/* */

PDA

View Full Version : "Server busy - this action cannot be completed..."

Ali.
04-19-2009, 10:44 AM
:sl:

This message comes up whenever I start up my computer. Look, it doesn't even let me cancel!

I click switch to, it shows the start-menu and the message comes up again. After tens more clicks of switch to/retry, it goes.

I've done half an hour of google searching on this very one topic and did not find a plausible explanation/solution to this problem, so was wondering if any of you have experienced this before and how did you fix it if you ever did?

Thanks in advance!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AabiruSabeel
04-19-2009, 11:01 AM

Are you connected to the internet when you turn on your PC? Try switching on with the internet cord unplugged.

It seems like one of the startup programs is corrupted, or not loading properly.
Or it can be virus. Why would it try to connect to the server?

Try disabling all the unwanted programs from startup and see what happens. If you don't know how to do that, press Windows key+R or click Start -> select Run, type msconfig and press enter. Goto startup tab and unselect all the unwanted items.
Don't disable any essential windows program.
Essential programs include ctfmon.exe, cmd.exe, and svchost.exe. If you are unsure whether a program is essential for windows, try searching for its filename on http://www.processlibrary.com

Ali.
04-19-2009, 03:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AabiruSabeel

Are you connected to the internet when you turn on your PC? Try switching on with the internet cord unplugged.

Yep.. I tried disabling my comp's functionality to connect to the internet via the wireless reciever thing "off", so it definitely couldn't connect, but unfortunately i got the same message.

It seems like one of the startup programs is corrupted, or not loading properly.
Or it can be virus. Why would it try to connect to the server?
I just did 3 hours of scanning with 2 anti-virus programs and got nothing but a tracking cookie (this happens every time I scan though - it seems it can't get rid of it - could this be the problem?).

Try disabling all the unwanted programs from startup and see what happens. If you don't know how to do that, press Windows key+R or click Start -> select Run, type msconfig and press enter. Goto startup tab and unselect all the unwanted items.
Don't disable any essential windows program.
Essential programs include ctfmon.exe, cmd.exe, and svchost.exe. If you are unsure whether a program is essential for windows, try searching for its filename on http://www.processlibrary.com
Alright I'll try and get back to you on that one. Thanks.

format_quote Originally Posted by zÂk
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/320364

There seems to be many causes and solutions, google it and see what suits your case.
Thanks but I've been on that site - it's for:

when you edit a Visio 2002 object in WordPad or in Word 2002
And this happens when I start my comp'.

I've also done lots of googling but to no avail.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.