/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ghusl Questions. fast Answers please time to pray soon.

pvg8260
04-18-2009, 05:43 PM
Assalam Aleykum

i have some questions regarding Ghusl.

As far as i understand it, this is the way it goes.

1. You wash your hands including wrists.
2. You wash your private parts front and back.
3. You make Wuduu but you don't wash your feet till you have finished the ghusl.
4. You pour water over your body 3 times. starting with right side and than left side.

Questions:

1) when it comes to pour water over the body three times. is the water supposed to go down to the legs? Are you allowed to take a normal shower?

2) when making Ghusl can you do it in the bathtub with running water coming from shower head?

3) Are you allowed to use soap while washing the private parts? or pouring water over your body?

4) when it comes to washing your feet, am i allowed to wash my feet in the bathroom sink. Meaning i finished making my ghusl i get out of bathtub and go to the sink.

5) when do you put water in your mouth and nose?

6) How many things has to be done 3 times.

Sorry for the many question but the information keep changing from one website to another. So I'm not sure which to follow.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ahmed_indian
04-26-2009, 11:45 AM
salaam brother,

“The proper method of ghusl (ritual bath) involves the following steps:

1. Make the niyyah (intention) to perform ghusl for purification.

2. Wash your private parts thoroughly with water.

3. Perform wudu’ (ablution) except for washing of your feet, which you can do later while bathing the body.

4. Wash the entire body, starting with your head and the right side, followed by the left.

5. It is preferred that the whole body be washed three times. The minimum is once.

Having completed the above, you are considered eligible to perform the salah (prayer).”

(Excerpted, with slight modifications, from: www.islam.ca)

yes u can use soap and use shower

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.