/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The best? addons for firefox..

جوري
04-14-2009, 12:35 AM
I enjoy these few.. if you know of others that are useful pls share them too

Click here: Noia 2.0 (eXtreme) :: Firefox Add-ons

Pray Times! :: Firefox Add-ons

TV-FOX :: Firefox Add-ons

Cooliris :: Firefox Add-ons

1-ClickWeather :: Firefox Add-ons

Islamic Toolbar (by Waterloo M.S.A) ----- The Power Is At Your Fingertips ! :: Firefox Add-ons (experimental)

Click here: BetterPrivacy :: Firefox Add-ons

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
convert
04-14-2009, 12:59 AM
Flashblock
All-in-one Mouse Gestures
Nuke Anything Enhanced
StumbleUpon !!!!!!
AdBlock
BlockSite

Ali.
04-14-2009, 05:58 PM
Thanks for the prayer time add-on skye.. I never knew there was such add-on!

I have loads..

abcTajpu
Blocksite
Cooliris
Download Helper
Flagfox
Footiefox
Hyperwords
New Tab Button Position
Timetracker

جوري
04-14-2009, 06:05 PM
Jazakoum Allah khyran--
the prayer time is neat but make sure you set it on the correct setting, I went on for months not knowing they had umm ilqura, Isna etc and it was set on the shiite time, I was praying in all the wrong times and only found out during Ramadan because of break fast...

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ali.
04-14-2009, 06:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
Jazakoum Allah khyran--
the prayer time is neat but make sure you set it on the correct setting, I went on for months not knowing they had umm ilqura, Isna etc and it was set on the shiite time, I was praying in all the wrong times and only found out during Ramadan because of break fast...

Yeah I played with all the settings already.. thanks, though.

Is there a huge difference between Shi'a and Sunni prayer times?

جوري
04-14-2009, 06:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ali.
Yeah I played with all the settings already.. thanks, though.

Is there a huge difference between Shi'a and Sunni prayer times?
well-- for starters they only pray 3 times a day instead of five, but yeah the most important prayer times for (Ramadan) like fajr and maghrib were completely off, and I kept arguing with everyone like an idiot before I discovered it was on those ithani ashar thing.. .

can you tell I am not very computer savvy :offended:imsad

MuslimahBarb
04-14-2009, 06:13 PM

Thanks Sis for the links and for the info on the prayer time setting.

Ali.
04-14-2009, 06:14 PM
well-- for starters they only pray 3 times a day instead of five,
Where did you get that from? They pray 5 times a day.. I know some shia's and I am certain they pray 5 times a day.

but yeah the most important prayer times for (Ramadan) like fajr and maghrib were completely off, and I kept arguing with everyone like an idiot before I discovered it was on those ithani ashar thing.. .

can you tell I am not very computer savvy :offended:imsad

I see.

Lol ok.. Yeah I keep reading everywhere on the board you break your technical items quite frequently.. soo.. just be careful! lol

جوري
04-14-2009, 06:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ali.
Where did you get that from? They pray 5 times a day.. I know some shia's and I am certain they pray 5 times a day.
The shiites are divided into another 24 sects or more I believe and they vary from very close to sunni to some very deviant sects that go on so far as to worship Ali (a3ooth billa) so some of them pray only three times..and have some other odd practices with rocks and such..

I see.

Lol ok.. Yeah I keep reading everywhere on the board you break your technical items quite frequently.. soo.. just be careful! lol
I am trying really but in my defense it isn't just computers, I have also ruined dishwashers, washing machines and vaccum cleaners..:haha: I have some anecdotal stories on that which I shan't share in great details because I don't want people to think poorly of me.. but let's just say I had some pretty serious revenge on a furnished house where we were staying for a few months, and the landlord was a greedy *******, he kept charging fees here and there for no reasons, but I think I still walked away victorious all things considered.. can't wait until he turns on the washing machine to find the entire kitchen flooded.. ah I laugh so hard I cry every time I think of that ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

جوري
04-14-2009, 06:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MuslimahBarb

Thanks Sis for the links and for the info on the prayer time setting.

