/* */

PDA

View Full Version : This is why islam Forbids the flesh of swine.....

coddles76
04-27-2009, 12:33 AM
http://www.abcnews.go.com/Health/sto...7435104&page=1

SubhanAllah Islam has a reason for everything.

QURAN 5:3 "Forbidden to you (for food) are: dead meat, blood, the flesh of swine, and that on which hath been invoked the name of other than Allah; that which hath been killed by strangling, or by a violent blow, or by a headlong fall, or by being gored to death; that which hath been (partly) eaten by a wild animal; unless ye are able to slaughter it (in due form); that which is sacrificed on stone (altars); (forbidden) also is the division (of meat) by raffling with arrows: that is impiety. This day have those who reject Faith given up all hope of your religion: yet fear them not but fear Me. This day have I perfected your religion for you, completed My favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion".

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Whatsthepoint
04-27-2009, 01:07 PM
Pork will not give you swine flu.

burdenofbeing
04-27-2009, 01:16 PM
actually I believe saying that "this is the reason why god has forbidden xx" and giving a reason other than what god gave, is pretty much shirk.
are you god?
do you speak with him?
how do you know the reason if he hasn't given it to you?

Uthman
04-27-2009, 01:19 PM
Allah knows best the wisdom behind the prohibition. :)

Is it transmitted by eating pork?

No. There is no evidence that it is transmissible to people through eating pork or any other products obtained from pigs. If pork is properly cooked, it will not transmit the virus, which is destroyed at a temperature of 160°F/70°C.
Source:Islamonline (All you need to know about swine flu)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Karina
04-27-2009, 01:40 PM
The new mutation of Swine Flu is actually a combination of genes from Swine Flu, Avian (bird) Flu and Human Flu...

And I bet you all eat chicken, huh?

Lets get real with this. This is not just a virus related to and confined to pigs.

aadil77
04-27-2009, 01:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by burdenofbeing
actually I believe saying that "this is the reason why god has forbidden xx" and giving a reason other than what god gave, is pretty much shirk.
are you god?
do you speak with him?
Yeh Agreed. The main reason why its forbidden is because Allah says so, we should avoid trying to speak for Allah by saying its forbidden for such and such reason

Yanal
04-27-2009, 02:06 PM
Yes,it is caused from human to human by cough or touch.

coddles76
04-28-2009, 12:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by burdenofbeing
are you god?
do you speak with him?
Islam is a deen of wisdom, everything has a reason and Allah SWT command not to eat the flesh of Swine was not sent down just for the fun of it. I don't claim to be anywhere close to Gods wisdom (Allah forbid) but I do love the fact that I am part of a Ummah who has been given the wisdom and knowledge from the almighty and love seeing evidence that supports the reasons for that wisdom. If you are not proud of that and don't feel a sense of Love for Allah SWT when you see the evidence than I guess that the difference between you and I.
And Allah SWT knows best.

coddles76
04-28-2009, 12:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
Pork will not give you swine flu.
the swine flu orginated from the flesh of swine, just in case you didn't know. It has muted into now the airborne form of the disease. These are the facts!

burdenofbeing
04-28-2009, 11:59 AM
well, coddles, good intentions are good, but they aren't enough.

I'm just putting the warning for your own good, there's no need to call names and compare our love of god. (which doesn't even make sense)

what you are doing is a bad idea. claiming to know the reason is dangerous. as already exemplified, one could use the reasoning YOU gave to knock down the bricks you've built on a wrong base.

if that is the reason, salmonella is more dangerous, more widespread and here we are eating chicken.
if that is the reason, is it permissable that we eat swine meat that is not contaminated?

it's your call.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.