PDA

View Full Version : Sinning muslims?



Muhajabah
04-21-2009, 09:44 AM
My blogpost, someone asked me in PM to post it...

First, a warning. This might be offensive. But trust me, I am not pointing fingers, just letting out steam. I am posting in English for a) a wider audience, and b) to distance myself to what I am writing, and not make it so personal. This post will be written, saved, published, and maybe with a link posted on Facebook, if I am up for that. And then forgotten, hopefully.

It is just something I got to get off my chest. I am SO tired of seeing muslims comit all kinds of sins. I am tired of hearing that a muslim is “flirting” with someone. I am tired of seeing my so called sisters flash themselves on Facebook, in clothing that leaves little to the fantasy, with drinks in their hands that obviously are not exactly Kool-Aid or Coke. I am tired of hearing muslims believing that kafirs will go to Jannah.

I do not know really why these things bothers me. I should just be thinking “Whatever floats your boat” and move on with my life, move on with my strive to be the best muslimah I can, but I just can not ignore it. It is getting to me, I dont know why really, but it does. It is annoying, because I really dont mean to think bad of people, but… I am just so fed up with people who on the one hand claims “Oh, I am a muslim, sister”, and then when they think nobody is watching, or think nobody is posting on the Facebook, you see them arm in arm with a man they are not related to, or a drink in their hand with a look that tells me its not a halal drink at all…

I see people like that online. On TV, and also more and more in real life. Maybe I see it more because I am so sensitive about it right now, but I feel that it is becoming more and more comon… Modesty is disapearing and getting lost, and the culture of “no shame” is taking over.

Am I simply just getting old???
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
saba muslimah
04-21-2009, 10:04 AM
Originally Posted by Muhajabah
My blogpost, someone asked me in PM to post it...

I see people like that online. On TV, and also more and more in real life. Maybe I see it more because I am so sensitive about it right now, but I feel that it is becoming more and more comon… Modesty is disapearing and getting lost, and the culture of “no shame” is taking over.
:X

imsad
imsad imsad
U r right...!!
Reply

Ummu Sufyaan
04-21-2009, 12:17 PM
:sl:
nice post...but dont forget to give dawah too :)
Reply

FatimaAsSideqah
04-21-2009, 12:30 PM
:sl:

So true! So annoying.

Yes, giving out the dawah is most of important in our Islam.
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
Muhajabah
04-21-2009, 12:32 PM
Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed
:sl:
nice post...but dont forget to give dawah too :)
I am bad at that, I admit it. Because I am afraid to hurt people. I have been too much online on forums etc hehe... I even run my own, and I am too worried about not offending people.

I can post on that when I get home later tonight, to show you my thoughts.

I do dawah, but its more like, I have my website with info on muslim women, and post articles there, and on my blog...
Reply

FatimaAsSideqah
04-21-2009, 12:38 PM
I am sure you have tried your best! :)

Your sincere aim and focus should be to deliver dawah with wisdom and good manners insha'Allah. We should not be concerned with the results of our efforts, for that is in Allah Taala’s Hands.

And He, (SWT), has taught us in the Qur’an that it is not part of this responsibility to ensure that people be guided to the truth, and that there is no compulsion in religion, (2:255)
Reply

noorseeker
04-21-2009, 12:39 PM
The thing is we cannot think we are better than them, even though we are abstaining from sin. Here in the uk , im dreading the future we are becoming more and more westernised. Haya is gone, no one seems to care anymore.

I dont want to get judgemental, its just that when your practising, the halal and haram catch your eye, look at that person, i cant believe she,s wearing that ,and so on.

im still in bed, and can feel its a nice sunny day, im dreading what the eyes will see today.

day before musimah in her 30,s wearing hijab with knee length skirt, oh as long as im wearing tights then its okay. so many hijabis are doing this, and putting their boots over their jeans lets not go there.

yesterday i saw a muslim girl in skirt, with nearly see through tights
The skirts are getting shorter, and the tights more see through.

I knew the day will come, when i will see a muslim girls legs on show,
but i thought it will be in a few years time.


May Allah swt forgive me for being judgemental, May Allah swt guide them, like he has me .


Im not angry at these girls, im just concerned, They are the mothers of the future

If i offended any one in this post , apologies in advance
Reply

Ummu Sufyaan
04-21-2009, 12:40 PM
:sl:
I am bad at that, I admit it. Because I am afraid to hurt people. I have been too much online on forums etc hehe... I even run my own, and I am too worried about not offending people.
what you need to do is give dawah in the right time and place, and according to that persons understanding. for example, if you want to invite a non-Muslim to islam, you don't go tell a model for eg that the hijaab is obligatory lol it wont work innit...you give dawah according to that persons intellect and understanding and aso though ways that they are natually inclined to :) so if they are lovey dovey people, then a romantic Arabic poem by a Muslim poet wouldn't go astray :-[ :p<---that and you show them that Muslim people are really soft heated, not terrorists :blind: :D

this maybe helpful

Ali b. Abi Talib Allah be pleased with him said: "Narrate to people what they can understand; do you want Allah and His Messenger to be disbelieved?"

