/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I need your help Please loosing my faith

Schewinto
04-30-2009, 01:01 AM
I have many health issues and it's getting worse. And now I can hardely walk and I'am very limited physically.
The doctors say don't know exactely what I have. But it's probably neurological.

The question is that before I become very sick I was pious but now my faith is very low nearly unexistant.
So what if I die when I am a not religious and before I was a good Muslim, esp that I tried to regain my faith but I can't.

Please when you anwser give references.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
noorahmad
04-30-2009, 11:28 AM
Why are you losing your faith brother? because of your illness??

ahmed_indian
04-30-2009, 11:46 AM
salaam bro,

can u explain more pls.

is it due to pain that u find faith getting less or neurological, that ur memory is getting weak?

keep praying to Allah for better health and life, keep seeking His forgiveness.
as u r worried that wht will happen if u die with weak faith, it shows that u have taqwa of Allah.

always be in touch Quran, hadith and other islamic books. (good muslim frnds too, if possible)

keep asking Allah that u live and die as a muslim. may Allah help u with His infinite mercy

witness
04-30-2009, 12:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Schewinto

The question is that before I become very sick I was pious but now my faith is very low nearly unexistant.
So what if I die when I am a not religious and before I was a good Muslim, esp that I tried to regain my faith but I can't.

Asalamualaikum w. w.

I pray Allah swt guides you and keep you steadfast on iman. May He grant you a complete health and comfort in this world and in the hereafter.

It seems you are in a better place now in terms of your iman...you thinking you were pious before means you thought you were sorted... and although you might have felt comfort in thinking that, it is not a desired place to be in.
...now it seems you have been blessed to see and have woken up from that deceptive thought - as long as you keep this effort and concern in holding on to your iman inshallah you have no need to be worried.
Keep making duaa..He is always there ..we just need to look in the right direction.

wasalam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Schewinto
04-30-2009, 01:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ahmed_indian
salaam bro,

can u explain more pls.

is it due to pain that u find faith getting less or neurological, that ur memory is getting weak?

keep praying to Allah for better health and life, keep seeking His forgiveness.
as u r worried that wht will happen if u die with weak faith, it shows that u have taqwa of Allah.

always be in touch Quran, hadith and other islamic books. (good muslim frnds too, if possible)

keep asking Allah that u live and die as a muslim. may Allah help u with His infinite mercy

It is pain due to neurological problem.
So it is both ,and technically it's called psychosomatic.

And to answer Noorahmed, yes I am losing my faith due to my illness.

Snowflake
04-30-2009, 01:58 PM
May Allah grant you sabr, steadfastness in the deen and imaan and a complete recovery. Ameen.

I hope this article helps you understand illness and it's cures and blessings. InshaAllah.

Prayers and Healing

By Shahid Athar, M.D.
14/10/2002

We, the physicians, have now come to accept a fact known to our patients for centuries: that healing is from God, and we are just an instrument of the Healer. We give the same medication to two different patients with the same type of medical problem or perform similar operations on two patients otherwise at the same risk and one will survive and the other one doesn't. It is more than simple luck. As Socrates put it, "I dress the wound and God heals it." This was also acknowledged by the Prophet Abraham, "and when I am ill, it is He who cures me" (Quran 26:80). God himself attests to it by saying "If God touches thee with an affliction, no one can remove it but He" (Quran 6:17).

Healing from the Quran

The Quran is not a textbook of medicine, rather it contains rules of guidance that if followed will promote good health and healing. This is why the Quran calls itself a book of healing.

"O mankind, there has come unto you a direction from your Lord and a healing for the heart and for those who believe in guidance and mercy" (Quran 10:57).

"We have sent down in the Quran that which is healing and a mercy to those who believe" (Quran 17:82)

Healing from the Quran is of three types:

a. Legislative effect: This includes faith (iman) in God as not only the Creator but the Sustainer and the Protector. This also includes the medical benefits of obligatory prayers, fasting, charity and pilgrimage.

b. Health Guidelines: Health-promoting items from the Quran and the tradition of the Prophet Mohammed (peace be upon him) including the use of honey, olives, fruit, lean meat, avoiding excessive eating, and the prohibition of alcohol, pork, homosexuality, sexual promiscuity and sex during menstruation.

c. The direct healing effect of the Quran: Recitation of Quran by the ill or for the ill (ruqya) has shown to have a direct healing effect. This most likely uses the medical benefits of echo.

