/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Chicken A La Carte

crayon
04-17-2009, 05:02 PM
http://www.cultureunplugged.com/play...ken-a-la-Carte

This video had me in tears. SubhanAllah.imsad

Just a reminder for us to thank Allah for all the blessings he has bestowed upon us, and for us to remember the poor and hungry, and do our part to lessen their suffering. On the day of judgment, we will be asked what we did with our wealth, we will be asked what we did when we saw such films, such people. Did we just walk away and pretend we didn't see it? Or did we actually try to do something about it?

The least a person can do is make dua'a. After reading this and watching the movie, please take a minute or two to just make dua'a for all impoverished, hungry, and destitute people in the world. Also reflect on how blessed we all are.

The video contains music, but you can just put it on mute. You won't miss anything, there's no talking, and the lyrics are printed at the bottom of the screen.

May Allah guide us all, and ease the suffering of all people all over the world.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ali.
04-17-2009, 05:12 PM
imsad

Makes me say alhamdulillah..

Thanks for sharing.

FatimaAsSideqah
04-17-2009, 05:25 PM
:cry: Subhan'Allah!

One of the most widespread and dangerous problems faced by humanity is that of poverty, hunger and starvation.

There is nothing more horrifying than the realization that as we live our happy lives here, millions of our fellow human beings live in hunger and face starvation.

Alhamdulillah for gives us happy life and keeps our tummy to be filled. And may Allah Taala eases their suffering in this Earth and gives them to be happiness in the Hereafter.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-17-2009, 05:28 PM
Ah man imsad That's really sad.

Alhamdulillah for everything :cry:

Ameen to the du'a.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Musaafirah
04-17-2009, 05:51 PM
Thanks for sharing. :(

~Raynn~
04-17-2009, 06:02 PM
:cry: That's shocking.

Bint-Al-Islam
04-17-2009, 06:16 PM
Salam Alekum
Thanx 4 sharing it.. It was sad to see this imsad
Alhamdulillah.. May Allah eases the suffering and grant them happniess 2 this world and the hereafter.. Ameen,..

NIKKY
04-17-2009, 10:10 PM
that ws such a touching and sad video.....

ayan333
04-17-2009, 11:30 PM
:sl:

SubhanALLAH!!!!!!!!!

That is soooooooo sad..beyond sad...i was jus complaining about being hungrey...

:w:

جوري
04-18-2009, 05:30 AM
sob7an Allah, eating other folks' refuse and still having a genuine smile on their face..
This made me really sad.. vids like this make me feel that I have no right to any sort of complaints none whatsoever..

Jazaki Allah khyran for sharing..

nebula
04-18-2009, 06:32 AM
this is just so sad! i wont ever complain about anything ever again!

أبو سليمان عمر
04-18-2009, 06:45 AM
Alahumdulillah for everything indeed that is sad

burdenofbeing
04-18-2009, 07:02 AM
nothing to see here.

جوري
04-18-2009, 07:07 AM
I don't think it is a matter of which documentary is most convincing -- it is a reminder to us, that there are people far worst than we are and that we are to take care of --them, Hunger is a problem to the majority of folks inhabiting this world and it doesn't matter if poorly made or shabbily made, this is their reality!

:w:

nebula
04-18-2009, 07:17 AM
^ woah thats a very sad picture sis, i think i know why that vulcher is waiting... its sad to see how people are suffering around the world, the world has both extreme ends, some people are extremely wealthy and have abundants of food etc yet some people are extremely poor and hardly have handfull of food amongst their whole familys! :cry:

Silver Pearl
04-18-2009, 09:03 AM
That was so heart breaking :cry:imsad

ardianto
04-18-2009, 05:22 PM
That is a good short movie.

I can understand why some sisters and brother feel sad after they watch that short movie, that's because they never saw a reality in poor countries in South East Asia, some rich people can eat everything that they want and poor people must eat 'garbage'.

I see sister Gosamer Skye show us a photo from Africa. But I think I must tell her, that's different. Maybe there is no food in Africa's rural. However, in South East Asia, food are available in everywhere but poor people have no money for buy it.

That Philipine short movie is based from daily reality. And if you have a sympathi and you want to visit them, I suggest you to visit them today, because tomorow you will see some heavy equpiment are used for break their wooden cabin and built a residental houses or bussines buliding for rich people. And you will see those poor people are confused in a question "Where will we go now ?".

Danah
06-19-2009, 11:59 PM
Asalam Alykom

This is a film that got a reward for the best short film competition(6 minutes only)
Its very touching one, and aimed to deliver a message to all people of the world

the name of the movie was Chicken a la Carte, I wonder if you watched it before because it was in 2006, but it worth watching anyways!

Enjoy: http://www.cultureunplugged.com/play...ken-a-la-Carte

there is a background music on the film

BlissfullyJaded
06-20-2009, 12:43 AM

Omg... That made me sad. I was watching in the beginning, and like um ok what's the pointt? And thenn it hit me as I kept watching. SubhanAllah, we take so much for granted. :(

The Ruler
06-20-2009, 01:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jawharah
I was watching in the beginning, and like um ok what's the pointt?
I was admiring the food.

... And then there was sad stuff.

sister herb
06-20-2009, 08:36 AM

That made me sad too even I read similar stories every day. I work for human rights for Gaza and fight against its siege. People in there don´t actually die to hungry but malnutrition of little kids and pregnant women cause problems. Some people eat almost only waste and crass daily.

imsad

When I have some extra money I will send it to some family to Gaza and ask to buy something to their children.

Thanks about video. I hope it will open eyes ot people whose have more than they need.

sister herb
06-20-2009, 05:39 PM
Ooops I forgot.

At Ramadan I send money for sweets for kids, just put smile to their faces.

:D

It helps me to think those smiles are waiting me at the judgement day.

:-[

youngsister
06-22-2009, 01:13 PM
I dont even know what to say. SubhanALLAH.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.