/* */

PDA

View Full Version : what's your favourite Islamic Forum?

ahmed_indian
04-29-2009, 11:09 AM
:sl:,

whats ur best one of these?

1. islamicboard.com

2. ummah.com/forum

3. gawaher.com

4. islamicawakening.com

5. imanway.com

6. turntoislam.com

7. talkaboutislam

8. themuslimzone.com

mine are 1,2, and 6.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Musaafirah
04-29-2009, 11:16 AM
I'm only ever on this one.
I joined one called Annaseeha, but haven't posted since my intro.
So, I guess this is my favourite forum.

transition?
04-29-2009, 12:32 PM
This one! : )!

'Abdul Rahmaan
04-29-2009, 12:45 PM
This one :thumbs_up

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
BintAbee
05-12-2009, 01:09 PM
:sl:

At the moment.. I'm only a member here, so this one !

:w:

convert
05-12-2009, 01:11 PM
I used to like gawaher but that died out it seems.

GreyKode
05-12-2009, 01:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by convert
I used to like gawaher but that died out it seems.
why?

convert
05-12-2009, 01:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by GreyKode
why?
Not sure, I only caught the end of it about 2 years ago. Not a whole lot of new threads, posts going on. I haven't been back in a long while.

BintAbee
05-12-2009, 01:47 PM
^Does gawaher even work? how do you visit that forum?

convert
05-12-2009, 01:52 PM
just go to gawaher.com i'd assume its still there

BintAbee
05-12-2009, 01:59 PM
^I just did ... and this is what it says (with 2 google adverts at the bottom) :

Welcome to the Islamic Forum
This forum is ranked #1 by Google, thanks to its friendly community, quality posts and rich info.
We always welcome new members, regardless of their religion or race.
We'll happily answer all your questions about Islam and why its the perfect way of life.
Our sections cover a vast variety of topics. So, what do you want to discuss today?

convert
05-12-2009, 02:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by BintAbee
^I just did ... and this is what it says (with 2 google adverts at the bottom) :
Yeah the front page is weird. When you register/login, that goes away.

S_87
05-12-2009, 02:09 PM

im mostly here

Yanal
05-12-2009, 02:20 PM
ISLAMICBOARD
thts right its this one.....

sirajstc
05-12-2009, 02:21 PM
1,6 :d

amna_mirza
05-12-2009, 04:20 PM
wow! I didn't even know so many other forums exist. So far I have only been a member on this one and its seems pretty cool!

Najm
08-31-2009, 12:01 AM
AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

So which forum is the best for sound Islamic content and which is best for community?

NO biasness so you cant say IB or LI :embarrass

FiAmaaniAllah

Beardo
08-31-2009, 12:04 AM
^ Dang it. I was about to say LI and IB.

Well, I like Ummah Forum...

Rasema
08-31-2009, 12:20 AM
GAWAHER!!!!
but I'm banned :(

I've been there for a year, I learned Islam there and I feel like I was raised there.

UmAhmad and Redeem are my favorite moderators.

Najm
08-31-2009, 12:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
^ Dang it. I was about to say LI and IB.

Well, I like Ummah Forum...

A lot members feel theres a rivalry between LI/IB v Ummah.

And theres a power struggle going on there apprently lol:hmm:

IB v LI struggle here too :P

FiAmaaniAllah

convert
08-31-2009, 12:22 AM
revolutionmusliim

Rasema
08-31-2009, 12:25 AM
"Allah's religion is serious"

_PakistaN_
08-31-2009, 01:28 AM
I mostly use this one, never really tried any other. so i guess this one.

irfanali21
08-31-2009, 07:49 AM
yea thats form

ژاله
08-31-2009, 08:10 AM
this forum is good.

Muslim Woman
08-31-2009, 08:17 AM
:wa:

format_quote Originally Posted by ahmed_indian

whats ur best one of these?

..mine are 1,2, and 6.
What about other choices ? :statisfie

http://theislampath.com/smf/

http://www.myislamweb.com/forum/

جوري
08-31-2009, 08:31 AM
I don't know if turn to Islam is a forum is it? I have seen some pretty cool stuff there but I have never registered.. I have registered on two other (Islamic forums).. one where I was severely censured by one dear sister who replied to my one post with 72 lol and didn't approve any of my subsequent replies to hers, so I left in a hurry.. and another one on a temporary basis but it is so chaotic (it actually exists on your current list) it is such a poor forum that I felt it might be a good idea if this forum bought it and improved it a little..