Echo of sound is such a powerful force that it has been used to blast off mountains. Now the miniaturized version of echo is used in medicine to break kidney stones (lithotripsy), gallstones, and even vegetations in the subendothelial bacterial endocarditis (SBE). Listening to the recitation of the Holy Quran has been shown in a study conducted by Dr. Ahmed E. Kadi and his associates to lower blood pressure, heart rate, and to cause smooth muscle relaxation in Muslim Arabs, non-Arab Muslims and even in non-Muslims. It is postulated that the echo target of “Alif Lam Meem” (the first three words of Surat AlBaqarah-the 2nd chapter of the Quran) is in the heart and that of Ya-seen (chapter 36) is in the pituitary gland of the brain. Thus the Prophet Mohammad always stressed reading the Quran (Quran-recitation) loudly and not silently by saying, "The comparison between a silent reader and a recitor is like a bottle of perfume when it is closed and when it is opened."

Use of Meditation in Prayer and Healing

Meditation includes acts of remembrance and communications with God as ordained to us.

1. "When my servant asks you (O Muhammad) about me, (tell them) I am close to them: I listen to the prayer of each supplicant when he asks Me. Let them listen to My call and believe in Me, that they may walk in the right way" (Quran 2:186).

2. "Your Lord says: "Call on Me and I will answer your call" (Quran 40:60).

3. "Those who believe and whose hearts find rest in the remembrance of God, for in the remembrance of God do hearts find rest" (Quran 13:28).

4. "Remember Me, I will remember you; thank Me and reject Me not" (Quran 2:152).

5. "Remember thy Lord much and praise Him in the evening and morning" (Quran 3:41).

6. "Such as those who remember God standing, sitting and reclining" (Quran 3:191).

7. "and men who remember God much and women who remember God, God has prepared for them forgiveness and a vast reward" (Quran 33:35).

8. "O you believe! Remember God with much remembrance and glorify Him in the morning and evening" (Quran 33:41-42).

Sayings of the Prophet Muhammad

The Prophet Muhammad, like all other prophets of God, was engaged in the remembrance of God most of the time. He is known to have said:

1. "There is a polish for everything that removes the rust and the polish for the rust-of- heart is the dhikr (remembrance) of God."

2. He was asked which people are most virtuous and most highly esteemed by God on the Day of Judgement. The messenger of God (P) replied "Those who remember God often."

3. It is narrated in a hadith Qudsi (direct revelation to Prophet Muhammad) "God Most High says I am as my Servant thinks I am. I am with him when he makes mention of Me. If he makes mention of Me by himself, I make mention of him to Myself. If he makes mention of Me in an assembly, I make mention of him in an assembly better than his. If he comes closer to Me a hand span, I come closer to him arms-length, if he comes to Me walking, I come to him running."

Thus meditation/remembrance has been a practice of all Sufi sheikhs. In the words of Sheikh al-Mursi "dhikr (meditation) pleases God, defeats and drives evil forces, increases livelihood, makes the personality more prestigious, cleanses the heart, removes the faults and saves the tongue from lying, gossip, backbiting and hypocrisy while engaged in the remembrance of God."

Seeking Help with Prayers

According to Imam Ghazali, illness increases faith and brings man closer to God. Knowing this nature, we are told by the Quran -
"O you who believe, seek help with patience and prayers, as God is with those who patiently persevere" (Quran 2:153).

The Prophet Muhammad used to comfort the ill when he visited them and would say the following prayer:

"O Allah remove the hardship, O Lord of mankind, grant cure for You are the Healer. There is no cure but from You, a cure which leaves no illness behind."

He would also make following prayer for his own health:

"O Allah cure my body, cure my heart and cure my eyesight from any illness" (repeated 3 times).

Do Prayers Work?

Yes they do. Dr. Larry Dossey in his book "The Healing Words" has documented the healing effects of prayer. Citing one example from the research conducted by Dr. Byrd at San Francisco General Hospital in 1988, 393 critically ill heart patients admitted to the intensive care units over a 10-month period were divided into two groups. Patients categorized into group (A) were prayed for by name until they left the hospital. Those in group (B) were not prayed for. Those giving the prayers were not told how to pray. The results were very interesting. Those prayed for left the hospital early, had a lower incidence of cardiac arrest, 2-1/2 times less incidence of congestive heart failure and required 1/5th less antibiotics. The research team also observed that prayer combined with loving care worked even better. Men who had angina pectoris and a loving, caring wife, reported a 50% reduction in angina than men who were single or divorced.

