/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Selling PORK in a franchise is Halal??

samosaay
04-29-2009, 10:43 PM
selling pork in a franchise (which is essential to sell as per their rules) is haram or is it halal to do. coz i never heard any hadith for selling pork( its only eating pork is haram). pls help me to find this. i lost my job about a month ago and after that, spent my days and nights for applying jobs all over US. and till this point, still jobless.now some one giving me opportunity to run their subway business. but i am very confused and devoted to know about pork.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
04-30-2009, 03:21 AM
I am sorry akhi, I know he is a scholar but I'd have to deeply disagree with that opinion...
I'll support my own however weak with this hadith.

"That which is lawful is plain and that which is unlawful is plain and between the two of them are doubtful matters about which not many people know. Thus he who avoids doubtful matters clears himself in regard to his religion and his honor, but he who falls into doubtful matters falls into that which is unlawful, like the shepherd who pastures around a sanctuary, all but grazing therein. Truly every king has a sanctuary, and truly Allah's sanctuary is His prohibitions. Truly in the body there is a morsel of flesh which, if it be whole, all the body is whole and which, if it be diseased, all of it is diseased. Truly it is the heart." [Bukhari and Muslim]

and Allah swt knows best

he who trusts in Allah, Allah swt will find him a way out!

:w:

جوري
04-30-2009, 03:52 AM
I have a true story which might be irrelevant but, a friend of my brother owned and ran one of those famous franchises that usually sell some sort of pig meat for breakfast food, well he managed for many yrs to divert shipments and this guy would carry it off daily and it was generally understood that his store sold only halal stuffs, he had many customers until he was ratted out and started selling pig sandwiches because he felt he'd lose everything if he didn't well surprisingly did very very poorly afterward that he was forced out -- could be any number of things, bad economy or losing old customers, though I believe there is a wider market for pigs for breakfast the truth as I saw it, when he feared his livelihood over what Allah swt decreed, he became a loser...

Now I understand what you are saying for practical purposes, if I were trapped in a rubble, I'd probably drink sewer water and eat whatever insects to survive, but I see so many options for a Muslim trying to feed his family and selling pigs or wine doesn't have to be one of them.. I realize I am not a scholar and have read fully the ruling above, but I have such an aversion for that animal and would see myself as a hypocrite if I didn't express my view...

and Allah swt knows best

جوري
04-30-2009, 04:10 AM
:sl:

I don't want to be someone who says Haram Haram haram and not offer any measure of help..

I hope this website comes in handy for the br. Insha'Allah..

http://www.monster.com/

May Allah swt ease your troubles, find you what you want and need as well the rest of the Muslim ummah

ameen

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AabiruSabeel
04-30-2009, 04:23 AM
:sl:

I don't say its allowed or not. But we have been relying a lot on internet fatwas lately. I was just posting in some other thread about it. I will just quote myself here.
It is better to visit your local scholar if you have any question. Fatwas on the internet can be used for backing or further reference, but we should not completely rely on that.

I heard some 'Ulama say, consider visiting the 'Ulama as 'Ibadah. It comes in Hadith: "For him who adopts a path of seeking knowledge, Allah eases the way in Paradise, and Angels spread their wings for the seekers of knowledge, being pleased with his occupation, and all that is in the heavens and the Earth including the fish in the water, ask for his forgiveness. The learned are the heirs of the Prophets and the Prophets do not leave an inheritance of dirhams and dinars, but only of knowledge. He who acquires knowledge acquires a vast portion." [Abu Dawood and Tirmidhi]

and "Whoever takes a path for knowledge, Allah will make an easy way for him to paradise" [Ibn Majah]

Hadhrat Abu Zar (Radhiyallahu 'anhu) reports that Rasulullah Sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) said "O Abu Zar, if you go in the morning and learn one ayat from the Book of Allah, it will be better for you than your offering one hundred rakaat of nafl salaat, and if you learn one chapter of knowledge, which may or may not be practised at that time will be better for you than your offering one thousand rakaat of nafl salaat." [Ibn Majah]

"Whenever you people pass through the Gardens of Paradise, partake of their fruits." The Companions asked: "What are the Gardens of Paradise?" The Holy Prophet (Sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) answered: "The assemblies wherein knowledge of Islam and the Holy Qur'an is taught."

The Holy Prophet (Sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) also said: "Luqmaan instructed his son in these words: "Keep the company of scholars, and listen attentively to the words of the wise, for therewith Allah revives the dead hearts, just as He revives the dead earth with heavy rains; and the wise alone understand the religion."'

A Companion asked the Holy Prophet (Sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) "Who can be the best companion for us?" He answered: "Such a person that, when you see him. you remember Allah; when you listen to him. your knowledge of Islam is increased; when you see his actions, you are reminded of the life Hereafter."
[Targheeb]

When you visit an 'Alim personally, you get a lot of benefits just being in his company, a lot more than you can imagine.

(edited)... it is always best to get your questions to the scholars in person. You may not be able to explain the problems or the question very clearly in writing. Moreover, if you meet a scholar in person, he may also ask for some more details, background info about your query, to help him arise at a better solution which more suitable to your particular case.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.