/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Rule 16

ATHEISTofPEACE
04-15-2009, 02:48 AM
16. No attacks against Islam in any form will be tolerated on this discussion board. This includes, but is not limited to attacks on the Qur'an, Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him), his family and companions, or any other prophets in Islam, or Islamic scholars, past or present. While some may complain that there is "freedom of speech" please remember this is a privately owned discussion board which was created and is maintained to serve the purpose of promoting Islam. What is allowed in speech is determined by the Admin and not the member.
What is considered an attack on these things? I understand if I were to call it something bad that would be an attack or just be offensive but if i question some would call that an attack. If i point out a contradiction some would call it an attack. Etc. What is considered an attack?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
alcurad
04-15-2009, 02:52 AM
I'm not a mod, but I'd say any insult derogatory remark would be an attack. most things not based on a source, or openly biased-attacking for the sake of it- sources are usually not liked very much, but it does depend of the mods in the end, perhaps one could give you a better explanation.

ATHEISTofPEACE
04-15-2009, 02:59 AM
What do you mean by this?
or openly biased-attacking for the sake of it- sources

جوري
04-15-2009, 03:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by atheist of peac
What do you mean by this?
Greetings Atheist;

If you have a genuine question/comment/complaint/allegement that you would like cleared, there is a 'refutation' section where you can pose your question as well use the search feature the third from your anatomical right, given the age of the forum and the the allegations leveled against Islam on the web, chances are everything has already been refuted!..

It is very seldom that we get a humanist/atheist/secularist who thinks outside the box of 'humanist/atheist/secularist' but we might be surprised with you still...

What Br. Alcurad was trying to say, I presume, is that so long as you are not dispensing insults in the guise of genuine queries will you be in breech of rule number 16..
Now that being said, I am sure we can all distinguish liabel and slander with genuine questions, so it is also important not insult the intelligence of some of the members, at the same time realizing some of the members here are as young as 13, so if I had a deeply thoughtful question that needed genuine direction, may I suggest the ask the scholar and or Islamonline.com..
Islamic jurisprudence doesn't come in a pamphlet people are schooled in it as they are in medicine or secular law..

with all that out of the way, we'd like to :welcome: you aboard and hope you enjoy your stay

peace

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ATHEISTofPEACE
04-15-2009, 03:40 AM
Thank you gossamar. That post was very helpful. I have a much better Idea of what is and is not allowed. Still I am not 100% clear. From TMZ I have learned questions or refute can be seen as insulting. Do I have to worry that member will find my views and questions insulting? They are not meant to be attacks. Like the other day I made an analogy about god and hell=a man with a gun telling a woman to have sex with him. I was told it was offensive. This was my view and I was told it was offensive. This may be an extreme example but I think you get my drift?

Also what about offending the non Muslims. Do you want to know what the number one most offensive thing I get told on religious forums? Being threatened as a non believer is the most offensive thing ever. I really wish it was considered a personal attack. It is just rude. Listen I know that if you are right that I am going to hell. There is no need to tell me every chance you get. There is no need to threaten me with it.

I guess I went off topic lol. Sorry.
Peace
Mick

جوري
04-15-2009, 03:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by atheist of peac
Thank you gossamar. That post was very helpful. I have a much better Idea of what is and is not allowed. Still I am not 100% clear. From TMZ I have learned questions or refute can be seen as insulting. Do I have to worry that member will find my views and questions insulting? They are not meant to be attacks. Like the other day I made an analogy about god and hell=a man with a gun telling a woman to have sex with him. I was told it was offensive. This was my view and I was told it was offensive. This may be an extreme example but I think you get my drift?

Also what about offending the non Muslims. Do you want to know what the number one most offensive thing I get told on religious forums? Being threatened as a non believer is the most offensive thing ever. I really wish it was considered a personal attack. It is just rude. Listen I know that if you are right that I am going to hell. There is no need to tell me every chance you get. There is no need to threaten me with it.

I guess I went off topic lol. Sorry.
Peace
Mick

These are about communication and a comfort level and what it is you value as a person.
If for instance I knew you loved your mother, and I have come to learn things of your mother that you feel strongly are untrue not just by the bond you have with her but knowing things about her that others couldn't but we as outsiders are on to things that are falling on your blind spot, some issues may arise.. Do we agree so far? now if I come and call her obscene names and profanities which I might feel are rightly deserved (falling under free speech) you on the other hand might take strong offense, on multiple levels.. or you might not who knows? I don't know your nature.. thus understanding something about human psychology and the human condition might serve to maneuver your posts in the right direction.

