/* */

PDA

View Full Version : water usage in wudu !!!!

xoxox
04-14-2009, 07:56 AM
how much litres water are we allowed to use in wudu

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aadil77
04-14-2009, 07:42 PM
There isn't any specific requirement, but by thinking of the needy we shouldn't be wasting too much water

'Abd-al Latif
04-14-2009, 07:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
There isn't any specific requirement, but by thinking of the needy we shouldn't be wasting too much water
Yes there is.

For wudu the amount of water one is permitted to use is one Madd.

A Mudd is a standard measure that equals 543 grams. This is proven in the Hadeeth in Al Bukhari and Muslim. If I remember correctly, one madd is about two hand fulls of water. Allah knows best. It should also be noted that it is prohibited to waste water.

It is reported that the Prophet (pbuh) once saw Sa'd performing wudu and he (pbuh) said to him:

"Why are you wasting all this water?" Sa'd said "Is there wastefulness even in perorming ablution?" The Prophet (pbuh) said "Yes, even if you were performing it from a river of running water". [Ahmed (7025) [2/291] and Ibn Majah (425) [1/254]]

For ghusl one is permitted five madds [as proven in Al Bukhari #201 [1/398] and Muslim #735 [2/223]]

burdenofbeing
04-14-2009, 08:00 PM
so should taking a shower make me feel guilty?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
'Abd-al Latif
04-14-2009, 08:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by burdenofbeing
so should taking a shower make me feel guilty?
Why do you say that?

nebula
04-15-2009, 12:18 AM
is it a sinn to use extra water bro? because i think i use to much, inshallah ill try cutting down. thanks for that hadeeth

alcurad
04-15-2009, 12:26 AM
thanks for the reference brother abd-al latif, though we should bear in mind that a madd was what the prophet used, what was enough for him might not be enough for someone else.
in other words,use as much as you need, just don't waste.

burdenofbeing
04-15-2009, 12:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif
Why do you say that?
well, because it's impossible to take a shower with that little amount of water.

Najm
04-15-2009, 12:28 AM
AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

SubhaanAllah!!

And you learn something everyday. Alhadulillah!!

FiAmaaniAllah

jatagan
04-17-2009, 12:03 PM
Mashallah, this is a very useful information because i didn´t know about these limits.

GreyKode
04-17-2009, 12:17 PM
The hadith basically advices not be wasteful when using water, some people while performing ablution just keep the taps running excessively while in between steps, this is discouraged.

aadil77
04-17-2009, 08:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif
Yes there is.
Ok sorry my bad, I've never been taught this at madressa so assumed it didn't exist

jatagan
04-17-2009, 08:20 PM
Salamu Aleykum! I´m a muslim rookie so my question may sounds little bit funny but... I´d like to ask if there is any possibillity to take a shower instead of performing a whole wudu. The reason why I ask is that I don´t know what´s more important if it´s a tradition and ritual or a "raw cleaning effect".

Strzelecki
04-18-2009, 04:21 AM
We should be saving water where possible.
Don't leave the tap running. Ever.

GreyKode
04-18-2009, 04:28 AM
@jatagan, yes taking a shower anytime exempts you from wudhu with the condition that water must pass all over your body, head, arms, feet.

xoxox
04-18-2009, 04:31 AM
yea there is a other way of doing wudu and its ghusl (having a shower) and the other is if there is no water you do tayummum.

Step-by-step Wudu:
Visual: www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaKb2zX1QBs

Written:
1. First make Niyyah (Intention) that you are making Wudu' for Salah and begin saying. "Bismillah.." (In the name of Allah, the most merciful and the most kind). Wash both hands up to the wrist three times, making sure that water has reached between the fingers.

2. Put a handful of water into your mouth and rinse it thoroughly three times

3, 4 Sniff water into your nostrils three times to clean them and then wash the tip of the nose.

5,6 Wash your face three times from right ear to left ear and from forehead to throat.

7. Wash your right arm and then your left arm thoroughly from wrist up to elbow three times.
8 a & b) Move the wet palms over the head from the top of forehead to the back of the head.

