/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Scared of Black Magic

AnonymousPoster
04-25-2009, 09:53 PM
:sl:

I have jealous neighbours who are not really religious and im scared they might do black magic and ruin my life. think im suffering from anxiety.

i read my 4 kuls but i stil get scared so im now scared that the 4 kuls won't work because i'm still scared.

am i being stupid? i want to stay strong.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Yanal
04-25-2009, 09:59 PM
Don't fear anyone but Allah and don't think know and remember ,don't care about those people,care about your Ummah and fellow muslims and fear Allah.

You will be safe if you do that,if you get any doubts dhikr(remember Allah) and everything will inshAllah be fine.

Yanal
04-25-2009, 10:10 PM
:-O*feels shocked* there is? JazakAllah for informing me,I edited the post.

AabiruSabeel
04-25-2009, 10:51 PM

Have complete trust in Allah, none has the power to do anything except Him. La Hawla wala Quwwata illa billah There is no might nor power except with Allah.

"…If the whole nation were to gather together to benefit you they would only benefit you with that which Allaah had already written for you and if the whole nation were to gather to harm you they could only harm you with that which Allaah had already written to harm you. The pen has been lifted and the ink has dried (a phrase meaning: everything has been decreed or settled)". [At-Tirmithi]

btw, recite Ayat-Al-Kursi after every prayer, and be punctual in Fajr because:

Muslim (657) narrated that Jundub ibn ‘Abd-Allaah said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever prays Fajr is under the protection of Allaah, so do not fall short with regard to the rights of Allaah, for anyone who does that, Allaah will seize him and will throw him on his face into the Fire of Hell.”

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Tony
04-25-2009, 10:56 PM
I dont understand why so many people scared of black magic, is it a real fear or isit a fascination with occult. Allah is the only protector and only he can harm a Muslim. Allah is enough, with respect, get a grip on your deen and black magic is obsolete.

'Abdul Rahmaan
04-26-2009, 12:41 AM
Do you know about Manzil? I was scared of black magic and jinns couple of months back then someone told me to recite Manzil. I got rid of my fear alhamdulillah.

IbnAbdulHakim
04-26-2009, 12:52 AM
evil eye/black magic is very very very real. loadsa people think ive been affected by it (wont state how :uuh:)

buuut just read your kuls, trust in ALlah, always seek his protection, you should be fine, inshAllah :)

Assalamu Alaikum

The Ruler
04-26-2009, 01:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
Quite frankly, yes you are. You're just simply paranoid. Give me one good reason why you're neighbors might use black magic on you, hmm?

IbnAbdulHakim
04-26-2009, 01:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by The Ruler
Quite frankly, yes you are. You're just simply paranoid. Give me one good reason why you're neighbors might use black magic on you, hmm?
I have jealous neighbours

jelousy is sickeningly deadly....

im like the thread starter, i always seek refuge from black-magic/evil eye

The Ruler
04-26-2009, 01:07 AM
I wonder how the OP concluded that the neighbors were jealous of her/him.

Ummu Sufyaan
04-26-2009, 08:47 AM
this may sounds reeeally stupid, but can someone clarify what exactly black magic is :-[.

i mean ive heard of hasad (envy)? is it the same thing?

'Abdul Rahmaan
04-26-2009, 09:44 AM
Probably the magician reads something to call evil jinns to harm others.

nocturne
04-27-2009, 07:12 AM
Assalam,

I dont understand these fascinations with black magic. Everything happens with the Knowledge of allah (s.w.t), and there is nothing to fear, if u seek refuge in him.

ardianto
04-27-2009, 08:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender

I have jealous neighbours who are not really religious and im scared they might do black magic and ruin my life. think im suffering from anxiety.

i read my 4 kuls but i stil get scared so im now scared that the 4 kuls won't work because i'm still scared.

I can understand why you are so scared. I know black magic is still exist.

Some Muslims in my country use a paper that signed with an Ayaah, or splash their house yard with 'Du'a water' for protect them from black magic. But, dont follow them, that is Shirik.
The best protection for against black magic is your Imaan. Dont ever leave Shalaah, always make a Du'a and read Al-Quran every night. And you must believe and sure, Allah (SWT) will always protect you from evil.

One question, are you sure they might do black magic ?
Bro/Sis, as a Muslim we are not allowed to acuse someone without evidence.