Prayers work for us even while we are sleeping. The Prophet Muhammad advised us to say prayers from Quran (Surah Ikhlas, Al Falaq, Annas and/or last verse of Al Baqra (2:286) before going to sleep.

My Own Practice

I do dhikr in all my free time, especially while driving, and I pray for myself, my family, my friends and my patients by name, knowing that cure is only from God.

One time I visited a critically ill patient who had an adrenal tumor (pheochromocytoma) and was in hypotensive shock. I asked her what I could do for her and she, out of desperation (doctors had told her she wouldn't make it) asked me to pray. So I placed my hand over the site of the tumor and made the prophetic prayer and left. The next day when I came, I was surprised to see her sitting up in bed smiling. She told me that in the evening, the radiologist x-rayed her again and found no trace of the tumor. He could not explain it but thought that the arteriogram might have infarcted the tumor.
http://www.islamonline.net/english/S...rticle09.shtml

Snowflake
04-30-2009, 02:02 PM
How did I forget Hijamah..

Hijama in Religion

Muhammad Ibn Abdullah was born in Makkah in the year 570, during the period of history Europeans call the Middle Ages. He recommended the use of Hijama therapy as a means of preventive medicine and curing many ailments. “Hijama is one of the best ways for human beings to cure themselves.”

He specified certain places on the body that should have this as a preventive treatment even if the individual is well. He specified the timing of this treatment and recommended it on the 17th, 19th, and 21st of the lunar calendar. It is these specific timings and places on the body that renders Hijama different from cupping. This is to do with the gravity of the moon to do with the body elimination of toxins. He also mentioned that Hijama should be done at the back of the neck, and between the two shoulder blades as this is where toxins accumulate and this place connects the brain to the rest of the body bringing oxygen into the brain and helping the body to repair itself.
http://nhnf.co.uk

Muslim Woman
05-01-2009, 12:28 AM
In the name of Allah , Most Gracious, Most Merciful

Salaam/peace

..now my faith is very low ...Please when you anwser give references.
May Allah cure you & grant you strong faith , Ameen.

If you read Quran & Hadith , u will see how many Prophets (pbut ) suffered from illness & went through variuos tests. Prophet Yusuf (pbuh) was lost & his father became blind after griefing etc.

Pl. have patience & continue making dua & don't miss your 5 times prayers . U are allowed to offer it while sitting or lieing on bed.

Last Prophet (pbuh) said - 'Whenever a Muslim experiences any hardship like sickness (etc.), Allah Ta'ala wipes away his sins just as a tree sheds its leaves during autumn.

SICKNESS - A MERCY FROM ALLAH

http://www.alinaam.org.za/library/sickness2.htm

Du`a’ for Healing Sickness

Doctor - Saudi Arabia

Can you prescribe a Du`a’ that I can say to heal a sickness?

Name of Counsellor
Ahmad Kutty

.... Prophet, peace and blessing be upon him, instructed us: "Seek medical treatment, for Allah has provided a cure for every illness." This Hadith should be taken as encouragement to seek medical treatment along with making Du`a’, imploring Allah to cure one’s illness. Moreover, when the Prophet was ill, he sought medical treatment.

...“Here are few of the supplications you can use for purpose of healing as mentioned in the Sunnah:

1) Allahumma rabba al-nnas adhhibi al-ba’sa ishfi anta al-sshafi la shifa’a illa shifa’ula shifa’an la yughadiru saqaman

(O Allah, O Lord of Mankind, remove the affliction and send down cure and healing, for no one can cure but You; so cure in such a way that no trace of illness is left).

2) As’alu Allaha al-azem rabba al-‘arshi al-azem an yashfiyane

(I beseech Allah, the Great, Lord of the Mighty Throne, to heal me).

3) A’udhu bi izzati Allahi wa qudratihi mimma ajidu wa uhadhiru

(I seek refuge and protection in the august might and power of Allah from the pain and illness I am suffering from and I’m afraid of).