Baraka Allah feeki beloved sister. :smile:

Ali.
04-14-2009, 06:24 PM
The shiites are divided into another 24 sects or more I believe and they vary from very close to sunni to some very deviant sects that go on so far as to worship Ali (a3ooth billa) so some of them pray only three times..and have some other odd practices with rocks and such..
Oh..

I am trying really but in my defense it isn't just computers, I have also ruined dishwashers, washing machines and vaccum cleaners..:haha: I have some anecdotal stories on that which I shan't share in great details because I don't want people to think poorly of me.. but let's just say I had some pretty serious revenge on a furnished house where we were staying for a few months, and the landlord was a greedy *******, he kept charging fees here and there for no reasons, but I think I still walked away victorious all things considered.. can't wait until he turns on the washing machine to find the entire kitchen flooded.. ah I laugh so hard I cry every time I think of that ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Haha lol.. made me laugh quite hard.. it's the way you put things: "I walked away victorious".. "revenge" on a furnished house?! Poor house! I'm not even going to guess what is cencored about the landlord... :D

MuslimahBarb
04-14-2009, 06:46 PM

Ukhti...Left a mess for him to clean up, eh??;D

جوري
04-14-2009, 06:57 PM

Ukhti...Left a mess for him to clean up, eh??;D

I left him with amazing surprises as God is my witness.. I remember there was a door in the kitchen and the washing machine just flooded and flooded with this most unwholesome sound like it was about to explode so I opened it for the water to escape and the neighbors were curious, I was hoping they wouldn't rat me out, but given the small fire that took place in their backyard where we helped them, they kept their mouth good and shut.
Also it happened twice so I know it wasn't a fluke.. we did our laundry in the laundromat as it were the last weeks hahahaha ah man just thinking of this gets me teary eyed.. also I don't know where I got the idea to vacuum the wood staircase is it happened a some splinter ruined something for there was great smoke coming from the machine, wax over his precious pool table that he scrutinized in every way except the proper way and other things too but I'll say no more, I feel many sisters here won't want to invite me :X.. the stove was OK though because I never cooked :shade:

ah what fun days.. I remember in the airport as everyone was bummed over the large line to get back home, I sported a smile and the occasional psychotic chuckle on my plane seat until we landed.. and still.. it is the sort of thing that will probably bring me yrs of pleasure ;D ;D

Musaafirah
04-14-2009, 07:20 PM
Have you seen the new skins you can add to the firefox browser..
The persona thingy majiggy. Dunno if I'm late, but I think it's AWESOME!
:D
Sis Skye, You're one CRAZY dudette! :D

جوري
04-14-2009, 08:32 PM
I use NOIA, are there others?.. I am not crazy I am an acquired taste :X :D

MuslimahBarb
04-14-2009, 08:58 PM

:sl:

I downloaded NOIA earlier and rather like it. I am going to pass some of the links on to Br. Mustafa esp the prayer times one.

جوري
04-14-2009, 09:03 PM
:sl:

I downloaded NOIA earlier and rather like it. I am going to pass some of the links on to Br. Mustafa esp the prayer times one.

to change the theme for noia to dark you'll have to follow the instructions it took me quite a while to figure, but it can make the windows application rounded and it nice .. I also really like inspirat 2 from crystalxp can change windows to look more like vista ........:D

Musaafirah
04-14-2009, 09:09 PM

I meant crazy in a GOOD way, my kinda crazy kinda thing at what you did to your landlord, NOT regarding your taste or anything. :D
What's NOIA? Am I missing out?
Rah.

جوري
04-14-2009, 09:22 PM
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/72
transforms your windows to cool :shade:

Ali.
04-14-2009, 09:31 PM
NOIA is cool.

Occassionally I change the browser skin.. this is good aswell.

VizierX
04-16-2009, 08:47 AM
Lastpass is also highly recommended. I switched too Chrome but I still use firefox with lastpass to manage my passwords.