IbnAbdulHakim
04-27-2009, 12:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
Quit being so cynical. In the absence of any other information, I wonder why you didn't assume the best, but rushed toward the easiest and simplest explanation of the OP being stupid?
whoah someone said something :ooh: lol

but i agree, sis its an unislamic attitude...

The Ruler
04-27-2009, 11:55 PM
Perhaps they have a reputation for it?
Perhaps the OP's seen them do it on somebody else?
Wouldn't that be suspicion? And have we not been warned against being suspicious of others?

The OP hasn't given any other clue as to why the suspicion is there,
Oh, look. It was suspicion after all.

Quit being so cynical. In the absence of any other information, I wonder why you didn't assume the best, but rushed toward the easiest and simplest explanation of the OP being stupid?
Where in my post did I suggest the OP was stupid? I simply said paranoid. Paranoia and stupidity are two very different things.

but i agree, sis its an unislamic attitude...
I don't think being blunt with someone is unislamic at all. It's necessary.

The Ruler
04-29-2009, 11:12 PM
It seems that you missed my point. Going on what is written in the first post, you don't know what proof the OP might have, so you can't say anything to suggest that the OP is just acting on suspicion.
If you have solid proof to base your suspicions on, you wouldn't ask people whether it's stupid or not.

How is it still 'suspicion', if they've seen their neighbours doing black magic with their own eyes, such that it is unmistakable?
I highly doubt that. Quite simply, seeing someone do black magic seems like something J. K. Rowling would cook up. Tell me the grimy details of doing black magic so I can acknowledge it when I see it.

"Oh, look. You did say the OP was being stupid after all"
I was answering her question. I wasn't calling her stupid. To call her stupid, I'd have to say, "quite frankly, yes you are stupid"... But I did not.

The Ruler
04-29-2009, 11:35 PM
Er, if you read the original post more closely, the poster is worried they might to magic on the OP. If the OP had solid proof of them doing magic on other people, that just proves that they have this knowledge, it doesn't prove that they will do it on the OP...
That... is what I think the OP does NOT have.

so in the absence of that, you can't assume that there is no evidence.
You have evidence you bring it forth. You don't, you can't. Simple. So in the absence of evidence, you assume there isn't one unless something is brought forth to prove otherwise.

I mean, you could assume for argument's sake, that say one of the children of the neighbours came out and explicitly told the OP that their parent's indulge in Black Magic.
Uhh, no... The OP is 'thinking'.

You answered her question: "am i being stupid?", with "quite frankly, yes you are". Are what, if not stupid? *confused*
Paranoid.

The Ruler
04-29-2009, 11:51 PM
The OP is not asking whether the OP is stupid for thinking that the neighbours do magic. The OP is asking whether the OP is stupid for thinking the neighbours will do magic on the OP.
Yes, I kinda figured that out. =_=

Uh, if you follow what I say properly, you'd realise that I meant the neighbour's kids told the OP how their parents know how to do magic - not necessarily that they already did it on the OP.
Now that is something alien-ish, wouldn't you say? Does it not strike you funny how the children might know and be stupid enough to tell the OP that too? And to do that, the children must be young and naive. To get paranoid on the words of a mere kid, you're just ridiculous.

Why would the OP NEED to give evidence in the opening post?
Because otherwise, it's a claim. A claim that's simply based on suspicion.

'Abdul Rahmaan
04-30-2009, 12:21 AM
I bet both of you guys have been the member of Ummah forum for quite some time. :bump1:

Al-Zaara
04-30-2009, 11:51 AM
You reap what you sow. What I mean with this, though, is that fear creates more fear. Don't be afraid, you have access to the greatest weapon against all black magic, namely the Qur'an. And of course, your faith in Allah. Therefor, don't fear, there is no need to inshaAllah, because you have the protection so close by you.

You can also make your relationship to your neighbours better, by inviting them and such, being good to them. Kindness is never lost nor forgotten.

Danah
04-30-2009, 12:38 PM
Place your trust in Allah and he will never let you down, make sure that you always read the ruqiyah (specific duaas and surahs for Spiritual Healing ) daily and you will be fine inshaAllah

fatwa about the ruqyah

ruqiyah recitation

This book has some interesting facts about black magic and explain the way to be protected against it

Defense Against Black Magic From Islam

hope it help

May Allah protect you and this Ummah from evil and harm

Ar-RaYYan
04-30-2009, 12:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mercurial
Do you know about Manzil? I was scared of black magic and jinns couple of months back then someone told me to recite Manzil. I got rid of my fear alhamdulillah.
what is Manzil?

