/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Troubled in Aspects in Deen

FatimaAsSideqah
04-21-2009, 09:42 PM
As Salaam Alaykum wa rahmatullah

Filed under: Aqeedah, Imam Shaf'ii — al Ghurabaa
Troubled in aspects of Deen: Imam Shafies response

And ath-Thahabee mentions from al-Muzanee that he said: “I knew that if anyone could rid me of a troubling concern about an issue of tawheed, it would be ash-Shaafi’ee. So I went to him while he was in a mosque in Egypt. When I kneeled in front of him, I said, ‘I am troubled about a certain issue of tawheed. I know that no one knows as much as you, so what do you say about this?’ ”

He became angry and said, ‘Do you know where you are?’

I said, ‘Yes.’

He said, ‘This is the place where Allaah drowned Pharoah. Has it reached you that the Messenger of Allaah was ordered to ask about that?’

I said, ‘No.’

He said, ‘Have the Companions spoken about it?’

I said, ‘No.’

He said, ‘Do you know how many stars are in the sky?’

I said, ‘No.’

He said, ‘So you don’t even know about one planet – its type or the time and place of its appearance and disappearance?’

I said, ‘No.’

He said, “So there is something from the creation that you see with your own eyes that you do not even know anything about, yet you speak about the Knowledge of the Creator?’ Then he asked me a question about ablution, and I erred in my response. So he explained it from four different angles (and asked me about them), and I was not correct in any of my responses. So he said, ‘So you leave alone the knowledge of something which you are in need of five times a day, and instead you burden yourself with the knowledge of the Creator? When this (kind of thing) comes to your mind, then remember the statement of Allaah the Exalted,

“And your God is One God; there is no true god besides Him. He is the Most Merciful, the Bestower of Mercy. Verily in the creation of the heavens and the earth…” [Surah Al-Baqarah 2:163-164]

So use the creation as a proof for (the Greatness of) the Creator, and do not burden yourself with what is beyond your understanding.” [Siyar A’laamin-Nubalaa‘ (10/31)]

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
zahraa
04-21-2009, 09:48 PM
what is twaheed? btw??:-S

أبو سليمان عمر
04-21-2009, 09:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zahraa
The types of Tawheed are three: Tawheed ar-Ruboobiyyah, Tawheed al-Ilaahiyyah and Tawheed al-Asmaa was-Sifaat.

Tawheed ar-Ruboobiyyah is singling out Allaah the Exalted with (the actions of) creation, providing sustenance, giving life, causing death, and all of the types of regulation and administration of the dominion of the heavens and earth, and (also) singling Him out, the Exalted, with (the right to) judgement and legislation and sending of the Messengers and revealing of Books. Allaah the Exalted said, "Verily, to Him belongs the creation and the comman, blessed be Allaah, the Lord of the worlds" (al-A`raaf 7:54).

Tawheed al-Uloohiyyah is singling out Allaah with worship so that none besides Him is worshipped, so that none besides Him is called upon, so that no one is sought for rescue, or aid except Him. So that no one is sacrificed to or slaughtered for, or made an oath for, except Him. Allaah the Exalted said, "Say: My prayer, my sacrifice, my life and my death are for Allaah, the Lord of the worlds. He has no partner. This is what I have been commanded with and I am the first of those who submit (to him with Islaam and Tawheed)" (al-An'aam 6:162), and He said, "Therefore turn in prayer to your Lord and sacrifice (to Him only)" (al-Kawthar 108:2).

And Tawheed al-Asmaa was-Sifaat is describing Allaah the Most High and naming Him with whatever He described and named Himself with, and with whatever His Messenger (sallAllaahu `alayhi wa sallam) described and named Him with in the authentic narrations - and to affirm that for Allaah without resemblance (to the creation) or likening (to the creation), and without (false) interpretation (of any of that) or negation (of any of that). There is nothing like Him and He is the All-Hearer, the All-Seer. And may Allaah send prayers and salutations upon our Prophet Muhammad, his family and his companions.

