/* */

PDA

View Full Version : just a little help please very confused!

no1
04-14-2009, 11:46 PM
assalamualaykum

i am in a dillemma i know i am a bad person but i want to turn good again and this is very hard.
i can only do it in steps and i want to rectify two things but dont know which one to stop first!
i gamble and i smoke marijuana. i know i am really wrong but i can only stop one first and then work my way to stopping the other!
i need help on choosing which one to stop first.

i know in islam a sin is a sin no matter what, but one of these must be worse then the other! i really need help on choosing which one to stop first!

jazakallah brothers and sisters for atleast reading

(my view is to stop gambling first but i do not know if i am right or not)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd-al Latif
04-15-2009, 09:07 PM
If you must choose one as a stepping stone, choose gambling. Gambeling is one of the major sins and is much worse then smoking marijuana.

Ali.
04-15-2009, 09:18 PM
Wa 'alaykum assalam,

Masha'Allah, well done bro'! Congratulations on realising what you are (insha'Allah in the future, were) doing is wrong. Your stepping stone thinking is also really cool. :)

Now, to the question..

I think it's up to you, I think as long as you eventually quit both gambling and smoking marijuana, then it may not matter what order you quit them in. If you quit gambling first you may save money. But it's up to you.

Keep us updated!

:)

Güven
04-15-2009, 09:27 PM
gambling is a tough one, so Its better to begin with gambling.

you can easily stop with marijuana if you have enough motivation.

plus you wont have that stress feeling anymore whenever you waste all that money ,
so that means you wont be easily getting into marijuana (to lose that stress) and that would make things easier.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Forced_In
04-15-2009, 09:52 PM
assalam

My opinion is that with the help of people here find some halaal hobbies to replace
those. For example some online game or something similar as a replacement of gamb1ing
and chewing for a replacement for smoking and so on.

wassalam

no1
04-16-2009, 01:34 AM
jazakallah for the reply
i guess gambling has to go i have a spare £20 so that is going to be my last whatever happens from that happens!

i dont smoke much marijuana, i probably spend £20 a month at the maximum! so thats ok. i just love the high you get off it and i dont know how i would replace that!

gambling is going to be real hard to let go of but i know i have people on here to support me

ATHEISTofPEACE
04-16-2009, 02:02 AM
Heya man I spent about 5 years as a stonner. I was addicted. (yes it can be addicting) I just got over it. So if I can ever help you out or if you just want some one to talk to about it hit me up.

You can find me anywhere on the interwebz. "No man I can't smoke today I have to go post on some forums". lol

Peace
Mick

ATHEISTofPEACE
04-16-2009, 02:05 AM
I also agree gambeling worse then token up.

YusufNoor
04-16-2009, 02:13 AM
:sl:

i can beat ATHEISTofPEACE by more than a decade, so you are not alone!

i would DEFINITELY quit the weed 1st! mostly cuz it will have an effect on you Salah, and it can take some time getting used to!

what to do instead, learn your Religion! i bet [oops :-[] that you have no idea how much beauty and wisdom there is in Islam!

here's some stuff i always recommend:

Bilal Philips official website. the link is for the video download section. you can download or stream them. way down at the bottom, there is a set of lectures titled "Foundations of Islamic Studies," it's 21 parts and about 18 hours but has a wealth of information:

http://www.bilalphilips.com/bilal_pa...sk=view&id=288

a 28 part course on Al Fatihah taught by Jamaaluddin Zarabozo which has amazing insights into the Islamic Faith, as well as teaching the significance of the" Opening" of the Qur'an which we repeat at least 17 times a day. i can't recommend this enough:

http://www.kalamullah.com/al-fatihah.html

a Brother named Bashar Shala does some fantastic lectures on the Seerah of the Messenger of Allah, as well as other aspects of Islamic History:

http://www.pleasantviewschool.com/me...rophet%20(pbuh)

you need to know the Seerah (life of the Messenger of Allah) to help you understand the Qur'an as well as our Deen. Mufti Ismail Menk does a Tafseer of the Qur'an every year after Taraweeh. in his 2005 Reasons of Revelations of the verses of the Qur'an, you will hear MANY of the events that actually caused certain verses of the Qur'an to be revealed. the other Tafseers, Social Conduct and the General Lectures 1 & 2 contain much valuable information, especially check out:

Muslim Women! Are they Oppressed?
Hopes in Your Aspirations for Jannah
Examinations of Sabr...Pass or Fail
Salaah
and
Abdud Dunyaa (Slave of the World)
Interfaith Relationship (Voice of the Cape)
Story of Moosa (Alaihis Salaam)
Recognise the Greatness of Your Creator

here's the download page for his work:

http://www.muftimenk.co.za/Downloads.html

and listen to some Qur'an in Arabic and English here:

http://www.kalamullah.com/noble-quran.html

most folks really enjoy that one, but THIS is new, and awesome [the Arabic]:

http://www.kalamullah.com/abdulbasit.html

if you dedicate yourself to building a foundation for your knowledge, i'm guessing that gambling will lose it's luster. in fact, i'll bet you on it! j/k!

May Allah guide you and strengthen you.

ATHEISTofPEACE
04-16-2009, 02:28 AM
You think your decade beats me? :rollseyesI am closer to his age which makes my experiance more relavant.:bump1:
i hope you both know that it does not matter.

* will think of something cooler to do*

haha

Peace
Mick

Why do you think weed is worse?

YusufNoor
04-16-2009, 02:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ATHEISTofPEACE
You think your decade beats me?

no, i said a decade MORE than you!

:rollseyesI am closer to his age which makes my experiance more relavant.:bump1:

but i'm closer to retirement!

i hope you both know that it does not matter.

* will think of something cooler to do*

haha

Peace
Mick

Why do you think weed is worse?
:sl:

weed affects your mind. it darkens your heat. it can effect you prayers!

[which is what i wrote in the 1st place! :blind:]

i CAN see, no one agrees with me!:?

quitting the weed will help, In Sha'a Allah, open your heart to the Religion. THAT will in turn , In Sha'a Allah, help you quit gambling.

:w:

جوري
04-16-2009, 03:21 AM
drop 'em both at the same time...

ATHEISTofPEACE
04-16-2009, 04:12 AM
Weed darkens your heart? Then explain stonner hippies. Besides more crime and theft would/could come from gamabeling.

Woodrow
04-16-2009, 04:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye

that is the most logical and best approach. Both addictions are halves of one dependancy and dependent upon the other. to give up either is going to intensify the desire for the other.

I usually advice people to only try quitting one addiction at a time. However, gambling and marijuana smoking become entwined and each dependency magnifies the intensity of the other. to successfully quit either, both need to be stopped at the same time.

ATHEISTofPEACE
04-16-2009, 04:46 AM
Roll a bunch of joints. EveryTime you want to smoke, snap one in half saying "I submit to Allah and not you, my addiction is broken," Then dispose of it. Repeat. This is also a great way to quite cigs.

Hope that helps.

Woodrow
04-16-2009, 05:05 AM
Roll a bunch of joints. EveryTime you want to smoke, snap one in half saying "I submit to Allah and not you, my addiction is broken," Then dispose of it. Repeat. This is also a great way to quite cigs.

Hope that helps.
That could be very effective and should work for most people. Especially if a person sincerly believes in Allaah(swt) and reflects carefully on his/her words.

ATHEISTofPEACE
04-16-2009, 05:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
That could be very effective and should work for most people. Especially if a person sincerly believes in Allaah(swt) and reflects carefully on his/her words.
Woodrow you know I added the part about Allah in for that reason. I have to admit that it actualy works better with that part in it. For psychological reasonings, if you beilive. I did " You have no power over me, my addiction is broken" then snap. I had to focuse more on the breaking and the lose. Adding the bit about Allah in allows you to focus on posotives and not on the weed. As a beiliver in Allah you do submit and this makes it probably like a prayer.

coddles76
04-16-2009, 05:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye

I couldn't of said it better myself. I agree whole heartedly. If you have the will power to drop one of them then I would say you have the will power to drop both at once. If your sincere in your desire to lead a more spiritual life then dropping both of these habits should be a easy step. Dropping one and leaving the other is going to be an even harder process and may tempt you into acting upon it again. Be true to yourself, Ask yourself what you want from your life and try to convince your mind that these 2 actions will never allow you to attain success in this life or the hereafter. Drop both actions and start fresh striving really hard to revert back to Allah SWT and do something to please him so that he may return something pleasurable to you.
I pray that Allah SWT will give you the strength to lead your life into a more lighter day

ATHEISTofPEACE
04-16-2009, 05:22 AM
Better then the 12 step program set up by Christians.

north_malaysian
04-16-2009, 05:30 AM
How to stop gambling? Play computer games...