I have joined atheist and anti Islamic forums galore before to try to improve the image of Islam but the people there were so happy to live in their own world that I was banned shortly there after..

obviously I like the community here, else I wouldn't post since posting is in general a complete waste of time.. I am just here because I enjoy the company of Muslims and since I know so few Muslims in real life, this makes up for my real life disadvantage in many ways.. a very large and versatile community and the people are genuinely lovely and harmonious and I got to make some wonderful friends to whom I now keep contact outside of this forum .. al7mdllilah

:w:

zakirs
08-31-2009, 09:01 AM
obviously I like the community here, else I wouldn't post since posting is in general a complete waste of time.. I am just here because I enjoy the company of Muslims and since I know so few Muslims in real life, this makes up for my real life disadvantage in many ways.. a very large and versatile community and the people are genuinely lovely and harmonious and I got to make some wonderful friends to whom I now keep contact outside of this forum .. al7mdllilah
:)

i am only on this one so i vote for IB ?

Somaiyah
08-31-2009, 11:22 PM
Salam,
Lol I only know TTI and this forum. Otherwise I have several Swedish Islamic forums I am member on and sure I prefere them when I can talk in my native language (and one of the forums was the one which I got help from until I converted, which makes me like that forum much more).

Humbler_359
08-31-2009, 11:38 PM

Three years ago, I used to be active member in thetruereligion.org but it was collapsed due to hackers. imsad:cry:

It is been a long times since I left forum, now I return back in this new Islamic forum here. Very friendly people ! :D

Alhumdulilah.

جوري
09-01-2009, 12:46 AM
the true religion is no longer active? imsad

Humbler_359
09-01-2009, 12:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
the true religion is no longer active? imsad
yeah, I kept and tried to come back this website but I guess, it take too long to fix it. I re-checked , the website appearance look completely different from old I know. They lost all old threads, accounts and info. So they are making over again. :scared:

IslamicRevival
09-01-2009, 01:06 AM
Lets see if im allowed to post the website of the forum i visit most often

www.***********

EDIT: Oh dear, its blanked out

Hassan C
09-01-2009, 01:43 PM

Najm
09-01-2009, 11:37 PM

I heard Islamic Awakening is good, anyone?

FiAmaaniAllah

aadil77
09-01-2009, 11:50 PM
I can't wait for the day when 'ummah forums' gets shut down

it is offically the craphole of muslim forums and the mods are incapable of doin anythin about it

I'd pay someone to take it down, soo many people new to islam are becoming misguided there. I wouldn't be surprised if some of these convert wannabe bombers that come in the news got trained off there

Najm
09-02-2009, 12:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77

it is offically the craphole of muslim forums and the mods are incapable of doin anythin about it

I'd pay someone to take it down, soo many people new to islam are becoming misguided there. I wouldn't be surprised if some of these convert wannabe bombers that come in the news got trained off there

I heard ummah forums used to be the best. They follow Islam" better than others

Should we go over there and guide all the people etc?

Maybe i should join, never know, it might be the best forum :hmm:

FiAmaaniAllah

'Abdul Rahmaan
09-02-2009, 02:43 AM
Ummah is a read-only forum. Once you post there, you're gonna be mocked, joked, crooked and then knocked out.

Beardo
09-02-2009, 03:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mercurial
Ummah is a read-only forum. Once you post there, you're gonna be mocked, joked, crooked and then knocked out.
I go there occassionally to advertise our IslamicBoard shows and events. They are double our size and have less than half the staff we do. You can't blamem though because you wouldn't want to trust just anyone with the biggest/most active forum on the net.

I find Ummah good on the large scale. Once you post, you'll be caught by a wave of posts. Our forum here can be considered a mini-Ummah, except I'd like to say we are a bit more strict and rigid on what's posted etc.

I really never thought I'd be in the position I am today, alhamdulillah. And I'll admit I'm bias when I say I love IslamicBoard the best.

Humbler_359
09-02-2009, 03:03 AM
Really, that's not Islamic way in a polite manner. In my humble opinion, this IslamicForum is the best !:D

convert
09-02-2009, 03:05 AM

Fear Allah. I find Ummah to be a very good, informative forum. Alhamdulillah they speak the haqq there on many issues.

convert
09-02-2009, 03:08 AM
You are describing IA forums. If you can't defend your position with daleel and result to childish "nuh uh" posts then Ummah isn't the place for you; they let anyone speak there, even kafirs and munafiqs . They have been accused of being everything from a hardcore sufi site to a terrorist recruiting site by folks who couldn't hack it there.