Furthermore, you may also repeat and meditate on some of the beautiful Names of Allah: i.e., ya rahamanu ya rahem; ya shafi, (O the most Merciful one, O the Healer and curer).”

Excerpted, with slight modifications, from: www.islam.ca

Allah Almighty knows best.

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...=1119503545662

Yanal
05-01-2009, 12:58 AM
Here are typical islam questions:

As-Salamu `Alaykum. Dear Sir, I received the last answer to my question and was quite impressed. Thank you for providing such good information. Now, I will dare to ask another question. I know that without faith, knowledge is useless. I know that knowledge of the word of God that greatly proves and justifies one's faith and provides a firm foundation for worship. I have deeply desired to read the Islamic Toret, simply because I believe that it is the foundation for all other books. Yet, I do not know if I am qualified to see it or not.

I have studied the Christian Torah for about 10 years. Therefore, I would find it a great honor to read this book. Please forgive my silliness and understand my desire to know more. I appreciate your help.

AnswerWa`alaykum As-Salaamu Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

In The Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

All praise and thanks are due to Allah, and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger.

“Thanks a lot for your remarks on the previous answers sent to you. We reassure you that it is very interesting to talk to you. In the beginning, we would like to tell you that the Muslim scripture is not called “Toret”, but it is called Qur’an (i.e., the book to be read and to be followed).

It’s a well established fact that the Qur’an is the absolute word of God, which is eternal, not created. It was revealed to Prophet Muhammad, peace and blessings be upon him, in a certain time, verse by verse, via the Angel Gabriel. The first revealed Qur’anic verse was meant to honor learning and teaching. The Qur’an contains 114 Surahs which vary in length. The unit of this Surah is called a verse or Ayah, and the Ayahs vary also in length.

The Qur’an contains everything that man needs to know in this world. Allah says, “We have neglected nothing in the Book.” (Al-An`am: 38)

The Qur’an also contains the basic teachings of all the previous Prophets such as Moses, Abraham, Jesus, etc. It tells us the stories of these Prophets and their struggle to deliver Allah’s Message to their peoples.

We have, for example, a chapter or Surah called ‘Abraham”. Also, there is another Surah called “Joseph” and another called “Mary”.

Almost all the Old Testament Prophets are given ample attention in the Qur’an. However, we should not regard the Qur’an as a historical book.

Much of the details you find in the Old Testament concerning the genealogies of the Children of Israel and their movements are not to be seen in the Qur’an.

The Qur’an provides facts only and leaves out the contradictory details, which make modern biblical critics in the West abandon the assertion that these books were revealed by Allah, and they prove that they are no more than human assertions. The Qur’an is still intact. It suffers no corruption or alteration. It is the same as it was revealed and it is the most-widely read book. Muslims believe that the Qur’an is a miracle in many aspects."

NameShaeed -
ProfessionQuestion I wanted to know if we Muslims can say that we believe in the Bible although it is not the book that was given to Jesus (`Isa). I have heard that Muslims say this when they invite others to Islam. Thank you. AnswerIn The Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

All praise and thanks are due to Allah, and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger.

"As you know, Muslims believe that Islam is the religion of Allah that came to mankind with all Prophets of Allah from Adam to Muhammad at different series. Each series came according to the level of people and according to the circumstances of its time. So, Adam, Noah, Ibrahim, Jesus and finally Muhammad brought essentially the same religion. No Prophet ever taught anything of his own or ever contradicts another Prophet.

Thus, Muslims believe in all Prophets and in the revelation that they brought from Allah without distinction or discrimination between one Prophet and the other. Referring to this, Allah Almighty says: "He hath ordained for you that religion which He commended unto Noah, and that which We inspire in thee (Muhammad), and that which We commended unto Abraham and Moses and Jesus, saying: Establish the religion, and be not divided therein. Dreadful for the idolaters is that unto which thou callest them. Allah chooseth for Himself whom He will, and guideth unto Himself him who turneth (toward Him)." (Ash-Shura: 13)

In the Qur’an, Allah tells us also that He gave the kalimat or words of guidance to Adam, the Scroll to Ibrahim, the Psalms to David, the Torah to Musa, the Gospel to Jesus. And He also tells us that some of these Books will completely be lost. Others will be subject to corruption and omission. Thus, basically Muslims believe in all of these Books and of the Prophets who brought them.

