View Full Version : Beards

nebula
04-20-2009, 04:50 AM
lol i was just wondering about beards, they're awesome :shade:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
أبو سليمان عمر
04-20-2009, 04:56 AM
Yes akhi i am growing :D
AND should be grow according to the saying of the Prophet Salallaahu alayhi wasallam in an authentic Hadith:

"Clip your moustaches and grow your beards, differ from the polytheists." (Al-Bukhari no.5892 and Muslim no.259)

and his words:

"Pare your moustaches and leave your beards, differ from the Zoroastrians." (Muslim no.260)

greenshirt
04-20-2009, 05:02 AM
growing a beard is fard according to most. some say it is mustahab and a sunnah but most agree it is fard.

however i still dont have one and i continue to shave. i just don't want one. :(

but insha allah one day i will grow one.

أبو سليمان عمر
04-20-2009, 05:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by greenshirt
growing a beard is fard according to most. some say it is mustahab and a sunnah but most agree it is fard.

however i still dont have one and i continue to shave. i just don't want one. :(

inshallah akhi :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
nebula
04-20-2009, 05:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by greenshirt

inshallah akhi,

Growing a beard isnt a obligation upon a man, its Allah swt who grows the beard, its the mans obligation to stop shaving off what Allah grows. :shade:

أبو سليمان عمر
04-20-2009, 05:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by nebula
inshallah akhi,

Growing a beard isnt a obligation upon a man, its Allah swt who grows the beard, its the mans obligation to stop shaving off what Allah grows. :shade:
subhan Allah akhi :) indeed

greenshirt
04-20-2009, 05:13 AM
inshallah akhi,

alhumdullillah, what a great point. i believe sheikh yusuf estes said that once. i think he and bilal philips were answering questions and he said something along those lines.

and true it is!

nebula
04-20-2009, 05:14 AM
haha yeah akhi thats exactly where i got that quote from :D lol

sheikh yusuf :D mashallah hes wise and funneh!

greenshirt
04-20-2009, 05:31 AM
haha yeah akhi thats exactly where i got that quote from :D lol

sheikh yusuf :D mashallah hes wise and funneh!
masha allah indeed he is, and he has done so much for dawah in america and worldwide. may allah(swt) reward him

noorahmad
04-20-2009, 08:28 AM
think i should go into will grow one soon :P it doesn't just grow

GreyKode
04-20-2009, 12:27 PM
My beard grows in no time. hehe.

Woodrow
04-20-2009, 01:38 PM
It took me over 65 years to grow a beard. Because of my ethnic background facial hair is very sparse on the people of my race (well part of my family tree, I'm mixed race)

After going without any type of face fur, except a sick scraggly mustache, a beard suddenly grew during Ramadan (2007) it has never grown longer then fist length and is still exactly fist length although I do not trim it.

Yes, it is snow white.

Mujahidah4Allah
04-20-2009, 02:21 PM
:sl:

mashaAllah brother Woodrow looks like you've got it perfect. Brother Alpha regarding your question, has to be fist length unless he has hair growth problems...

wa/salam

Yanal
04-20-2009, 02:30 PM
Alphiiiiiiiii. Anyway I'm going to get a job establish my career then grow one inshAllah.

nebula
04-20-2009, 02:31 PM
yeah trimming it isnt allowed, let it grow grow grow! then platt it when it gets to long :shade:

nebula
04-20-2009, 02:32 PM
mashallah its good to see all the sisters who've voted so far want their husbands to have beards :shade:

Mujahidah4Allah
04-20-2009, 02:32 PM
plat it :uuh: .... why would you want to do that...

wa/salam

nebula
04-20-2009, 02:33 PM
because then when i eat sandwiches i won't get crumbs of bread in my beard :'(

أبو سليمان عمر
04-20-2009, 02:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
It took me over 65 years to grow a beard. Because of my ethnic background facial hair is very sparse on the people of my race (well part of my family tree, I'm mixed race)

After going without any type of face fur, except a sick scraggly mustache, a beard suddenly grew during Ramadan (2007) it has never grown longer then fist length and is still exactly fist length although I do not trim it.

Yes, it is snow white.
Mashallah :)

Mujahidah4Allah
04-20-2009, 02:34 PM
^o) okayy first i've heard maybe you should try eating slowly?

wa/salam

Yanal
04-20-2009, 02:36 PM
Whats plat? Combing it?

nebula
04-20-2009, 02:37 PM
^ lol, i do eat slow alhumdulilah i don't want to choke, oh yeah btw i wasn't being serious about platting the beard :thumbs_do, imagine gelling it instead, making it a big spike pointing downwards lol

GreyKode
04-20-2009, 02:37 PM
Wow brother woodrow, you truly are lucky, you got "The perfect beard".

nebula
04-20-2009, 02:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal
Whats plat? Combing it?
bro plats are like continuous small knots in your hair, you've probably seen them before im sure

Yanal
How does brother Woodrow have the perfect beard?