MuslimahBarb
04-21-2009, 06:03 PM
to change the theme for noia to dark you'll have to follow the instructions it took me quite a while to figure, but it can make the windows application rounded and it nice .. I also really like inspirat 2 from crystalxp can change windows to look more like vista ........:D

Assalamu Alaikum Sis

I am currently using the blue NOIA theme on firefox. :)
How neat to be to make your xp pc look like vista without having to buy it. :D

جوري
04-21-2009, 06:11 PM
I know.. masha'Allah
been having probs with my computer so I was just searching for addons and found this one

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/9609

supposed to get rid of the sites that are spying on you, I am not using my laptop but this one keeps having adds nonstop.. want to see if this works insha'Allah

MuslimahBarb
04-21-2009, 06:17 PM
I know.. masha'Allah
been having probs with my computer so I was just searching for addons and found this one

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/9609

supposed to get rid of the sites that are spying on you, I am not using my laptop but this one keeps having adds nonstop.. want to see if this works insha'Allah

Ads are most annoying especially since many times they slow down the loading of pages, I lose patience with it after awhile.

جوري
04-21-2009, 06:21 PM

Ads are most annoying especially since many times they slow down the loading of pages, I lose patience with it after awhile.

yeah me too, especially compounded by evangelists that visit LI :raging:

MuslimahBarb
04-21-2009, 06:27 PM
yeah me too, especially compounded by evangelists that visit LI :raging:

You and me both sis! That is another thing I have no patience for, I won't get into the the reasons for my lack of patience for them.

Danah
04-21-2009, 06:39 PM
sis Skye....the pray times one is amazing.... I just added it now
jazaki Allah khair sis

MuslimahBarb
04-21-2009, 06:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SAYA
sis Skye....the pray times one is amazing.... I just added it now
jazaki Allah khair sis

It is a nice add on to have, I installed it the day Sis Skye recommended it. I really like that you have the dountdown to next prayer option. I have the add-on in my status bar so I know when to wrap things up if I am doing something online.:statisfie

Danah
04-21-2009, 07:50 PM

It is a nice add on to have, I installed it the day Sis Skye recommended it. I really like that you have the dountdown to next prayer option. I have the add-on in my status bar so I know when to wrap things up if I am doing something online.:statisfie
yup, especially for doing something online "since I am an internet maniac lol"....its very effective if I am in the Uni. In home there is no problem since I hear the Athan clearly alhumdulilah

MuslimahBarb
04-22-2009, 12:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SAYA
yup, especially for doing something online "since I am an internet maniac lol"....its very effective if I am in the Uni. In home there is no problem since I hear the Athan clearly alhumdulilah
Ya know that is something I would love to have the experience of insha'Allah, hearing the Athan call somewhere besides inside my home. We have an Athan clock and an Athan program on our pc. Sis I have a fondness for the internet as well. It is due to the internet that I have come across some wonderful sisters, alhamdulillah.

جوري
04-22-2009, 02:51 AM
Love comics?

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/9389

Yanal
04-22-2009, 02:55 AM
Whats this for? Firefox and what about it?

جوري
04-22-2009, 02:56 AM
:skeleton: humna humna

Yanal
04-22-2009, 03:00 AM
Is that a secret bump?*looks around for the report button and fails to find it* really what's this about?

جوري
04-22-2009, 03:02 AM
Just addons akhi which I think others might like or for others to share just the same.. it is self-explanatory once you click on the links :D

Yanal
04-22-2009, 03:12 AM
But are they only available for firefox Internet users?

Najm
04-22-2009, 03:12 AM
AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

That pray add on, is a work of genius.

JazakiAllah Khair!

FiAmaaniAllah

جوري
04-22-2009, 03:21 AM
^^ Jazaki Allah khyran

Yanal- You must browse and see if they are offered through other internet providers insha'Allah..

Yanal
04-22-2009, 03:25 AM
That means you made it? Ok I'll see.

Forced_In
05-01-2009, 08:13 PM
salaam

I recommend :

- NoScript; Allows scripts ( small web programs ) from trusted sites only. Note
that scripts can do many things to your computer. Amongst what they can do
is obtaining your sensitive data, only to mention an example.

- Adblock Plus; You can block annoying ads as well as haraam images. Just
Right click on the image, select "Adblock image", then use custom choice and
click Ok. IIUC it has a list of pre-configured patterns and sites of ads.

Notice : For any FireFox add-ons just use www_mozilla_org site. Use search
facility built in the site or in the browser. Do NOT download any add-ons
outside the mozilla site.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.