/* */

PDA

View Full Version : agnostic atheist with humanist philosophy.

ATHEISTofPEACE
04-15-2009, 02:22 AM
Heya all. I am atheist of peace. I post and help mod at TMZ. The title says a lot of my views but I should probably add secularist, environmentalist, naturalist, skeptic and "seeker." I love to read, learn, teach, discuss and debate. Religion is one of my favorite subjects. I think interfaith dialog is one of the most important things in the world. That is why I mod/post at TMZ and why I go meet up with the Christian club on my campus. I may not like Islam, Allah, or the Koran but I do like Muslims. I am sure you have heard the term Islamic apologetic, well I have become something similar since learning about Muslims and Islam. A Muslim apologetic, well my friends at the atheist websites sure seem to think so. I also love nature. Hiking, camping, and picnics rock.
What else would you all like to know.

@ADMINS can my name be fixed? Please. I want it to be atheist of peace.
Please and thank you.
*hugs* I love hugs. (I might by a bit hippieis)
Peace
Mick

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
alcurad
04-15-2009, 02:47 AM
welcome to LI :)

ATHEISTofPEACE
04-15-2009, 02:50 AM
Thank you, and thank you. lol. =D

AntiKarateKid
04-15-2009, 02:51 AM
How can you be an atheist and an agnostic at the same time?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ATHEISTofPEACE
04-15-2009, 02:53 AM
lol
agnostic=not knowing if God/god(s) exist or not.
atheist= not believing that God/god(s) exist.

There for you can be an agnostic atheist or theist. Most atheist are agnostic atheists.

Hope that helps. Good question.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-15-2009, 03:06 AM
Welcome to LI atheist of peace. Interesting intro lol. I hope you find your stay welcoming and warming, InshaAllah. Get comfortable and start posting! :D

Peace.

ATHEISTofPEACE
04-15-2009, 03:11 AM
Thank LoH. I am already comfy. I am not afraid of theist anymore. This is my 6th post but you can not see them all yet. I just posted this question but..Again thanks.
Peace
Mick

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-15-2009, 03:14 AM
Lol oookk, I didn't mean to say your scared :) Just you know, as if you've been here all along, get me? :D

Anyway no probs. My bad I didnt see ur post count :-[.

Peace

ATHEISTofPEACE
04-15-2009, 03:18 AM
Ohh, Well that was my bad. Well I am a bit of what we refer to on the interwebz as a "forum ******" I post at a lot of different forums some a lot more then others. Right now I post at TMZ and RDF everyday couple hours worth of post usually and I have a lot of sub and back up forums i post at in what ever.

Why is there no edit? How do I get passed limited member?
*Sorry I could not think of a better way to say it.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-15-2009, 03:21 AM
Ermm there should be an edit, but you need 50 posts or more to get past limited member :)

ATHEISTofPEACE
04-15-2009, 03:24 AM
Where is the edit tab? Or do I need 50 post so I can edit?
Ohh and thanks

By the way everyone. Woodrow was the one who imformed me of this site. So blame him. hahahah

ATHEISTofPEACE
04-15-2009, 03:26 AM
Why is there a tab on my post to add to my own rep but there is not tab for me to add to your rep?
I guess I should go to the tech section...

ATHEISTofPEACE
04-15-2009, 04:12 AM
lol. What not saying hi Woodrow? xp. Ohh and you read my messages that do not have to be approved first. lol

Woodrow, when did your name get added to my ie speller?

ATHEISTofPEACE
04-15-2009, 04:20 AM
Thanks for fixing my name Woodrow. <3

Woodrow
04-15-2009, 04:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ATHEISTofPEACE
lol. What not saying hi Woodrow? xp. Ohh and you read my messages that do not have to be approved first. lol

Woodrow, when did your name get added to my ie speller?

Welcome AoP. Glad to see you made it over here. I believe you will find most of us do not bite nor will we deliberatly insult your intelligence.

I hope you enjoy it here and learn a little about us. I am pleased to say that on other forums I have never seen you act with disrespect to any member, no matter how much you disagree. It is nice to have people come here that know how to disagree with dignity and respect.