Nájlá
yeah trimming it isnt allowed, let it grow grow grow! then platt it when it gets to long :shade:
or u could just keep rolling it. And could use it for painting :X just like marco figgen did lol

Yanal
04-20-2009, 02:39 PM
Ewwww isn't that what girls/sisters do to braid their hair.

nebula
04-20-2009, 02:40 PM
LOL! now thats a long beard, he must save on painting brushes tho, clever man.

GreyKode
04-20-2009, 02:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal
How does brother Woodrow have the perfect beard?
I mean naturally the right length, low maintenance, white(which is cool I think).

3isha
04-20-2009, 03:51 PM
wow Mashallah, May Allah keep our practising bros cleansed n pure from the insyd 2. :)
N yh indeed a beard distinguishes a man from a woman.
N gives more noor to the face!

أبو سليمان عمر
04-20-2009, 04:07 PM
just showing how The Qur’aan speaks of the importance of the Sunnah and as we all know this hadiths about beards are authentic not pointing it at you directly was just reading it and posted it :)

Cabdullahi
04-20-2009, 04:10 PM
My beard is as long as an elephant's trunk..............in fact its quite the opposite :( but inshallah its growing and i can't wait for it to grow but i will just have to wait....hopefully i will have a beard like a soon to be ex-convict

أبو سليمان عمر
04-20-2009, 04:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
My beard is as long as an elephant's trunk..............in fact its quite the opposite :( but inshallah its growing and i can't wait for it to grow but i will just have to wait....hopefully i will have a beard like a soon to be ex-convict
lol akhi my is mini to been growing it for a while but it dont want to inshallah akhi soon it will be nice and full :)

nebula
04-20-2009, 04:17 PM
The demands for bearded husbands are growing mashallah lol, i think they'll be out of stock sisters... not enough bearded brothers to go around atm. The demand is higher then the amount of them we have. :'(

12 for 15?

Banu_Hashim
04-20-2009, 04:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umar^111
Yes akhi i am growing :D
AND should be grow according to the saying of the Prophet Salallaahu alayhi wasallam in an authentic Hadith:

"Clip your moustaches and grow your beards, differ from the polytheists." (Al-Bukhari no.5892 and Muslim no.259)

and his words:

"Pare your moustaches and leave your beards, differ from the Zoroastrians." (Muslim no.260)
With reference to the moustache, that's clip/trim though right? Not complete clean shaven where the moustache is, otherwise your beard looks a bit 'clip on'.

أبو سليمان عمر
04-20-2009, 04:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
No brother, I'm not talking about us, I just meant people in general. Usually when all 4 madhabs agree about something, people usually accept it.. not for this issue though, I guess.
Well people try to justify it because 1 they try to fit in 2 for other people 3 becasue they dont like it well what ever the reason people that try to justify it dont look at the big picture that we should do every thing we do for Allah SWT May Allah guide this ummah ameen
this is just my opinion so please people dont attack me :)

Banu_Hashim
04-20-2009, 04:20 PM
inshallah akhi,

Did you get that from Yusuf Estes? :p

nebula
04-20-2009, 04:22 PM
^ lol yeah akhi :P someone already spotted that in this thread :P

nebula
04-20-2009, 04:24 PM
OH my! a sister just voted in the "Im a sister and i dont want a bearded husband", hmm maybe it was a mis-click yeah thats it, defo a mis click!, must be that :offended:

brave 1 reveal ur identity!

أبو سليمان عمر
04-20-2009, 04:26 PM
OH my! a sister just voted in the "Im a sister and i dont want a bearded husband", hmm maybe it was a mis-click yeah thats it, defo a mis click!, must be that :offended:

brave 1 reveal ur identity!
lol akhi dont put people on the spot :)

Banu_Hashim
04-20-2009, 04:29 PM
^ lol yeah akhi :P someone already spotted that in this thread :P
lol. oops... so they have!

أبو سليمان عمر
04-20-2009, 04:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Banu_Hashim
JazakAllah Khair, Akhi Umar.
wa ayaak akhi :)

Güven
04-20-2009, 11:47 PM

I deleted the Off-topics.

because this thread is not about whether Beards are obligatory or not.

It's about what you think of... a beard :D

If you want to discuss it , use the search function I'm sure there are plenty of threads regarding this, if not you can always create a thread about it. :)

أبو سليمان عمر
04-20-2009, 11:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven

I deleted the Off-topics.

because this thread is not about whether Beards are obligatory or not.

It's about what you think of... a beard :D

If you want to discuss it , use the search function I'm sure there are plenty of threads regarding this, if not you can always create a thread about it. :)
lol ok inshallah :)

Ibn Abi Ahmed
04-21-2009, 12:02 AM

When people love someone, they try their best to imitate them in every way. We claim we love the Prophet (saw), how can we then not try our best to imitate him to the best of our ability?

