PDA

View Full Version : they say i dream big.....but i need advice some serious advice on this one



ayan333
04-27-2009, 09:36 PM
:sl:

i hope ive reached you in the heighst of Imaan and the best of Health InshALLAH


ok,so im known as the one who dreams big! not only do i dream big but i do everything, and i mean everything i can humanly possibly do to make it come true.

now i wont get into details yet but i want to present to yall something i wanted to do for short while now,i would say3-4 months. I didn’t know where to start but when one of my pious friend out the blue presented this idea in a Halaqa at the Masjid, it blew my mind. As cliché as it might sound, it was as if she was reading my mind, detail by detail.

now for my goal (s) noticed among my community a sense of separation between the Ummah, not necessarily between race or ethnicity but between Masjids ect.ive always loved going to different Masjids and meeting new people, which comes as a big surprise to everyone because im so shy, but when I have a purpose I put my obstacles to the side.

So was I thinking one day about starting group. Ive had the honor of meeting so many great sisters and volunteers from so many different backgrounds who can have a great impact on this “group” I want to start.

Our goal is simple…reunite the Ummah…Now hold that thought...Your probably thinking that’s not a simple task at all, but when you really think about it, if you have the resources, the funds, the organizers and pure intentions im sure ALLAH (SWA) will make it as easy as possible for us InshALLAH.i no its easer said then done but im willing to sacrifice everything if I truly believe it will work.

I wondered how these older individuals or older generation brothers and sisters can preach one thing to their kids or their community but then not act upon it themselves. I figured If I could work primarily with the youth, mature youth that is, that’s are willing to help out and have the same dreams as I do then I find it almost impossible to fail.

Like they say, our youth are our tomorrow so InshALLAH by working with them and a handful of hard working organizers(Adults) I think we will be successful InshALLAH.

My group of friends are great at doing fundraisers and finding guest speakers,for example we had baab ali last night…So I need advice and criticism on my basic ideas.

JazakALLAH Khair

:w:
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
chacha_jalebi
04-27-2009, 09:42 PM
its a excellent idea mashallah:D

but the main pillar of unity has to be the Quraan and Sunnah :D

and if someone dont agree with your view, talk to them and explain to them, have patience with them and remember the Prophet (Saw) dealt with kuffar, and your dealin with people who say they are muslims, love Allah (Swt) and the Prophet (saw) but have a different opinion on different stuff, if we approach it in that way and always put the Quran and Sunnah first, we will defo achieve unity inshallah
Reply

The Ruler
04-27-2009, 09:56 PM
I do believe your dream is big and... Too far away for you to reach.

Simply because the Qur'an and the Hadith are not limited to one interpretation only. People interpret differently, literally and metaphorically... Heck, even the great Imaams have different views on one particular matter. Sometimes so different, you don't know which one to follow. Now, for you to unite the ummah, you'll need to dispel these different view points that people have. To do that, you'll be going up against the greatest 'aalims, 'ulamaas and fuqahaas around. It's a big task, not an easy one. And IMO, an impossible one.
Reply

transition?
04-27-2009, 09:57 PM
:sl:

A just world for the Sake of Allah and in hope that your fellow brothers and sisters have a more easier time being admitted into Jannah is never too big of a dream. In fact, even in the early centuries, scholars were doing just that!
fard al kifayah are fard that are a duty upon the ummah collectively, but usually if a few can do it for the whole community, the entire ummah is relieved of that burden..... it's actually fard upon society to create communities to create righteous individuals. :) I don't know the exact specifics.

But I must add, I see what you see and there are a ridiculous amount of sectarian beliefs where you live. You'll need to prepare with extensive knowledge in different manhajs and madhabs to explain what Islam really is.

Whether it happens or not, you're struggling for a just cause and on the day of Judgement, when you're asked what you did for your Ummah. You wont' have to worry!

:thumbs_up

Go for it!
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
ayan333
04-27-2009, 10:15 PM
Originally Posted by The Ruler
I do believe your dream is big and... Too far away for you to reach.