How to stop taking marijuana? Eat lots of yummy food...

ATHEISTofPEACE
04-16-2009, 05:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
How to stop gambling? Play computer games...

How to stop taking marijuana? Eat lots of yummy food...
Be careful not to trade one addiction for another. Or one unhealthy habit for a nother. Sorry I do not think this is the best curse of action. Nor is it the worse.

Snowflake
04-16-2009, 10:26 AM
Good advice so far. It's going to be difficult to drop both habits together or even one at a time unless you find something else to occupy your mind and body. The biggest block to all sins is Salah. Learn the deen and start fulfilling your duties as a muslim and make lots of dua to Allah to help you in everything. Not only will you get a buzz that lifts your heart mind and soul but Allah will help you to get rid of your bad habits inshaAllah.

Oh, and seek the company of good practicing muslims who will have a good influence on you and discourage you from forbidden things.

no1
04-16-2009, 11:45 PM
hmm ok thanks guys you are getting through to me now... gambling has stopped now for good (few thank god lol)
and now the weed... what does a plant have that makes it bad in islam (TEACH ME!!! lol) i am going to find it hard to fight 2 addictions so thats a BIG doubt. 1 step at a time you dont tell a baby to run before they can walk!
i think im going to have to think further into weed cuz the high is just soo good and then again im going uni next year so...u know!
for me it is hard to find "good practicing muslims" because ive never been religious and i have never been non religious ive always been in the middle so i dont know many people like that. surrounding me are all sorts of people some good and some bad
i think i am going to have to stop the bad habbits and just get on track again and just be normal then try again to slowly repair myself with my religion.

please help on the weed issue i want to learn

FatimaAsSideqah
04-16-2009, 11:50 PM
Salaam.

Gambling addiction is silent and self destructive until the compulsive gambler wakes up and realizes this is not how they want to live their lives. A change is in order. It’s now time to find a solution in order to stop their addiction.

All of these compulsive gamblers expected that they would gamble for the rest of their life. So I think it would be best to beat the gambling first. But it is better to do stepping stone.

FatimaAsSideqah
04-16-2009, 11:53 PM
Also, I have some of tips for marijuana. Take hot baths for the reason they can alleviate anxiety, slow down muscles, may help with headaches and have a propensity to relax you, making it easier to go to sleep and drink a lot of fluids; keep your strength up from the sweats. Some people declare that cranberry juice helps them a lot for the reason it's naturally detoxifying. And also do lots of exercise if it is possible.

insha'Allah this will help you!

no1
04-17-2009, 12:24 AM
sis i smoke weed for the high not the relaxation!
thanks though

i want to learn why weed is bad for you in islam because it is a plant!

FatimaAsSideqah
04-17-2009, 12:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by no1
sis i smoke weed for the high not the relaxation!
thanks though

i want to learn why weed is bad for you in islam because it is a plant!
Ok brother.

Drugs such as marijuana, cocaine, opium, etc are all unlawful (haram) due to the various harms connected with them. Marijuana intoxicates a person the same way alcohol does. It weakens ones senses and the capability to reflect.

The Messenger of Allah Taala (PBUH) said: Every intoxicant is prohibited. (Sahih al-Bukhari, no. 4088)

ATHEISTofPEACE
04-17-2009, 12:32 AM
You will need to continue to reaffirm your desire to quite and that you want weed out of your life. Like

Hope that helps.
This keeps putting it in your mind that you are over weed and want it out of your life. Other things like this could work.

no1
04-17-2009, 12:51 AM
i dont think i could really do that LOL seems difficult to the pocket

and intoxicant hmm cool i never knew that. but i still dont see how it is an intoxicant i still see it as a plant! i know it seems like i am arguing for no reason but im just asking questions i would useually ask

thanks

alcurad
04-17-2009, 01:00 AM
it's an intoxicating plant. if it has similar/worse affects than alcohol then it is as forbidden.
dulled capacity for judgment and the addiction, not to add in the long term neurological damage, it's a no-brainer really.
just because it feels good is no reason to keep doing it if it harms you as well.
anyway pain & pleasure are the same, only pain is too much pleasure-stimulation-.

no1
04-17-2009, 01:03 AM
its no way near got the same effects as alchohol no where near
and if i wanted to i could control the high of the plant so there is some control over it!

