/* */

PDA

View Full Version : how to learn Tajweed Rules

ayan333
04-29-2009, 10:18 PM
:sl:

i wanted to know the best site or book that i can order to learn all the Tajweed Rules while reading Quran

ive learned alost of Surahs but if you dont know the Ahkamul Tajweed then theres really no point in memorzing if your doing it wrong

so please help!

JazakALLAH Khair

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
piXie
04-29-2009, 10:29 PM
:wasalamex

I don't know if its the best site but..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l11-AOjXsy8

see other parts also.

Al-Hanbali
04-29-2009, 10:38 PM
Wa 'alaykum salaam wa rahmatullaah wa barakaatuh,

One thing you need to keep in mind sister, when your pursuing to learn tajweed, the proper application of tajweed can only be achieved under the tutelage of a qualified qaari'. There is no substitute for that. However, you may be able to learn the ahkaam (rules) from books etc.

One really good resource I would recommend is, Tajweed Rules of the Qur'aan (3 parts) by Kareema Carol. You also have one of our sisters on the forum going through one of the basic texts of tajweed, Tuhfatul Atfaal of Imaam al-Jamzoory. Also, Sh. Yaasir Qaadhi has a brilliant series of videos entitled The Noble Emissaries, going through the ahkaam at-tajweed.

Besides that, while you're looking for a teacher, you can listen to recitors such as Mahmood Khaleel al-Husary & Muhamamd Siddeeq al-Minshaawi who have excellent tajweed.

AbuSalahudeen
04-29-2009, 10:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ayan333

i wanted to know the best site or book that i can order to learn all the Tajweed Rules while reading Quran

ive learned alost of Surahs but if you dont know the Ahkamul Tajweed then theres really no point in memorzing if your doing it wrong

so please help!

JazakALLAH Khair

Alhamdulilah sister I'm in the middle of doing my Hifds (make dua I stay sincere and steadfast till I finish inshallah) so inshallah I can tell you about my own experiences and learning Tajweed and apply the rulings while reciting.

Learning the theory side of things doesn't take very long at all and can be done in a short course. But what takes a long time is actually applying the rules, here are things you need to take in to account:

1 - Find a teacher who has Ijazah to teach quran, there are alot of Hufads who have memorized well but have not been tested thoroughly.

2 - Makhrijj al Hurf (Correct pronunciation) of all the letters, depending on there position and vowls. Most brothers and sisters don't study and practice the Makhrij of each letter enough, which leads to many many errors while reciting. Studying the Sifaat (attributes) of all letter would help alot.

3 - What ever theory you learn find 20 - 30 places in the Mushaf were this rule needs to be applied.

4 - Listen to a Qari/Shaykh who is well known for the Tajweed, the slower the better; I would recommend Muhammad Khalil Husary, Muhammad Saadiq Minshawi or Abdul Rashid Alee Sufee.

And practise practise and practise.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ayan333
04-30-2009, 12:23 AM

JazakALLAH Khair for all those who responded.

Alhamduliliah i do have a teacher available who teaches Tajweed but i want to pick it up,go on a faster pace.

i no some Tajweed rules but i want to go into depth with them.i want to know in detail how you pronounce it as well as all the different names.Many
Tajweed rules have exceptions when applying them so that also a concern for me.

im fasicnated with Qari/sheiks..im constently listening to them.Abu Bakr shatri,Gambi,ajami ect so thats defenity not the issue Alhamdulilah,i just want to know every tajweed rule so i wont have to always depend on listening to a shiek

im also in the process of Hifds Alhamdulilah,ill keep you in my Duas

JazaALLAH Khair once again

convert
04-30-2009, 02:28 AM
get the green tajweedi mushaf. after a while, you pick up on things and don't need the color coding anymore

ayan333
05-01-2009, 11:15 PM

yes i have that already,it helps with reading but i want to actually unerstand the rules ect

JazakALLAH Khair

FatimaAsSideqah
05-01-2009, 11:19 PM

This site can explains you some of principles about Tajweed Rules of Quran.

http://www.abouttajweed.com/

Insha'Allah, this will helpful for your duty. :D

Mujahidah4Allah
05-08-2009, 06:00 PM

i didnt want to open another thread but the 'Ijaazah' course was mentioned here, does anyone know how long it takes to do the ijaazah course?

wa/salam

Al-Hanbali
05-08-2009, 06:26 PM
^ I think it depends on the person and depending on how strict the teacher is in giving the 'ijaazah and how regular you are. Maybe 1-3 years.