The essential Divine message which Allah saved for the human intervention is already there in the Qur’an. The Bible, that is to say, the Old and New Testaments, contains some original passages and parts of the teachings of the preceding Prophets.

This is the truth about the previous Divine Scriptures, but Islam recommends us not to argue with the People of the Book, i.e. Jews and Christians, unless such argument is done in the best of manners and not to provoke them or to belittle their beliefs."

NameSami -
Professionas Question Can you tell me if there is a mystical element in Islam? Are there people who have visions or miracles (such curing illnesses) by virtue of their Islamic faith?

AnswerIn The Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

"Islam is a religion and a complete way of life. It covers all human needs, guides people during their earthly journey towards their final destiny.

It is the aim of Islam to look after man physically, spiritually, intellectually, socially and politically. Islam also protects man’s life, mind, honor or dignity and identity and his pedigree. Islam provides mankind with spiritual forces and moral strength.

Of course, if a Muslim applies the teachings of Islam completely, correctly and sincerely he/she can attain a high level of spirituality.

We, as Muslims, believe in the karamah or saintly ability to do unusual things such as multiplying food, physical or spiritual healing, etc.)

However, we should know that this karamah is to support the man of Allah or the extra-pious Muslim to perform his duty towards people, to guide them to the way of Allah and to strengthen his faith. This is something that cannot be separated from the religion.

No one can claim spiritual healing or anything of this kind without performing his religious duties and without being known of piety among people. Otherwise, Satan may mislead someone and entice him to the extent that man is rendered into an instrument utilized by the Satan to mislead others. May Allah protect us all"

Namemaryam -
ProfessionQuestion I have been told by many people that "interfaith" discussions are haram in themselves because they give credence to those who don't accept Islam and the teachings of Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) and the Qur'an. Can you shed some light on this issue?
AnswerIn The Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

"Islam is the true and final religion. It is universal and all-embracing. Islam came to talk to people without distinction and to talk to them according their level of understanding. We cannot say that Islam is a universal or global religion and say in the same time that we should not talk to this or that sort of people.

When Islam founded a strong hold in Madinah, there were constructive dialogues with the Jews as well as the hypocrites.

In the Qur’an, there is a whole Surah called “al-Kafirun” and another called one “al-Munafiqun”. The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) received a Christian delegation led by a high Christian clergy and he met them in his Mosque and talked to them about religion.

While in Makkah, the Prophet sent a group of his Companions to Abyssinia. This group of the immigrants did not refuse to talk to Negus and his clergy. The Qur’an for the first time was recited before the Christian in the Negus court. The Prophet sent letters to invite kings and emperors to Islam. I haven't ever heard that the Prophet refused to talk to a non-Muslim.

In the Qur’an, we have many forms of 'interfaith dialogue' between the Prophets of Allah and the leading personalities of their times. We may refer to Ibrahim’s dialogue with his people, his father and the Namrud who the king of his time. Musa also was commanded by Allah together with his brother Harun to talk to Pharaoh. We may quote the following verse as an example:

"Bethink thee of him who had an argument with Abraham about his Lord, because Allah had given him the kingdom; how, when Abraham said: My Lord is He who giveth life and causeth death, he answered: I give life and cause death. Abraham said: Lo! Allah causeth the sun to rise in the East, so do thou cause it to come up from the West. Thus was the disbeliever abashed. And Allah guideth not wrong doing folk. Or (bethink thee of) the like of him who, passing by a township which had fallen into utter ruin, exclaimed: How shall Allah give this township life after its death? And Allah made him die a hundred years, then brought him back to life. He said: How long hast thou tarried? (The man) said: I have tarried a day or part of a day. (He) said: Nay, but thou hast tarried for a hundred years. Just look at thy food and drink which have rotted! Look at thine ass! And, that We may make thee a token unto mankind, look at the bones, how We adjust them and then cover them with flesh! And when (the matter) became clear unto him, he said: I know now that Allah is Able to do all things." (Al-Baqarah: 258-259)

Allah Also says: "Go, thou and thy brother, with My tokens, and be not faint in remembrance of Me. Go, both of you, unto Pharaoh. Lo! he hath transgressed (the bounds). And speak unto him a gentle word, that peradventure he may heed or fear. They said: Our Lord! Lo! we fear that he may be beforehand with us or that he may play the tyrant. He said: Fear not. Lo! I am with you twain, Hearing and Seeing." (Taha: 42-46)

Nowadays, interfaith dialogue is required. We do not inter into discussions with others to give credence to those who don't accept Islam but to let them know about it in order to display the beauty and goodness of our religion.