Simply because the Qur'an and the Hadith are not limited to one interpretation only. People interpret differently, literally and metaphorically... Heck, even the great Imaams have different views on one particular matter. Sometimes so different, you don't know which one to follow. Now, for you to unite the ummah, you'll need to dispel these different view points that people have. To do that, you'll be going up against the greatest 'aalims, 'ulamaas and fuqahaas around. It's a big task, not an easy one. And IMO, an impossible one.
:sl:

im sory butiha dt laugh at that,not in a negative away ofcourse,but i just love being challenged Alhamdulilah.

but i totaly understand what your saying but at the same time i dont believe you completely understand what i was saying, maybe due to my lack of explaining it

my goal isn’t to change what each Masjid believes is correct or what not at all. actually that would be extremely difficult If not impossible. My goal isn’t to fight and argue.im not trying to go out there and argue one thing over another,in fact that would contradict my goal.when I said reunite the Ummah I didn’t mean have everyone single Muslim on this planet to follow one view or interpretation of Islam like we should, but to exonerate the hatred one group of Muslims have on another.

What I find in my community and neighboring communities alone is something that completely disgustes me. In one small city we have 3 different Masjids. dont get me wrong having the 3 Masjids in walking distance form eachother isn’t the problem,but the problem is having them not on good terms with each other. I find it ridiculous that one sister cant come in another Masjid without having to deal with ingnorant people going down their threats and completely judging them.
Now I talked to one of the sisters at one of the 3 Masjids and she feels the same way. its not even the Imams that don’t get along it just the ignorant people in the community who just love to talk about nonsense.

I just would love to see the children form one Masjid be able to play with children from another Masjid without any problems InshALLAH. And I find that many of the sisters and brothers in the community feel the same way but just don’t have the determination and courage to stand up for what they believe it. So InshALLAH if we start this I believe many others would jump on InshALLAH.

So InshALLAH I hope I cleared that up a little. and if you think that’s impossible then I completely disagree.

:w:
Reply

The Ruler
04-27-2009, 10:27 PM
Ah, I see. But so long as there are differences, there'll be misunderstandings. And misunderstandings will give way to dislike. Dislike will eventually grow to hatred etc.

Simply put, it's in our human nature to be against something we don't believe in. We could try to minimise it, but we can't exonerate it. Is that my cynicism speaking? I think not.
Reply

ayan333
04-27-2009, 11:06 PM
Originally Posted by transition?
:sl:

A just world for the Sake of Allah and in hope that your fellow brothers and sisters have a more easier time being admitted into Jannah is never too big of a dream. In fact, even in the early centuries, scholars were doing just that!
fard al kifayah are fard that are a duty upon the ummah collectively, but usually if a few can do it for the whole community, the entire ummah is relieved of that burden..... it's actually fard upon society to create communities to create righteous individuals. :) I don't know the exact specifics.

But I must add, I see what you see and there are a ridiculous amount of sectarian beliefs where you live. You'll need to prepare with extensive knowledge in different manhajs and madhabs to explain what Islam really is.

Whether it happens or not, you're struggling for a just cause and on the day of Judgement, when you're asked what you did for your Ummah. You wont' have to worry!

:thumbs_up

Go for it!

:sl:

thanks Habibti,hey you live in the area so dont think youll get away,ull be apart of my crew

and seriously you amaze m eveytime.you act like you have no knowledge,as if your completely ignorant but you got what alot of people wish they had

see you around InshALLAH.

:w:
Reply

ayan333
04-27-2009, 11:26 PM
Originally Posted by The Ruler
Ah, I see. But so long as there are differences, there'll be misunderstandings. And misunderstandings will give way to dislike. Dislike will eventually grow to hatred etc.

Simply put, it's in our human nature to be against something we don't believe in. We could try to minimise it, but we can't exonerate it. Is that my cynicism speaking? I think not.
:sl:

believe it or not, i find you quite useful. you make me think.

Can you really call it sarcasm if it’s true? i think not…

Once again, I doubt anything can be completely erased. The Prophet (Saw),the greatest man to ever set foot on this earth didn’t even do so, so I would be a complete hoodwink to believe I could.

On the other hand, I hope to minimize it InshALLAH. you cant tell me we should just sit around and use “human nature” as a excuse for everything. Yes it plays a vital role, and yes you must be realistic and respect everyone’s morals, but you never know what a person might learn from this. This is a long term mission for me, so im not looking for immediate results but rather long term. A brother can disagree now but months or years down the road he might come to his senses and understand what exactly we were trying accomplish, and so they cycle begins…..
:w:
Reply

The Ruler
04-27-2009, 11:36 PM
Originally Posted by ayan333
believe it or not, i find you quite useful. you make me think.
Yeah, I know.

