/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Do you believe in Ghosts?

جوري
04-26-2009, 12:38 AM
1-What is the Islamic view on ghosts?
2-Do you have a ghost story to share?
3-Do you think the ghost stories out there are nothing more than Jinn preying on people's fears and expectations?
4-Have you ever experienced a paranormal phenomenon?
5- There is a scientific explanation for disseminated ghost stories and it is--

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abdul Rahmaan
04-26-2009, 12:45 AM
No!

Woodrow
04-26-2009, 12:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
2-Do you have a ghost story to share?
3-Do you think the ghost stories out there are nothing more than Jinn preying on people's fears and expectations?
4-Have you ever experienced a paranormal phenomenon?
5- There is a scientific explanation for disseminated ghost stories and it is--
I can not find anything in either the Qur'an or Ahadith that would indicate Ghosts exist.

I do believe there is paranormal activity, most strongly convinced that telekinesis is a reality and possibly some degree of mind reader, especially among people that are very close to each other.

I believe Ghost stories can be explained in terms of telekinesis, mental telepathy, Jinns and Hallucinations.

جوري
04-26-2009, 12:48 AM
interesting akhi, Jazaka Allah..
this was sparked by this program I watched, entitled 'Scary but True'
Where they lock folks up in allegedly haunted places with a camera and then, they record all this 'paranormal' activity or it registers on their machine or cameras.. I was/am really curious how every day folks explain those events...

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
04-26-2009, 12:49 AM
my answer to anything i cant explain is i dont know.

but by ghosts, you gotta be specific.

djinns can DEFINITLY be classified as ghosts, cant see em n they can influence our lives. what better definition can you get? :D

Cabdullahi
04-26-2009, 12:52 AM
I was on my bed one day,it was raining heavily....and just when i was about to sleep and my eye lids were going to meet each other i was grabbed by the neck it a was dark grey floating object that had three chins........im kidding

I dont believe in ghost...but jinns? absolutely

I think most ghost stories are linked with psychology....the brain sometimes plays funny tricks...and also if a person is isolated.....fear is generated and that magnifies everything

alcurad
04-26-2009, 12:53 AM
7-ghosts don't exist, neither do jinn as most laymen think of them. it is easy to attribute the movement of shadows or whatever is seen in the peripheral as ghost, the more primitive a people, the more they believe such things-no offense-
in Islam, my own view is that jinn don't exist as a separate creation, ie. they have no overtly physical presence, rather they are more or less mental constructs,useful to keep people away from certain actions.

PS I didn't start this thread, but please bros & sisters don't ruin it by pasting humongous replies by a mufti etc. just post the link if you have to, otherwise we could all post giant posts that no one reads, sorry sister Sky, had to say it since the uninitiated are many :)

IbnAbdulHakim
04-26-2009, 12:55 AM
in Islam, my own view is that jinn don't exist as a separate creation, ie. they have no overtly physical presence, rather they are more or less mental constructs,useful to keep people away from certain actions.
wrong!

jinns are a physical entity!

they have been mentioned time and time again in the Quran and hadiths.

They were part of a whole army for sulaiman alaihissalaam.

i dont know where you got that from

Assalamu Alaikum

ps: sorry if i misunderstood you ;D

The Ruler
04-26-2009, 12:58 AM
Nope.

جوري
04-26-2009, 01:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fighting4Iman
wrong!

jinns are a physical entity!

they have been mentioned time and time again in the Quran and hadiths.

They were part of a whole army for sulaiman alaihissalaam.

i dont know where you got that from

Assalamu Alaikum

ps: sorry if i misunderstood you ;D
My grandmother had this several hundred years old house now abandoned, and several people reported seeing () in the mirror, several times they saw him during fajr time making ablution in an almost other dimensional type setting, mostly he was seen in the mirror and my grandmother had the craziest largest mirrors all over her house.. I certainly wouldn't call them a ghost, but let's just say when me and my cousins were sleeping over at night, none of us dared to use the bathroom after dark, because we knew we had to bypass (that room) lol...

alcurad
04-26-2009, 01:10 AM
^maybe they saw your grandfather doing his ablutions :)?

Fighting4Iman, read just before the red highlight,,

IbnAbdulHakim
04-26-2009, 01:10 AM
^ that sounds like an adventure

hmm i kno someone who had constant communication with jinns, and due to this person i even had communication with them, and my niece saw them.. so did others

as soon as this person found out we shouldnt intentionally be in contact we ceased all lines of communication.

so my belief in them is pretty strong lol.

