/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why is "Allah" a male?

allabepraised
04-19-2009, 03:51 AM
I would like to question the scriptures and question how "Allah" is a man. Why not a woman? aren't women equal to men? also I think women should be able to display their natural beauty, surely if Allah mean't for them to cover it up it would have been so naturally?

Please, how do you justify this.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Malaikah
04-19-2009, 10:05 AM
Allah is not a male! God has no gender.

And no, women should not display their beauty for any man to perve at.

Ali_Cena
04-19-2009, 10:52 AM
wow... man you have totally misunderstood islam, God is gender-less man, he is not like his creation unlike christian "from his image".

Furthermore could you provide evidence of this claim?

burdenofbeing
04-19-2009, 11:23 AM
Allah is not a man.
women aren't equal to men.
you shave, get on plane, ride a car. how does it fare with naturality?

not a nice first post I guess, but welcome at any rate.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
alqurma
04-19-2009, 12:47 PM
quoting from http://www.islamtomorrow.com/allah.asp
Allah = Has no gender (not male and not female)
* "He" is used only out of respect and dignity - not for gender

allabepraised
04-19-2009, 01:58 PM
Well, other than everyone calling 'Allah' him.... kinda obvious.

Also men dont perve over a womans beauty, you really think its natural to be covered up? shouldn't men be covered up so women dont see their 'beauty'? it really does not make sense.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-19-2009, 02:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah
Allah is not a male! God has no gender.

And no, women should not display their beauty for any man to perve at.
:thumbs_up

Yanal
04-19-2009, 07:35 PM
He is called only "he" you call an inanimate object "he" does that mean it is a male?

elee
04-19-2009, 07:35 PM
God does not have gender, but people perceive Him like He has one, because it is natural for humans to try to imagine how somebody or something what we haven't seen yet looks like.
And women should cover up.. we're not like any other creature on this planet if you haven't noticed.

FatimaAsSideqah
04-19-2009, 11:55 PM
Greetings.

God is simply Allah, the God; never Father. The divine is referred to by the masculine pronoun: Allah is He ( huwa ); but the grammarians and exegetes concur that this is not even allegoric: Arabic has no neuter, and the use of the masculine is normal in Arabic for genderless nouns. No male preponderance is implied, any more than feminity is implied by the grammatically female gender of neuter plurals.

Allah as one completely without sex or race, and thus completely un-patriarchal.

transition?
04-20-2009, 12:31 AM
I don't Arabic myself, learning it though.
I remember reading that in the Quran, the pronouns for God are constantly switched so we don't associate Allah (swt) with a gender.

Woodrow
04-20-2009, 12:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by allabepraised
shouldn't men be covered up so women dont see their 'beauty'? it really does not make sense.

We do cover very similar to the way women do. Us men are required to cover when in the presence of non-family females.

Come to think of it the same degree of modesty applies to all of the Judeo/Christian/Islamic faiths. It is only recently that some Christians stopped dressing modestly. Perhaps the question should be "Why have some Western Christians stopped dressing as their religion taught them to?"

To be fair some Christians and Jews do retain modest dress and do cover.

أبو سليمان عمر
04-20-2009, 12:51 AM
Allah = Has no gender (not male and not female)
"He" is used only out of respect and dignity - not for gender
Allah = Always singular - Never plural
"We" is used only as the "Royal WE" just as in English for royalty
Allah = Means "The Only One to be Worshipped"

from GODALLAH.COM

roohani.doctor
04-20-2009, 01:14 AM
First off, Allah is called "He" out of respect. Calling Allah "it" or "she" would not be appropriate. Allah is not like you or I, no one has seen him and therefore no one knows what he truly looks like. Allah tells us in the Quran that nothing in the universe resembles Him.

Both men and women are required to cover up in Islam. Covering up has always been a sign of modesty. If all the females (and men for that matter) started to display their "natural beauty" the world would be full of lust and desire and shameful notions, non?

“And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what must ordinarily appear thereof; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms and not display their beauty except to their husbands, their fathers, their husbands' fathers, their sons, their husbands' sons, their brothers, or their brothers' sons or their sisters' sons….” (Quran 24:31).”

Also, nowadays, it is common to see men wearing jeans/shorts and t shirts (i.e. being covered up mostly) whereas women clothes get tighter and shorter. Everyday I see men openly staring and making remarks about women passing by etc. Women displaying their natural beauty spend hours trying to look beautiful and pleasing to the eyes of strangers. In Islam, a woman's beauty is saved for her husband. It is not meant to be displayed to the public.

islamlover_girl
04-21-2009, 12:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by allabepraised
Well, other than everyone calling 'Allah' him.... kinda obvious.

Also men dont perve over a womans beauty, you really think its natural to be covered up? shouldn't men be covered up so women dont see their 'beauty'? it really does not make sense.
Allah is totally diffrent than any of his creations,Allah exist everywhere,can do anything,see and hear evrything ,of course that`s not a description of a human being ,nothing and nobody is like Allah.
(The Creator of the heavens and the earth. He hath made for you pairs of yourselves, and of the cattle also pairs, whereby He multiplieth you. Naught is as His likeness; and He is the Hearer, the Seer.)Translation of surat alshura verse 11 .
In Arabic the word (هو) doesn`t referes to males only, for example there isn`t a pronoun for inanimate in arabic like the word(it) in english we use (هو) for an inanimate and that doesn`t male of course that the pen or book is a male.

About covering up ,the muslim have to respect and obey God`s orders ,we never say this order does sense and this doesn`t. we beleive that God who created us knows better. I am muslim girl who wears hijab and I am very proud of that ,I don`t want to be just a slave for my lusts and desires,I want to be just a slave to Allah,thats what I was created for.

idk
04-21-2009, 09:08 AM
allah is called he because there is nothing else in the english language apart from ' it ' that shows respect as well as there bieng no gender. So wen u make up a new word plz tell us.

saba muslimah
04-21-2009, 10:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by elee
God does not have gender, but people perceive Him like He has one, because it is natural for humans to try to imagine how somebody or something what we haven't seen yet looks like.
And women should cover up.. we're not like any other creature on this planet if you haven't noticed.
:bump1:
:thumbs_up :statisfie

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.