Can you really call it sarcasm if it’s true? i think not…
We all like to play with what our opponents have to say... But I wasn't calling anything sarcasm. It was cynicism =_=

On the other hand, I hope to minimize it InshALLAH. you cant tell me we should just sit around and use “human nature” as a excuse for everything.
Ohohoho~ No... Not as an excuse, because it's not one. It's simply a fact. And to tame the human nature is harder than taming a wild lion. Could be done... Maybe... But the amount of work and dedication is enormous.

A brother can disagree now but months or years down the road he might come to his senses and understand what exactly we were trying accomplish, and so they cycle begins….
:w:
Months and years later, there won't just be that one brother. There'll be more brothers and sisters (even) from him (+ wife). And they will bring new ideas and new beliefs. Which will replace the old ones. And you're right, the cycle begins again. You end where you started.
Reply

ayan333
04-28-2009, 02:10 AM
Originally Posted by The Ruler
Yeah, I know.



We all like to play with what our opponents have to say... But I wasn't calling anything sarcasm. It was cynicism =_=



Ohohoho~ No... Not as an excuse, because it's not one. It's simply a fact. And to tame the human nature is harder than taming a wild lion. Could be done... Maybe... But the amount of work and dedication is enormous.



pessimism or cynicism or skepticism or sarcasm..call it what you want,its all the same


and who said we werent ready to put "enormous dedication into it,you have know idea what kind of people iim working with.this is a hrad working team whose willing to go all the way InshALLAH.

plus i just got a call not to long ago.i got invited to help orgonize "youth for unity".couple of Msa's have also decided that its time for a change.there inviting all the youth groups from Masjids around the city of Atlanta...i dont know about you but i think this is a sign.here i am arguing whether or not human nature will be the reason why our Ummah doesnt unite once again and out of the blue i get a call about a event thats doing exactly what i want...Alhamdulilah.

i hope it all works out InshALLAH and if it doesnt then you can tell me you said so.
Reply

coddles76
04-28-2009, 02:14 AM
Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
its a excellent idea mashallah:D

but the main pillar of unity has to be the Quraan and Sunnah :D

and if someone dont agree with your view, talk to them and explain to them, have patience with them and remember the Prophet (Saw) dealt with kuffar, and your dealin with people who say they are muslims, love Allah (Swt) and the Prophet (saw) but have a different opinion on different stuff, if we approach it in that way and always put the Quran and Sunnah first, we will defo achieve unity inshallah
I agree, Go for it sister and may Allah SWT bless you for your intentions.
Reply

Ibn Abi Ahmed
04-28-2009, 02:19 AM
:sl:
My group of friends are great at doing fundraisers and finding guest speakers,for example we had baab ali last night…So I need advice and criticism on my basic ideas.
I saw the pictures from that event and I heard it went really good Masha'Allaah! May Allaah make your endeavors successful.
Reply

ayan333
04-28-2009, 02:30 AM
:sl:

JazakALLAH Khair sis

:w:
Reply

transition?
04-28-2009, 02:35 AM
Originally Posted by ayan333
:sl:

thanks Habibti,hey you live in the area so dont think youll get away,ull be apart of my crew

and seriously you amaze m eveytime.you act like you have no knowledge,as if your completely ignorant but you got what alot of people wish they had

see you around InshALLAH.

:w:
:sl:

lol don't make me blush,. I just learned what I told you like *cough* two days ago. :-[

lol sigh, I might be going out of Atlanta sadly :( next year.

Be careful, a lot of those dividers are culture. Perhaps you meet great people everywhere, but I feel ostracized and alienated all the time :/ by other cultural communities, especially when you're a stranger to the "Muslim social scene." and I have seen people from my own masjid do that others.

atlanta is pretty diverse, you are taking on the whole world here :tihehe:

You should try a "3rd party mediator" I think the solution is highly possible. All you have to do is get a person everyone loves at that local region to start "integrating" and making good connections with the other mosque. Encouraging "joint-events."
Mosques here operate like bacteria lol. There's the big one like Al Farooq and then they have little satellite colonies/mosques that branch off. Just start making connections here and there. :).
Reply

transition?
04-28-2009, 02:45 AM
Originally Posted by 'Abd al-Rahman
:sl:
I saw the pictures from that event and I heard it went really good Masha'Allaah! May Allaah make your endeavors successful.
:sl:
Baba Ali is so much better in person!
Reply

ayan333
04-28-2009, 02:52 AM
Originally Posted by transition?
:sl:

lol don't make me blush,. I just learned what I told you like *cough* two days ago. :-[

lol sigh, I might be going out of Atlanta sadly :( next year.

