/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Manchester Muslim writers get launch

Uthman
04-27-2009, 04:28 AM
The UK's first society dedicated to developing the talent of Muslim writers will be launching soon.

Manchester Muslim Writers will be open to Muslim and Non-Muslim writers and will develop all forms of creative and factual writing including poetry, the novel, screenplay, blogging and journalism.

The initiative is the brainstorm of British born novelist and poet, Zahid Hussain, author of ‘The Curry Mile’ and former regional Poetry Slam Champion.

Said Zahid: "I always felt there was little provision for talented individuals despite the demand.

"MMW is therefore being set up to provide pivotal social and technical support to nurture literary talent for the long-term. I am pleased at the unprecedented interest from aspiring writers and I look forward to working with them. I hope that one day Muslim narratives will become part of British mainstream life."

Manchester Muslim Writers launch will take place on ed on Friday 8 May. They will then meet on a monthly basis at Shakespeare House, in South Manchester. Membership of the group will be free, but places are limited. For queries, writers should contact the Shakespeare House office on 0161-282 3205 or email zahid@r-squared.org.uk.

Source

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.