There are also things that are culturally offensive to some that aren't to others.. as an example, some folks might find it rude to chew gum in front of your boss or when engaging with an elder, you might find not chewing gum an insult (because of halitosis or whatever) I am sure with proper rationalization everyone can justify their position ..(something to keep in mind)

and to address your last point, I don't think many members here are interested in offering da3wa to others.. I personally have come to believe that a person has to desire a change in order for God to nurture that change in that individual.. what we can collectively do for you is perhaps clarify or explain some of the things many are keen on cutting and pasting from the web.. but we are not missionaries.. No one knows where they are going in the after life (not even the christian missionaries who are saved in advance) so I don't see how anyone could possibly threaten you with something so otherworldly...

all the best

ATHEISTofPEACE
04-15-2009, 04:05 AM
Thank you Sis Gossamer. That was a very helpful post again. Thanks. Just a few points.
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
These are about communication and a comfort level and what it is you value as a person.
If for instance I knew you loved your mother, and I have come to learn things of your mother that you feel strongly are untrue not just by the bond you have with her but knowing things about her that others couldn't but we as outsiders are on to things that are falling on your blind spot, some issues may arise.. Do we agree so far?
Yes I agree but you would you be willing to admit that once you love some one so/to much you start to ignore or not notice some of the negative traits? You become blind to them.

or you might not who knows? I don't know your nature.. thus understanding something about human psychology and the human condition might serve to maneuver your posts in the right direction.
I try to not get offended by anything. Well I already told you what does offend me.

I am sure with proper rationalization everyone can justify their position ..(something to keep in mind)
That was part of my point. Not only that but, any one can justify finding something offencive.

and to address your last point, I don't think many members here are interested in offering da3wa to others..
I hope so. I shall see. If it makes you feel any better, the christians I knew usualy remind me more often then the Muslims in my life.

so I don't see how anyone could possibly threaten you with something so otherworldly...
I wont find this offensice but do you think atheist go to hell? Why or why not

all the best
Thank you too!!!

Thanks
*hugs*
Peace
Mick

coddles76
04-15-2009, 04:06 AM
^ Very well said Gossamer, Im sure that explains it well enough for all to comprehend.

ATHEISTofPEACE
04-15-2009, 04:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by coddles76
^ Very well said Gossamer, Im sure that explains it well enough for all to comprehend.
Yes it does. Thought there will always be grey areas.

coddles76
04-15-2009, 04:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ATHEISTofPEACE
Yes it does. Thought there will always be grey areas.
Only for some I guess which presents the diverse culture of society and humanity. My philosophy is that sometimes in life you should learn to be content, that way life will provide a more sense of meaning. If there are grey areas in every explaination you will cease to find closure on many aspects leading to lack of fulfillment.

ATHEISTofPEACE
04-15-2009, 04:18 AM
Only for some I guess which presents the diverse culture of society and humanity. My philosophy is that sometimes in life you should learn to be content, that way life will provide a more sense of meaning. If there are grey areas in every explaination you will cease to find closure on many aspects leading to lack of fulfillment.
I am sorry but I failed to follow that logic.

جوري
04-15-2009, 04:22 AM
Thank you Sis Gossamer. That was a very helpful post again. Thanks. Just a few points. Yes I agree but you would you be willing to admit that once you love some one so/to much you start to ignore or not notice some of the negative traits? You become blind to them.
well that is a very expansive topic, especially when you are not dealing with an actual physical person, say for instance your dislike God or his commandments etc. as per your previous comment.. some things are based on a personal feeling and social conditioning than an actual fact. For instance (again with the mother example) I might feel that your mother was a horrible person for I saw her once with a stryker saw in her hand as she descended to crack someone skull open, and now you might not at all deny this or cover it up, well your mother might be either a serial murder or the state pathologist right? if she proves to be the latter, and I might feel that pathology is a barbaric field in medicine all together and not for me, but fact remains that to understand medicine you must understand pathology! and Medicine is an integral part of out lives..
I try to not get offended by anything. Well I already told you what does offend me.
Great =)

That was part of my point. Not only that but, any one can justify finding something offencive.
Well offensive is a relative matter again as per my example above.. what is acceptable in the state of Delaware in 1885 might be a complete offense in NY in 2009.. but when it comes to Islam and I really don't want to delve into this, there is figh in creed and fiqh in dealings.. the former is a done deal, while the other requires scholarly review to be acceptable with the time using set principles..

