/* */

PDA

View Full Version : namaaz help!

atif_hussain
04-26-2009, 08:05 PM
:sl: my dear brothers and sisters!
whenever i read namaz i know my niyat is clean etc im in wudu and i now my translation of my namaz so i know what im praying and i also know who i am praying to, the almight Allah swt.
now the only thing that bothers me is that sometimes in namaz i start to get thoughts and kind of lose concentration of namaz.
for example i will be praying namaz and i will just suddenly think about what im going to do next once i have read namaz, or i strt remembering other things etc!

is there a way i can completely concentrate in my ibaadah to Allah? ive tried to do translation of namaz and i know what i am praying and the meaning of namaz etc but anything else i can do?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Yanal
04-26-2009, 08:26 PM
Remember Allah and his punishments and his rewards.

GreyKode
04-26-2009, 08:27 PM
ive tried to do translation of namaz and i know what i am praying and the meaning of namaz etc but anything else i can do?
This is a very good approach to understand and imagine what the surahs you are reciting talk about, like in the story of prophet joseph(as) or moses(as). I recommend praying in Jama'a as much as possible since it is better in terms of concentration especially if the Imam has a good voice.:D

UmmSqueakster
04-26-2009, 09:24 PM
MashaAllah, I just heard some excellent advice on this very subject.

Sit for some minutes before the prayer and make dhikr, or simply keep your mind focused on Allah (swt). inshaAllah at this time, your mind will begin to wander, and you'll be thinking all those thoughts that have distracted you before in prayer. Then, when you stand for prayer, your mind will be tired of the distractions and ready to focus on Allah (swt).

Similarly, you can pray the sunnah and nafil salat before the fard. As with above, your mind may wander during these salat, but by the time fard comes, you are ready to focus.

Think of it as a warm up. One would never run a marathon without first warming up, jogging a bit, doing some stretches, etc. If you start to run a marathon without that, you're probably not going to make it very far.

Similarly, we should warm up for our fard salat. We're going about our day, absorbed in the dunya. How can we immediately jump into worship of Allah (swt) without warming up to clear our mind first?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Al-Hanbali
04-26-2009, 09:27 PM
:salamext:

Hatim al Asamm (rahimahullaah), one of the Salaf-us-Saliheen (pious predecessors), was asked about his prayer, he said,
"When it is near the time of prayer, I perform a perfect Wudu and go to where I am going to pray and sit down there until I become fully attentive to what I am about to do. I then stand up and pray, imagining that the Ka’bah is in front of my eyes, Paradise to my right, Hellfire to my left and the Angel of Death behind me. I imagine that it is the last prayer I am about to perform, stand up in hope (in Allah, His Paradise and rewards) and fear (from Allah's torment in Hellfire) and recite the Takbir while having full attention. I recite the Qur'aan calmly; make Ruku` humbly, go into Sujud with Khushu’…..all the while praying with sincerity. Afterwards, I do not know (nor feel certain) if that prayer was accepted from me!"
[Al Ihya 1/179]

atif_hussain
04-26-2009, 10:46 PM
subhanallah may allah reward you brothers for your help!
obviously it will take time for me to overcome this but by the grace of allah inshallah i will!
peace!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.