Woodrow is not only a proper noun, it is actually an old English word for game warden. so, that is probably why it showed on your spell checker. (wondering just how old your PC is)

ATHEISTofPEACE
04-15-2009, 04:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Welcome AoP. Glad to see you made it over here.)
Thank you Woodrow. I am glad to know you.

I believe you will find most of us do not bite nor will we deliberatly insult your intelligence.
It is funny how my respones to one part of this will differ so much if i was on an atheist forum. *lol* Thats good to know. I like my intelect challenged.

I hope you enjoy it here and learn a little about us. I am pleased to say that on other forums I have never seen you act with disrespect to any member, no matter how much you disagree. It is nice to have people come here that know how to disagree with dignity and respect.
It is nice to have those people anywhere. You know why I work so hard to be like that.

:statisfie

(wondering just how old your PC is)
*doesn't want to tell you. :D:D:D:D:bump1:

ATHEISTofPEACE
04-15-2009, 05:11 AM
UGH post 50 msgs is sooooo annoying

ATHEISTofPEACE
04-15-2009, 05:12 AM
Ohh and Again thanks woodrow.

Where is the edit?

Eric H
04-15-2009, 05:44 AM
Greetings and peace be with you ATHEISTofPEACE; Welcome to the forum, they are a good bunch here, and I feel you might just be able to stir us all up in a good way.

I think interfaith dialog is one of the most important things in the world.
I would just add interfaith dialog leading to interfaith friendship is one of the most important things in the world. The same God hears all our prayers despite all our differences.

I believe you can find the interfaith God in all religions, the God that loves all his creation, sadly this God is often neglected. What kind of a burden do we place on God when we squabble and fight with each other.

In the spirit of praying for a greater interfaith friendship and peace on Earth.

Eric

ATHEISTofPEACE
04-15-2009, 05:48 AM
I would just add interfaith dialog leading to interfaith friendship is one of the most important things in the world.
Wow good point. *is embarssed he missed saying that*

I see Jews, Christians, Muslims, Hinuds, theist buddhists as praying to the same god.

Thanks Erik great post.

*charisma*
04-15-2009, 06:01 AM
Heyyyy, welcome :D

7 posts leftt, you're almost there lol.

agnostic=not knowing if God/god(s) exist or not.
atheist= not believing that God/god(s) exist.

There for you can be an agnostic atheist or theist. Most atheist are agnostic atheists.
If you don't know, then why reject belief??

Nice to meet you, hope you enjoy the forum!

Eric H
04-15-2009, 06:04 AM
Hi ATHEISTofPEACE;

You seem to be going from naught to fifty in three hours, very slow for a car, but who cares, that edit button is just six posts away. :D

In the spirit of searching for one God

Eric

ATHEISTofPEACE
04-15-2009, 06:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Heyyyy, welcome :D

7 posts leftt, you're almost there lol. !
Wow already? haha. I did not even notice. That means my post count at rdf dropped tonight, lol

If you don't know, then why reject belief??
Lack of evidence contradictions etc. You can not be sure the fairies do not exist yet you do not believe in them.

Nice to meet you, hope you enjoy the forum!
Thanks you too and I am so far.

ATHEISTofPEACE
04-15-2009, 06:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H
Hi ATHEISTofPEACE;

You seem to be going from naught to fifty in three hours, very slow for a car, but who cares, that edit button is just six posts away. :D

In the spirit of searching for one God

Eric
Hahaha man I spend to much time on forums. Almost 50 post already and I have not even noticed. I am up real late tonight but that fits my posting history.
Peace
Mick

ATHEISTofPEACE
04-15-2009, 06:25 AM
HZAH!!! I am a full member. Wow *should go to bed*

glo
04-15-2009, 06:32 AM
Welcome to LI, Mick. :peace:

Out of interest, what does TMZ stand for?

ATHEISTofPEACE
04-15-2009, 06:38 AM
TheMuslimZone. It is an Islamic website that I am the non Muslim/atheist mod of. We are trying to teach people about Muslims and break the myths the medias puts out about Islam. I am currently trying to get non Muslim theist to join. It is a place of interfaith dialog and learning.
Themuslimzone.com
I am atheist of peace
woodrow=Woodrow. *blames Woodrow* does that help?
Peace
Mick

saba muslimah
04-15-2009, 06:44 AM
Welcome On LI....

