/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Atheist in Heaven.

ATHEISTofPEACE
04-15-2009, 03:51 AM
I am guessing no but, there was this joke running around the atheist boards after I started modding at TMZ that I would eventually get into heaven " for services to Islam by helping the site out, people learn, and defending Muslims at atheist websites. I mean they were all joking, but if you were right and I wrong would this save my soul or no? I am guessing no.
I know its a dumb question but one to many people made the joke to me and it got stuck in my head.

Peace

Mick

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd-al Latif
04-15-2009, 04:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ATHEISTofPEACE
I am guessing no but, there was this joke running around the atheist boards after I started modding at TMZ that I would eventually get into heaven " for services to Islam by helping the site out, people learn, and defending Muslims at atheist websites. I mean they were all joking, but if you were right and I wrong would this save my soul or no? I am guessing no.
I know its a dumb question but one to many people made the joke to me and it got stuck in my head.

Peace

Mick
Allah has created life and death as a trial to see who amongst mankind is best in his deeds. The only ones whose deeds will be accepted in the afterlife will be those who believed in Allah.

ATHEISTofPEACE
04-15-2009, 04:07 PM
Oh my, I can not believe I finally asked that. Yeah that's what I thought. Does that ever bother you?

AntiKarateKid
04-15-2009, 04:17 PM
Everything is judged by intention. If you don't belive in Allah and do good deeds for His sake, then logically you are doing deeds for material benefit.

Whether your reasons be:

1. It makes me feel like a better person
2. It made the other person happy
3. They helped me after

etc etc, your works are based subtley or overtly on seeing a reward in this life, which necessarily ties into and degrades your sense of morality

A good Muslim, who does works for Allah's sake, is superior because his morality is not affected by the reactions of the people around him or the inticement of any material rewards.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ATHEISTofPEACE
04-15-2009, 04:24 PM
How is doing a good deed for Allah more moral? You are doing it out of fear and desire to get into paradise. How is that more moral then helping some one because it makes some one else happy?

Please I have no idea how this could be so.

Forced_In
04-15-2009, 04:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AntiKarateKid
A good Muslim, who does works for Allah's sake, is superior because his morality is not affected by the reactions of the people around him or the inticement of any material rewards.
assalam

This should make those whom claim to be moslems cautious too. Not every one who says I am a moslem is actually considered one.

Ali_Cena
04-15-2009, 06:10 PM
Hey Mick

Peace Mick
Short answer no, long answer noooooooooooooooooooo, nah just kidding with ya, well atheist obviously has his/her chances in hell more than heaven, which is because they are rejecting the one who created them, but Mick I think you will start to change your mind hopefully after coming here inshallah (God willing) I mean you’re still young.
Another thing

Also Allah knows best, for Allah is the most forgiving. Hopefully we will be forgived for our sins imsad

Yeah that's what I thought. Does that ever bother you?
No, I mean you choose willingly to be atheist, so when the time for judgment comes, you have your reasons on why you will be in hell, (and by the way if you didn’t know this hell isn’t eternal, the number of times I have seen eternal hell....)

Peace

Hamza Asadullah
04-15-2009, 11:17 PM

Peace

Mick
Hello hope your well. The Prophet Muhammed's (Peace be upon him) uncle Abu Talib raised the Prophet and helped him so much but when he was on his death bed the Prophet (Peace be upon him) told Abu Talib to sat the Kalima (The proclamation of faith) but Abu Talib could'nt and he died a disbeliever. This is an example to all of us that Imaan (Faith) is ONLY in the hands of Allah and ONLY he knows what is in the deepest regions of our hearts.
He says in the Qur'an that if he wanted to he could guide the whole of mankind but he will ONLY guide the people who he wants to according to their hearts and have they got hearts of believers or have they got hearts full of pride,ignorance and arrogance that they will not accept that they have been created and will be reckoned.
Just because someone is a Muslim it does not mean that they will gain salvation certainly NOT. One has to practise not just be a Muslim by name.
Only Allah knows who will die with faith and who will die without.
We have limited time in this earth and Allah says in the Qur'an that we have been created and we shall certainly return to him. Every soul shall taste death!
I would really recommend that you read about the life of the most remarkable man in the history of mankind the seal of the prophets and the ONLY prophet that was sent to the WHOLE of mankind whereas all other prophets were sent to their people. The beloved and blessed Prophet Muhammed (Peace be upon him). Read his life story aswell as looking deeply into Islam and the Qur'an because clarity comes with knowledge and open your heart to wanting to find the truth and you will certainly get signs leading you to the truth.