ATHEISTofPEACE
04-17-2009, 01:04 AM
Then replace the join with some that would represent the weed to you. Make a representation of the weed and its addiction on you break it while saying something like I suggested then discard it. Repeat.

Need help with a replacement for an actual joint?

no1
04-17-2009, 01:06 AM
yes i do need help lol

and it is shown weed does not harm you its harmless and i cant kill you also!

north_malaysian
04-17-2009, 01:18 AM
Be careful not to trade one addiction for another. Or one unhealthy habit for a nother. Sorry I do not think this is the best curse of action. Nor is it the worse.
someone told me that you can only stop an addiction by replacing it with another addiction...

ATHEISTofPEACE
04-17-2009, 02:04 AM
You can beat anj addiction with our replacing it.

أبو سليمان عمر
04-17-2009, 02:19 AM
assalamualaykum

i am in a dillemma i know i am a bad person but i want to turn good again and this is very hard.
i can only do it in steps and i want to rectify two things but dont know which one to stop first!
i gamble and i smoke marijuana. i know i am really wrong but i can only stop one first and then work my way to stopping the other!
i need help on choosing which one to stop first.

i know in islam a sin is a sin no matter what, but one of these must be worse then the other! i really need help on choosing which one to stop first!

jazakallah brothers and sisters for atleast reading

(my view is to stop gambling first but i do not know if i am right or not)
Akhi May Allah forgive us for our sin!!! Ameen
Inshallah you can quit both and fast but if you had to pick on first i would say Gambling because >>>>>
Praise be to Allaah.

Gambling is haraam because Allaah has forbidden it, and He rules as He wills. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“O you who believe! Intoxicants (all kinds of alcoholic drinks), gambling, al-Ansaab [sacrifices for idols, etc.] and al-Azlaam [arrows for seeking luck or decision] are an abomination of Shaytaan’s handiwork. So avoid (strictly all) that (abomination) in order that you may be successful.

Shaytaan wants only to excite enmity and hatred between you with intoxicants (alcoholic drink) and gambling, and hinder you from the remembrance of Allaah and from al-salaat (the prayer). So, will you not then abstain?”[al-Maa’idah 5:90-91]

With regard to the wisdom behind this prohibition, any wise person will see that there are many reasons for it, including the following:

Gambling makes a person rely on accidents, luck and wishful thinking for his earnings, instead of hard work, the sweat of his brow and paying respect to the ways prescribed by Allaah.

Gambling destroys families and causes the loss of wealth through haraam means. It makes rich families poor and humiliates proud souls.

Gambling results in enmity and hatred among the players, because they are consuming one another’s wealth unlawfully and getting wealth unlawfully.

Gambling turns people away from the remembrance of Allaah and from prayer, and pushes the players to have the worst of attitudes and habits.

Gambling is a sinful hobby that wastes time and effort, and makes people get used to laziness and idleness. It stops the ummah from working and producing.

Gambling pushes people to commit crimes because the one who is penniless wants to get hold of money in any way he can, even if he has to steal it or take it by force, or through accepting bribes and cheating.

Gambling causes stress, illness and nervous breakdowns. It breeds hatred and in most cases leads to crime, suicide, insanity and chronic illness.

Gambling pushes the gambler to bad behaviour such as drinking alcohol and taking drugs. The atmosphere in which gambling takes place is dimly lit and filled with cigarette smoke; people talk in hushed voices and whispers, and sneak in and out as if they are up to no good. They come in hesitantly, filled with suspicion, and gather around the green table, breathing uneasily and with their hearts pounding. They are supposed to be friends playing a game, but in reality they are enemies, each of them lying in wait for the other and trying to make gains at the expense of the other and his children. The owner of the place tries to numb the feelings of all participants by offering dreamy music, fallen women, all kinds of drinks and cigarettes. The green table is surrounded with cheating and deception. The waiters and girls may tell one player about another player’s cards, helping one player to beat another by means of nods and whispers. Sometimes they achieve a kind of balance to make sure the game carries on and people stay for longer. No doubt everyone loses in the end, they lose the money they spend on drinks and cigarettes, the money they give to the waiters, the money they spend on drinks for the girls, and all kinds of other losses. Even the one who wins all or most of the games loses all or most of his winnings, and the loser loses everything. And at the end of the night, they all sneak away, showing the signs of depression and humiliation, and the loser warns the winner to look out the next day. (Ahmad Shalabi, al-Hayaat al-Ijtimaa’iyyah fi’l-Tafkeer al-Islami, p. 241)

