/* */

PDA

View Full Version : the stupor of death

Ummu Sufyaan
04-24-2009, 12:10 PM
:sl:
i hope this thread doesn't offend anyone and if it does, it maybe removed.

for my own personal reasons i was wondering if anyone has witnessed anyone on their death bed. i mean literally as they are dying. can you describe what it was like... for them i mean. did they look like they were in anguish or :? i mean death is described in the quran and sunnah and sounds quite scary so i was wondering if anyone can elaborate more on the state of one dying.
what about for you, did you feel affected by it? i mean was it scary to witness?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ATHEISTofPEACE
04-24-2009, 01:35 PM
It goes case by case.

ardianto
04-24-2009, 04:24 PM
Did I ever saw anyone on dying then die ?...Several times, but not on death bed .
I am living in a place where streets and roads are full of crazy people on their cars or motorbikes. Deadly accident is oftenly happen. but I will not describe how were they when they on dying. I dont want to talk about it. It is not offends me, but offends them.

أبو سليمان عمر
04-24-2009, 04:42 PM
Yes my uncle was sick for 6 months before he Died Allah have mercy on him Ameen he had cancer and was in pain for a hole 3 month May Allah reward him Ameen day in day out couldn't eat only through a straw but before he Died it was My dad mom and 2 uncles and my Lil sister in room and wallahi i hadnt seen him smile in 3 months but that day on that time he did and he was saying sahada a bunch that day Alhumdulillah but he look at his sister my mom and then looked at all of us with out a word and then cough 4 times and passed
O Allah! Forgive him and have Mercy on him and give him strength and pardon him. Be generous to him and cause his entrace to be wide and wash him with water and snow and hail.Cleanse him of his transgressions as white cloth is cleansed of stains. Give him an abode better than his home, and a family better than his family and a wife better than his wife. Take him into Paradise and protect him from the punishment of the grave (and of the fire) O Allah! Your slave, the child of Your slave is in need of Your mercy, and You are not in need of his torment. If he was pious then increase his rewards, and if he was a transgressor then pardon him.
I ask Allaah to forgive the believing men and women Ameen

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
nebula
04-24-2009, 05:03 PM
Asalaamalaykum

ive seen a few videos on youtube of some Mujahideen that were dieing and subhannallah they had such big smiles on their faces, may Allah grant all the muslims Jannah ameen.

أبو سليمان عمر
04-24-2009, 05:07 PM
Ameen

Ummu Sufyaan
04-25-2009, 01:02 PM
Wa alaykum us-Salaam
so basically, when someone is passing away, they dont always look like they are going through torture?

format_quote Originally Posted by nebula
Asalaamalaykum

ive seen a few videos on youtube of some Mujahideen that were dieing and subhannallah they had such big smiles on their faces, may Allah grant all the muslims Jannah ameen.

format_quote Originally Posted by Umar^111
Yes my uncle was sick for 6 months before he Died Allah have mercy on him Ameen he had cancer and was in pain for a hole 3 month May Allah reward him Ameen day in day out couldn't eat only through a straw but before he Died it was My dad mom and 2 uncles and my Lil sister in room and wallahi i hadnt seen him smile in 3 months but that day on that time he did and he was saying sahada a bunch that day Alhumdulillah but he look at his sister my mom and then looked at all of us with out a word and then cough 4 times and passed
O Allah! Forgive him and have Mercy on him and give him strength and pardon him. Be generous to him and cause his entrace to be wide and wash him with water and snow and hail.Cleanse him of his transgressions as white cloth is cleansed of stains. Give him an abode better than his home, and a family better than his family and a wife better than his wife. Take him into Paradise and protect him from the punishment of the grave (and of the fire) O Allah! Your slave, the child of Your slave is in need of Your mercy, and You are not in need of his torment. If he was pious then increase his rewards, and if he was a transgressor then pardon him.
I ask Allaah to forgive the believing men and women Ameen

has anyone seen/heard the opposite of that? for example, fighting death off? is it possible for someone to try do that?

أبو سليمان عمر
04-25-2009, 03:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Na7lah
Wa alaykum us-Salaam
so basically, when someone is passing away, they dont always look like they are going through torture?
No not always

Stranger_Suhaib
04-26-2009, 05:21 PM
I don't know why the only guaranteed thing in this world would "offend" or "hurt" anybody, unless they don't like thinking about death. It's gonna happen...Sorry

As the prophet (SAW) has told us: "Frequently remember 'haatim al-ladaat'(The destroyer of pleasures...being death)"

Stranger_Suhaib
04-26-2009, 05:24 PM
'Aa'ishah, may Allaah be pleased with her, said: "I have never seen anyone going through pain which is harsher than that which the Prophet sallallaahu ‘alaihi wa sallam suffered (during his death sickness)." (Bukhaari & Muslim).

Yanal
04-26-2009, 05:34 PM
My great grandmother died a year after I first visited her,she was really old and I was 10 ,I talked to her,tried to understand her but I couldn't but I stilled remained with her,after coming back to Canada,I cried for her every time a phone call came from Pakistian,after a year news came she was dead.

May Allah grant her and her family heaven and give them the best iman before dying.Ameen.

Woodrow
04-26-2009, 07:09 PM
During my college years I worked nights in a nursing home. Death was almost a daily experience to see. Most people appear to be already brain dead long before the body gives up and at that point there is nothing extraordinary. The body simply stops. That is in terms of a "Natural" death usually associated with age.

I have also seen many people die in combat and in accidents. There is much variation, many were in such horrible pain they were pleading for death.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.