Nice to read ur Msgs about islamic & other topics....!!!!:statisfie
now I just enjoy to read.... :bump1:
May ALLAH BLESS YOU...:)

Be Kind & honest

ATHEISTofPEACE
04-15-2009, 06:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by saba muslimah
Welcome On LI....

Nice to read ur Msgs abotu islamic topics....!!!!
GOD BLESS YOU... :-)

Be Kind & honest
Thank you and thank you and I agree.

*charisma*
04-15-2009, 07:12 AM
Wow already? haha. I did not even notice. That means my post count at rdf dropped tonight, lol
Congratz, you're a full member now :D.

Lack of evidence contradictions etc. You can not be sure the fairies do not exist yet you do not believe in them.
Well what kind of evidence would suffice?

Also I don't believe in fairies, not because I have doubts that they exist, but because I am sure of their non-existence. If fairies are a part of the world, then there is absolutely no evidence of their existence. Besides, they're already known for being fictional. Secondly, because I believe in Islam, there is also no Islamic evidence for their existence. If for some reason they did exist, then they would have some purpose to serve, I would think, and effect the world around us to some extent.

To say you don't believe because you're not sure/don't know would be an appeal to ignorance, right?

Thanks you too and I am so far.
You're welcome :D.

ATHEISTofPEACE
04-15-2009, 07:16 AM
Congratz, you're a full member now :D.

Well what kind of evidence would suffice?

To say you don't believe because you're not sure/don't know would be an appeal to ignorance, right?

Thank you. That happened fast. Hmmm tomorow I will make a thread about what would change my mind.
No. I do not beilive do to lack of evidence but I will not say God/Allah/god(s) are 100% fake. I can disprove you but I can never prove a negative. Ya know?

*charisma*
04-15-2009, 07:26 AM
Thank you. That happened fast. Hmmm tomorow I will make a thread about what would change my mind.
No. I do not beilive do to lack of evidence but I will not say God/Allah/god(s) are 100% fake. I can disprove you but I can never prove a negative. Ya know?

Basically you can't prove or disprove me, depending on what you're considering as evidence?

Yeah, making a thread is good. I shall look out for it :D.

ATHEISTofPEACE
04-15-2009, 07:30 AM

Basically you can't prove or disprove me, depending on what you're considering as evidence?

Yeah, making a thread is good. I shall look out for it :D.
Thats the weird part. I could disprove you but I could not prove I was right.....but then again you have the burned of proff. Goodnight*I hope* *needs to sleep*
Peace
Mick

glo
04-15-2009, 08:34 AM
TheMuslimZone. It is an Islamic website that I am the non Muslim/atheist mod of. We are trying to teach people about Muslims and break the myths the medias puts out about Islam. I am currently trying to get non Muslim theist to join. It is a place of interfaith dialog and learning.
Themuslimzone.com
I am atheist of peace
woodrow=Woodrow. *blames Woodrow* does that help?
Peace
Mick
A Muslim forum with non-Muslim mods??
Sounds interesting! :)

One thing I miss here in LI is a greater openess to interfaith sharing with the simple aim of understanding and accepting each other's views and beliefs (as opposed to interfaith debate).
Perhaps I will check out TMZ if time allows.

Peace :)

ATHEISTofPEACE
04-15-2009, 12:54 PM
Goodmorning.

glo
04-15-2009, 12:59 PM
Goodmorning.
Do you sleep AT ALL, AoP?? :D

S_87
04-15-2009, 01:04 PM
Welcome, i hope you can learn and enjoy your stay here.

I may not like Islam, Allah, or the Koran but I do like Muslims.
We are muslims because of Islam Allah and The Quran. that is us.

Danah
04-15-2009, 01:07 PM
When I saw your name I was like.....immmmm where did I saw this name?
I guessed before reading your thread that you are from TMZ

welcome to LI, I hope you will have a beneficial stay here

btw, I did not get it how you can be an atheist and agnostic at the same time :?

mind explain more??

Thinker
04-15-2009, 01:11 PM

@ADMINS can my name be fixed? Please. I want it to be atheist of peace.

Mick

Welcome (what was your previous name)?

Maybe I'm a little out of touch but I've never heard of TMZ or the term Islamic apologetic or Muslim apologetic.