9) Pass the wet tips of index fingers into the grooves and holes of both ears and also pass the wet thumbs behind the ears

10. Finally, wash both feet to the ankles starting from the right, making sure that water has reached between the toes and all other parts of the feet.

At the end of the above steps recite:
"Ash-hadu an la ilaha illal lahu wa ash-hadu anna Muammadan 'abduhu wa rasuluh."
Meaning: I testify that there is no god but Allah and He is One and has no partner and I also testify that Muhammad is His servant and messenger. [/LIST]http://www.islamawareness.net/Wudu/performing.html

Procedure for performing Ghusl:

Wash both hands up to and including wrists.

Wash the private parts. The hands and private parts should be washed even if one is not in the state of Janabat or Najasat.

If there is Najasat elsewhere on the body, it should now be washed off.

Perform Wudhu. If making Ghusl on a stool or platform where water will rapidly flow away, and then perform the complete Wudhu. If there is fear of the feet being immersed in wastewater during the Ghusl then postpone the washing of the feet to the end of the Ghusl. Ensure that the mouth and nostrils are thoroughly rinsed thrice.

After performing Wudhu, pour water over the head thrice, then pour thrice over right shoulder and thrice again over left shoulder. Now pour water over entire body and rub. If the hair of the head is not plaited, it is compulsory to wet all the hair up to the very base. If a single hair is left dry, Ghusl will not be valid. If the hair of a woman is plaited, she is excused from loosening her plaited hair, but it is compulsory for her to wet the base of each and every hair. If one fails to do this then the Ghusl will not be valid. As for men who grow long hair and plait them, they are NOT excused from leaving their hair dry. If a woman experiences difficulty or is unable to wet the very bottom of her plaited hair, then it is necessary for her to unplaite her hair and wash her entire head. It is Mustahab (preferable) to clean the body by rubbing it. All parts of the body should be rubbed with the hand so as to ensure that water has reached all parts of the body, and that no portion is left dry. Rings and earrings, etc. should be moved so as to ensure that no portion covered by them is left dry. Ensure that the navel and the ears are all wetted. If they are not wet Ghusl will be incomplete.

On completion one should confine oneself to a clean place. If, while performing Wudhu, the feet had been washed, it is not necessary to wash them again. Dry the body with a clean towel, and dress as hastily as possible.

Performind Tayammum
Tayammum can be performed under the following circumstances:

When there is no water.
When there is a shortage of water (and using the water present may cause problems).
When a source of water is very far away, or it is dangerous to visit the place where water is located.
When a person is suffering from an illness that will be worsened by the use of water.
When a prayer is (unintentionally) delayed and performing Wudu or Ghusl will result in a Qadha (i.e. the time of the prayer will be over.)

Please remember that Tayammum is not valid if there is no hindrance in the way of performing Wudu and Ghusl. All the things that invalidate Wudu, invalidate Tayammum, too.

Step 1:
Find clean earth. Find a place where there is soil, sand or rock. Make sure that this place is clean and entirely free of all najasah (things which make one ritually unclean).

Step 2:
Make the intention. Before performing Tayammum, it is necessary to make its intention (niyyat) in your heart. You should mentally prepare yourself for the performance of an act of purification.

Step 3:
Say Bismillah. Recite bismi-llāhi ar-raḥmāni ar-raḥīmi (In the name of Allah, the most Gracious, the most Merciful).

Step 4:
Strike your hands on the ground. This act will most likely lift some dust. Brush it off and gently rub your face with your hands, beginning (as in Wudu) from the hairline to where the facial hair starts, and from the lobe of one ear to that of the other.

Step 5:
Strike your hands on the ground again. Brush off the dust and intertwine the fingers of both hands. Using your left hand, rub your right arm from the fingertips up to the elbow, and back along the inner arm to the fingertips. Repeat this for your left arm.
http://www.howtodothings.com/religio...m-dry-ablution

IF ANYTHING I HAVE WRITTEN ANYTHING THAT IS WRONG PLEASE CORRECT!!!

Najm
05-03-2009, 06:13 PM

Would i be able to do wudu, if i have hair products on my hair i.e. gel/wax. Also what if i have face/body moisterisor (which has alcohol)?

