im just thinking, my nan is 70, and she cant use a phone let alone a computer! you must be a super hero of some sort! :D

Danah
04-16-2009, 11:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Perhaps because we not only tolerate questions, we encourage them. We are taught to question all things and not to accept things on blind faith. Non Muslims on an Islamic forum do ask question we have not even thought of. When asked with respect and not as an accusation, we welcome such questions.
To be honest, that is one of the main reasons that keep me stay here. They really make me think about many things that never came to my mind before. Lead me to search and look for the answers, thus increase my iman(faith) when I find what I am looking for....so I do really respect many non-muslims here

aamirsaab
04-16-2009, 01:21 PM
To be fair, the rest of the folk posting on that thread don't actually agree with the idea at all. Most have said it is a stupid idea, the rest have said nothing in relation to the islamicboard attack but have spoken on the thread in relation to other points made. Which leads me to believe the guy (who started the thread) is a crack pot and not at all representative of that forum. Read his posts on that thread and you'll get a better view point of not only him but the other members/community.

~Taalibah~
04-16-2009, 01:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SAYA
I found this today by pure chance when I was looking for an information and it made me feel sick +o(

This is such a pathetic way to invite people to a specific religion.
If you have something to say, don't cover your head under the PMs, say it loudly if you are confident of your faith. Don't use such a twisted pathetic way

Its sad to know that we have such pathetic members who are pretending to be curios about something while they are not

I was very generous though to hide the username and the forum name as well
It happens yh.
Tsk reminds me of something similar that happened elsewhere.
May Allah Ta'aala save and secure our Imaan.

Woodrow
04-16-2009, 04:02 PM
Agreed! well said!

woodrow, 70 years!? wow, no wonder your full of knowledge! im just thinking, my nan is 70, and she cant use a phone let alone a computer! you must be a super hero of some sort! :D
Not quite 70 I will be 69 this July, I rounded off. But, I don't feel a day older then 112.

The reality is less than 2 years ago I was preparing to move into a full care nursing home. Allaah(swt) blessed me with a revitalization of my health and for the past year I have been more active then I was in my 30s. Even riding horses again and doing farm chores. Threatening to see if I can renew my pilots license. My wife is encouraging me on that. Still not certain I can pass the FAA physical, but Inshallah perhaps this year, when the weather gets better. She actually wants us to buy a plane as we travel so much it would save money in the long run.

glo
04-16-2009, 04:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
To be fair, the rest of the folk posting on that thread don't actually agree with the idea at all. Most have said it is a stupid idea, the rest have said nothing in relation to the islamicboard attack but have spoken on the thread in relation to other points made. Which leads me to believe the guy (who started the thread) is a crack pot and not at all representative of that forum. Read his posts on that thread and you'll get a better view point of not only him but the other members/community.
I really appreciate you giving such a balanced view and a wider picture.
Thank you, brother aamirsaab.

Salaam :)

glo
04-16-2009, 09:55 PM
when i registered on the chrisitian forum today all religions where on a drop down box for the registration forms, except for one and ill give you ten out of ten if you can guess which one?! well i couldnt see it anyway.......
I assume you mean Muslims?

I checked and you are mistaken, you will find Muslims on the drop-down list between Jehovah's Witnesses and Pagans. (Although you have to plough your way through uncounted Christian denominations first! :D)

In fairness, as far as 'having a certain religion shoved in your face' is concerned I think the Christian forum protect its faith identity in a similar way to this forum here.
Just as LI protects its Islamic stance by preventing non-Islamic influences which are deemed too great (by mod intervention, if necessary), so the CF does the same.
Just as LI's main aim is to offer a forum for people to learn and discuss about Islam, so CF does the same with Christianity.

As a Christian I have had to learn that if I want to remain a member here in LI, then I have to refrain from certain comments and statements.
I have often thought (and sometimes said) that I would love for LI to be open to real interfaith conversations. I have had to learn that that will simply not happen - it's not what LI is for!
I can accept it and stay, or not accept it and leave ...

Peace :)

Tony
04-16-2009, 10:04 PM
I understand What you mean Glo, I have two new Christian friends and our conversations are based on mutual respect ad intellectual debate, my faith is becoming firmer. It is very good to discuss belief and differences out loud, it becomes much clearer what we actually beleieve. They are very good people and have absolute faith in God and the trinity. I pray for them and they us, its refreshing to have discussion with no boundaries in what is said. Peace

glo
04-16-2009, 10:09 PM
^
That sounds amazing, TKTony!
I hope you all find a closer relationship with God in the process of talking with and praying for each other.

Peace :)

ATHEISTofPEACE
04-16-2009, 10:45 PM
I met up a member from CCC today. He and the rest of CCC are kind and respectable Christians. Not like the jerk who made that post. Talk about Christian faith, Islam, and science it was a lot of fun.

glo
04-16-2009, 10:47 PM
You and your abbreviations, AoP!! (Haha - see what I did there?? :D)

What is CCC?

(I have tried googling it, and it could be any of the following:
Cheat Code Central
Coral Cay Conservation
Corpus Christi College
Clyde Cruising Club
Chinese Comminuty Centre
Centre for Creative Communities)

ATHEISTofPEACE
04-16-2009, 11:59 PM
Sorry Glo dear, CCC is Campus Crusaders for Christ. A non donminational group for Christians on campus.

Grace Seeker
04-17-2009, 03:20 PM
What is one person's attack is another person's defense. We see that in the political world at large. Should we be surprised when we see it in religion as well?

Now, let me be clear, I think that the original post, found in www.christianforums.com by the OP, was wrong. But if your desire is to understand how/why someone might be motivated to do such a thing I will be glad to share where such a person might come from. And let us not think that Christians are the only ones to behave accordingly. Anywhere you have a prosleytizing religion you will find some for its adherents behaving this way.

Yanal
04-29-2009, 03:15 AM
New members can PM till 50 posts. I'm so glad we have that rule but that won't stop these hypocrites....

chacha_jalebi
04-29-2009, 02:51 PM
i think the thread has served its purpose,

do you differ in your thoughts? ring this number 999 or for america 911

:D

:threadclo

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.