One of the teachers, he gives 'Ijaazah on the conditions:

- the person is a Haafidh al-Qur'aan
- the person reads a full khatm (from memory) or until the Shaykh is satisfied with the person's qiraa'ah
- the person has to have at least studied one basic text on tajweed e.g. Tu7fah, Jazariyyah etc

Wallaahu a'lam.

Mujahidah4Allah
05-08-2009, 06:37 PM

hmmmm i was told that you could memorize upto a minimum of 2 juz?

wa/salam

Al-Hanbali
05-08-2009, 06:59 PM
^ yh, I remember him saying that if you have not completely memorised, then you need to reacite one full khatm, with at least 3 ajzaa from memory.

Mujahidah4Allah
05-09-2009, 09:08 AM

so would it be 3 ajzaa from the front or back? and with that recitation of one whole khatam...? Anything else required?

wa/salam

Al-Hanbali
05-14-2009, 10:10 PM
Wa 'alaykum salaam...

so would it be 3 ajzaa from the front or back?
Allaahu a'lam, I guess it would from where you teacher asks you to read from.

and with that recitation of one whole khatam...?
Yup, minimum is at least one khatm; however it also depends on whether the teacher is happy with your recitation; he/she may ask you to read more than that.

Anything else required?
Study a basic tajweed matn.

BTW these requirements were from a Shaykh I studied with for a short period of time. I believe the requirements differ depending on the teacher. Also sister, if you aren't already memorizing, I'd suggest you strive to complete hifdh of the Qur'aan inshaAllaah; the Shaykh once said "If you're not a haafidh, don't even think about 'ijaazah!."

Wallaahu a'lam.

Banu_Hashim
05-14-2009, 10:33 PM
sis ayan,

have a look at this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqyiAWic7F0

Sheikh Mishary Al-Afasy does this for other surahs (see the Ride Hand Side)

Mujahidah4Allah
05-15-2009, 01:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Saifur-Rahmaan

BTW these requirements were from a Shaykh I studied with for a short period of time. I believe the requirements differ depending on the teacher. Also sister, if you aren't already memorizing, I'd suggest you strive to complete hifdh of the Qur'aan inshaAllaah; the Shaykh once said "If you're not a haafidh, don't even think about 'ijaazah!."

Wallaahu a'lam.
:uuh: maybe i wont go down that road then...

wa/salam

piXie
05-15-2009, 02:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mujahidah4Allah
:uuh: maybe i wont go down that road then...
Go down Burton Road instead, u can get your ijaazah frm the mosque there. :D U don't have to do the whole Qur'aan hifdh, but would be good if u did.

Anyways, I'll PM u the details if u are interested. Female teachers btw.

qumajid
05-16-2009, 03:08 PM
Dear Brothers!

I am newbie in this forums even though I am guiding.One person who can teach tajweed rules thousand of persons already he has teached Tajweed and he is a saudi awarded not only that he has written a book of Tajweed Rules.His name is Qari Mohammed Ali Khan.

WWW.Darulqiratalbasitia.org

THANKS

BEST OF LUCK

ALLAH HAFIZ

Nomanzia376
02-12-2015, 02:57 PM
ws.. i m a tajweed teacher, i do my corse from Alhuda i can help u..

musakhan552001
02-10-2023, 03:29 AM
I can help you in this regard but I am new to this forum so I don't know how to help you.

musakhan552001
02-10-2023, 03:39 AM
I can help you in this regard but I am new to this forum so I don't know how to help you.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.