Musaafirah
04-15-2009, 01:16 PM
^^ Me's never come across the term Islamic apologetic neither. What's with all these new fangled words that keep coming up?
Anyways, welcome to the forum. You already seem to have made yourself at home!

ATHEISTofPEACE
04-15-2009, 01:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
Welcome, i hope you can learn and enjoy your stay here.

We are Muslims because of Islam Allah and The Quran. that is us.
Thank you. I have already started to. Sorry,but you are more then those things. Thats good. Also why did you point that out? I can only imagine 2 reasons why. I think both would be hurtful to your self, that is why I ask.
Peace
Mick
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Do you sleep AT ALL, AoP?? :D
I have too many atheist and religious forms that are waiting for me. So I am too busy to sleep. :DI neglected RDF to post here and TMZ kept me bussy. lol.

A Muslim forum with non-Muslim mods??
Sounds interesting! :)
Peace :)
:bump1:
Well I made them. A couple of atheist joined with me. Some thing about putting there money where their mouth is, kissing admin but, not flaming anyonez,applied when one mod stepped down, and I am super active.
*the last one is why I am still a mod :D*

Thanks all.

S_87
04-15-2009, 01:46 PM
Thank you. I have already started to.
Yes i noticed, your posts are all over :D

Sorry,but you are more then those things.
without those things we are nothing.

Also why did you point that out? I can only imagine 2 reasons why. I think both would be hurtful to your self, that is why I ask.
hurtful, well im sure u didnt say it in any offensive way so no not hurtful. Just felt i needed to point out that without islam there is no muslim, without Allah there is nothing and without Quran there is no guidance. So that which you dont like is that which makes us us. Is the reason we are here and the reason we live. And we as muslims are imperfect yet our religion is free from fault.
I usually see people saying they dont like muslims because of the actions of muslims which dont actually relate to islam and have to explain that if you dont like this then it is because of muslims not islam, or people who dont like muslims because of islam, youre slightly different :? :)

S_87
04-15-2009, 01:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Thinker

Maybe I'm a little out of touch but I've never heard of TMZ or the term Islamic apologetic or Muslim apologetic.
Really?

its a really popular term these days. anyone who stands up for a muslim cause is termed that. Any muslim cause. like a very vocal person speaking and protesting for palestine (eg george galloway :? ) or a person saying that muslims are humans. anything :?

Gator
04-15-2009, 02:08 PM
Heya all. I am atheist of peace. I post and help mod at TMZ. The title says a lot of my views but I should probably add secularist, environmentalist, naturalist, skeptic and "seeker." I love to read, learn, teach, discuss and debate.

- *hugs* I love hugs.
Hello and welcome!

But please in the future to be a true atheist you must take a more bitter and angry stance toward religions and definitely no so called "interfaith dialog" as you say.

Also no hug loving or, and this is speaking only for all other atheists as well, you will be excommunicated from athiesm.

We have a reputation to uphold you know.

Thanks.

:D

ATHEISTofPEACE
04-15-2009, 03:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
Really?

its a really popular term these days. anyone who stands up for a muslim cause is termed that. Any muslim cause. like a very vocal person speaking and protesting for palestine (eg george galloway :? ) or a person saying that muslims are humans. anything :?
Exactly. The second I speak out against ignorance, stereotypes, prejudice, and propaganda about Islam and Muslims I become an apologetic. So be it.

ATHEISTofPEACE
04-15-2009, 03:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gator
Hello and welcome!

But please in the future to be a true atheist you must take a more bitter and angry stance toward religions and definitely no so called "interfaith dialog" as you say.

Also no hug loving or, and this is speaking only for all other atheists as well, you will be excommunicated from athiesm.

We have a reputation to uphold you know.

Thanks.

:D
You just told them to many of our secrets. :raging: Besides how would suspect the "butter fly" if you catch my drift. I kid I kid. I am a humanist and a bit of a hippy. So I love people.

alcurad
04-15-2009, 03:22 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apologetics

ATHEISTofPEACE
04-15-2009, 03:25 PM
@ Amani, Yeah I did not mean anything offensive. What I meant was if those things fail, fall, get seen/shown to be bad, etc then Muslims fail and look bad. Muslims are more then those things So no worries. A Muslim is not just these things but also how he or she applies, views, and gains from these things. You see what I mean?