أبو سليمان عمر
04-21-2009, 12:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd al-Rahman

When people love someone, they try their best to imitate them in every way. We claim we love the Prophet (saw), how can we then not try our best to imitate him to the best of our ability?
:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up :) mashallah well put indeed we should

Intisar
04-21-2009, 12:46 PM
The demands for bearded husbands are growing mashallah lol, i think they'll be out of stock sisters... not enough bearded brothers to go around atm. The demand is higher then the amount of them we have. :'(

12 for 15?
Some brothers do try, my brother tries mashaAllaah, but it just doesn't grow much. As long as he tries inshaAllaah (may Allaah reward the brothers that do). :thumbs_up

FatimaAsSideqah
04-21-2009, 12:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ameena*
Some brothers do try, my brother tries mashaAllaah, but it just doesn't grow much. As long as he tries inshaAllaah (may Allaah reward the brothers that do). :thumbs_up
Thats true. My husband did tried to keep it to long but it didn't grow much as he does imitates the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH). :)

convert
04-21-2009, 01:35 PM
I've had mine for a little over a year. Its about 3 inches or so these days.

Introduced my mom to Afghan cooking yesterday and this ensued:

Mom: Your beard actually looks nice, what are you doing to it these days?
Me: Combing it.
Mom: Oh, well keep it up I guess.

FatimaAsSideqah
04-21-2009, 01:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by convert

Aw bless on your Mum. :)

nebula
04-21-2009, 02:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd al-Rahman

Mashallah bro thats so true what you said :thumbs_up

Prophet Muhammed pbuh was the greatest man in history, i hope all of us can be like him as much as possible inshallah.

nebula
04-21-2009, 02:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by convert

:) thats nice of her

Yanal
04-21-2009, 02:32 PM
GreyKode there is nothing special in having a white color or any color beard it's still a beard.... I'll tell you something but if brother Woodruw wants to edit it you can go at it: I was asking brother Woodrow I think how's it like being admin he replied (I'm putting them in my own words) I wish I could work,but admins life is good."

nebula
04-21-2009, 02:59 PM
Id love having a white beard :D it would look so kool, i heard if you want to get white hair you should put yourself under loads of stress, so maybe if i try learning and doing loads of stuff ill get some white hairs :D

but then as you get older i think your hairs will eventually turn white naturally but i cant wait that long :X

burdenofbeing
04-21-2009, 04:40 PM
I just trimmed mine down to a stubble.

nebula
04-21-2009, 04:45 PM
^ noo :laugh:

Raudha
04-21-2009, 07:03 PM

12 for 15?
This point should be addressed to the brothers..We have to encourage more of them to start growing their beards ..

:w:

Mujahidah4Allah
04-21-2009, 07:13 PM

yes agreed that the brothers should have the will power to grow one, and it true what brother Abd Al Rahman said, one cant claim only by mouth its the actions that show true love... come on brothers inshaAllah you can grow a beard if you really try...
But i have come across some sisters who say 'yes i dont mind a brother with a beard' and when you mention fist length their reply would be 'oh i thought maybe a shorter one, oh well inshaAllah he can do better as he's more religious etc etc...'
wa/salam

Nihila
04-21-2009, 07:17 PM
MashaAllah, well done to those brothers who have beards...and to those who don't; inshaAllah you will, I hear it's a 'once you go beard, you never go back' thing :)

Beards Rock!

Cabdullahi
04-21-2009, 09:17 PM
Is it ok to grow some chin hair to about a fist length and then plat it

rpwelton
04-21-2009, 09:28 PM
The length of the beard is a difference of opinion between scholars. Nearly all scholars agree that it is wajib (obligatory) to grow one. The extreme minority opinions are those that say a beard is only sunnah, and those who say you cannot trim it at all.

Woodrow
04-21-2009, 11:45 PM
I think we should keep in mind that because of genetics some races do not have facial hair. I faced that problem and never dreamed I would ever have a beard. When I see a Muslim man without a beard I assume he is not capable of growing one, because of his race.

I honestly believe it was a miracle the manner in which mine appeared, and it has been a real blessing in only staying at the same length and needing very little care except brushing and washing.

The mustache did not follow suit. It still gets no more then looking like a shedding caterpillar and there is not much there to trim. Even then it is so slow growing it is months before it even looks like I have mustache whiskers, they usually fall out after a day or so.

أبو سليمان عمر
04-21-2009, 11:55 PM
^^^ Bukhari :: Book 1 :: Volume 1 :: Hadith 1
Narrated 'Umar bin Al-Khattab:

I heard Allah's Apostle saying, "The reward of deeds depends upon the intentions and every person will get the reward according to what he has intended. So whoever emigrated for worldly benefits or for a woman to marry, his emigration was for what he emigrated for."