How many families have become poor because of gambling? How many mouths have gone hungry, how many bodies have become naked or been clothed in nothing but rags? How many marriages have failed, how many jobs have been lost, because of a person who stole money to support his gambling habit? How many men have sold their religion and honour at the gambling table? Gambling destroys everything, even when the aim is money. It includes wine, smoking, bad company, darkness, confusion, cheating, hatred, watching for opportunities to take advantage of others, deception and all other kinds of evil.(Qadaayaa al-Lahw wa’l-Tarfeeh, p. 388)

Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid
We ask Allaah to keep us safe and sound.Ameen
So akhi try your hardest to stop both if possiable but start of with gambling
But dont forget smoking marijuana is a sin as well and inshallah you can quit it asap and repent from it remeber Allah is the Most merciful!!!
You have to give up gambling straight away and keep away from the people who do it, from the places where it happens and from gambling machines. You have to regret what has happened in the past, and resolve not to return to it. You also have to give in charity, because it was narrated by Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever swears and says in his oath ‘By al-Laat and al-‘Uzza,’ let him say ‘Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah (there is no god but Allaah).’ And whoever says to his companion, ‘Come on, let’s gamble,’ let him give in charity.”

Al-Nawawi said: the scholars said, he enjoined charity as an expiation for the sin of speaking these words. Al-Khattaabi said, What it means is that he should give in charity the amount that he wanted to gamble.

Al-Nawawi said, the correct view is that which was stated by the scholars, and which is the apparent meaning of the hadeeth, that it does not have to be this specific amount, but that he should give in charity whatever he can, of things that are counted as charity. This is supported by the report which says, “Let him give something in charity.”

Al-Mawsoo’ah al-Fiqhiyyah , vol. 39, p. 407
May Allah increase us all in our eman, and make firm our hearts on Islam. Ameen!

أبو سليمان عمر
04-17-2009, 02:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umar^111
Akhi May Allah forgive us for our sin!!! Ameen
Inshallah you can quit both and fast but if you had to pick on first i would say Gambling because >>>>>
Praise be to Allaah.

Gambling is haraam because Allaah has forbidden it, and He rules as He wills. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“O you who believe! Intoxicants (all kinds of alcoholic drinks), gambling, al-Ansaab [sacrifices for idols, etc.] and al-Azlaam [arrows for seeking luck or decision] are an abomination of Shaytaan’s handiwork. So avoid (strictly all) that (abomination) in order that you may be successful.

Shaytaan wants only to excite enmity and hatred between you with intoxicants (alcoholic drink) and gambling, and hinder you from the remembrance of Allaah and from al-salaat (the prayer). So, will you not then abstain?”[al-Maa’idah 5:90-91]

With regard to the wisdom behind this prohibition, any wise person will see that there are many reasons for it, including the following:

Gambling makes a person rely on accidents, luck and wishful thinking for his earnings, instead of hard work, the sweat of his brow and paying respect to the ways prescribed by Allaah.

Gambling destroys families and causes the loss of wealth through haraam means. It makes rich families poor and humiliates proud souls.

Gambling results in enmity and hatred among the players, because they are consuming one another’s wealth unlawfully and getting wealth unlawfully.

Gambling turns people away from the remembrance of Allaah and from prayer, and pushes the players to have the worst of attitudes and habits.

Gambling is a sinful hobby that wastes time and effort, and makes people get used to laziness and idleness. It stops the ummah from working and producing.

Gambling pushes people to commit crimes because the one who is penniless wants to get hold of money in any way he can, even if he has to steal it or take it by force, or through accepting bribes and cheating.

Gambling causes stress, illness and nervous breakdowns. It breeds hatred and in most cases leads to crime, suicide, insanity and chronic illness.

