/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question for bro's and sis's from Syria & Jordan

fusion
04-21-2009, 04:09 PM
:sl:

I wan't to come from Istanbul to Amman most cheaply.

This is the only logical route that comes to my mind:
Istanbul => Allepo => Damascus => Amman

1.) Do you know how much would it cost me to travel by local buses?
2.) How long would travel take?
3.) What's the weather like there in July/August? Is it bearable?

That's all for now :D

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
crayon
04-21-2009, 04:17 PM
Wa alaikum asalam

1)Buses aren't expensive at all, especially if you're coming from a western country.. 500 syrian liras is about 10 US dollars.. I'm not exactly sure, but bus fares are usually somewhere around that price range.. This is from Aleppo to Damascus, btw, don't know about the rest.

2)From Aleppo to Damascus its about 4/5 hours, from Damascus to Amman it's about 2/3 hours, so from Aleppo to Amman it's 6/7 hours. I hear sometimes you have to spend ages at the Syrian-Jordanian border though, so you should probably factor that in as well.

3)The weather isn't too bad, although of course, it depends on what you're used to. It's dry in summers, quite hot at noon, but towards the end of the day the weather cools down a bit, gets quite nice and breezy.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.