Be careful, a lot of those dividers are culture. Perhaps you meet great people everywhere, but I feel ostracized and alienated all the time :/ by other cultural communities, especially when you're a stranger to the "Muslim social scene." and I have seen people from my own masjid do that others.

atlanta is pretty diverse, you are taking on the whole world here :tihehe:

You should try a "3rd party mediator" I think the solution is highly possible. All you have to do is get a person everyone loves at that local region to start "integrating" and making good connections with the other mosque. Encouraging "joint-events."
Mosques here operate like bacteria lol. There's the big one like Al Farooq and then they have little satellite colonies/mosques that branch off. Just start making connections here and there. :).

:sl:

what! i thought you were going to ga state next year InshALLAH. do u mean summer time InshALLAH?

ya i completely understand what you mean. but Alhamdulilah volunteering at events here and there has given me the opportunity to meet so many people form so man different ethnic groups ect. plus ive made it obligatory upon myself to have a friend from every Masjid InsALLAH.

hey something came up so check you fb msg's InshALLAH.im going to have to get your sister involved in the youth for unity event InshALLAH
:w:
Reply

ayan333
04-28-2009, 02:54 AM
Originally Posted by 'Abd al-Rahman
:sl:
I saw the pictures from that event and I heard it went really good Masha'Allaah! May Allaah make your endeavors successful.
:sl:

O you live in atlanta?

yes Alhamdulilah it worked out smoothly..and he's an natural MashALLAH.explained how he has a msg behind all his joke ect

Ameen to the Dua

:w:
Reply

transition?
04-28-2009, 03:00 AM
Originally Posted by ayan333
:sl:

what! i thought you were going to ga state next year InshALLAH. do u mean summer time InshALLAH?

ya i completely understand what you mean. but Alhamdulilah volunteering at events here and there has given me the opportunity to meet so many people form so man different ethnic groups ect. plus ive made it obligatory upon myself to have a friend from every Masjid InsALLAH.

hey something came up so check you fb msg's InshALLAH.im going to have to get your sister involved in the youth for unity event InshALLAH
:w:
I think I might be going to Mercer :(.


MashAllah :) That's good!
I'm checking it (not sure if you already sent it?)
Reply

ayan333
04-28-2009, 03:07 AM
:sl:

aww ull be missed.what ever is best for you is great with us!

ok i sent it

:w:
Reply

Ibn Abi Ahmed
04-28-2009, 03:09 AM
Originally Posted by ayan333
:sl:

O you live in atlanta?

yes Alhamdulilah it worked out smoothly..and he's an natural MashALLAH.explained how he has a msg behind all his joke ect

Ameen to the Dua

:w:
:w:

No, not in Atlanta. Was it recorded? (sorry to derail thread)
Reply

ayan333
04-28-2009, 03:12 AM
:sl:

i think it migh of been,not sure tho

:w:
Reply

Yanal
04-28-2009, 03:23 AM
It's a possible goal but it's hard. We must preach young kids in the age range between 12-15 and explain them our goal and what they should do. Once that is fixed people[muslims] in the same community should have a group gathering say before asr(for example). But the question is that how many kids in the age range of 12-15 are going to do something,I bet most of them smoke! We must do something where we can stop non muslims from getting disgraced and using the name of Islam and Allah for every bad thing in this world.

But people(the ummah) are scattered through out different continents,how will we meet up with those people? It's a nice thought but really hard to feed comments when you live in unislamic countries. But inshAllah!
Reply

transition?
04-28-2009, 03:30 AM
Originally Posted by ayan333
:sl:

aww ull be missed.what ever is best for you is great with us!

ok i sent it

:w:
:sl:

:exhausted

Allahu alum what's best for me. :/ I have no idea where I'll be happy.
Reply

Yanal
04-28-2009, 03:37 AM
InshAllah you will find a place in heaven:). Whatever is listed in your destiny is what will happen to you,all we can hope is that it is good. Ameen.
Reply

The Ruler
04-28-2009, 12:11 PM
Originally Posted by ayan333
pessimism or cynicism or skepticism or sarcasm..call it what you want,its all the same
Uhn, not really.

and who said we werent ready to put "enormous dedication into it,you have know idea what kind of people iim working with.this is a hrad working team whose willing to go all the way InshALLAH.
Yeah... I love your optimism.