Assalamu Alaikum

جوري
04-26-2009, 01:12 AM
Nope .. they referred to this one as 'Abu dahr a7mar' for obvious reasons..

my uncle did report seeing my grandfather once when he was very sick and my mom as well, as she was looking after my uncle but that was a one time deal.. he looked human.. this other character didn't ...

IbnAbdulHakim
04-26-2009, 01:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by alcurad
^

Fighting4Iman, read just before the red highlight,,
lol i guess i did misunderstand after all

i do that :exhausted

sorry bro :D

Assalamu Alaikum

جوري
04-26-2009, 01:13 AM
^ that sounds like an adventure

hmm i kno someone who had constant communication with jinns, and due to this person i even had communication with them, and my niece saw them.. so did others

as soon as this person found out we shouldnt intentionally be in contact we ceased all lines of communication.

Assalamu Alaikum
I had several experiences as a child, and they were playful not scary but I always wondered as an adult if I just couldn't differentiate between dreaming and reality.. except of course when there were objects missing or found etc..

Yanal
04-26-2009, 01:14 AM
So can't I find anything about ghosts,just that the closest to ghosts are jinns(simply put).

Ibn Abi Ahmed
04-26-2009, 01:19 AM
7-ghosts don't exist, neither do jinn as most laymen think of them. it is easy to attribute the movement of shadows or whatever is seen in the peripheral as ghost, the more primitive a people, the more they believe such things-no offense-
:sl:

Your view then, akhi, is not in line with mainstream Islam, it is heretical. It lacks any basis from any of the Islamic sources and is based on nothing except your whims. Perhaps you may consider yourself a scholar (as you said those who believe in Jinn are 'laymen'), but you should know that your view is fringe.

The fact that they are a separate creation is clear from many ayaat of the Qur'an, one doesn't even need to bring ahadeeth to prove this point.

{And there were men from mankind who sought refuge in men from the jinn, so they [only] increased them in burden.}
{And, when We directed to you a few of the jinn, listening to the Qur'an. And when they attended it, they said, "Listen quietly." And when it was concluded, they went back to their people as warners.}
{[Satan] said, "I am better than him. You created me from fire and created him from clay.}
{And [mention] when We said to the angels, "Prostrate to Adam," and they prostrated, except for Iblees. He was of the jinn and departed from the command of his Lord. Then will you take him and his descendants as allies other than Me while they are enemies to you? Wretched it is for the wrongdoers as an exchange.}
{ Indeed, he sees you, he and his tribe, from where you do not see them.}
{But they have attributed to Allah partners - the jinn, while He has created them}
{Likewise did We make for every Messenger an enemy,- evil ones among men and jinns, inspiring each other with flowery discourses by way of deception.}
{And, the Day when He will gather them together [and say], "O company of jinn, you have [misled] many of mankind."}
{"O company of jinn and mankind,}
{Say: "If the whole of mankind and Jinns were to gather together to produce the like of this Qur'an, they could not produce the like thereof, even if they backed up each other with help and support.}
{ And among the jinn were those who worked for him by the permission of his Lord.}
{A powerful one from among the jinn said, "I will bring it to you before you rise from your place, and indeed, I am for this [task] strong and trustworthy."}

alcurad
04-26-2009, 01:29 AM
yes brother, I'm quite aware of the above verses, but this will probably derail the thread, not to mention take a while to explain, so I'd rather not explain.
it doesn't really matter if it's fringe or not, most laymen know very little of their religion, regardless of me being a scholar or not :)

nebula
04-26-2009, 01:31 AM
If you mean ghost as in Jinn then yes i do Believe in Ghosts(Jinn) because Allah has created them and us, they do worship Allah and some of them don't. They will also be judged on youm al-Qiyamah. Also my elder brother has seen a jinn, i believe him.

nebula
04-26-2009, 01:34 AM
btw why have a few people said they don't believe in ghosts? ghosts=jinn do they not?