ATHEISTofPEACE
04-15-2009, 03:30 PM
Hello sis Saya. It is nice to see another friend from Tmz over here. *Yeah for knowing people* How are you? What or how do you not understand?
atheist is not believing that God/god(s) exist.
agnostic is not knowing if God/god(s) exist or not.
The atheist stance should be God/god(s) mostly likely do not exist. I have only meet one atheist who says that they do not believe in God/god(s) 100%.

How do you view these as incompatible?

format_quote Originally Posted by SAYA
When I saw your name I was like.....immmmm where did I saw this name?
I guessed before reading your thread that you are from TMZ

welcome to LI, I hope you will have a beneficial stay here

btw, I did not get it how you can be an atheist and agnostic at the same time :?

mind explain more??

Uthman
04-15-2009, 04:00 PM
Welcome Mick. I like you already. :)

ATHEISTofPEACE
04-15-2009, 04:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Osman
Welcome Mick. I like you already. :)
Yes! :ace: :awesome: Awe!!! Thank you. *likes being liked*
Why am I so close to 100 posts already?

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-15-2009, 04:24 PM
Looool isn't that cute....:p

ATHEISTofPEACE
04-15-2009, 04:28 PM
"She thinks I am cute!" "She thinks I am Cute!" *hovers off the ground slightly* "She thinks I am Cute!" nose starts to glow red* ~Rudolph The Red Noised Reindeer.

*hope you have seen the movie and found that funny*

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-15-2009, 04:30 PM
Lol :O *no comment* :D

Muezzin
04-15-2009, 04:46 PM
Exactly. The second I speak out against ignorance, stereotypes, prejudice, and propaganda about Islam and Muslims I become an apologetic. So be it.
Shouldn't the term actually be 'apologist'?

Maybe either word can be used.

Anyhow. Welcome to LI :)

ATHEISTofPEACE
04-15-2009, 04:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Shouldn't the term actually be 'apologist'? http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/hearts/nerd.gif

Maybe either word can be used.

Anyhow. Welcome to LI :)
:bump1: Yes that is what the term should be. Now that you have quoted me I can not go back and fix it. . lol. Thanks
Peace

glo
04-15-2009, 05:16 PM
:bump1:
Well I made them. A couple of atheist joined with me. Some thing about putting there money where their mouth is, kissing admin but, not flaming anyonez,applied when one mod stepped down, and I am super active.
*the last one is why I am still a mod :D*

Thanks all.
You started a Muslim forum?

ATHEISTofPEACE
04-15-2009, 05:22 PM
No, lol I did not make the forum. Did I say something to confuse you? I meant that I made the admins.... I also was speaking jokingly.

Danah
04-15-2009, 06:49 PM
Hello sis Saya. It is nice to see another friend from Tmz over here. *Yeah for knowing people* How are you? What or how do you not understand?
The atheist stance should be God/god(s) mostly likely do not exist. I have only meet one atheist who says that they do not believe in God/god(s) 100%.

well, I am fine...thanks
I wonder how things are going with you guys in TMZ, hope everything is good

immmm.....
how can you not believe in God existence and not sure if he is really exist?
Don't give me the meaning of agnostic or atheist, tell me how you view that yourself to make it easier for me to understand, if you dont mind plz

I still did not get it:blind:

Uthman
04-15-2009, 07:44 PM
Would you describe yourself as a weak atheist, then? There is some overlap between what is known as weak atheism and agnosticism.

glo
04-15-2009, 08:36 PM
No, lol I did not make the forum. Did I say something to confuse you? I meant that I made the admins.... I also was speaking jokingly.
Don't worry - I am easily confused!! :D
I just assumed that by 'I made it' you meant 'you made (=started) a forum'.

The idea of an atheist starting a Muslim forum just caught my attention, that's all. :)

glo
04-15-2009, 08:38 PM

Would you also consider it agnosticism to not fully know/understand what God is like?
It's a conversation I have had with my husband.

Although I believe in God and in the Trinity, I am also aware that there is much I cannot even begin to know or understand about God.
Does that make me an agnostic Christian? :?