Beardo
09-02-2009, 03:08 AM
^ :D

I think there's too many Islamic Forums, that are too similar to each other. We should work towards merging the similar ones.

I've contacted a few forums, to be completely honest. I've also contacted other big ones not mentioned on the list, and asked them if they'd consider merging. What would your opinions be on merging? IslamicBoard with the upperhand, however. They will come to this forum and adopt our rules, which are prett much similar with all forums, except Ummah.

I'm in the talks with 2 very big forums, actually. I'm deeply considering the merge, if they agree.

Danah
09-02-2009, 03:14 AM
I registered on many other Islamic forums (themuslimszone, fisabillallah, Islamic-Life, and this one)
but I have to admit that this forum and http://www.islamic-life.com/forums are the best two I have ever registered on. Well, I am not active on the others anymore.
Islamic-Life forum which used to be called iDawah in the past is a perfect source for those who aim to give dawah. There are no many active members there, but its an amazing place of knowledgeable people.
I strongly recommend people who is active in Dawah to have a look on that forum

format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
except I'd like to say we are a bit more strict and rigid on what's posted etc.
Thats what kept me active in LI for around 2 yrs so far, I hope the "strict administration" we used to have here remain unchanged inshaAllah

I am also a member in some Christians forums but I am not that active there.

Humbler_359
09-02-2009, 03:19 AM

Anyone heard of Islamicity.com - http://www.islamicity.com/forum/ ?

This one is very popular in North America to promote Non-Muslims in understanding about Islam and misconceptions, surely many are attracting to Islam and even reverts. Masha'Allah!

I use this site to gain knowledge in general.

IslamicRevival
09-02-2009, 03:28 AM
Ummah Forums is the worst i have come across. I mean all people do is talk about absolute nonsense. Full of Idle talk and the tone in which many speak is a lot to be desired aswell.

Anyway, I tried to post my favorite forums web address but it seems im not allowed to write it. I'd say in terms of advice this site is one of the best, if not the best but anything concerning in depth Islamic issues..., I generally tend to ignore them. So many websites/groups claiming they are on "Haq" (The True Path) and its very hard to distinguish who is indeed the one to follow

Anyway, May Allah SWT guide is all in this blessed month.

aadil77
09-02-2009, 11:59 AM
Fear Allah. I find Ummah to be a very good, informative forum. Alhamdulillah they speak the haqq there on many issues.
I do fear Allah - no need to remind me, but that advice would be more relevent to some of the members on Ummah

They also speak misguidence, make tafkir on Muslims, breed hatred between Muslims and speak the wrong aqeedah on many issues without the knowledge

convert
09-02-2009, 12:05 PM
I do fear Allah - no need to remind me, but that advice would be more relevent to some of the members on Ummah

They also speak misguidence, make tafkir on Muslims, breed hatred between Muslims and speak the wrong aqeedah on many issues without the knowledge
The only takfir I have ever seen on there was by one guy in particular who, all joking aside, is a true khawaarij and people definitely called him out on it.

The aqeedah "problem" there is new to me... unless you are one of those maturidi/ashari guys. There are quite a few knowledgeable brothers on there and I have benefited greatly from the Learn about Islam section on there.

aadil77
09-02-2009, 12:11 PM
The only takfir I have ever seen on there was by one guy in particular who, all joking aside, is a true khawaarij and people definitely called him out on it.

The aqeedah "problem" there is new to me... unless you are one of those maturidi/ashari guys. There are quite a few knowledgeable brothers on there and I have benefited greatly from the Learn about Islam section on there.
I am not aware of all these labels that come up every other week, all I know is that whatever benefit there is in that forum it certainly doesn't exceed the harm caused by it; it acts as a misguidence for less knowledgable muslims and most likely puts off people new to islam or people looking into islam

Best solution is to get it shut down or parts of it closed, especially the world affairs section

convert
09-02-2009, 12:23 PM
I am not aware of all these labels that come up every other week, all I know is that whatever benefit there is in that forum it certainly doesn't exceed the harm caused by it; it acts as a misguidence for less knowledgable muslims and most likely puts off people new to islam or people looking into islam

Best solution is to get it shut down or parts of it closed, especially the world affairs section
If it wasn't for Ummah, I would not know my Islam as my community is horrible with regards to educating the muslims.