Gambling pushes the gambler to bad behaviour such as drinking alcohol and taking drugs. The atmosphere in which gambling takes place is dimly lit and filled with cigarette smoke; people talk in hushed voices and whispers, and sneak in and out as if they are up to no good. They come in hesitantly, filled with suspicion, and gather around the green table, breathing uneasily and with their hearts pounding. They are supposed to be friends playing a game, but in reality they are enemies, each of them lying in wait for the other and trying to make gains at the expense of the other and his children. The owner of the place tries to numb the feelings of all participants by offering dreamy music, fallen women, all kinds of drinks and cigarettes. The green table is surrounded with cheating and deception. The waiters and girls may tell one player about another player’s cards, helping one player to beat another by means of nods and whispers. Sometimes they achieve a kind of balance to make sure the game carries on and people stay for longer. No doubt everyone loses in the end, they lose the money they spend on drinks and cigarettes, the money they give to the waiters, the money they spend on drinks for the girls, and all kinds of other losses. Even the one who wins all or most of the games loses all or most of his winnings, and the loser loses everything. And at the end of the night, they all sneak away, showing the signs of depression and humiliation, and the loser warns the winner to look out the next day. (Ahmad Shalabi, al-Hayaat al-Ijtimaa’iyyah fi’l-Tafkeer al-Islami, p. 241)

How many families have become poor because of gambling? How many mouths have gone hungry, how many bodies have become naked or been clothed in nothing but rags? How many marriages have failed, how many jobs have been lost, because of a person who stole money to support his gambling habit? How many men have sold their religion and honour at the gambling table? Gambling destroys everything, even when the aim is money. It includes wine, smoking, bad company, darkness, confusion, cheating, hatred, watching for opportunities to take advantage of others, deception and all other kinds of evil.(Qadaayaa al-Lahw wa’l-Tarfeeh, p. 388)

Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid
We ask Allaah to keep us safe and sound.Ameen
So akhi try your hardest to stop both if possiable but start of with gambling
But dont forget smoking marijuana is a sin as well and inshallah you can quit it asap and repent from it remeber Allah is the Most merciful!!!
You have to give up gambling straight away and keep away from the people who do it, from the places where it happens and from gambling machines. You have to regret what has happened in the past, and resolve not to return to it. You also have to give in charity, because it was narrated by Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever swears and says in his oath ‘By al-Laat and al-‘Uzza,’ let him say ‘Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah (there is no god but Allaah).’ And whoever says to his companion, ‘Come on, let’s gamble,’ let him give in charity.”

Al-Nawawi said: the scholars said, he enjoined charity as an expiation for the sin of speaking these words. Al-Khattaabi said, What it means is that he should give in charity the amount that he wanted to gamble.

Al-Nawawi said, the correct view is that which was stated by the scholars, and which is the apparent meaning of the hadeeth, that it does not have to be this specific amount, but that he should give in charity whatever he can, of things that are counted as charity. This is supported by the report which says, “Let him give something in charity.”

Al-Mawsoo’ah al-Fiqhiyyah , vol. 39, p. 407
May Allah increase us all in our eman, and make firm our hearts on Islam. Ameen!
Afwan Wa Alakum Asalam

أبو سليمان عمر
04-17-2009, 02:23 AM
its no way near got the same effects as alchohol no where near
and if i wanted to i could control the high of the plant so there is some control over it!
Praise be to Allaah.

Hasheesh of all types is haraam, whether it is marijuana or any other type.

Al-‘Allaamah Ibn Hajar al-Haythami said in al-Fataawa al-Fiqhiyyah (4/233), speaking of hasheeh:

The evidence for its being forbidden is the report narrated by Ahmad in his Musnad and by Abu Dawood in his Sunan with a saheeh isnaad from Umm Salamah (may Allaah be pleased with him) who said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade all kinds of intoxicants and relaxants. The scholars said that relaxants are things that cause drowsiness and languor in the limbs. This hadeeth indicates that hasheesh in particular is haraam, because it intoxicates and relaxes, which is why those who consume it sleep a great deal. Al-Qaraafi and Ibn Taymiyah narrated that there is scholarly consensus that it is haraam and said: The one who regards it as permissible is a kaafir. He said: The only reason why the four imams (may Allaah have mercy on them) did not speak of it is that it was not known at their time, rather it only appeared at the end of the sixth century AH and the beginning of the seventh century when the Tatar state emerged. End quote.

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said in al-Fataawa al-Kubra (3/425): Consuming this hasheesh in solid form is haraam, and it is one of the most evil of haraam plants, whether a little of it is consumed or a lot. End quote.