plus i just got a call not to long ago.i got invited to help orgonize "youth for unity".couple of Msa's have also decided that its time for a change.there inviting all the youth groups from Masjids around the city of Atlanta...i dont know about you but i think this is a sign.here i am arguing whether or not human nature will be the reason why our Ummah doesnt unite once again and out of the blue i get a call about a event thats doing exactly what i want...Alhamdulilah.
Yet again, I'm amazed at your optimism, really -_-... You could try. And hopefully be rewarded for what you try to achieve, but IMO, what you're trying to achieve is simply impossible.

i hope it all works out InshALLAH and if it doesnt then you can tell me you said so.
If whatever you're trying to do ever happens, it won't happen in one lifetime. So by the time anything significant happens, I'll be in my grave, and you'll be in yours. Or not... I don't dictate the future. But if it doesn't happen in your lifetime, I'll be demanding Rocher Ferrero on your death bed.
Reply

ayan333
04-28-2009, 12:24 PM
Originally Posted by The Ruler
Uhn, not really.



Yeah... I love your optimism.



Yet again, I'm amazed at your optimism, really -_-... You could try. And hopefully be rewarded for what you try to achieve, but IMO, what you're trying to achieve is simply impossible.



If whatever you're trying to do ever happens, it won't happen in one lifetime. So by the time anything significant happens, I'll be in my grave, and you'll be in yours. Or not... I don't dictate the future. But if it doesn't happen in your lifetime, I'll be demanding Rocher Ferrero on your death bed.

:sl:

umm yes really,there all Synonyms


JazakALLAH Khair


InshALLAH



if you say so

:w:
Reply

The Ruler
04-28-2009, 12:37 PM
Originally Posted by ayan333
:sl:

umm yes really,there all Synonyms
Sarcasm = a mocking remark
Skepticism = doubt/lack of confidence/hesitation/reluctance
Pessimism = lack of hope
Cynicism = acrimony/bitterness

In general, yeah, they all seem to have the same meaning, but when you put them in context, it's different.
Reply

Vito
04-28-2009, 02:44 PM
Not sure why anyone would want to have some kind of debate over this with you but, the idea sounds good to me. Its clear you know what you want to do and know what it involves. Its obvious this is more of a passion than just some other job so, telling you its impossible or that its going to be difficult is pointless especially when you yourself know the challenges it will bring. I honestly see this as a win win situation whether you achieve your goals or not.
Reply

ayan333
04-28-2009, 05:19 PM
Originally Posted by -Kai-
Not sure why anyone would want to have some kind of debate over this with you but, the idea sounds good to me. Its clear you know what you want to do and know what it involves. Its obvious this is more of a passion than just some other job so, telling you its impossible or that its going to be difficult is pointless especially when you yourself know the challenges it will bring. I honestly see this as a win win situation whether you achieve your goals or not.
:sl:

your right,you cant please everyone

JazakALLAH Khair

:w:
Reply

ayan333
04-28-2009, 05:22 PM
Originally Posted by Yanal
It's a possible goal but it's hard. We must preach young kids in the age range between 12-15 and explain them our goal and what they should do. Once that is fixed people[muslims] in the same community should have a group gathering say before asr(for example). But the question is that how many kids in the age range of 12-15 are going to do something,I bet most of them smoke! We must do something where we can stop non muslims from getting disgraced and using the name of Islam and Allah for every bad thing in this world.

But people(the ummah) are scattered through out different continents,how will we meet up with those people? It's a nice thought but really hard to feed comments when you live in unislamic countries. But inshAllah!
:sl:

no brother my goal is not to change everyone around the world........yet


look,my goals are simple,and i must start in my community before trying to change the world.that just wouldnt be realistic

we have had events like this before,just with different goals but we know what to do.we're going to set up activities and guest speakers and take it from there InshALLAH.

:w:
Reply

The Ruler
04-28-2009, 05:22 PM
Originally Posted by ayan333
:sl:

your right,you cant please everyone

JazakALLAH Khair

:w:
*facepalm moment* I wasn't displeased, nor was I saying don't do it. If you read my first post, all I tried to say was, "IMO (the key to it all), it's an impossible task."

