/* */

PDA

View Full Version : 100 lashes.....

AnonymousPoster
04-15-2009, 10:25 PM
salam

I commited adultery 4 years ago when i was 13.... yea i know it was wrong, and i repent every single day for it... i was reading on the punishments for it.. and i came across this site that say you have to get lashed 100 times.. i would like to do this in order to help my conscience heal over this stupid sin... i feel like its the only way ill be forgiven... i just want to know if this is true, and how would i go about dealing with this.. like would i get lashed by a stick.. a belt.. a whip ?? Please help..

Salam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ahmed_indian
04-26-2009, 11:50 AM
salaam,

if the case comes to authority, the person is lashed 100 times to prevent others frm doing it.

but if its between Allah and u, then u just keep asking His forgiveness and repenting that u will not do it again.

dont worry about getting lashes.

and Allah is Most Merciful.

'Abd-al Latif
04-26-2009, 11:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
salam

I commited adultery 4 years ago when i was 13.... yea i know it was wrong, and i repent every single day for it... i was reading on the punishments for it.. and i came across this site that say you have to get lashed 100 times.. i would like to do this in order to help my conscience heal over this stupid sin... i feel like its the only way ill be forgiven... i just want to know if this is true, and how would i go about dealing with this.. like would i get lashed by a stick.. a belt.. a whip ?? Please help..

Salam
Are you sure it was adultry? Because adultry is illegal sexual relations with another person while you are married. If you are unmarried then it is called fornication.

The Ruler
04-26-2009, 11:54 AM
There's no deffinite number of lashes nor is the punishment absolute. It's upto the person in charge to deal with something like that.

But as ahmed_indian already said, if you're sincere with your repentace, Allah won't turn away from you.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
'Abd-al Latif
04-26-2009, 12:03 PM
The woman and the man guilty of adultery or fornication,- flog each of them with a hundred stripes: Let not compassion move you in their case, in a matter prescribed by Allah, if ye believe in Allah and the Last Day: and let a party of the Believers witness their punishment. [Surah Noor 24:2]+

However it should also be known it is only the person in authority who can carry this out.

Also, Allah can forgive any sin. Are you saying that there is a sin so big that Allah cannot forgive you?

The Ruler
04-26-2009, 12:35 PM
^Aha. My bad. I got mixed with the punishment for thieving and stoning and made a cocktail out of it all. My apologies.

Snowflake
04-26-2009, 02:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif
The woman and the man guilty of adultery or fornication,- flog each of them with a hundred stripes: Let not compassion move you in their case, in a matter prescribed by Allah, if ye believe in Allah and the Last Day: and let a party of the Believers witness their punishment. [Surah Noor 24:2]+

However it should also be known it is only the person in authority who can carry this out.

Also, Allah can forgive any sin. Are you saying that there is a sin so big that Allah cannot forgive you?
So do adultery and fornication carry the same punishment (100 lashes)? What about stoning?

أبو سليمان عمر
04-26-2009, 03:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
salam

Salam
Well keep it to your self Allah disclosed your info so you dont need to put it out there and repent do good deeds and May Allah forgive you Ameen the punishment of 100 lashes is if it is known you did it if you are quite about it no one knows repent to Allah Ask for his forgiveness Repentance is a matter between a person and his Lord so you commited a big sin now do some real Repentance

أبو سليمان عمر
04-26-2009, 03:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah
So do adultery and fornication carry the same punishment (100 lashes)? What about stoning?
narrated by Imam Muslim in his Saheeh (3199) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “For a married or previously-married person the punishment is one hundred lashes and stoning.”

أبو سليمان عمر
04-26-2009, 03:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by The Ruler
There's no deffinite number of lashes nor is the punishment absolute. It's upto the person in charge to deal with something like that.

But as ahmed_indian already said, if you're sincere with your repentace, Allah won't turn away from you.
Yes if a person doesnt speak about it and tell people his sin the punishment cant be carried out so a person should never tell his/her sins and repent for them

idk
04-26-2009, 03:46 PM
Dont worry about it, it has already happened and beating yourself up about it will not help - HOWEVER you should repent, every day through good and bad, dont let this sin ruin your life, thats no good, just pray to allah, wear hijab, dont look at guys, dont flirt, etc. Basicly dont do anything that could possibly lead you to doing that again.
From then on its up to allah to forgive you, but allah is fair and will misjudge no one.

It was a mistake, everyone makes mistakes, and however HUGE they are Allah will forgive you as long as the sun doesnt rise from the west an as long as your soul doesnt reach your throat.

Good luck : )

Salams

Snowflake
04-27-2009, 03:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umar^111
narrated by Imam Muslim in his Saheeh (3199) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “For a married or previously-married person the punishment is one hundred lashes and stoning.”
http://www.irfi.org/articles/article...ot_shariah.htm

check out this bro. It's from the same site bro Ansar Al-'Adl posted this article from: http://www.islamicboard.com/comparat...interior.html?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.