Quoted by Al-Bukhari, As-Sahih, Chapter about a person preferring some people with certain knowledge to the exclusion of others.

Ibn Hajar said in Fath Al-Bari, [In this narration] there is evidence that ambiguous knowledge should not be mentioned amongst the general public.

Shaykh Muhammad b. Salih al-Uthaymeen may Allah have mercy on him explained this very important and often misunderstood point beautifully. After mentioning the narration of Ali, he states:

"It is therefore an aspect of wisdom in da'wah that you should not surprise people with things they are not able to comprehend. Rather, you should call them in stages, bit by bit until their minds settle...?

He goes on to say:
[The statement of Ali] Do you want Allah and His Messenger to be disbelieved? is a rhetorical question, posed as a criticism of such behavior. It means: by narrating to people things they cannot understand do you want Allah and His Messenger to be disbelieved? This is because in such cases when you say, Allah said, and His Messenger said? they will say you have lied if their minds cannot comprehend what you are saying. Here, they are not disbelieving Allah and His Messenger, but they are disbelieving you because of this speech that you have attributed to Allah and His Messenger. Thus they will end up disbelieving Allah and His Messenger not directly but by way of the one who transmits this knowledge (i.e. you).

Now if it is said: Should we stop telling people things they cannot understand even if they need to know? The answer is: no, we do not leave this knowledge altogether, but we should tell them in a way that they will be able to understand. This is done by telling them stage by stage, bit by bit until they can accept the speech we want them to know and they can feel comfortable with it. We do not abandon knowledge that people cannot understand and just say this is something they will reject or dislike so we will not speak about it.

The same is the case with acting upon a Sunnah that people are not used to and which they might find objectionable. We should act by this Sunnah, but only after informing people about it, such that they will be able to accept it and feel comfortable about it.

We learn from this narration that it is important to employ wisdom in calling to Allah, and that it is incumbent upon anyone who calls to Allah to consider the level of understanding of those he is inviting, and that he should put everyone in their proper place."

- Majmoo' Fatawa Ibn Uthaymeen 10/140.
Reply

Muhajabah
04-21-2009, 12:42 PM
Its just not in my culture to confront people directly, I guess. I answer when people ask "is this or that haram" sure, as diplomatic, and as backed up with evidences as possible, but same time, someone will be hurt.

I remember that I made a sister cry because I said Valentines was haram. And I did it nicely, trust me... hehe. I am not a rude person.
Reply

FatimaAsSideqah
04-21-2009, 12:43 PM
Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed
:sl:

so if they are lovey dovey people, then a romantic Arabic poem by a Muslim poet wouldn't go astray :-[ :p<---that and you show then that Muslim people are really soft heated, not terrorists :blind:
Good idea to do that! :D
Reply

Muhajabah
04-21-2009, 12:43 PM
Originally Posted by nightstar

Im not angry at these girls, im just concerned, They are the mothers of the future

If i offended any one in this post , apologies in advance
I hope inshaAllah their daughters will be better!

For my sons sake :D
Reply

FatimaAsSideqah
04-21-2009, 12:46 PM
Originally Posted by Muhajabah
Its just not in my culture to confront people directly, I guess. I answer when people ask "is this or that haram" sure, as diplomatic, and as backed up with evidences as possible, but same time, someone will be hurt.

I remember that I made a sister cry because I said Valentines was haram. And I did it nicely, trust me... hehe. I am not a rude person.
Well, you all did was gave an evidence for that. Please don't forget that Allah Taala loves you for that! :) Keep to be gentle and good manners.

As Umm ul-Shaheed's advice for right place and right time.
Reply

Ummu Sufyaan
04-21-2009, 12:49 PM
:sl:
Originally Posted by Muhajabah
Its just not in my culture to confront people directly, I guess. I answer when people ask "is this or that haram" sure, as diplomatic, and as backed up with evidences as possible, but same time, someone will be hurt.

I remember that I made a sister cry because I said Valentines was haram. And I did it nicely, trust me... hehe. I am not a rude person.
yeah i know what you mean, some peoples can be impossible...hmm maybe you can give dawah indirectly as well so maybe get someone they know more than you to advice them. also dawah can be done in indirect ways, such as forwards, emails, etc...

another thing to remember is get to know that person on a personal level, so that you may develop a friendship with them, and inshallah because of that friendship they are more likely to listen to what your saying...

dawah isnt about changing people over night so keep that in mind. don't always tell people what is wrong right then and there, always try to find the right place and time...otherwise you may have them turn away. sometimes its good to wait, and better results are therefore achieved. :)
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-28-2010, 05:47 PM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-25-2010, 03:37 PM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-16-2009, 01:33 PM
  4. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 11-10-2008, 04:26 PM
  5. Replies: 213
    Last Post: 06-23-2006, 09:41 PM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!