Ibn Abi Ahmed
04-26-2009, 01:34 AM
yes brother, I'm quite aware of the above verses, but this will probably derail the thread, not to mention take a while to explain, so I'd rather not explain.
it doesn't really matter if it's fringe or not, most laymen know very little of their religion, regardless of me being a scholar or not :)
I posted the verses not only for you, I'm sure you've read them, but so that someone who may have read your post and believed it will see that the concept you have espoused therein is quite in the wrong and thus not fall into the same belief. :)

alcurad
04-26-2009, 01:37 AM
that would work if posting verses was enough brother :), I'm not so unaware of the different views on this, rather practically it doesn't matter that much if you take it too seriously or not.

nebula
04-26-2009, 01:39 AM
^ bro don't you believe that Jinn exist? or do you think they aren't creatures

TabTabiun
04-26-2009, 01:55 AM

PS I didn't start this thread, but please bros & sisters don't ruin it by pasting humongous replies by a mufti etc. just post the link if you have to, otherwise we could all post giant posts that no one reads, sorry sister Sky, had to say it since the uninitiated are many :)
As-Salaamu Alaikum, You don't believe in jinns? What about Surahtul-Nas? Minal Jinaati Wa Nas. Wallahi jinns exist Allah told us, and he is not a liar.

alcurad
04-26-2009, 01:58 AM
*sigh* I didn't say they don't exist, not to mention that particular sura is not proof at all brother TabTabiun.

جوري
04-26-2009, 03:23 AM
Perhaps Br. Alcurad means, there is a Hijab/veil between us and them and thus we can't really communicate or view with them as folks commonly allege?
Who knows?... I do find stories of Jinn more rampant in the middle east than in the west.. but then again, there are more ghost stories in the west than there are in the middle east...

now let's all be brothers and sisters in Islam and get back to answering my original q's pls -- that is if folks are still interested.. especially in sharing paranormal stories ...

Danah
04-26-2009, 03:37 AM
I answered that ghosts are probably just jinn. I do believe on them as creatures and the I only discription I can give for them is jinn

Wallahu A'alam

nebula
04-26-2009, 03:37 AM
My brother saw a jinn when he was young it was a day or two before eid, he described it as a tall hairy thing, it turned around and looked at him as he walked into the bathroom to make wudu, he then starting screaming and ran to my parents bedroom. I was a cute little baby at the time he saw it, but now as hes older he told me that he believes hes been scarred for life from this experience, now that hes 20+ he still sleeps with his light on etc loads of stuff that he does is weird but he says he feels frightened even till this day. My brothers not a lier alhumdulilah, hes a trustable person and i know he would never lie about something like this, he knows the punishment for lieing.

Only a few months ago me and him both read this hadeeth from Tamim ad Dari regarding Dajjal when he says that there was a tall hairy jinn called al jasasa, and it was described also as tall and hairy. We were both kinda shocked because my brothers description of his Jinn was exactly the same as this, and my brother never even heard about this hadeeth, and my brother told me his encounter with that jinn many years back.

alcurad
04-26-2009, 03:38 AM
^yes sister, that is exactly what I meant, I don't think we can see them, or interact in any way with them, but It doesn't matter that much anyway for this thread atleast :)
I mean share as much as you want, it is interesting, rather I was stating my opinion.

PS I think most would be asleep right about now, given that most are from the northern hemisphere,,

جوري
04-26-2009, 03:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by nebula
My brother saw a jinn when he was young it was a day or two before eid, he described it as a tall hairy thing, it turned around and looked at him as he walked into the bathroom to make wudu, he then starting screaming and ran to my parents bedroom. I was a cute little baby at the time he saw it, but now as hes older he told me that he believes hes been scarred for life from this experience, now that hes 20+ he still sleeps with his light on etc loads of stuff that he does is weird but he says he feels frightened even till this day. My brothers not a lier alhumdulilah, hes a trustable person and i know he would never lie about something like this, he knows the punishment for lieing.

Only a few months ago me and him both read this hadeeth from Tamim ad Dari regarding Dajjal when he says that there was a tall hairy jinn called al jasasa, and it was described also as tall and hairy. We were both kinda shocked because my brothers description of his Jinn was exactly the same as this, and my brother never even heard about this hadeeth, and my brother told me his encounter with that jinn many years back.

sob7an Allah how interesting.. Do you think that Jinn are afraid of the light or appear only in dark deserted places?

I remember I was feeling a little uneasy one night and I couldn't sleep until I turned the TV on, had it on until I fell asleep...but I think it was a false sense of comfort...

there is certainly so much about this world that we don't know...

nebula
04-26-2009, 03:53 AM
sis theres this book i read which is really good, it uses quran and hadeeth soruces and describes the different aspects of Jinn and Devils worlds, i forgot what its called tho.

