/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Crocodile Hunter

Kas1m
04-25-2009, 06:43 PM
Salams

I was watching crocodile hunter (Steve Irwin) last night and they went to Eglin Rangers Base and helped with them to take out dangerous species which would conflict with their training so he steve entered this tunnel made with wood and strong timber to show us how the bats live there.

these tunnels were created in the Vietnam War and are pretty strong but i wanna ask...so many years have passed, dont the termite or the insect that eats woods have eaten the tunnel away when its like deserted for many years?

or is there a certain wood that termite dont eats? thanks

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Güven
04-25-2009, 06:57 PM
Maybe there are species living there that protects their "territory" from those insects.

Termites are usually weak against other creatures.

Kas1m
04-25-2009, 06:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
Maybe there are species living there that protects their "territory" from those insects.

Termites are usually weak against other creatures.
there was snakes, bats, bees, spiders and frogs in there

Güven
04-25-2009, 07:00 PM
there you go ....

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Kas1m
04-25-2009, 07:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
there you go ....
yeah but the whole tunnel...i never knew they were weak creatures...they usually have a queen and a good colony system

Güven
04-25-2009, 07:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kasim
yeah but the whole tunnel...i never knew they were weak creatures...they usually have a queen and a good colony system

They can be easily overpowered by ants and other predators.

Kas1m
04-25-2009, 07:13 PM
Yeah quite reasonable. Anyway the whole programme was about snakes and ultimately the eastern diamondback snake. Thats a beauty

ardianto
04-27-2009, 08:51 AM
Dont you know ?, Stephen Robert Irwin (born Feb 22, 1962) has passed away on September 6, 2006. Stung by a stingray in Batt Reef near Queensland, Australia.

My family love him and love his programme, and we were very sad when he got a deadly accident.

Kas1m
04-27-2009, 01:13 PM
Yes. Very sad

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.