Consuming intoxicants is haraam regardless of the way in which they are consumed.

Al-‘Allaamah Ibn Qaasim al-Shaafa’i said: What is meant by the drinker is the consumer, whether it is drunk or consumed otherwise, whether there is consensus on its being forbidden or there is a difference of opinion concerning that, and whether it is solid or liquid, cooked or raw. End quote.

Sharee’ah only forbids the consumption of drugs and intoxicants because of the great harm that they cause to the mind, soul, family and society. We have discussed some of these harmful effects in the answer to question no. 66227.

As for stress and anxiety, you may rest assured that the remedy for them is not to be found in smoking hasheesh or any other haraam thing. Allaah has not put the remedy of this ummah in that which He has forbidden to it. In Saheeh Muslim (3670) it says that asked the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) about alcohol and he forbade him or told him not to make it. He said: “But I make it as a remedy.” He said: “It is not a remedy, it is a disease.”

If you want to rid yourself of anxiety, then we advise you to do several things, including the following:

1- Pray a great deal for forgiveness with proper presence of mind.

2- Do wudoo’ and pray, for these are the greatest means of helping oneself to be patient in dealing with hardship and dispelling worry.

3- Remember Allaah a great deal (dhikr), because this is a sure way to attain peace of mind and tranquillity.

4- Send a great deal of blessings upon the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). In Sunan al-Tirmidhi (2381) it is narrated that Ubayy (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: I said: O Messenger of Allaah, I send a great deal of blessings upon you. How much of my du’aa’ should I make for you? He said: “Whatever you wish.” I said: One-quarter? He said: “Whatever you wish, but if you do more it will be better for you.” I said: One half? He said: “Whatever you wish, but if you do more it will be better for you.” I said: Two-thirds? He said: “Whatever you wish, but if you do more it will be better for you.” I said: I will make all my du’aa’ for you. He said: “Then your worries will be taken care of and your sins will be forgiven.” Classed as hasan by al-Albaani in Saheeh Sunan al-Tirmidhi.

This is in addition to avoiding the causes of stress and anxiety as much as possible. If the source of this anxiety and stress is worry about the future, such as how you will learn a living and so on, then you must think in positive terms of Allaah and sincerely put your trust in Him. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And whosoever puts his trust in Allaah, then He will suffice him. Verily, Allaah will accomplish his purpose. Indeed Allaah has set a measure for all things”

[al-Talaaq 65:3]

May Allaah help us and you to do all good.

Islam Q&A
Represent islam in the best figure akhi

ardianto
04-17-2009, 07:52 AM
Asalamualaikum, brother no1.:)

At first, you must stop this poll. You cannot choose which one is first to do. You must stop gambling and smoking marijuana at the same time. And not in tomorow, but right now.

I know, is very difficult to stop gambling. I am not a gambler but some of my friends are gamblers. You must have a strong motivation and you need counseling and guidance from someone. Get a strong motivation and find someone who can help you escape from gambling trap.

And about marijuana. You must leave your friends who made you became marijuana user. I know, you will not know how to smoking marijuana (there is a little different between smoking marijuana and cigaret, isn't it ?), and how to get a marijuana if your friend didn't introduced you to this wrong way. I was a bad boy, I know much about marijuana. Some of my friend were jailled causes by marijuana selling case.
I was lucky, I had many friends. And so easy for me to left them and got new 'right' friends. And also I was lucky because I had a hobby, motocross. My 'right' friend and my hobby help me to far away from marijuana and drug. I was very bussy with my hobby and with my friends and I very happy.
Ok brother, leave your 'wrong' friend because they are not your friends but your enemies. Insha Allah, you will get new friends who love you and guide you to the right way. And I sugest you to have a positive hobby. Of course, I don't sugest you to active in motocross :D, but you can choose another hobby. Active in a hobby will make you forget to marijuana and another addictive. Be a good Muslims, bro. Don't forget Shalaath.

Wasalamualaikum.

Ali.
04-18-2009, 04:23 PM
i still see it as a plant!
Yes, it's a plant. Created not for burning and inhaling the fumes. The fumes are intoxicating, in the long-term research has shown it may cause schizophrenia, psychosis, and possibly even brain damage.

Many googles will bring you much more info' on this, e.g.: http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=cau...ient=firefox-a

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...G=Search&meta=

:)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.