I don't think Jinn are afraid of Light :P i think thats dracullas :P

edit: here is the book i read, http://www.astrolabe.com/product/168...nd_Devils.html

جوري
04-26-2009, 04:08 AM
I have two books on jinn, one in Arabic called 'weqayat al'insan min al'jinn wa shytan' for some reasons I don't enjoy reading books on jinn.. I think as a general rule.. 'if you think of the devil, he'll show up at your doorsteps' :haha: so I have an aversion for such things...

I was asking about the light because you also stated that your brother sleeps with some night lights..

nebula
04-26-2009, 04:10 AM
oh he sleeps with night lights because he just feels safer lol i don't think it keeps the jinn away tho, but im sure it would be much more scary for a jinn to be in ur room and infront of you when you can hardly see its face :S id rather see a jinn in light to be honest.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
04-26-2009, 04:11 AM

Two topics that people can talk about without stopping: Marriage and Jinns :D
Wallaahu 'alam. I do remember hearing in a lecture long ago where the speaker was asked this question. He wasn't sure, but he said that perhaps it can be the jinn of a person that has already died, seeing as how every person has a companion from amongst the jinn with him, i.e the qareen, so when the person died, his qareen is still alive and wallahu 'alam can take the form of the deceased.

جوري
04-26-2009, 04:11 AM
oh he sleeps with night lights because he just feels safer lol i don't think it keeps the jinn away tho, but im sure it would be much more scary for a jinn to be in ur room and infront of you when you can hardly see its face :S id rather see a jinn in light to be honest.
I'd rather not see jinn at all :D

perhaps I shouldn't be talking about jinns and ghosts so close to sleep time... :-[

جوري
04-26-2009, 04:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd al-Rahman

Wallaahu 'alam. I do remember hearing in a lecture long ago where the speaker was asked this question. He wasn't sure, but he said that perhaps it can be the jinn of a person that has already died, seeing as how every person has a companion from amongst the jinn with him, i.e the qareen, so when the person died, his qareen is still alive and wallahu 'alam can take the form of the deceased.

Marriage is so passe....

Do you think that is how that's how 'Lisa Williams' does it? though I personally think the whole thing is an act... she stands there and tells people very specific things about their deceased loved ones.. :hmm:

nebula
04-26-2009, 04:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd al-Rahman

lol so true :P,

أبو سليمان عمر
04-26-2009, 04:30 AM
Have any of you seen a person with a jinn in him?

جوري
04-26-2009, 04:32 AM
No.. have you?

أبو سليمان عمر
04-26-2009, 04:32 AM
YES a few :(

جوري
04-26-2009, 04:33 AM
Share the stories pls..

جوري
04-26-2009, 04:35 AM
btw do qareens have a different life expectancy as per Br. Abur'Rahman's comment?

أبو سليمان عمر
04-26-2009, 04:45 AM
there is a few but ill say one inshallah a neighbor in yemen had a jinn and he used to get Quran read to him but this is the story he use to pray all Fard in misjid and when he pray somtime he would scream and when we talk to him he says sometimes the jinn makes it seem like a lady is in front of him well salah and somtimes his wife she had passed so we were pray tarawih and he starts yelling and pushing ppl so 4 men grow man tried to hold him down and couldnt finely they mange to get him out side and once he was outside he was fine again
or my cousin i took him to the qarit and there was a sister there and she sound like a man when she was screaming but anyhow my cousin when they qarit was talking i thought this is fake so i sat and my cousin started make this weird noise and said time for us to go i said chill a min let him do what he do and the man shouted at me cousin talk to me whats your name my cousin wasnt answer so i said ahaemd and he told me to be quite the qarit told me so i watch silently and the noise was kind of a crazy noise like a burp but holding in the burp and a weird burp at that so im like wow maybe somthing is wrong with him he keep saying umar lets go now i was quite and man would yell at him to talk to him so he stated to read quran and i went outside for the rest of the session

أبو سليمان عمر
04-26-2009, 04:46 AM
Ps i wouldnt go back there so we asked the man to come to house from that day on

أبو سليمان عمر
04-26-2009, 04:51 AM
btw do qareens have a different life expectancy as per Br. Abur'Rahman's comment?

what do u mean but different life expectancy

Danah
04-26-2009, 04:54 AM
So, what now? I am interested to know.....are they Jinn or different kind of creatures?