ATHEISTofPEACE
04-15-2009, 11:34 PM
Would you also consider it agnosticism to not fully know/understand what God is like?
It's a conversation I have had with my husband.

Although I believe in God and in the Trinity, I am also aware that there is much I cannot even begin to know or understand about God.
Does that make me an agnostic Christian? :?
Yes it does. And WHAT!!!!!! I just noticed you are a Christian. lawl.

ATHEISTofPEACE
04-16-2009, 12:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Osman
Would you describe yourself as a weak atheist, then? There is some overlap between what is known as weak atheism and agnosticism.
What is weak atheism?

format_quote Originally Posted by SAYA
well, I am fine...thanks
I wonder how things are going with you guys in TMZ, hope everything is good

immmm.....
how can you not believe in God existence and not sure if he is really exist?
Don't give me the meaning of agnostic or atheist, tell me how you view that yourself to make it easier for me to understand, if you dont mind plz

I still did not get it:blind:
Listen, all that I mean is that I admit I could be wrong. That does not make me weak in my convictions. I just means I am a honest. I see no evidence to show that God/god(s) exist. I see evidence the goes against what I have been told about some gods. Does this help?

ATHEISTofPEACE
04-16-2009, 01:13 AM
Have I told you guys my religious history?

Woodrow
04-16-2009, 01:21 AM
Just my opinion. In my view a "weak" atheist is one who is not closed minded about other views and a "stong"Atheist is one who rejects the possibility of any other view.

Weak is not necessarily a bad trait and strong is not necessarily a good trait.

Yanal
04-16-2009, 01:22 AM
Welcome brother. Hope you remember your old bud.Because of me retiring you got accepted:).

ATHEISTofPEACE
04-16-2009, 01:27 AM
I will "argue" to I am blue in the face but I will admit I could be wrong and I know there are things that could change my mind.

Well that was honest of me yes? Is any one here willing to admit that something could lead them to disbelieve?

ATHEISTofPEACE
04-16-2009, 01:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal
Welcome brother. Hope you remember your old bud.Because of me retiring you got accepted:).
I know I mentioned that. :bump1::bump1:
*hugs*
I miss you yannal.

Yanal
04-16-2009, 01:35 AM
You did? Well you got me here. Do you have MSN? PM me brother:). Any questions feel free to ask.

ATHEISTofPEACE
04-16-2009, 01:38 AM
Edit thanks yanal

Yanal
04-16-2009, 01:48 AM
Bro edit it! I got an infraction because I posted my email and I didn't know still! EDIT!

ATHEISTofPEACE
04-16-2009, 02:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal
Bro edit it! I got an infraction because I posted my email and I didn't know still! EDIT!
My email is listed in my user info for all to see. So why would I not be able to post it?

Woodrow
04-16-2009, 02:36 AM
I will "argue" to I am blue in the face but I will admit I could be wrong and I know there are things that could change my mind.

Well that was honest of me yes? Is any one here willing to admit that something could lead them to disbelieve?
I believe your intent is a valid question, but perhaps we need to rephrase something. As stated you are asking if something could prove a negative. ie Prove to us that God(swt) does not exist. Impossible to prove something does not exist.

Perhaps a better wording would be:

Would I be willing to admit that something could lead me to believe my reason for believing is wrong?

the answer is yes, actually many things could do that-- some examples:

1. somebody meets the Qur'anic challange.

2. the Qur'an is proven to contain errors

3. A human creates matter in a perfect vacuum from nothing

4. The universe ceases to exist and there is no judgment day.

ATHEISTofPEACE
04-16-2009, 02:39 AM
What woodrow said.:bump1:
1. somebody meets the Qur'anic challange.

Whats that?

