Yanal
04-23-2009, 01:28 AM
Whats it about?

coddles76
04-23-2009, 01:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by GreyKode
Is that the one about meccah?
Yeah thats the one.
Miraculous in the signs that Allah SWT sends to his creation. We just have to find them. There are clues everywhere as to the almighty creator and his attributes.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Yanal
04-23-2009, 01:38 AM
Oh mashAllah in that case I will watch it.

coddles76
04-23-2009, 01:42 AM
^ Its interesting. Let me know what you think.

Yanal
04-23-2009, 01:44 AM
I can't watch it right now because I'm using iPod touch for wifi/Internet so when I get a chance to get on my computer I will watch and tell.

جوري
04-23-2009, 02:29 AM
interesting.. hmmmmmmn

أبو سليمان عمر
04-23-2009, 02:34 AM
^^^^ lol that what i was thinking was hmmm

coddles76
04-23-2009, 02:38 AM
Yeah I thought it was also. My explanation is that Allah SWT has left us with enough signs to allow us to believe in him whole heartedly.

Quran 2:164 "Behold! In the creation of the heavens and the earth; in the alternation of the Night and the Day; in the sailing of the ships through the Ocean for the profit of mankind; in the rain which Allah sends down from the skies, and the life which He gives therewith to an earth that is dead; in the beasts of all kinds that He scatters through the earth; in the change of the winds and the clouds which they trail like their slaves between the sky and the earth, (here) indeed are Signs for a people that are wise"

أبو سليمان عمر
04-23-2009, 02:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by coddles76
Yeah I thought it was also. My explanation is that Allah SWT has left us with enough signs to allow us to believe in him whole heartedly.

Quran 2:164 "Behold! In the creation of the heavens and the earth; in the alternation of the Night and the Day; in the sailing of the ships through the Ocean for the profit of mankind; in the rain which Allah sends down from the skies, and the life which He gives therewith to an earth that is dead; in the beasts of all kinds that He scatters through the earth; in the change of the winds and the clouds which they trail like their slaves between the sky and the earth, (here) indeed are Signs for a people that are wise"
indeed great answer exactly what i with thinking but Allah knows best

Yanal
04-23-2009, 03:07 AM
Great minds think alike although I have not watched it,I am understanding what the video is about because of great thinkers.

alcurad
04-23-2009, 03:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by coddles76
I like his voice :)

Yanal
04-23-2009, 03:56 AM
Add MashAllah*
PS:I moderate Annaseeha.

coddles76
04-23-2009, 04:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by alcurad
I like his voice :)
lol Yeah I thought his voice added that extra bit of intrigue to it

Whatsthepoint
04-23-2009, 08:40 PM
http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...t-1-618-a.html
I believe this is what the video is about?

Whatsthepoint
04-23-2009, 09:59 PM
The video is indeed the same as the thread, so the flaws are the same, and the video explains what a solstice line is supposed to be, apparently it is the edge of a world map designed to show Mecca lies in some sort of golden mean.

جوري
04-24-2009, 12:35 AM
I am not sure what you were trying to say in the first thread in terms of flaws, but at the same time, this is too abstract for me to classify it under anything 'miraculous' --

I understand many folks enjoy numerology.. for some reason it doesn't do much for me, except if it can decode things, like al'mutaqat3at from the Quran...

the vid gets a 'Hmmmmn interesting' but no more until it becomes less vague in terms of what it means as well the critique of the vagueness--double vagueness leaves me empty on merit.. thus I am better off watching the twilight zone followed by futurama which is what I intend to do right now......

all the best

czgibson
04-24-2009, 06:17 PM
Greetings,

The Golden Mean has fascinated people for centuries:

Some of the greatest mathematical minds of all ages, from Pythagoras and Euclid in ancient Greece, through the medieval Italian mathematician Leonardo of Pisa aka "Fibonacci" and the Renaissance astronomer Johannes Kepler, to present-day scientific figures such as Oxford physicist Roger Penrose, have spent endless hours over this simple ratio and its properties. But the fascination with the Golden Ratio is not confined just to mathematicians. Biologists, artists, musicians, historians, architects, psychologists, and even mystics have pondered and debated the basis of its ubiquity and appeal. In fact, it is probably fair to say that the Golden Ratio has inspired thinkers of all disciplines like no other number in the history of mathematics.
—Mario Livio, The Golden Ratio: The Story of Phi, The World's Most Astonishing Number
I'm not sure what this number has to do with Islam. The video is interesting, but I agree with Skye - there's nothing miraculous there.

I think the best thing about it was the way the narrator kept saying "One point six-hundred and eighteen". :D

Peace

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.