'Abdul Rahmaan
04-30-2009, 02:41 PM
A collection of following verses of the Qur'an is called Manzil.

Surah Fatihah (1-7)
Surah Baqarah (1-5), (163), (255-257), (284-286)
Surah Aal-Imran (18), (26-27)
Surah Al-A'raf (54-56)
Surah Al-Isra (110-111)
Surah Muminun (115-118)
Surah As-Saffat (1-11)
Surah Ar-Rahman (33-40)
Surah Al-Hashr (21-24)
Surah Al-Jinn (1-4)
Surah Al-Kafirun (1-6)
Surah Al-Ikhlas (1-4)
Surah Al-Falaq (1-5)
Surah Al-Nas (1-6)

The Ruler
04-30-2009, 06:32 PM
To the OP, I know you must've heard this countless times, but what the heck, here it is again: No one, regardless of their stupid power (be it in black magic or whatever) can harm you unless Allah wills it. By fearing the power of black magic, you're pretty much ignoring the power Allah holds over everything. That's a form of shirk. Yah.

Most certainly he (Satan) has no power over those who truly cherish faith and are trusting upon their Lord; rather his power is limited only to those who take him as a protector (besides God) and thus associate partners with Him. (An-Nahl: 99-100)

To have reached the state where such verses have been included in the manzil booklet
The way you phrased that sentence, it seems as though the verses of the Qur'an must qualify and show their worth to be included in such a prestigious book (a book that is pretty much an innovation... And we all know what the Ptophet (saw) had to say about bid'ah, don't we? But that's a whole different topic).

And for the sake of peace, Alpha, that was not me taking the p.

AabiruSabeel
04-30-2009, 08:14 PM
Manzil is a very good protection against Jinn and sorcery. Our Prophet Sallallahu 'Alaihi wa Sallam has taught us Dua for every occasion of our Religious and Worldly needs.

It has been mentioned in a Hadith from Abu Laila (RA) that I was sitting with Rasulullah Sallallaahu 'Alaihi Wasallam when suddenly a person came and said I have a brother in pain. The Prophet Sallallaahu 'Alaihi Wasallam said what is his pain? He replies junoon (madness/ insanity). Rasulullah Sallallahu 'Alaihi wasallam said, Go back and bring him with you. He came and sat in front of Rasulullah Sallallaahu 'Alaihi Wasallam and I heard him recite the following:
-Ta'awwuz (A'oozu Billahi minash-Sahitanir Rajeem)
-Surah Al-Fatihah
-1st four ayats of Surah Al-Baqarah
-2 ayats from its middle, wa ilaahukum ilaahu waahid
-Ayatul Kursi
-3 ayats at the end of Surah Al-Baqarah
-1 ayat of Surah Aal Imraan, shahid allahu annahu la ilaha illa huwa
-and recited an ayat of Surat-ul-A'raaf, inna rabba kumullahu...
-an ayat from Surah Mu'minoon, wa man yadu maallahi ilaahaan aakara la burhaan lahu bihi...
-and an ayat of Surat Jinn, wa annahu taalaa jaddhu rabbina ...
-and 10 ayats from the beginning of Surat-us-Saaffaat
-3 ayats from the end of Surat-ul-Hashr
-Qul huwallahu ahad
-and Mu'awizatain
Hence the person (who was insane) stood up and indeed he was free of it and there was nothing wrong with him (no annoyance). [Ibn Majah]

There are many Ayat of the Holy Qur'an that have some special effect if recited with conviction. Our Prophet Sallallahu 'Alaihi wasallam recited wa ja'alna min-baini aydeehim saddan-wamin khalfihim saddan fa aghshainaahum fahum la yubsiroon when he left his house on the night of Hijrah, and his house was surrounded by young men of Quraish with naked swords in their hands, ready to kill him na'oozubillah, and yet none of them was able to see him leaving the house. Moreover, he took a handful of sand and threw it on their heads.

Similarly, there are many ahadeeth that mention recitation of a particular dua for a particular ailment. So there is nothing wrong in compiling all the ayat used for treatment in one booklet, and naming it as Manzil.
And since there is no Shar'i ruling (Sunnah/Mustahab/Fardh etc) associated with the recitation of Manzil, there is no need to prove it from the Nass (Religious texts). You may read it if you find it beneficial, or leave it.