Will i have to wash them all off before i do wudu?

FiAmaaniAllah

Yanal
05-03-2009, 06:21 PM
:sl:
So you mean during Ghusl,you can't take extra water for washing your hair.....?

Najm
05-03-2009, 06:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Jr
So you mean during Ghusl,you can't take extra water for washing your hair.....?

Come Yanneee, read my question, and think, think about it, take your time plzzzzzzzzzzz . And when you read then reply. :-[:-[:-[

I am talking about Wudu!!!

FiAmaaniAllah

Yanal
05-03-2009, 09:12 PM
Im not asking you.....Asking anyone......

Yanal
05-04-2009, 01:09 AM
IS YOUR GHUSL CORRECT?
From The Waterval Islamic Institute
CHECK THESE FACTS: ALL YOUR PRAYERS ARE INVALID IF YOUR GHUSL IS NOT CORRECT. CLEANLINESS IS HALF OF FAITH. HERE IS THE METHOD OF GHUSL ACCORDING TO SUNNAH.
Before making Ghusl one should make Niyyah (intention) thus: - "I am performing Ghusl so as to become Paak." Without Niyyah, there is no Thawaab (reward) although Ghusl will be valid. Ghusl should be made in a place of total privacy and one should not face towards the Kiblah while making Ghusl. Ghusl may be performed standing or seated, preferably seated. Use sufficient water, don't skimp nor be wasteful. One should abstain from speaking while performing Ghusl. It is better not to read any Kalimah or Aayah while bathing. Be aware of these rules whilst making Ghusl.

PROCEDURE FOR PERFORMING GHUSL:

• Wash both hands up to and including wrists.

• Wash the private parts. The hands and private parts should be washed even if one is not in the state of Janaabat or Najaasat.

• If there is Najaasat elsewhere on the body, it should now be washed off.

• Perform Wudhu (Read separate pamphlet for Wudhu according to Sunnah). If making Ghusl on a stool or platform where water will rapidly flow away, and then perform the complete Wudhu. If there is fear of the feet being immersed in wastewater during the Ghusl then postpone the washing of the feet to the end of the Ghusl. Ensure that the mouth and nostrils are thoroughly rinsed thrice.

• After performing Wudhu, pour water over the head thrice, then pour thrice over right shoulder and thrice again over left shoulder. Now pour water over entire body and rub. If the hair of the head is not plaited, it is compulsory to wet all the hair up to the very base. If a single hair is left dry, Ghusl will not be valid. If the hair of a woman is plaited, she is excused from loosening her plaited hair, but it is compulsory for her to wet the base of each and every hair. If one fails to do this then the Ghusl will not be valid. As for men who grow long hair and plait them, they are NOT excused from leaving their hair dry. If a woman experiences difficulty or is unable to wet the very bottom of her plaited hair, then it is necessary for her to unplaite her hair and wash her entire head. It is Mustahab (preferable) to clean the body by rubbing it. All parts of the body should be rubbed with the hand so as to ensure that water has reached all parts of the body, and that no portion is left dry. Rings and earrings, etc. should be moved so as to ensure that no portion covered by them is left dry. Ensure that the navel and the ears are all wetted. If they are not wet Ghusl will be incomplete.

• On completion one should confine oneself to a clean place. If, while performing Wudhu, the feet had been washed, it is not necessary to wash them again. Dry the body with a clean towel, and dress as hastily as possible.

If, after Ghusl, one recalls that a certain portion of the body is left dry, it is not necessary to repeat the Ghusl, but merely wash the dry portion. It is not sufficient to pass a wet hand over the dry place. If one has forgotten to rinse the mouth or the nostrils, these too could be rinsed when recalled after Ghusl has been performed.

The three Faraa'ids (compulsory acts) of Ghusl are: -
  • To rinse the mouth in such a manner that water reaches the entire mouth.
  • To rinse the nostrils up to the ending of the fleshy part.
  • To completely wet the whole body. When one performs these Faraa'id intentionally or unintentionally Ghusl will be valid.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.