جوري
04-26-2009, 04:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umar^111
there is a few but ill say one inshallah a neighbor in yemen had a jinn and he used to get Quran read to him but this is the story he use to pray all Fard in misjid and when he pray somtime he would scream and when we talk to him he says sometimes the jinn makes it seem like a lady is in front of him well salah and somtimes his wife she had passed so we were pray tarawih and he starts yelling and pushing ppl so 4 men grow man tried to hold him down and couldnt finely they mange to get him out side and once he was outside he was fine again
or my cousin i took him to the qarit and there was a sister there and she sound like a man when she was screaming but anyhow my cousin when they qarit was talking i thought this is fake so i sat and my cousin started make this weird noise and said time for us to go i said chill a min let him do what he do and the man shouted at me cousin talk to me whats your name my cousin wasnt answer so i said ahaemd and he told me to be quite the qarit told me so i watch silently and the noise was kind of a crazy noise like a burp but holding in the burp and a weird burp at that so im like wow maybe somthing is wrong with him he keep saying umar lets go now i was quite and man would yell at him to talk to him so he stated to read quran and i went outside for the rest of the session

:sl: are you sure he didn't just suffer from schizophrenia with echolalia which can accompany schizophrenia..

in other words, what made you believe beyond a reasonable doubt that it is jinn and not mental illness?

جوري
04-26-2009, 05:00 AM
what do u mean but different life expectancy

Br. Abdur'Rahman, mentioned that when a person dies the qareen is left behind, which would explain for instance why some report sighting of a woman in black, or a colonel or their uncle who are said to haunt or leave an impression on a place...

So I just wanted to know why a qareen doesn't die when the person dies, or if they die at all, or how long do they live in general as well what is the nature of a qareen? are they jinn?

أبو سليمان عمر
04-26-2009, 05:02 AM
It wasnt me and was for a long time i got to yemen and they were already taking him to the qarit and how we know well the qarit said and he has talk to the jinn in him he was fine 4 years ago i came to usa and went back and and they told him he started changing slowly but that is what i thought a first you would have to see it to believe it for along time i thought same thing but the more i saw they qarit read to him the more i was convinced
but i guess Allah Knows best i think it is qarit said he has talk to the jinn everyone there thinks it is he will say it somtimes and reject it other times

أبو سليمان عمر
04-26-2009, 05:07 AM
well i dont know if they die when the person dies but they do die when it is time for them to die and some do live in a place and dont leave i dont believe but never tried it either there was a house that people said if yu try to sleep in it you wake up on street they say jinn take them and their things out but i am not sure about it

أبو سليمان عمر
04-26-2009, 05:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SAYA
So, what now? I am interested to know.....are they Jinn or different kind of creatures?
i dont understand what you are asking ?

Danah
04-26-2009, 05:13 AM
i dont understand what you are asking ?
brother, I meant what is the exact nature of Ghost, can we consider them as Jinn, or something else?

أبو سليمان عمر
04-26-2009, 05:14 AM
brother, I meant what is the exact nature of Ghost, can we consider them as Jinn, or something else?
:) i dont believe there is ghost but i do believe there is jinn can we say they are same thing i dont think so a ghost is the spirit if a dead person or animal etc i dont believe jinn are alive as we are they marry eat sleep they have their own world

Danah
04-26-2009, 05:24 AM
^ sure, we cant deny the Jinn existence, can we call Ghosts 3afarit?

What is the 3efrit anyways? anyone have any clue?

they are different than Jinn, I remember reading an aayah on Quran about Prophet Solayman when he wanted to bring the throne of Sa'ba from Yemen

A stalwart of the jinn said: I will bring it thee before thou canst rise from thy place. Lo! I verily am strong and trusty for such work [27:39]

قَالَ عِفۡرِيتٌ۬ مِّنَ ٱلۡجِنِّ أَنَا۟ ءَاتِيكَ بِهِۦ قَبۡلَ أَن تَقُومَ مِن مَّقَامِكَ*ۖ وَإِنِّى عَلَيۡهِ لَقَوِىٌّ أَمِينٌ۬ (٣٩)

جوري
04-26-2009, 05:30 AM
^ sure, we cant deny the Jinn existence, can we call Ghosts 3afarit?