AKHI MAY ALLAH REWARD YOU FOR YOUR intentions AMEEN

'Abd-al Latif
05-15-2016, 11:52 AM
What? Where's the option 'I already have a fully grown luscious, silky, manly beard'??

noraina
05-15-2016, 12:15 PM
Assalamu alaykum,

Many brothers seem to worry that they will look ugly or unattractive to sisters if they have a beard.

That is so not true, lol, sisters would actually prefer someone who does have a beard, they actually look nice - a beard doesn't mean you are perfect or without fault, but the same way the hijab is a sign of that you are struggling to obey Allah swt, so is a beard.

There aren't many brothers who keep a beard...I've only seen a couple around my area.

'Abd-al Latif
05-15-2016, 01:24 PM

strivingobserver98
05-15-2016, 02:07 PM

"When Allah beautifies the religion for you, he also beautifies the women of the religion."
- Nouman Ali Khan

This also works vice versa ;).

sister herb
05-15-2016, 02:16 PM
It seemed to became some kind of fashion here with young men (non-Muslims) to have a beard. I know that Finnish origin Muslim brothers are very rare in here, but every times when I see bearded man, my the first idea is like "maybe he is a Muslim?".

Reminder
05-15-2016, 02:35 PM
Beard is a sign of wisdom.

anatolian
05-15-2016, 02:37 PM
My option is not here also. Genetically beardless lol

BilalKid
05-15-2016, 05:23 PM
b lion not cat ;D :D

Bhabha
05-16-2016, 07:50 AM
What about when everyone is growing a beard? I see beards beards everywhere and none of them are Muslim... :hmm:

noraina
05-16-2016, 11:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bhabha
What about when everyone is growing a beard? I see beards beards everywhere and none of them are Muslim...
I know, to have a full-grown beard is a big part of the hipster style you see a lot of young men following. Khayr, there have been worse fashion trends, so this one isn't that bad, - just recently I saw 'beard lotion' at the shop :D, a perfect gift for your husband or brother lol.

EgyptPrincess
05-16-2016, 11:34 AM

YOUUUUUU SHALL NOT PASSSSSSSSS!

Umm Abed
05-16-2016, 11:35 AM
Extremes!! ^

MorbidEntree
05-16-2016, 04:10 PM
Honestly, they look awesome when someone can pull one off. I, however, am not one of those people.
My beard grows in going to the right side of my face. So if I let it grow out long, it will swish naturally to the side, making me look like a stereotypical wizard xD It looks ridiculous and is actually uncomfortable.
So at most, I just have like 1/4th of an inch of hair on my face, or I'm clean shaven. Anything else looks silly on me.

'Abd-al Latif
05-16-2016, 06:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MorbidEntree
they look awesome when someone can pull one off.
What?? You pull off people's beards?

Umm Abed
05-16-2016, 07:07 PM
Honestly, they look awesome when someone can pull one off. I, however, am not one of those people.
My beard grows in going to the right side of my face. So if I let it grow out long, it will swish naturally to the side, making me look like a stereotypical wizard xD It looks ridiculous and is actually uncomfortable.
So at most, I just have like 1/4th of an inch of hair on my face, or I'm clean shaven. Anything else looks silly on me.
A beard on a man looks awesome and a beard is what makes a man looks like a real one.

You can get used to it.

MorbidEntree
05-16-2016, 08:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif
What?? You pull off people's beards?
Lol no, you know what I meant :P

format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Abed
A beard on a man looks awesome and a beard is what makes a man looks like a real one.

You can get used to it.
I can't get used to it when it looks horrible on me tbh.

'Abd-al Latif
05-16-2016, 10:08 PM
Bro just keep it. You're growing a beard because it's a sunnah and you'll be rewarded for every hair that grows inshaa'Allah.

Serinity
05-17-2016, 06:47 PM
Is he a brother? Why does he have "Atheism" under his name?

Umm Abed
05-17-2016, 06:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity
I think he's considering converting to Islam..

MorbidEntree
05-17-2016, 08:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Abed
I think he's considering converting to Islam..
If you are referring to me, then yes, I am considering converting.

Umm Abed
05-17-2016, 08:57 PM
Yes I was referring to you.

That is very good news, hoping for the best for you.

muslimah_B
05-18-2016, 12:18 AM
Thats so lovely to hear.
You know before I reverted i started listning to lectures by "mufti menk" and honeslty it helped me, if you ever feel like you have some free time on your hands watch any of his videos, to me personally they are amazing as his character is very warming and inviting to islam mashaAllah and his videos cover a wide range of topics
(Sorry i know off topic)

s.ali123
05-23-2016, 07:53 PM
lol i was just wondering about beards, they're awesome :shade:
Why there is no option for people already having grown beard like one fist! :o

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.