I hope you don't mind me pasting these website links for you to learn more about the beautiful way of life of Islam! You will find these extremely interesting and beneficial! If you need to know anything else or need any help then please feel free to contact me and please don't hesitate! Thank you!

This is a brief guide to understanding Islam: http://www.islam-guide.com/

What Is The Purpose Of Life?: http://www.beconvinced.com/archive/e...ted%20Articles

Introduction to the Islamic Faith

http://saif_w.tripod.com/explore/basics.htm

The Qur'an - The Miracle of miracles:http://www.angelfire.com/vi/islam/miracle_of_quran.htm

Preservation of the Qur’an: http://yusufpatel.wordpress.com/2008...-of-the-quran/

Did Prophet Muhammad Write the Qur'an?http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...ah%2FLSELayout

For More Information on Islam: http://www.islam-guide.com/more/

THE PROPHET MUHAMMAD(peace be upon him): http://www.harunyahya.com/prophetmuhammad01.php

Download the FULL English translation of the Qur'an

http://www.dar-us-salam.com/TheNobleQuran/index.html

Download Loads of FREE Islamic E books including the Qur'an

http://www.islamicbulletin.com/servi..._p1.aspx#link1

Evidence Islam is Truth

http://www.islamreligion.com/category/33/

How to Convert to Islam and Become a Muslim

http://www.islamreligion.com/articles/204/

coddles76
04-16-2009, 02:04 AM

Peace

Mick
Its only by the Mercy of Allah SWT that anyone will enter Paradise and onlu Allah SWT with his infinite wisdom knows who will or not be there. My advice is that you still have time to perform the actions to atleast give you a good enough chance to enter paradise as long as your are here on earth. Once your time has come to an end you will no longer have the chance and then the decision will remain with Allah SWT. He has already specified whats required to enter those sacred gates so don't ignore them or take them as a mockery because it seriously isn't a joke.

ATHEISTofPEACE
04-16-2009, 05:47 AM
Is not the reward of heaven or the fear of hell not a good reason to be a moral person?

What if an atheist dies a mytrs death defending and server Islam and Muslims?

Maybe the reason the atheist did this was because he found the side attack Muslims and Islam wrong and it bothered him so much moraly. He stood up because he thought it was the right thing to do and for no other reason then that.....

coddles76
04-16-2009, 06:14 AM
I thought just came to me and I though I'd share it with you my newly found friend Atheistofpeace.
Say (Hypothetically) that one day Allah SWT decides to guide you to islam and you are no longer a believer of atheism. What would you change your nickname to?

ATHEISTofPEACE
04-16-2009, 02:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by coddles76
I thought just came to me and I though I'd share it with you my newly found friend Atheistofpeace.
Say (Hypothetically) that one day Allah SWT decides to guide you to islam and you are no longer a believer of atheism. What would you change your nickname to?
Seeker of peace. *I think* May I ask why you ask? It was a great question. I'll think on it more.

@ the rest of you I will reply when I get home today or after my next class. This one was quick to reply to.

Thanks
Peace
Mick

Ali_Cena
04-16-2009, 03:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by coddles76
:sl:
Coddles your thoughts are too funny man, hope you are doing well.

Mashallah you see our new friend AoP seems a good open minded person, and inshallah let us try our hardest to hopefully get this good person into the truth.