What is the 3efrit anyways? anyone have any clue?

they are different than Jinn, I remember reading an aayah on Quran about Prophet Solayman when he wanted to bring the throne of Sa'ba from Yemen

A stalwart of the jinn said: I will bring it thee before thou canst rise from thy place. Lo! I verily am strong and trusty for such work [27:39]

قَالَ عِفۡرِيتٌ۬ مِّنَ ٱلۡجِنِّ أَنَا۟ ءَاتِيكَ بِهِۦ قَبۡلَ أَن تَقُومَ مِن مَّقَامِكَ*ۖ وَإِنِّى عَلَيۡهِ لَقَوِىٌّ أَمِينٌ۬ (٣٩)
By. Br. Ansar Al 'Adl

Good question. An Ifrit actually means someone who specializes in their field of study and has attained a very high degree of knowledge/power. So technically, a medical doctor, a chemist, biologist, etc. these are Ifrit.

However, the term Ifrit has been reserved for the powerful Jinns because of the Qur'an's usage:

27:39 Said an 'Ifrit, of the Jinns: "I will bring it to thee before thou rise from thy council: indeed I have full strength for the purpose, and may be trusted."

So it doesn't have to be a bad jinn, just any powerful Jinn. Many times it would refer to a powerful evil Jinn.

http://www.islamicboard.com/comparat...-interior.html

Danah
04-26-2009, 05:43 AM
By. Br. Ansar Al 'Adl

Good question. An Ifrit actually means someone who specializes in their field of study and has attained a very high degree of knowledge/power. So technically, a medical doctor, a chemist, biologist, etc. these are Ifrit.

However, the term Ifrit has been reserved for the powerful Jinns because of the Qur'an's usage:

27:39 Said an 'Ifrit, of the Jinns: "I will bring it to thee before thou rise from thy council: indeed I have full strength for the purpose, and may be trusted."

So it doesn't have to be a bad jinn, just any powerful Jinn. Many times it would refer to a powerful evil Jinn.

http://www.islamicboard.com/comparat...-interior.html

so are they one kind of Jinn?

there are Jinn, 3efrit, and Mard as far as I can tell:
- The Mard is a kind of Shaitan -as it stated in Quran-, so its another story.....
- The Jinn can be Muslim or non-Muslim (I think there is another name for the non-muslims Jinn but I dont remember)

- The 3efrit is the thing that I am not sure about yet.

one more thing, if the Jinn are created from fire and Shaitan is created as well from fire, then it could be that the are descended from the same kind, no?

جوري
04-26-2009, 05:45 AM
the definition of a 3frit is given above sis.. 'a powerful jinn'

and Allah swt knows best

crayon
04-26-2009, 08:56 AM
Well, what is a "ghost"?

Merriam-Webster says it's:
-a disembodied soul ; especially : the soul of a dead person believed to be an inhabitant of the unseen world or to appear to the living in bodily likeness

-spirit, demon

If it's the first definition, then I don't know.. I don't know if Islam mentions anything about things like that. If it's the second definition, then yes; jinn. I believe any supernatural occurrence that occurs, and is thought to be the work of ghosts, is merely jinn.

Oh, but Bloody Mary does not exist, that I am certain of..:><:

$tranger
04-26-2009, 09:12 AM
interesting akhi, Jazaka Allah..
this was sparked by this program I watched, entitled 'Scary but True'
Where they lock folks up in allegedly haunted places with a camera and then, they record all this 'paranormal' activity or it registers on their machine or cameras.. I was/am really curious how every day folks explain those events...

don't u mean 'Strange but Ture'? I remember that yeeeeaaaaars ago!

R'nt Jinns the same as ghosts? :-\

Güven
04-26-2009, 09:49 AM
No it's SCARY but true , I remember that show. :skeleton:
And I also saw this show at Discovery channel ...I think it was called "Most Haunted"

I used to watch it everyday , It was scaryyy :D

aren't Ghosts , the spirits of the death btw ?

Snowflake
04-26-2009, 09:51 AM

Assalamu Alaikum
This reminds me of something that I experienced in my days of Jahaliyah. MY parents were going through a hard time and during that time I visited Pakistan. My aunt took me to a man who had a jinn. The man who was now old was a muallim and the Jin had been his student as a child. After completing al-Quran he appeared to him and offered his services to him. The muallim refused but the jinn insisted and the rest is history...

So, during our visit the muallim covered my and my aunty's head wit a sheet saying we could not see the Jinn as we'd get frightened since he actually appears and we were to say salam to him when he did.

