/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Problems at work, I have bad body odour

yasir12
04-19-2009, 05:38 PM
This is a very serious problem I have folks and need your advice on the matter.

I have a problem with bad body odour and over the years I have been to the doctor about it and seeked various medical help with regards to it however unfortunately there is still a problem with my bad body odour despite all the various little treatments I get.......maybe its not as bad as it could be cos I use alternative treatments...but it is a problem nevertheless compared to most "normal" people.

I do all the right things and shower everyday and have a change of clothes so this is not an issue, I do everything possible to minimise the problem.

I have found out the other day that some guys at work have complained about me to HR about me that I smell too much....I feel embarrased however I understand their situation as well.........I am not unreasonable and know that I have a problem with it but I dont know if they should have gone to HR about it or came and spoke to me and I could have explained my situation....instead I have a meeting with HR next week.....and it has been leaked beforehand what its about........I feel hurt that they took the official route....what can i do to confront them and ask why they did it in this manner? or should i at all? Any advice on how to tackle this? Has anyone been in this situation?

I am very distraught and very embarrased by all of this.

First of all what do I do with regards to my bad body odour problem and secondly what can I do to ensure that the outcome of the HR meeting goes in my favour.

Thanks.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
04-23-2009, 04:11 PM
:sl:

try doing the following insha'Allah

take a shower every morning
use the following products

either

or

they are both clinical strength, or you can get a prescription from your doctor..

also take 'body mint' if it doesn't interfere with your other meds

you can also try this for feet

odor eater insoles..

plus change your diet to incorporate more fruits, what you eat can affect the way your body smell..
buy natural material breathable clothes (no synthetics) and do the laundry often..

insha'Allah it will help

:w:

جوري
04-23-2009, 04:17 PM
about your meeting, just tell them that you are well aware of the problem and getting medical help for it, certainly not something that is in your hand and to discriminate against you for something beyond you, which you didn't inflict upon yourself isn't ethical...

Don't take the passive, guilty approach, and don't part with too much information about your condition... Many people have endocrine problems and suffer your condition it is certainly not something you want to have if you can help it...

and Allah swt knows best

Cabdullahi
04-23-2009, 04:23 PM
dont use the chemical crap that block your pores....use the natural option

Tapioca coconut delight keeps you cool from head-to-toe LUSH's Coconut is probably the world's only deodorant with powdered coconut milk, creamed and desiccated coconut, plus coconut oil to help it stay in place all day. We scent it with the calming essential oils of vetivert grass and benzoin gum blended into a moisture-absorbing mixture of micro fine powders like tapioca, cornstarch and natural mineral magnesium carbonate. Use it and smell like a tropical cocktail

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
أبو سليمان عمر
04-23-2009, 04:46 PM
^^^^:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up :) inshallah it will

burdenofbeing
04-23-2009, 05:22 PM
I agree with Gossamer on both accounts.

Thinker
04-23-2009, 07:41 PM
Try altering your diet. It's not just garlic that comes out in sweat but all kinds of foods can produce a particular smell in sweat.

Zahida
04-23-2009, 07:50 PM
:sl: I agree very stongly with Gossamer, try and remain calm and not worry about it too much although the way your colleagues have behaved is not nice!!!!!

InshaAllah HR cannot dismiss you or discriminate you and you have also seeked professional help....................

I am sorry that you are suffering because of something which is beyond your control. I have read somewhere that you can have injections to help reduce the sweating, it helps by reducing then finally stopping altogether.......... you may wish to look into this or even ask your GP.............

In the meantime may Allah be with you and please try not to worry..............................:):w:

Snowflake
04-24-2009, 07:41 AM
I recommend having wet-cupping therapy (Hijamah) to detox your body and boost the effeciency of vital organs. I really can't stress enough how wonderful this treatment is to treat disease and health conditions. Just having Hijamah on the Sunnah spot cures 71 diseases!

www.nhnf.co.uk

yasir12
04-24-2009, 06:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
about your meeting, just tell them that you are well aware of the problem and getting medical help for it, certainly not something that is in your hand and to discriminate against you for something beyond you, which you didn't inflict upon yourself isn't ethical...

Don't take the passive, guilty approach, and don't part with too much information about your condition... Many people have endocrine problems and suffer your condition it is certainly not something you want to have if you can help it...

and Allah swt knows best

Thank you for all the replies and yes I do feel a bit guilty about but yes nobody delibretly wants this problem, nobody wants this reputation.........it has made matters worse because i am even more concious about it.

SirZubair
04-24-2009, 06:48 PM
Try running down the street with your arms wide open (thus causing the b.o to escape from your armpit), then do 25 star fish jumps, 50 pushups, 20 pullups,..

...and if all that fails, consider having a shower.

:bump1:

جوري
04-24-2009, 11:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by yasir12
Thank you for all the replies and yes I do feel a bit guilty about but yes nobody delibretly wants this problem, nobody wants this reputation.........it has made matters worse because i am even more concious about it.
:sl:

I don't know the etiology of your problem, thus I can't recommend you any specific treatment. Some people have endocrine disorders and sweat more, some people have axillary acanthosis and have horrible odor, some people have hidradenitis suppurativa and I believe that is one of the stinkiest I have ever smelt. some people have a lung abscess and have the constant odor of anaerobic bacteria. I'd just make sure I don't have a condition that requires serious treatment.. more often taking care of the underlying condition will also take care of any sequela, thus my advise for you is general in nature, If you don't have a very serious medical condition or a serious condition has been ruled out, I think you should heed the advise given you here, just know that many many people suffer this problem.. and there are clinical strengths deodorants that you can get by prescription if the OTC fails you, as well the 'body mint' is very highly recommended
http://www.amazon.com/Body-Mint-Deod...f=pd_sim_hpc_2

do try a change in diet.. I don't know much about hijmah, but I know when personally I am sick, I try to stick to prophetic medicine and it works for me.. so I'd have a go with that too... plus it might give you the opportunity to discuss your problem and see what you can do about it...

try eating dates, and strawberries, more fruits less spices in your food, and just generally resolve to do something about this...
if you decide to try the body mint, know that it will probably take a couple of weeks to work it won't be an overnight transformation...

I really don't think there is anything for you to be self-conscious about, everyone in the world has a problem with something.. it is the human condition.. hopefully yours is treatable insha'Allah...

and Allah swt knows best

جوري
04-25-2009, 02:47 AM
just to lighten this thread a little, I found this review from Amazon really funny..

enjoy--

16 of 16 people found the following review helpful:
5.0 out of 5 stars Hygiene product of the decade..., May 1, 2007
By Ms M

- See all my reviews
I've been using Body Mint for almost two years, and it's an amazing product. Because it deodorizes from the inside, it effectively neutralizes underarm, foot, breath and other odors. It is convenient, effective and all-natural (read the back of your antiperspirant for a good scare). After using it for three days I almost forgot to brush my teeth in the morning because for once my mouth didn't taste like a gym sock. In fact, my gym socks no longer smelled like morning breath either! I highly recommend it. Comment Comment | Permalink |

Yanal
04-25-2009, 02:55 AM
Put on some axe(or a high smelling perfume with a long range) it will attract attention but nothing saying negatives just the normal "Wow you put to much axe on dude." But before you put on any medicine or deodrant (that smell range is high) ask around if anyone is allergic.

In my previous school some teachers coughed on the smell of high perfume. Stay concious and alert. Try to prevent sweating from what you can like walking to work and so on...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.