/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Problems with mother

AnonymousPoster
04-24-2009, 08:35 PM
:sl:

I am an 18 year old male and I am treated like a child by my mother, everything I do I am interogated about and I am not allowed to go out with friends.

This is not only extremely fustrating but damaging to my health. Its affecting every dam thing in my life, my studies, my imaan everything. I am at the point where I feel killing myself or leaving this **** world somehow. But as usual there is no easy halal way out. My mother is such a huge trial for me its almost impossible to respect her the way she is nobody respects her, but I still try my best.

how long can she carry this on? how long can she carry on interogating me about every ****ing little thing I do? how long can she keep me imprisoned inside the house?

Islamically do I have any rights to stop this oppression by my own mother

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
glo
04-24-2009, 09:04 PM
I cannot give you Islamic advice, but at 18 you are not a child anymore.

Can you talk to your mother about her concerns about your friends?
If you are really honest with yourself, can you understand her point-of-view?
Does she perhaps have a point?

Although you are an adult in your own right, try to remember that your mother does have a whole lot more life experience than you.
She may know things and understand things, which you will only know and understand in years to come ...

I understand your frustrations, but being a mother myself I also understand your mother's feelings and concerns for you.

Try to remember that your mother feels love and care for you, and that what you perceive to be patronising and restrictive, she does out of protection and care for you.

I pray that you and your mother will find ways to communicate and understand each other better.
Perhaps you can show how mature and grown-up you are by making a start. :)

Peace

Cabdullahi
04-24-2009, 09:10 PM
If you were to experience the thoughts and the concern of a mother when her child is away you'd understand

Your mother is scared for you, because this world is riddled with fitna...just be patient give it a year or two and inshallah things will slowly get better

im the only son my mother has and my beloved mother used to lock the two doors to our house the front and back garden doors.....because i hanged out with people she didnt want me too...i resorted to jumping out of the toilet window.......oblivious to the agony i was causing to my mother

just be patient and whatever she does that might annoy you its for the better trust me

Vito
04-24-2009, 09:15 PM
Have you told her what you've come here to tell us? I'm sure she just wants whats best for you, especially now that your done / finishing school (I assume). I guess as long as you're living under their roof, they make the rules. If not hanging out with your friends is that bad to the point of wanting to commit suicide, save up money and move. Hate to sound harsh but, I think you might be going overboard with this.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Yanal
04-25-2009, 09:13 PM
Heres my story: When I was 13(a few months ago) my friends called me over to play hockey but I refused because I was scared my parents might think of me doing something bad,one day my mother picked up the phone and my friend asked her and she said yes without questioning.

Here your story is the opposite you want to get out. Here's my advice:
Try not to think about it and stay away and make excuses not to come in front of your mother,she will smile and be happy that my son does what I say. After a few days or weeks (depending on your mother) she might think the opposite and allow you to go.

Try that and inform us in a few days/weeks.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.