I don't think the current affairs section there should be closed (perhaps the marriage section though), I just think the kafir trolls who try to rile up the younger, more boisterous members there should be banned.

So far as labels, the only group I see on there that gets slammed are the madkhali-leaning salafis and for good reason as well, given that they are a fitnah to many communities.

S_87
09-02-2009, 12:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Najm

I heard Islamic Awakening is good, anyone?

FiAmaaniAllah
islamic awakening is good if you can handle insults. mashaAllah there is a lot of knowledge that can be found on that site but once an argument starts :nervous:

aadil77
09-02-2009, 12:36 PM
So far as labels, the only group I see on there that gets slammed are the madkhali-leaning salafis and for good reason as well, given that they are a fitnah to many communities.
See what I mean about labels I've never even heard of a 'madkhali-leaning salafis'. I only learn about these groups from ummah and when I do hear about them, I also learn the about hatred between, you get some people wishing jahanam on them, some people making tafkir, Then you have muhajiroons (who ever they are) wishing death on everyone, its just crazy and unislamic.

You come here and everything is civilised and discussed in a civilised manner with proper cited sources, you won't find people acting the internet mullahs and preaching their own views.

The reason the current affairs section should be closed is because of the false jihad ideas that get spread their, suicide bombings, killling muslims, fighting muslims govts.

All that acts as fitna and breeds corruption and hatred

convert
09-02-2009, 12:39 PM
See what I mean about labels I've never even heard of a 'madkhali-leaning salafis'. I only learn about these groups from ummah and when I do hear about them, I also learn the about hatred between, you get some people wishing jahanam on them, some people making tafkir, Then you have muhajiroons (who ever they are) wishing death on everyone, its just crazy and unislamic.

You come here and everything is civilised and discussed in a civilised manner with proper cited sources, you won't find people acting the internet mullahs and preaching their own views.

The reason the current affairs section should be closed is because of the false jihad ideas that get spread their, suicide bombings, killling muslims, fighting muslims govts.

All that acts as fitna and breeds corruption and hatred
I see you take your news from BBC and don't take the advice from Surat al-Hujarat. After that drama that went down in January at Ummah it still baffles my mind that people still choose to think ill of brothers and sisters in such a manner.

I have seen the madkhali salafis in person. They almost made me lose my Islam with some of the poison they spew in the name of the deen. Count yourself lucky that your community isn't riddled with them.

convert
09-02-2009, 12:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
islamic awakening is good if you can handle insults. mashaAllah there is a lot of knowledge that can be found on that site but once an argument starts :nervous:
That place is just too much. You can't go 2 consecutive posts without some insult being thrown out there.

S_87
09-02-2009, 12:55 PM
That place is just too much. You can't go 2 consecutive posts without some insult being thrown out there.
it depends on the topic. if its aqeedah then yes thats definitely the case which is a shame because if posts were brushed up they could be really benificial

aadil77
09-02-2009, 12:59 PM
I see you take your news from BBC and don't take the advice from Surat al-Hujarat. After that drama that went down in January at Ummah it still baffles my mind that people still choose to think ill of brothers and sisters in such a manner.

I have seen the madkhali salafis in person. They almost made me lose my Islam with some of the poison they spew in the name of the deen. Count yourself lucky that your community isn't riddled with them.
I'm not talking about news sources I'm talking about citing sources in matters of deen. Some people fail to back up some of the crap they come out with proper islamic sources.

What went down in january? and its quite hypocritical to mention that 'people' (which I think includes me) think ill of those brother and sisters when those same people have nothing good to say about muslims anywhere all you ever read about is munafiqs, fasiqs, murta'ds, kafirs etc. guess where I learnt these terms?

Sorry about your bad experiences within your community, we don't have any of that here. But the way you're describing these people it just sounds like you're describing the common ummah member? I think I've come across the worst of ummah but I know there are many knowledgable mebers

Thats enough from me, my rants aren't really gonna make a difference, just warn people here about some of the dangers of ummah forums

convert
09-02-2009, 01:13 PM
I'm not talking about news sources I'm talking about citing sources in matters of deen. Some people fail to back up some of the crap they come out with proper islamic sources.

