/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Job Interview

nadia030812
04-26-2009, 09:31 PM
OMGGGG

i missed my job interview. i thought it was tomorrow but its was actually last week.

i have another interview with them on wednesday for a different position

what shall i do :cry:

i have never been so upset in my life!!!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
crayon
04-26-2009, 09:45 PM
Aww sister, don't worry about it. If it didn't happen, then it wasn't meant to happen. Perhaps there was something bad about it that Allah wanted to protect you from? Or perhaps there's something even better waiting in store for you?
InshaAllah it's for the best, and inshaAllah your interview on Wednesday goes great.:)

Yanal
04-26-2009, 09:47 PM
Thats why you need a organizer,my sister who is just 10,has one to record these things.

nadia030812
04-26-2009, 09:59 PM
it is for another job role...i feel like crying

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Yanal
04-26-2009, 10:02 PM
Its a mental error,you forgot it's no ones fault but yours. Just remember this "everything happens for good" ,do you want that job you are interviewing on wenesday as much as the one you lost last week?

nadia030812
04-26-2009, 10:16 PM
the one on wednesday is the one i wanted all along...but i just think why would they hire me now?? its the same company just different roles. i did my placement year with the company, thats why i applied there because i know how they work.

~Raynn~
04-26-2009, 10:16 PM
Is your second interview with the same organization? Is there any way you could explain the misunderstanding to them while you're there, and reschedule the last one??

But yup, don't dwell on it too much, everything'll work out :).

Yanal
04-26-2009, 10:18 PM
Just pray.

nadia030812
04-26-2009, 10:31 PM
yeah its the same organisation.

im just thinking, due to me doing my placement there and working with them before, it might be give me a advantage but who am i kidding :(

Yanal
04-26-2009, 10:50 PM
Your confusing me now. You say it's the same organization as the job you lost last week but you still cry. What's the difference between the two positions you want and lost?

nadia030812
04-26-2009, 10:57 PM
well basically i did placement with this company.

i applied for two positions, different roles. i had interview on thursday and i have one wednesday.

i missed the one on thursday :(

Yanal
04-26-2009, 11:01 PM
Whats the difference? The power of the position? Work your way up sister.

nadia030812
04-26-2009, 11:04 PM
theres no difference, im just scared that my wednesday interview will be disadvantageous due to me missing the interview on thursday :(

Yanal
04-26-2009, 11:06 PM
So the interviewer is the same?

~Raynn~
04-26-2009, 11:10 PM
If you don't mind either position, then don't worry!! You haven't lost anything...and I'm sure they'll be understanding if the fact that you missed the last interview comes up...

nadia030812
04-26-2009, 11:15 PM
i dont know

Yanal
04-27-2009, 12:27 AM
Its up to you. You can tell us or refuse to tell us. We would be able to help even more if you told us what you want,we could help. It all depends on you,you have three full days left.

nadia030812
04-27-2009, 12:40 AM
i dont know if the interviewer is the same. all i know is that its in the same department but different job roles.

i just hope they understand i messed up

Yanal
04-27-2009, 12:44 AM
Not messed up,that doesn't sound intellictual say "mental error" instead while explaining.

Woodrow
04-27-2009, 04:11 AM
One thing an interviewer hates to hear is TMI (Too Much Information) do not add anything into the interview that the interviewer does not ask and answer all questions with 100% honesty.

Interviewers are humans also, they do not want to risk loosing a possibly valuable employee by asking the wrong questions.

They did not call you and cancel the second interview. They still consider you as a viable candidate for the role. Let the interviewer do his/her job and make life easy on the interviewer.

Remember TMI has cost many candidates jobs. The interviewer has specific things he/she is looking for and really does not want to hear about anything else, do not even mention the missed interview unless it is brought up. In all likelihood the interviewer will not ask about it and admire you for showing up and being calm without dwelling on a past incident.

If asked be honest, but not apologetic.

جوري
04-27-2009, 04:37 AM
Listen in all honestly and truth, there is nothing you can do about the job you have missed. The best thing to do now is how to fix the situation, for starters so they won't disseminate information about you to other companies and two if there is the remote opportunity for them to re-schedule which you shouldn't put much hope on..
I suggest you send them a brief polite apology

such as this one
Length: 152 words (0.4 double-spaced pages)
Rating: Red (FREE)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Steve Smith
123 Strawberry Drive
Somewhere, ST 30458
(912) 555-5555

March 13, 2000

Ms. Sally Sue
123 Company
123 Orange Street
Anytown, ST 30458

Dear Ms. Sue:

Please accept my sincerest apology for missing the interview I had with 123 Company, scheduled for Thursday, March 10 at 1:30 p.m. I had an emergency that kept me from interviewing. Your company offers an invaluable opportunity and I appreciate any consideration you can give me in rescheduling my interview.

My internships with Look Around Relations and Cool Marketing have provided me with the experience and qualifications you are looking for in the Marketing Assistant position within 123 Company. This experience, combined with my Managerial Economics major makes me a strong candidate for this position.

Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to an opportunity to discuss my qualifications for the Marketing Assistant position offered by the 123 Company.

Sincerely,

Sam Ram

http://www.123helpme.com/view.asp?id=106559

writing an apology is the correct thing to do right now, and then focus on getting another job.. this isn't the only door out there for you...
as the adage goes when you close a window, Allah swt will open for you a door....

and Allah swt knows best

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.