Permanent Committee for Research and Verdicts
Shaykh `Abdul-`Azeez Bin Baz
Shaykh `Abdullah bin Ghudayaan
Shaykh `Abdullaah bin Qu`ood
Shaykh `Abdur-Razzaaq al-`Afeefee

FatimaAsSideqah
04-21-2009, 09:53 PM
Tawheed demands a lengthier translation, namely: the realization-and-affirmation-of-Oneness. The Unity of God, the Divine Unity, Unity in its most profound sense. Allah is The Real, The Absolute. Allah is One in His Essence, His Attributes and His Acts. Before the existence of the universe there was nothing but The Creator.

Your God is surely One. (37:4)

inna Ilaaha-kum-la-Wahid

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
FatimaAsSideqah
04-21-2009, 09:53 PM
Jazaak'Allah Khair, akhi Umar.

zahraa
04-21-2009, 09:56 PM
jazakaa allahu sorrry because my imaam levels are so low i try and do research and everyfing i love the deen and everything but i finddd it soooooooo Hard to practise i just wanted to know if any1 hassss any ideaa like easy wayss to start??? jazakaa allahu khair

أبو سليمان عمر
04-21-2009, 09:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by FatimaAsSideqah
Jazaak'Allah Khair, akhi Umar.
‘Barak Allahu feeki
wa ayaak ukhtii
May Allah increase us all in our eman, and make firm our hearts on Islam. Ameen!

أبو سليمان عمر
04-21-2009, 09:59 PM
jazakaa allahu sorrry because my imaam levels are so low i try and do research and everyfing i love the deen and everything but i finddd it soooooooo Hard to practise i just wanted to know if any1 hassss any ideaa like easy wayss to start??? jazakaa allahu khair
wa ayaak
here you go ukhtii read this first :)
http://islamqa.com/en/ref/books/6

Question: What is the best way for a person increase his or her eman?

Answerer: Shaykh Yasir Qadhi

The single greatest way to increase your eman is to gain knowledge.

Study what eman is, study tawhid, the pillars of eman, etc. It automatically increases your eman.

Good deeds also increase eman–each and every single good deed and act of worship you perform increases your eman. Fast a day. Read Qur’an. Pray Tahajjud.

And don’t forget to make du’a, for the Prophet (صلي الله عليه وسلم) made du’a that Allah (سبحانه وتعالى) make his heart firm in Islam (i.e. increase his eman). It is narrated that he said: “o Controller of the Hearts, make my heart firm in Your faith.” [Ahmad]1

Also study the biographies and lives of the Prophet (صلي الله عليه وسلم), companions and of famous scholars. When you see all the things they did and the great trials they went through, it increases your eman.

And finally, beware of sin, for each and every sin and act you commit against Islam decreases your eman. Wasting time also decreases eman.

People of eman don’t enjoy life quite the same way as other people–they’re always busy doing something.

Contemplate the creation and it’s perfection.

zahraa
04-21-2009, 10:00 PM
ameeen ..... thanks for the dua ( but how do i actually i mean are there actually easy ways to start and practise the deen) jazaaaka allahu khair

FatimaAsSideqah
04-21-2009, 10:01 PM
Aw sister. Don't worry as we will help you insha'Allah. You can ask to Allah Taala to increase your knowledge. :)

First thing you can do to read the basic of Islam and I have got a good website to learning:

http://www.load-islam.com/indepth.php?topic_id=0

You can click 8 different of topics in that link.

Insha'Allah, it will gives you a lots of good benefits.

أبو سليمان عمر
04-21-2009, 10:02 PM
ameeen ..... thanks for the dua ( but how do i actually i mean are there actually easy ways to start and practise the deen) jazaaaka allahu khair
learning it and following

zahraa
jazaaka allahu khair i will do thanks

FatimaAsSideqah
format_quote Originally Posted by Umar^111
‘Barak Allahu feeki
wa ayaak ukhtii
May Allah increase us all in our eman, and make firm our hearts on Islam. Ameen!
Ameen on that.

Banu_Hashim
04-21-2009, 10:12 PM
Just start with the basic things and make them consistent. Everyone finds it on some level, hard practising. I find it hard at times. But this is part of the test we have to go through in this life. InshAllah, we'll be amongst those successful people raised on the Day of Judgement. Ameen.

Btw, one of the ways I found myself loving my deen and praying was learning the Arabic of the Qur'an. Now I pay a lot more attention to what I'm saying in salaah. That helps I find. :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.