What went down in january? and its quite hypocritical to mention that 'people' (which I think includes me) think ill of those brother and sisters when those same people have nothing good to say about muslims anywhere all you ever read about is munafiqs, fasiqs, murta'ds, kafirs etc. guess where I learnt these terms?

Sorry about your bad experiences within your community, we don't have any of that here. But the way you're describing these people it just sounds like you're describing the common ummah member? I think I've come across the worst of ummah but I know there are many knowledgable mebers

Thats enough from me, my rants aren't really gonna make a difference, just warn people here about some of the dangers of ummah forums
In January, a kafir journalist (Glen "Omar Hamza" Jenvy, who has since taken his shahadah alhamdulillah) posed as a muslim on there and started calling for the extermination of the jews in the UK after the genocide in Gaza. Nobody took him up on his offer or even responded to him in any way but he still wrote a "story" about how Ummah was full of terrorists and whatnot and it got sold to Sun... and then BBC, ABC, Yahoo, Sky, Fox, etc took it from there and ran with it. If it weren't for a third party blogger (Richard Tims) and Sajid over there doing some good sleuthing, Ummah would still be tarnished to this day. This is exactly what Allah was talking about in Surat al-Hujarat with regards to verifying news as it comes to you and, frankly, I don't trust anything the mainstream media says about muslims.

p.s. Those terms are in the Quran and hadith, I heard about them long before I got to Ummah.

Najm
09-02-2009, 07:43 PM

Ok i wont be joining ummah forum

what else is on offer? >> A forum which would make me a better Muslims, and with good muslims around

FiAmaaniAllah

Danah
09-02-2009, 08:58 PM

what else is on offer? >> A forum which would make me a better Muslims, and with good muslims around

FiAmaaniAllah
Have a look at www.islamic-life.com

I find it a good source of knowledge

aadil77
09-02-2009, 10:39 PM

Ok i wont be joining ummah forum

FiAmaaniAllah
try sunniforum.com , its not as active but most posts are beneficial, you wont find m/any crap posts there

Ramadhan
09-05-2009, 01:47 PM
I like this forums best, because IB strikes a good balance between good knowledge, good dynamic and light hearted topics

MMohammed
09-05-2009, 01:59 PM
Sincerely, this one.
Its just like a family!

cat eyes
09-06-2009, 03:42 AM
i love islamboard.com i am totally attached to this forum :'( don't know why

glo
09-06-2009, 03:43 AM
TMZ has been inaccessible for at least a day now ... does anybody know why?

revert2007
09-06-2009, 04:40 AM
turntoislam of course.

i have seen u somewhere lol

Nájlá
09-06-2009, 04:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
TMZ has been inaccessible for at least a day now ... does anybody know why?
Its been put down! It will be put back up soon... Thats what i got told anyway :hiding: Maybe Woodrow can tell us...

what's your favourite Islamic Forum?
LI

:shade:

glo
09-06-2009, 01:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Luloah
LI

:shade:
What's LI??
I've never heard of it! ;D;D

aamirsaab
09-06-2009, 01:14 PM
I've been lurking around this thread for a few mins. Some people are saying this place is strict.

Those members shall be receiving infractions for lying in the month of ramadhan.

(nah I'm just messing around, count this as a free-post)

Nájlá
09-06-2009, 05:34 PM
^And i get a rep, right? :hiding:

(Jus messin, count this as a free post :p)

What's LI??
I've never heard of it! ;D;D
:ooh: How could you not know what LI is? How could you not hear of the forum your on? :raging:

Am always going to be an LI member, for ever :hmm:

glo
09-06-2009, 06:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Luloah
:ooh: How could you not know what LI is? How could you not hear of the forum your on? :raging:

Am always going to be an LI member, for ever :hmm:
Have you not heard?
LI is dead. Long live IB! :D

Mohamed_
09-06-2009, 06:23 PM
I'm not member on any else, don't even wanna be on else. It's totally great for me! :) So this 1.

Soulja Girl
09-06-2009, 09:55 PM

Long live IB! :D
^Long live LI you mean? :p

mysticalrain
09-07-2009, 01:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Lady

^Long live LI you mean? :p

I remember that, it's called IB now :p

Anyways, islamfactor.org was the best islamic forum besides this one.

Nora.
09-07-2009, 01:29 AM
TMZ doesn't work ?
what happened ?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.