Inshallah

Peace
:w:

Woodrow
04-16-2009, 10:44 PM
Is not the reward of heaven or the fear of hell not a good reason to be a moral person?

What if an atheist dies a mytrs death defending and server Islam and Muslims?

Maybe the reason the atheist did this was because he found the side attack Muslims and Islam wrong and it bothered him so much moraly. He stood up because he thought it was the right thing to do and for no other reason then that.....

Very profound thought and an excellent question.

I do not know who will go to Jannah (Heaven) I have no way of knowing a person's intents or what is in their hearts. I do not know or even understand the mercy Allaah(swt) will bestow on any individual. I only know Allaah(swt) is an infinetly fair judge and is the most merciful.

Technically, I doubt if a non-Muslim could be a Martyr. To die as a Martyr one has to die for Allaah(swt) and in the service of Allaah(swt) I do not comprehend how a person can serve Allaah(swt) if they do not knowingly accept
Allaah(swt) as being the only one worthy of worship and worship to the best of his/her abilities.

Now, I can understand a non-Muslim willing to die to protect Muslims and/or to stop injustices to Islam. I will agree that is a very noble and honorable act. But, at what point or to what degree would it be serving Allaah(swt) I do not know.

Now that I have told you a very small percentage of what I do not know, I will tell you virtually everything I do know.

1. I know all of mankind will be judged

2. I know we will be judged as individual

3. I know we will be judged for our actions and our intents.

4. I know we will each be judged with pure fairness, justice and mercy.

5. I know I do not have the ability to judge others and it is not up to me who will or will not reach Jannah.

I know this has left your question unansweed to a large degree. But, the reality is each of us are the only one responsible for our own actions and it is our responsibility to seek that which will lead to Jannah. The choice is always ours as to what path we take and only each of us can understand if we are acting with sincerity and for the proper reasons.

ATHEISTofPEACE
04-16-2009, 10:59 PM
Could some one quote me what the Koran says about martyrs and heavens?

Tony
04-16-2009, 11:06 PM
You need to say shahada, but Allah alone knows and grabts mercy to those he likes. What I will say is that you seem to be one of those genuine people that I truly hope accepts Islam and is saved. Its not an attempt at conversion, its the nicest thing I can hope for you. Keep asking questions, who knows

جوري
04-23-2009, 02:10 AM
seeking pleasure or avoiding punishment shouldn't be your goal for being moral, although it is a good incentive..
I can think of a million other reason..
see this thread:

http://www.islamicboard.com/comparat...nt-please.html

afif95
05-01-2009, 07:17 AM
I am new here. :sl:to all my Islamic brothers and sisters whilst hello to ones who are not Islam.

Anyway, going back into the topic, I understand why you want to ask this question:

How is doing a good deed for Allah more moral? You are doing it out of fear and desire to get into paradise. How is that more moral then helping some one because it makes some one else happy?

Please I have no idea how this could be so

I'll answer it to the best of my 14-year old capabilities. My answers are still in doubt, so let's wait for someone to confirm first :-[.

Doing a good deed for Allah is doing good deed without expecting anything (e.g., money, fame), a word to describe this is "Ikhlas". Then so, as an example, I am donating to the charity, Ikhlas.

Doing a good deed to make other people happy is also considered Ikhlas (Without expecting anything). So it's "All-in-one"

In short: Doing things for Allah (Ikhlas) is more moral than doing things to make people happy.

Then again, due to my lack of Islamic knowledge, I could be wrong. Forgive me if I am wrong.

ummsara1108
05-02-2009, 04:20 AM
Honestly in my opinion, no one can tell another person wheather they are or are not going to heaven, That is for the judge to decide and we humans are not the judge, ONLY GOD IS.

It amazes me how alot but not all religious ppl know the destiny of others...lol...if more ppl concentrated on themselves instead of others we as humans may get along better.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.