/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Wife’s permission before traveling?

dilkadr
04-17-2009, 01:53 AM
:sl:

Does a man need to get his wife’s permission before traveling?

I heard that a man must seek his wife’s permission before long journeys of more that 4 days and 4 nights.

Please confirm or correct this information I have. I would appreciate if ref. from Quran and / or Sunah provided.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Cern
04-17-2009, 02:59 PM
I was interested in the question so I started looking around and I found this from another site << Link >>

Wa`alaykum As-Salaamu Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

All praise and thanks are due to Allah, and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger.

First of all, it is to be stressed that the relations between the spouses should be based on tranquility, love and mercy. Allah says, "And among His Signs is this, that He created for you mates from among yourselves, that you may dwell in tranquility with them, and He has put love and mercy between your (hearts): verily in that are Signs for those who reflect." (al-Rum 30:21)

The husband and wife should care for each other. Their relationship should be based on mutual understanding, respect, and they should have mercy and kindness for each other.

In his response to the question, Dr. Marawan Shahin, Professor of Hadith and its Sciences, Faculty of Usul Ad-Din, Al-Azhar University, states the following:

"First of all, a husband should let his wife accompany him as long as this is not impossible or extremely difficult. `A'ishah (may Allah be pleased with her) reported: "Whenever Allah's Messenger wanted to go on a journey, he would draw lots as to which of his wives would accompany him. He would take her whose name came out."

The general rule is that a husband should let his wife to accompany him on his journey regardless of the costs, and whether or not it will decrease his savings.

This is because by being together, the spouses will be in an atmosphere that will enable them to preserve their chastity and be away from haram.

However, if there is a necessity that renders it extremely difficult for the wife to accompany her husband, then he should seek her permission before traveling alone. If she willingly agrees, then he is still required not to be away from her for more than four months and to try his best to lessen this period as much as he can.

One night Caliph `Umar Ibn Al-Khattab (may Allah be pleased with him) was making his rounds of Madinah when he heard a woman singing and complaining of being alone, deprived of her husband. Upon investigation, `Umar (may Allah be pleased with him) found that the woman's husband had been on a military expedition for a long time. He then asked his daughter, Hafsah, a widow of the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him), "How long can a woman endure separation from her husband?" She replied, "Four months." As a consequence, he decided that he would not send a married man away from his wife for a period exceeding four months.

In short, the husband should first let his wife accompany him; if this is not possible, he should seek her permission and not be away from her for more than four months, while doing his utmost to decrease the period of four months as well."

dilkadr
04-17-2009, 11:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Cern
I was interested in the question so I started looking around and I found this from another site << Link >>
Thanks bro,

I myself found it on the net. It is pretty satisfactory.

Furthermore, I need Quranic [which Ayaat Mubarka are/is ground of it] support for this ruling.

I think, I read somewhere, that a husband and wife must live in same house or if rephrased the A man must keep his wife and children in the same house in which he lives himself.

أبو سليمان عمر
04-18-2009, 01:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by dilkadr
Thanks bro,

I myself found it on the net. It is pretty satisfactory.

Furthermore, I need Quranic [which Ayaat Mubarka are/is ground of it] support for this ruling.

I think, I read somewhere, that a husband and wife must live in same house or if rephrased the A man must keep his wife and children in the same house in which he lives himself.
Asalam wa alakum
I havnt seen or heard that a man needs to ask for permission but i have heard a man can be away from wife for longer then a 6 month period unless there is a good excuse ?
inshallah this link can help not sure if it what u are looking for
http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/102311

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
أبو سليمان عمر
04-18-2009, 01:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umar^111
Asalam wa alakum
I havnt seen or heard that a man needs to ask for permission but i have heard a man can be away from wife for longer then a 6 month period unless there is a good excuse ?
inshallah this link can help not sure if it what u are looking for
can= cant:)

Strzelecki
04-18-2009, 04:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umar^111
can= cant:)
The Prophet (saws) sometimes spent more than 6 months away. :)

Some battles he (saws) was involved in lasted upto 18 months, did they not?

Yanal
04-18-2009, 05:14 AM
Why would you go on the journey more then four days and not tell your wife who will go mad searching for you? This question is asked regardless of the answer of the original question.

أبو سليمان عمر
04-18-2009, 06:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sayf Udeen
The Prophet (saws) sometimes spent more than 6 months away. :)

Some battles he (saws) was involved in lasted upto 18 months, did they not?
akhi indeed but isnt that considered a good excuse? pls read this and tell me if you understand what im trying to say
Jazak Allahu khayr

أبو سليمان عمر
04-18-2009, 06:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal
Why would you go on the journey more then four days and not tell your wife who will go mad searching for you? This question is asked regardless of the answer of the original question.
Indeed a man should tell her but the Question is do you need to ask for permission akhi :)
Asalam wa alakum

Sahabiyaat
04-18-2009, 09:17 AM
:D lol lil yanal!

ofcourse someone wouldnt just stroll off without saying anything, unless he is angry with you and there is no more effective way of punishing someone than ignoring them, as dumbledore said! ; carelessness and neglect are often worse than outright dislike!

back on topic!

dilkadr
08-06-2009, 11:43 PM
Telling means husband just tell his wife about his traveling or absence

Asking permission means husband needs his wife's consent and agreement

Asking and Telling are different things

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.