Guys I am sick :exhausted:skeleton:imsad

ATHEISTofPEACE
04-16-2009, 02:43 AM
heya all. This is an empathy projest I did for a class this semester. I imagened what it was like to be an arabic muslim

Bismillah arRahman arRahim(*1) I am imagining being an Arabic Muslim and starting this paper from this viewpoint, Insha Allah(*2). My life would change a lot if I were born this way. I would hold a different view on the middle east and the rest of the world, my culture and language would change, my friends would change, my clothe would change, my diet would change, and how others viewed me would change drastically as would other things. I chose to add in the religion because some countries Islam is the culture and it made it easy to show differences because many of the cultural things in Arabic are religious.
“As salamu aleiykum,” would be how I greeted others like me. This is Arabic for, “peace be upon you,” and I would use this when greeting other Muslims whether or not they were Arabic. I would be blessed to have Arabic as my native language. Arabic is the language of the Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W*3) and of the Koran, Gods divine command. These two things make Arabic the greatest and most important language. Arabic is also a beautiful and poet language.
原帖地址: TMZ Islamic Forum http://www.themuslimzone.com/civil-c...post20765.html
My friends would be all be male. I would not enjoy the company of any females besides my wife(s), if I have any, with out supervision, as this would be haram(*4). I would have mostly male Arabic Muslim friends. I would have some non Arabic and some non Muslims friends if I meet and enjoyed the company of any of them. Insha Allah. Most of my friends would probably belong to the same mosque as me. We would work and pray together.
I would wear a Male hijab. I must cover myself and avoid wearing revealing clothing. I would not wear silk or gold. I would cover my body with the hijab, and my face with a beard. I would only be allowed to reveal my lower arm, head, and hands. This is for my protection so people like me for me and not my body. It also is protective against the sun. I might wear turban or headscarf.
My diet would not change much besides some restrictions that would be placed upon it. I would no longer be able to know the joy of bacon or other pork products, only the horrors of the destruction of my soul if I do. I would not drink alcohol. I would probably eat more fish and lamb. The coffee I drank would be much stronger then the weak flavor water in America.
Westerners might see me as a threat. They might misunderstand, fear, and generalize me. They would know my race and creed looking at me. I would have to deal with people thinking I am a terrorist, even though I am a real Muslim, and Islam is a religion of peace. They would think I support the terrorist even though I abhor what they do. I would be regarded with suspicion even though I pray for you and wish you no harm. It saddens me to be viewed in such a way and I worry about the treatment of my Arabic and Islamic brothers and sisters abroad. La hawla wala quwata illah billah.(*5) I wish others could understand where I came from and what I really thought and believed.
I would view most of the world as sinful. I would hope for the spread of Islam to all of these countries. I would want this to happen in a peaceful way. I would want all the others to speak and read Arabic, for their benefit, so they could truly understand the message of the Prophet. What I would wish for most was for the world to understand me, and for me to understand the world. This is most important. So we can all get along. I would not wish harm on any but those who aggressive towards me.
1. Bismillah arRahman arRahim -before making a beginning -Translation: In the name of Allah most Gracious most Merciful
2. Insha Allah - for expressing a desire to do something-Translation: If Allah wills
3 Sal allahu aleihi wasallam -whenever say the name of Prophet Muhammad -Translation: Peace be upon him (S.A.W.)
4. Bad, sinful, forbidden
5. La hawla wala quwata illah billah -during the time of troubles - There is no strength nor power except Allah

Woodrow
04-16-2009, 02:44 AM
My email is listed in my user info for all to see. So why would I not be able to post it?
click on any members profile and see if you can find an email addy You will see: * Send a message via email to ********* Just a link that will send your email redirected from here.

Yes, you messenger id's will show to full members. But they are not visible to limited members or lukers as they would be in a post.

ATHEISTofPEACE
04-16-2009, 02:45 AM
Woodrow they way you explain my intent on these boards was perfect. Would you mind saying it here in this thread?

Woodrow
04-16-2009, 03:02 AM
Woodrow they way you explain my intent on these boards was perfect. Would you mind saying it here in this thread?
Now if I can remember how I worded it.

But essentially I said: I found your intent on Islamic forums to be to learn the truth about us and separate facts from misconceptions and stereotypes. to be able to carry on knowledgeable discussions, to learn how to communicate with Muslims, without offending and to be able to disagree peacefully with dignity and respect.

ATHEISTofPEACE
04-16-2009, 03:06 AM
Now if I can remember how I worded it.

But essentially I said: I found your intent on Islamic forums to be to learn the truth about us and separate facts from misconceptions and stereotypes. to be able to carry on knowledgeable discussions, to learn how to communicate with Muslims, without offending and to be able to disagree peacefully with dignity and respect.
I would just add in the i enjoy talking with people of faith and that I am not here to find God or faith.

