/* */

PDA

View Full Version : OMG How scary..

youngsister
04-18-2009, 05:10 PM
Salam Alekum Check this..

Family on holiday in Australia for a week and a half when husband, wife and their 15 year old son decided to go scuba diving. The husband is in the navy and has had some scuba experience. His son wanted a picture of his mum and dad in all their gear so he got the under water camera ready to go. When it came to taking the picture the dad realized that the son looked like he was panicking as he took it and gave the 'OK' hand sign to see if he was all right.

The son took the picture and swam to the surface and back to the boat as quickly as he could, so the mum and dad followed to see if he was okay. When they got back to him he was scrambling onto the boat and absolutely panicking. When the parents asked him why, he said 'there was a shark behind you.' The dad thought his son was joking, but the skipper of the boat said it was true, but he didn't believe him either. As soon as they got back to the hotel they loaded the picture onto the laptop and this is what they saw.

http://i44.tinypic.com/2uzpm4y.jpg

Would you have stayed to take that picture?
I know I would have had a heart attack on the spot.

I guess the fact that the boy didnt didnt agitate the parents is a good thing

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
nebula
04-18-2009, 05:12 PM
lol woah thats a big shark!, is this story real? or was that picture photoshoped somehow :P

FatimaAsSideqah
04-18-2009, 05:14 PM
:skeleton: how lucky are they!! I hope they did thankful to our Lord that they are still alive! :X

Jazaak'Allah Khair for scary infomation and picture of huge white shark!

crayon
04-18-2009, 05:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by youngsister
Yes.:D

This reminds me of a quote I love

"If you would find yourself in a situation where you could either save a drowning man, or take a Pulitzer prize winning photograph of him drowning... what kind of film would you use?":X

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AntiKarateKid
04-18-2009, 05:28 PM
I believe it is a fake. I checked around a bit and people seem to agree that it is a photoshop like this picture.

أبو سليمان عمر
04-18-2009, 05:32 PM
i wouldnt be down there in first place:)
"Hiya maytatun waahidah, fal takun fee sabeelillah"
The death is only once, so let it be in the Path of Allah.
is it a real story mashallah if it is the boy has courage

Güven
04-18-2009, 05:42 PM
lol that definitely looks photoshopped .

I mean come on , a shark of that size swimming in the area , and they are not cautious of it?

and The shark isnt supposed to come that close to humans anyway , unless hes about to open his mouth, wich i doubt.

أبو سليمان عمر
04-18-2009, 05:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
lol that definitely looks photoshopped .

I mean come on , a shark of that size swimming in the area , and they are not cautious of it?

and The shark isnt supposed to come that close to humans anyway , unless hes about to open his mouth, wich i doubt.
Allah knows best could be maybe it isnt who knows right ;)

GreyKode
04-18-2009, 05:46 PM
reminds of Finding Nemo

Ali.
04-18-2009, 05:49 PM
I think Güven's right.. sharks are known to only come close to humans once threatened.. or extremely hungry (it would've eaten them by the time the pic' was snapped).. otherwise they usually stay well away and humans are known to be able to scare them!

*Yasmin*
04-18-2009, 05:52 PM
:|:|
OMG
no need to ask :D

ardianto
04-18-2009, 05:57 PM
A big shark ?. Hey, that is in holywood movie.

I have saw real sharks in Jakarta Seaworld, and they are smaller.

Danah
04-18-2009, 05:57 PM
wow :skeleton::skeleton: I think it might be fake, but even though its scary

but this.........
format_quote Originally Posted by AntiKarateKid
I believe it is a fake. I checked around a bit and people seem to agree that it is a photoshop like this picture.

http://whiteafrican.com/wp-content/Shark_Attack_01.jpg
I am still imagine what if thats true :skeleton::skeleton: facing the shark that way :blind:

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-18-2009, 07:22 PM
It doesn't look photoshopped. The second photo does, not the main story picture. Allahu Alam. If your still it can come by you but not hurt you..

I've watched documentaries with people around sharks and the shark not harming them unless it paniced or you did something to provoke it...soo....

ayesha309
04-18-2009, 07:29 PM
sharks dont like to eat humans. there is too much bone and too little meat. It's actually the most untastiest meat; if they were hungry for days, then perhaps they may eat a human as a last resort. However, if when poeple are scuba diving and they expose their hands in the water for a while, and it becomes cold and white, then sharks may mistaken it for fish. Otherwise, sharks don't like to eat humans. I had a professor who went swimming with sharks in the Carribean. Although it was not the great white shark that he swam with. Nonetheless, he swam with sharks, and lived to tell us the story!

FatimaAsSideqah
04-18-2009, 07:36 PM
great white sharks are selective hunters that would rather eat fat seals than bony human beings. It's the maintenance of that high core temperature that makes him think great whites need the energy contained in seal fat and don't intend to kill humans. The fat in seals' outer coats makes up half their body weight and has twice the calories of muscle. Seals and sea lions, not people, are Power Bars for the white shark.

Mysterious Uk
04-18-2009, 08:28 PM
cue creepy jaws music *dunna duunnnaaa dunadunaduna*
I was rather suspicious too, i mean what silly person goes scuba diving in waters that can have sharks lurking in them? If that actually happened would have been cool tho.

Ummu Sufyaan
04-19-2009, 11:59 AM
:sl:
format_quote Originally Posted by youngsister
finding nemo! :ooh:
tis a beautiful shark tho

Malaikah
04-19-2009, 12:17 PM
It's actually not unheard of to have attacks by great white sharks in Australian beaches. There is always a handful every summer, and they make big news.

I think that picture is a fake though... for one thing, look at the pattern of the light on the shark, you don't see that on the two people.

ardianto
04-19-2009, 01:13 PM
Please see these :

www.greatwhiteadventures.com

Wait until you see a shark.

www.hoax-slayer.com/shark-behind-divers.shtml

Look first and second photo.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.