/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Which is the most beneficial language?

*charisma*
04-14-2009, 11:39 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

In your opinion, what language is a good language to know (excluding arabic, spanish, and english) for some beneficial reason/purpose, and state that reason.

I'm asking because I've decided to learn another language, I'm just wondering which one would be best to learn.

Edit: I live in the states but I don't plan on living here forever, but I love languages and it opens a massive communication portal which is why I'm interested in learning a new one.

Fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
convert
04-14-2009, 12:26 PM
Esperanto. There is/has been a movement to make it a global "second language" for some time now. Perhaps Mandarin Chinese as well.

ardianto
04-14-2009, 02:12 PM
How about French ?
There many people in Africa, Asia or even in Canada (Quebec) who speaks French.

*charisma*
04-14-2009, 03:26 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

format_quote Originally Posted by convert
Esperanto. There is/has been a movement to make it a global "second language" for some time now. Perhaps Mandarin Chinese as well.
Esperanto? Where is it used at? Honestly I've never heard of the language before. Is it any similar to latin? I've taken a year of latin...

Chinese all in itself would be a challenge, but I suppose it'd be fun to learn :D.

format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
How about French ?
I did consider learning French, it's easy enough to teach myself as well since the letters are the same english letters. It's a business language :D.

jazakum allahu khair for your replies

fi aman allah
wa'alaikum asalaam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
burdenofbeing
04-14-2009, 03:50 PM
Chinese, for the sheer amount of people who speak chinese. Also many chinese people don't speak english, and speaking chinese is the only way to actually communicate with them.

convert
04-14-2009, 03:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Assalamu Alaikum
Esperanto? Where is it used at? Honestly I've never heard of the language before. Is it any similar to latin? I've taken a year of latin...
wa alaikum as-salaam wa rahmatullah:

It isn't an official language anywhere, it was constructed solely as a "universal second language". It is an amalgam of many different languages.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esperanto

Ali.
04-14-2009, 06:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
How about French ?
I agree here..

But beneficial may've been a bad term to use.. what do you intend to do with the language.. travel? Business?

edit: Oh.. it seems you want to move in the future.

Güven
04-14-2009, 06:55 PM
Japanese :D

ayesha309
04-15-2009, 09:24 PM
Farsi, the language sounds cool

Amadeus85
04-15-2009, 09:30 PM
Spanish, arabic, chinese, russian.

Whatsthepoint
04-15-2009, 09:31 PM
Russki!

Forced_In
04-15-2009, 09:58 PM
assalam

Hmm ; It seems that the plan for the rest of your life is set if you want to follow all these advices. :)

wassalam

chacha_jalebi
04-15-2009, 11:27 PM
Panjabi:D

One language to learn is sign language it's kool, but like gotta be careful with sign lingo, especially in the states, like you Might make a sign and get mistaken for a gang sign! Then you will be in trub:p

But learn panjabi sister:D it's propa kooool

*charisma*
04-16-2009, 02:04 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

format_quote Originally Posted by burdenofbeing
Chinese, for the sheer amount of people who speak chinese. Also many chinese people don't speak english, and speaking chinese is the only way to actually communicate with them.
If I learn chinese, I seriously will be some sort of walking miracle! You are right though, there's a massive population in China and it would be nice to know. Hmm, I'm going to try it inshallah :D

format_quote Originally Posted by convert
wa alaikum as-salaam wa rahmatullah:

It isn't an official language anywhere, it was constructed solely as a "universal second language". It is an amalgam of many different languages.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esperanto
It reminds me so much of Latin, but opposite, like rather than pieces of the language being implemented into another language, its a lot of other languages put together to make one language..if that makes sense lol. I don't see it as a language that is as popular as it sounds, I could be mistaken though due to my ignorance of the language. It seems really easy to learn though because of its similarity to other languages.

format_quote Originally Posted by Ali.
I agree here..

But beneficial may've been a bad term to use.. what do you intend to do with the language.. travel? Business?

edit: Oh.. it seems you want to move in the future.
I would like to do some traveling someday inshallah, and it'd be nice to learn the most widely spoken languages just to be able to communicate in some form and spread and gain knowledge bi'idhnillah.

format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
Japanese :D
Why japanese?

format_quote Originally Posted by ayesha309
Farsi, the language sounds cool
I don't think I'll be going to Iran :X

format_quote Originally Posted by Amadeus85
Spanish, arabic, chinese, russian.
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
Russki!
Why russian? :D

format_quote Originally Posted by Forced_In
assalam

Hmm ; It seems that the plan for the rest of your life is set if you want to follow all these advices. :)

wassalam
Hahahaha, I know right. It'd be really awesome to be fluent in every language...I've heard of people knowing like 14 languages..jealousy :cry:

format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
Panjabi:D

One language to learn is sign language it's kool, but like gotta be careful with sign lingo, especially in the states, like you Might make a sign and get mistaken for a gang sign! Then you will be in trub:p

But learn panjabi sister:D it's propa kooool
Yeh I want to learn sign language, definitely.

Is Punjabi similar to Urdu?

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.