Thanks Woodrow. You summed me up well.

ohh and also the Christian forums were mean to me :laugh:

ATHEISTofPEACE
04-16-2009, 03:31 AM
you all only like me cause I am freinds with an admin. lol.
*really thinks you only like said admin because he is friends with me*
lol

Uthman
04-16-2009, 09:28 AM
What is weak atheism?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weak_and_strong_atheism

:)

Danah
04-16-2009, 11:19 AM
Listen, all that I mean is that I admit I could be wrong. That does not make me weak in my convictions. I just means I am a honest. I see no evidence to show that God/god(s) exist. I see evidence the goes against what I have been told about some gods. Does this help?
yeah, kind of.....and uncle woodrow explanation in next post made it even clearer

heya all. This is an empathy projest I did for a class this semester. I imagened what it was like to be an arabic muslim
I enjoyed reading that imagination, but I think you were exaggerating in some points :X

you just came here yesterday and already increased your posts to 163!! just wow!!!
I guess half of them if not more are only here in this thread

I hope you will gain more knowledge here

Ali.
04-16-2009, 04:21 PM
:welcome: to the forums!

6 pages of intro', wow, lol.

&:

# Total Posts: 177
# Posts Per Day: 110.92
Er.. blimey?! You keep that up and you may be one of the top posters on LI!! :ooh:

:p

Ali_Cena
04-16-2009, 04:49 PM
Greetings Mick,

I would just add in the i enjoy talking with people of faith and that I am not here to find God or faith.
Wow...Why not? Even if it was the truth?

I should probably add...skeptic and "seeker."
I am not here to find God or faith.
I mean in a way you seem to be contradicting yourself here, you claim you are a seeker, but then you say your not here to seek? this is the best place to "seek" if you were a seeker.

Peace, not to sound rude, or anything

ATHEISTofPEACE
04-16-2009, 06:02 PM
I meant I am not looking at this site because I am thinking of converting. I am not posting here with the intent to become a Muslim. If i find that Islam is true then I would, but that is not my intent. I am look to understand the concept of God. Does that make sense now?

Na7lah
04-16-2009, 06:22 PM
how did you manage to get 178 posts in one day?? :muddlehea

i'm Muneerah from TMZ btw
welcome to LI

glo
04-16-2009, 07:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Na7lah
how did you manage to get 178 posts in one day?? :muddlehea

i'm Muneerah from TMZ btw
welcome to LI
I think largely by not sleeping! :D

ATHEISTofPEACE
04-16-2009, 09:10 PM
I think largely by not sleeping! :D
Yeah I had a bout of insomnia. I also tryed to respond to as many people as I can. I don't think I posted much spam.

Bint-Al-Islam
04-16-2009, 09:32 PM
Hello
Welcome to LI :)

ATHEISTofPEACE
04-16-2009, 10:39 PM
Heya don't I also know you from TMZ? Thanks.

glo
04-16-2009, 10:42 PM
AoP, you should get a special award for the longest introductory thread in the whole history of LI!

I wonder, do you talk so much in real life too?? :D

ATHEISTofPEACE
04-16-2009, 11:08 PM
I noticed that too. How did that happen? Yes I can talk this much in real life. After I settle in here I will go back to my normal posting habits. That means posting on between2-5 forum boreds per day. Right now I am just posting here and checking TMZ. Watching only one rdf thread and not check any other forums. lol

*thinks woodrow is makeing them* I kid. Every one hear is great so far.

glo
04-16-2009, 11:13 PM
Every one hear is great so far.
Perhaps we are just lulling you into a false sense of security ... :D

ATHEISTofPEACE
04-16-2009, 11:26 PM
Perhaps we are just lulling you into a false sense of security ... :D
Wow that was my plan. :D shhh lol

Nájlá
04-18-2009, 09:30 AM
Hey welcome.

So ur AoP on TMZ i was wondering were I've seen that name before. lol

Btw am butterfly form TMZ :p :D

:ooh: 242 posts already.

ATHEISTofPEACE
04-18-2009, 07:26 PM
Hi butterfly I love your avatar. It is the best. Thanks for the greet. =D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.