The muallim began reciting something and next we heard a great booming voice as if it were coming from a stereo surround system. Bear in mind this place was a masjid in the poorest of villages and as far as I know without electricity.

Anywayz to cut it short, I had a convo with the Jinn. And he told me some 'truths' about the problem my parents were facing. But that isn't surprising. The strange thing was I developed a fascination with the Jinn. He had a beautiful muslim name and after my return to the UK, I would call upon him by his name. Perhaps I wanted him to appear. After days/weeks (can't remember) I had a dream and in the dream I sensed a presence and I knew it was him. But sadly, in my dream a voice told me to stop calling him. So yeh I had to stop trying to contact him which I did - just incase he got mad at me lol.

I believe ghosts are Jinns and they do appear as humans@Curad. Ghosts aren't spirits of the dead as many people believe as spirits cannot escape the Barzakh at will. Br. Woodrow's post was bang on.

Güven
04-26-2009, 09:57 AM
no I don't think Ghosts are Jinn.

Ghosts are classified as Spirits of the Death. (Fictional)

and Jinns are Creatures of the Unseen.

Snowflake
04-26-2009, 02:18 PM
^all paranormal energies are jinns whether they are classed as ghosts, demons, fairies etc etc

There are jinss that are short, they often appear as children or small animals. They are classed as badawe in my lingo. Female jiins are classed as churails or bad spirits. People assume them to be different entities. But in fact they are different forms of the jinnkind.

idk
04-26-2009, 02:34 PM
Ghosts = spirits of the dead. So if i was to die then I would come back and haunt some poor person who happened to live in a house that i was killed in or something. I dont think Allah would let that happen - and the dead dont come back, ever. Once your dead, your dead and you cant leave your grave no matter who killed you.

idk
04-26-2009, 02:35 PM
Oh, but i believe in Djinn oviousely, I have had a LOT of watched experiences, felt something sit on my chest so i couldnt breathe and sometimes the air turns cold, just like that.

Muezzin
04-26-2009, 04:06 PM
btw why have a few people said they don't believe in ghosts? ghosts=jinn do they not?
Ghosts are the spirits of dead people.

Jinn are completely different beings, rather than the spirit of a dead person.

I don't believe in ghosts.

But I do believe in Ghostbusters.

As for (pseudo) scientific reasoning for ghost sightings, there's a fascinating school of thought that says apparitions are imprints rather than autonomous beings, essentially 'photographs' or 'recordings' playing over and over in the fabric of quantum reality. Very entertaining.

S_87
04-26-2009, 08:51 PM

dont believe in ghosts but jinns-definitely. Did you guys know that we all have qareens?

FatimaAsSideqah
04-26-2009, 10:02 PM

Ghosts from the dead, there are nothing in Hadiths and Al-Quran.

These are all fictions.

burdenofbeing
04-27-2009, 02:11 PM

I'm with randi on this one..

Snowflake
04-27-2009, 04:12 PM
Yeh I know ghosts are spirits of the dead.. what Im saying is that what people think are 'ghosts of dead people' are actually jinns or some other phenomena br. Woodrow explained.

syilla
04-27-2009, 04:40 PM
u should know that jinn can mimic human actions...and they are very playful

Snowflake
04-27-2009, 04:48 PM
yup sis.. the jin i refered to before appear as small animals like lambs and when people have picked them up they have started growing bigger and bigger nearly giving people a heart attack! ;D

BoredAgnostic
04-27-2009, 05:28 PM
Yes..I believe in ghosts.

Supposedly my mother, aunt and father have seen ghosts and I *believe* I've seen one before.

Woke up one night, and it was pitch dark (I was completely sober) and I felt my way to the door. I stepped into the hallway and for some reason I turned around and there was a translucent head of an old women coming at me rather fast..so I backed up really quickly, almost fell down the stairs..then it disappeared. I don't know what it was exactly..but eh.

Soulja Girl
04-27-2009, 05:33 PM

If you're talkin about ghosts, then no! They be maded up, Jinns, yes! =)

جوري
04-28-2009, 04:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah
This reminds me of something that I experienced in my days of Jahaliyah. MY parents were going through a hard time and during that time I visited Pakistan. My aunt took me to a man who had a jinn. The man who was now old was a muallim and the Jin had been his student as a child. After completing al-Quran he appeared to him and offered his services to him. The muallim refused but the jinn insisted and the rest is history...

