/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How to write in Arabic

Faseeha
04-16-2009, 05:08 PM
:sl:

I know this is a silly question but i was just wondering, how to you type in arabic, and can it be done in microsoft word or do you need a different programme? Any help will be appreciated as I have an assignment due real soon and need to type it out!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
GreyKode
04-16-2009, 05:18 PM
Using microsoft word, try pressing the ctrl+shift combination I don't remember either left or right, but you have to have the arabic language enabled in your windows.

Vito
04-16-2009, 05:32 PM
Heres one way of adding a language if you haven't already:

1. click "Start"
2. go to "Control Panel"
3. open "Regional and Language Options"
4. click on the "Languages" tab at the top
5. click the "Details" button
6. click the "Add" button in the center and add whatever you want and click ok.
7. in the bottom right corner of your task bar you should see a new button there (it will probably say EN or AR). click on that to switch between languages that you've added.

Using microsoft word, try pressing the ctrl+shift combination I don't remember either left or right, but you have to have the arabic language enabled in your windows.
Think the default is left alt + shift, or at least for me it is.

GreyKode
04-16-2009, 05:34 PM
^I guess youre right, I always forget it so I try all 4 combinations :D.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ali.
04-16-2009, 05:34 PM
Alternatively you could visit http://www.studiolina.com/misc/arabickeyboard.html.

Angel
04-16-2009, 05:42 PM
cool,

Faseeha
04-17-2009, 07:43 AM
Jazakallah for all the replies. will use the arabic keyboard.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.