You want to remove the big misunderstandings and yet you misunderstand and misinterpret my posts. *sigh*
Reply

ayan333
04-28-2009, 05:25 PM
Originally Posted by The Ruler
*facepalm moment* I wasn't displeased, nor was I saying don't do it. If you read my first post, all I tried to say was, "IMO (the key to it all), it's an impossible task."

You want to remove the big misunderstandings and yet you misunderstand and misinterpret my posts. *sigh*
:sl:

dont hurt yourself.

technically I wasn’t directing that toward you, so its actually you who misunderstood, but ok I understand

:w:
Reply

The Ruler
04-28-2009, 05:34 PM
Originally Posted by ayan333
:sl:

dont hurt yourself.
I wasn't intending to.

technically I wasn’t directing that toward you, so its actually you who misunderstood, but ok I understand
I see. Well, I wasn't the one trying to clear misunderstandings. ^_^ No way am I suggesting that's a bad thing or whatever.
Reply

transition?
04-28-2009, 05:41 PM
Aqq come on guys girls lol
Whether u disagree with this idea or not, we're all on the same path, getting into Heaven

:)
Reply

Nihila
04-28-2009, 05:57 PM
Salaamun Alaykum :)

SubhanAllah what a beautiful idea...and even more beautiful is that you actually want to do something to put it into place. May Allah swt bless you for your efforts :)


Walaykum assalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh
Reply

ayan333
04-28-2009, 06:04 PM
Originally Posted by The Ruler
I wasn't intending to.



I see. Well, I wasn't the one trying to clear misunderstandings. ^_^ No way am I suggesting that's a bad thing or whatever.


:sl:

o i no, everyone’s entitled to their opinion, and I completely understand, I know you mean no harm InshALLAH.


:w:
Reply

ayan333
04-28-2009, 06:06 PM
Originally Posted by transition?
Aqq come on guys girls lol
Whether u disagree with this idea or not, we're all on the same path, getting into Heaven

:)

i know i know,its just my passion

May we all meet in Jannah InshALLAH

Originally Posted by Nihila
Salaamun Alaykum :)

SubhanAllah what a beautiful idea...and even more beautiful is that you actually want to do something to put it into place. May Allah swt bless you for your efforts :)


Walaykum assalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

thank sis,i appreciate it

:w:
Reply

Re.TiReD
05-01-2009, 01:13 PM
Originally Posted by ayan333

ok,so im known as the one who dreams big! not only do i dream big but i do everything, and i mean everything i can humanly possibly do to make it come true.

So was I thinking one day about starting group. Ive had the honor of meeting so many great sisters and volunteers from so many different backgrounds who can have a great impact on this “group” I want to start.

Our goal is simple…reunite the Ummah…Now hold that thought...Your probably thinking that’s not a simple task at all, but when you really think about it, if you have the resources, the funds, the organizers and pure intentions im sure ALLAH (SWA) will make it as easy as possible for us InshALLAH.i no its easer said then done but im willing to sacrifice everything if I truly believe it will work

My group of friends are great at doing fundraisers and finding guest speakers,for example we had baab ali last night…So I need advice and criticism on my basic ideas.
Wa'alaykum As-Salam

So you're a Dreamer, my most favourite personality type of all :D masha'Allah.

I always believe that when you have an idea, when you have the drive and motivation to do something, you go ahead and do it no matter how difficult it is. You know that where there's a will there's a way right? And I believe that 100%.

Yeah you can ask people for advice and opinions but dont let anybody diss any effort or any venture and dont let anybody dissuade you.

I have a friend who has the same vision as you, what she's doing is going round the various masaajid and organising events with them and inviting a well-known speakers, and then inviting the Imaams and members from other masjids to the talk. To help bridge friendships and get people talking. She's in Egypt now though so not too sure how that went.

But anyway, whatever you do, whether its now or in the future, make sure your intentions are with Allah (swt) and you'll be ok. It doesnt matter if you dont succeed either, you are/were brave enough to do something not a lot of people are willing to take the time out and do, you have the passion to try and make a difference unlike the ones who lament about the Ummahs troubles only.

May Allah (swt) guide you and your friends to success sis and may He aid us in aiding His slaves. Ameen. Ima drop you a PM shortly insha'Allah, related to this.

WassalamuAlaykum
Reply

Jawarah
05-01-2009, 04:36 PM
I new and no know how to post threads? help!
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-16-2011, 02:40 AM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-08-2010, 05:53 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-29-2009, 02:57 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-28-2009, 06:50 AM
  5. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-08-2006, 10:52 AM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!