So, during our visit the muallim covered my and my aunty's head wit a sheet saying we could not see the Jinn as we'd get frightened since he actually appears and we were to say salam to him when he did.

The muallim began reciting something and next we heard a great booming voice as if it were coming from a stereo surround system. Bear in mind this place was a masjid in the poorest of villages and as far as I know without electricity.

Anywayz to cut it short, I had a convo with the Jinn. And he told me some 'truths' about the problem my parents were facing. But that isn't surprising. The strange thing was I developed a fascination with the Jinn. He had a beautiful muslim name and after my return to the UK, I would call upon him by his name. Perhaps I wanted him to appear. After days/weeks (can't remember) I had a dream and in the dream I sensed a presence and I knew it was him. But sadly, in my dream a voice told me to stop calling him. So yeh I had to stop trying to contact him which I did - just incase he got mad at me lol.

I believe ghosts are Jinns and they do appear as humans@Curad. Ghosts aren't spirits of the dead as many people believe as spirits cannot escape the Barzakh at will. Br. Woodrow's post was bang on.

Your story gave me goose pimples..In the Quran we are told that folks who use Jinn will be and are in very bad (zadohoum rahaqa) ..:skeleton:

and Allah swt knows best..

btw, from your other post.. how many different types of Jinns are there?

~Taalibah~
04-29-2009, 05:40 PM
Jinn-yes.
Ghosts- as in ppls souls coming back to haunt etc- no

Zahida
04-29-2009, 07:45 PM
:sl: Never seen one and pray to Allah that I never see one either!!!!!!!!!!!:skeleton::w:

nebula
04-29-2009, 07:47 PM
i wanna see a jinn! :thumbs_up

Zahida
04-29-2009, 07:51 PM
:sl: Hehehehe brother don't be too sure!!!!!!!!!!!:w::bump1:
i wanna see a jinn! :thumbs_up

nebula
04-29-2009, 07:53 PM
i think id be able to handle it :shade: if things get out of control ill just recite the Quran.

Zahida
04-29-2009, 07:55 PM
:sl: MahshAllah.............and then run!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bump1::w:
i think id be able to handle it :shade: if things get out of control ill just recite the Quran.

Güven
04-29-2009, 08:56 PM
no need for running , just stay there and talk and make friends :D

alcurad
04-29-2009, 09:04 PM
^no one's that lonely:/

جوري
04-29-2009, 11:02 PM
^^^ :lol: so true.. aside from that, I don't know that you can run fast enough.. Jinn and angels aren't subject to our laws of physics hmmmmmmmmn

جوري
04-29-2009, 11:13 PM
I know as much about angels as I do of jinn, which is next to nothing.. but will say this much, during the last ten of Ramadan, there is one Mosque in particular which I can honestly say I believe the angels to be walking along with those who enter.. it is a strange feeling like no other and I don't have an adjective for it.. I was even told so by a kaffir friend completely out of the blues, basically vocalized that strange peaceful feeling...

Maybe children can see them but I don't know...
I know that I read once an incident of a young man who was to visit his friend and he met with a very handsome person on his way too, who asked him where he was headed, the young man stated, I am going to my friend, the handsome man asked him, why do you need something from him? and the young man said, No, I simply love him in Allah, and so he was told in return that he is loved by the one in whose names he loves .....

don't ask me to validate the story but I believe it to be true insha'Allah..

Güven
04-29-2009, 11:24 PM
humans can't see the things which are made unseen for us including Angels.
They can't see their true form I mean. they are physically not capable of.

only The Prophet(pbuh) did see the true form of Jibreel twice but even he had hardships to comprehend it.

I dunno about Angels in human forms though.

and I've heard Animals, especially dogs can see them. Allahu Alim

Güven
04-29-2009, 11:46 PM
They see the Jinn, so it's not a surprise for them to see the Angels either.

Allahu Alim though.

I would love to meet an Angel in Human form. :-[ lol

Güven
04-29-2009, 11:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
Lol, that's a line you can save for your wife: "Darling, you're an angel in human form :-["
no skip the Human form.

Just say "Darling, YOU ARE A REAL ANGEL! :ooh:"

orsomething

Muezzin
04-30-2009, 10:27 AM
Darlings, these sort of angel-chat-up-lines probably belong in the Brothers' forum.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.