/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Jinns and Devil's Ability and Strength

FatimaAsSideqah
04-22-2009, 08:50 PM
:sl:

Their ability and strength

Allah has given the jinn power and ability that He has not given humans. Allah has informed us of some of their ability, including great speed and movement.

One of the of Satanic Jinn promised Solomon that he would be able to bring the throne of Sheba to Jerusalem in a period of time that was so short that a man would not be able to stand from his of sitting. But one who had knowledge of the Book said, I will bring it before your gaze returns to you.

Allah has described this incident in the Quran with the following verses,

A stalwart of the Jinn said: I will bring it to you before you can rise from your place. Lo! I verily am strong and trusty for such work. One with whom was knowledge of the scripture said: I will bring it to you before your gaze returns to you. And when he saw it set in his presence, and he said, This is from the bounties of my Lord. (al-Naml 39-40)

They preceded mankind in matters related to space

The jinn used to go to the lowest heaven to eavesdrop on the inhabitants of the heavens in order to find out what event would occur in the future. When the Prophet was sent with his message the number of guards in the heavens were increased.

Allah says in the Quran,

And (the Jinn who had listened to the Quran said): We had sought the heaven but had found it filled with strong warders and meteors. And we used to sit on places (high) therein to listen. But he who listens now
finds a flame in wait for him
(al-Jinn 5-9).

The Prophet (peace be upon him) himself described how the jinn tried to steal the messages in the heaven. Abu Huraira reported that the Prophet (peace be upon him) informed him, When Allah decrees a matter in heaven, the angels move their wings in submission to His word which is like a chain on a smooth stone. When their hearts are delivered from fear they say, "What did your Lord say?" and receive the reply, "That which He said is the truth and He is the Most High and the Most Great." Then those who listen by stealth hear it (i.e., the jinn), and they are like this, some above others (and Sufyan a narrator, illustrated this point by turning his hand over and separating the fingers). Then one who hears the word passes it on to the one below him, and so forth until one of them passes it to the tongue of a soothsayer or diviner. Often a flame catches him before he is able to pass it on. He then mixes with it one hundred lies. statement on People then ask, "Isn't it true that he not made such a specific date", and he is believed because of that one word which was heard from the heavens. (Recorded by al-Bukhari in his Sahih.)

Source from the book called The World of Jinn and Devils

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
FatimaAsSideqah
04-22-2009, 09:50 PM
Jazaak'Allah Khair for approved.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.