Wallahu A'lam
http://askimam.org/fatwa/fatwa.php?a...080535efb06901

The Ruler
05-01-2009, 12:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by alcurad
if you wish to believe that ridiculous story of the prophet being 'bewitched' go ahead, but the qur'an says:
((We know best why it is they listen, when they listen to thee; and when they meet in private conference, behold, the wicked say, "Ye follow none other than a man bewitched!"))
Yusuf Ali, surah 17:AL Isra', verse 47.

the verse clearly shows that it is the allegation of 'the wicked' that the prophet was/is bewitched, a bewitched person-particularly as the supposed hadeeth says-is one afflicted with seeing things that are not, and believing oneself to have done an act while not having done it.
I don't think that the Ayah is referring to the time when the Prophet (saw) was under a... curse (?). But instead, it's referring to how the members of the Quraish and the other disbelievers thought that he (saw) was a man possessed. This is significantly different to the time the Prophet (saw) was afflicted by 'black magic'.

we take our religion form the Qur'an and the correct sunnah, not scholars of the past regardless of their precieved brilliance or not.
Yes, we do. But we can't all have our own interpretations of the Qur'an and the Sunnah. And that is where the 'brilliant scholars of the past and present', as Alpha put it, comes in.

AabiruSabeel
05-01-2009, 04:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by alcurad
if you wish to believe that ridiculous story of the prophet being 'bewitched' go ahead, but the qur'an says:
((We know best why it is they listen, when they listen to thee; and when they meet in private conference, behold, the wicked say, "Ye follow none other than a man bewitched!"))
Yusuf Ali, surah 17:AL Isra', verse 47.
Bro, you are taking the verse out of context here. As RULER said above, this verse answers the Quraish's allegation that the Prophet was a soothsayer, or mad, or affected by Jinn or magic.You can check, Surah Al-Isra is Makkaiyyah, ie revealed in Makkah, and the Prophet was affected by magic when he was in Madinah.
Read the Tafsir of Mu'awwizatain, Surah Al-Falaq, and Surah An-Naas, you will understand why these two surah were revealed and how the knots tied by that jew, Labid ibn Asim were opening on each verse.
This has been narrated by tawatur (more frequency) in tafsir, Hadeeth, and books of Seerah, it can not be denied.

there are others but this one should suffice, and the story of prophet Moses is not in contradiction with this, the verses say:
((They said: "O Moses! whether wilt thou that thou throw (first) or that we be the first to throw?"
He said, "Nay, throw ye first!" Then behold their ropes and their rods-so it seemed to him on account of their magic - began to be in lively motion!))
Yusuf Ali, surah 20:Ta-Ha, verses 65,66.

it seemed to him, not that the rods and ropes actually moved, rather it was sleigh of hand. so magic does not have affects as strong as actually changing the state of objects or moving them etc.
Yes, magic can not change the actual state of things. It just appears to be different. And if it is done on humans or animals, they can feel the effect and pain, as our Prophet Sallallahu 'Alaihi wa Sallam felt the effect and pain.

as for reading verses and prayers in a certain sequence with the belief that they actually have an affect that was not stated by the prophet or the qur'an, this is bid'a/innovation.
Alpha has answered this already. The sequence of Ayat in Manzil is based on their occurrence in the Quran. If it was contradictory to that, then the scholars would surely have objected, unless there was valid proof.
But I think, even if you read it in any order, the effect will be same, because they are just ayat from the Quran. You find these ayat, with additions and subtractions, in many books on Ruqya, even by classical scholars.
Have you read Al-Azkar by Imam Nawawi (RA)? It has got a lot of Dua(s) which you might have never heard at all.

coddles76
05-01-2009, 04:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AabiruSabeel

Have complete trust in Allah, none has the power to do anything except Him. La Hawla wala Quwwata illa billah There is no might nor power except with Allah.

"…If the whole nation were to gather together to benefit you they would only benefit you with that which Allaah had already written for you and if the whole nation were to gather to harm you they could only harm you with that which Allaah had already written to harm you. The pen has been lifted and the ink has dried (a phrase meaning: everything has been decreed or settled)". [At-Tirmithi]

btw, recite Ayat-Al-Kursi after every prayer, and be punctual in Fajr because:

Muslim (657) narrated that Jundub ibn ‘Abd-Allaah said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever prays Fajr is under the protection of Allaah, so do not fall short with regard to the rights of Allaah, for anyone who does that, Allaah will seize him and will throw him on his face into the Fire of Hell.”
Very good advice!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.