I hope so. I shall see. If it makes you feel any better, the christians I knew usualy remind me more often then the Muslims in my life.
Well naturally when people care, and they assume they are correct, they want the same best for all their friends and loved ones.. I wouldn't be offended I'd be flattered?

I wont find this offensice but do you think atheist go to hell? Why or why not
and I genuinely answered you, I don't know who is going where.. each soul is held in pledge by its own deeds so tells us the Quran.. who knows what people are covert or overt about when it comes to God? I am not God to know and luckily judgment doesn't lie with the creation as we are all bound by the human condition.

Thank you too!!!

Thanks
*hugs*
Peace
Mick
All the best

coddles76
04-15-2009, 04:45 AM
I am sorry but I failed to follow that logic.
I figured you wouldn't but no need to be sorry about that.

ATHEISTofPEACE
04-15-2009, 04:46 AM
I figured you wouldn't but no need to be sorry about that.
How does content=meaning? Also what are you suggesting?

coddles76
04-15-2009, 05:05 AM
How does content=meaning? Also what are you suggesting?
Be content that there are some things in life that fulfill there meaning and have NO grey areas.
It was just a little simple reminder and advice, I hope you can take it onboard. If you feel that the advice is useless and unworthy of absorbing than thats also fine. Its just something that I hold and was hoping to share with others. It's also fine if you find no logic in it, If you cannot find any logical sense in my suggestions than just ignore the comments.
Peace

ATHEISTofPEACE
04-15-2009, 05:08 AM
Be content that there are some things in life that fulfill there meaning and have NO grey areas.
It was just a little simple reminder and advice, I hope you can take it onboard. If you feel that the advice is useless and unworthy of absorbing than thats also fine. Its just something that I hold and was hoping to share with others. It's also fine if you find no logic in it, If you cannot find any logical sense in my suggestions than just ignore the comments.
Peace
I am going to have to think on this before commenting.

coddles76
04-15-2009, 05:11 AM
I am going to have to think on this before commenting.
Don't think too hard now, you might blow a fuse :D lol That was a joke btw
:statisfie

ATHEISTofPEACE
04-15-2009, 05:13 AM
Don't think too hard now, you might blow a fuse :D lol That was a joke btw
:statisfie
:D Unless I was a robot :bump1: then it could be truth. Where do you feel there are no grey areas?

coddles76
04-15-2009, 05:18 AM
:D Unless I was a robot :bump1: then it could be truth. Where do you feel there are no grey areas?
Well one example would be MY belief in the one and only creator. I believe whole heartedly that my creator created the heavens and the earth and all that is in between and I have NO grey areas in that fact whatsoever. Another example would be that I believe I'm a extremely good soccer player, No grey areas in that also :D

ATHEISTofPEACE
04-15-2009, 05:21 AM
Well one example would be MY belief in the one and only creator. I believe whole heartedly that my creator created the heavens and the earth and all that is in between and I have NO grey areas in that fact whatsoever. Another example would be that I believe I'm a extremely good soccer player, No grey areas in that also :D
Well to the former the grey would become how do you define a creator? Just as a start. To the latter I would have to say I agree.:thumbs_up:D

coddles76
04-15-2009, 05:29 AM
Well to the former the grey would become how do you define a creator? Just as a start. To the latter I would have to say I agree.:thumbs_up:D
To the former I would say that this is MY definition in which I Believe whole heartedly to have NO grey areas. The way he defines himself is befitting enough for me to have and understanding of his greatness.
To the latter, I also believe there are no Grey areas in me scoring 2 goals in our Match this weekend :D

ATHEISTofPEACE
04-15-2009, 05:35 AM
Well some atheist get annoyed because you could the term creator to mean natural forces that create everthing. religion=pantheism
pantheism=sexed up atheism

ie physics is the creator God although physics is more of God of oder......

Peace
Mick

ATHEISTofPEACE
04-15-2009, 05:38 PM
Why did I post the above post? I can not remember what the point is. Heya, the analogy I mentioned before, is it really offensive? I can post/pm the complete analogy if needed/wanted.

Peace
Mick

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.