Interfaith dialogue should be done by highly capable and well equipped Muslims because Muslim critics are well-equipped to defend their positions and suppositions."

You can also read:

Islam and Constructive Dialogue

NameP. Ehrenberg-US -
ProfessionQuestion Why innocents? Did our civilization learn nothing from previous times…Crusades, and other "wars-of-faith"? We are all God's children.

All faiths and religions are like fingers on the hands of GOD (ALLAH, BUDDAH, CHRIST, MOHAMMED, ZOROASTER,VISHNU, or however we choose to call our GOD). We are one! Who are we to take life? Spare innocents as they are not yours to kill. Seek your path if you must, but spare the innocents as they did not wrong you.
AnswerIn the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

"Thank you for your question or rather your statement. You should know that Islam holds human life in high esteem, human blood is sacred, human property is safeguarded, killing others is a criminal act in Islam and it is severely punishable not only in this world but also in the Hereafter.

Even the child in his mother’s womb is well protected in Islam and even the dead body in the grave is totally honored. The life of animals come also under the Islamic law of protection. If a Muslim kills another Muslim, he must be killed after all evidences are established. Unless the family of the murdered forgive the murderer or accept to compromise the matter with him.

Yes, it is a pity nowadays we find Israel killing Palestinians in great numbers while the whole world is watching or listening to false justifications.

The Crusaders as you know came from Europe to kill Muslims and occupy their land using religion as a means of justification to their claim. I would like to recall here that the intolerant Catholics in Spain had gone very far against Jesus himself, the prince of peace.

In Islam, the protection of one soul from being killed may be equal to giving life to all humankind and it is likewise the killing of an innocent soul may be equal to the killing of the entire human race.

Allah Almighty says: "For that cause We decreed for the Children of Israel that whosoever killeth a human being for other than man slaughter or corruption in the earth, it shall be as if be had killed all mankind, and whoso saveth the life of one, it shall be as if he had: saved the life of all mankind. Our messengers came unto them of old with clear proofs (of Allah's sovereignty) , but afterwards lo! many of them became prodigals in the earth." (Al-Ma'idah: 32)

In Islam, Jihad is not to kill others or to deny their existence or their rights to live and develop their life. It is only to protect the Muslim people against any aggression or invasion.

Islam is also ready to offer protection to the non-Muslims who are wronged and unjustly treated. Islam tries always to keep the balance between nations and to secure a better life and always calls for a better understanding between nations.

In the just war allowed in Islam, it is forbidden to kill innocent children, women and unarmed people; or to burn crops, destroy the means of living, torture the captives, or mutilate the dead bodies under any circumstance. If the enemies of Islam called for peace, Islam urges Muslims to accept and to decline war and enter into peace immediately with them. War in Islam is circumstantial and accidental. But peace is the everlasting rule.

We agree with you that the religious community should stop killing and stop carrying weapons against each other and give way to peace. They should help each other and cooperate with one another to overcome and conquer the myriad of problems our race is facing.

We should maintain justice, peace, security and order in the world. I do not agree with you about the image you gave that 'BUDDAH, CHRIST, MOHAMMED, ZOROASTER,VISHNU we choose to call our GOD'. We Muslims do not believe that Muhammad is god nor that Buddha, Christ, etc. are gods. They are mortals.

We believe that Muhammad is the Prophet and Messenger of Allah who was chosen by Him to deliver His final message to mankind. Muhammad was granted many miracles, the best of which after the Qur’an is the everlasting influence upon Muslims and humanity in large. We honor Jesus as a mighty Prophet, Buddha, Zoroaster could be god’s Messengers to their people. Allah in Islam is above time and space and nothing in this world can resemble Him or even stand in any degree similar to Him."

You can also read:

Aggression against Innocent People: What Islam Says

Do Muslims Kill Their Opponents?

Naught Is as His likeness!

Namedeeba -
ProfessionQuestion Knowing that the Christians are not following the original Bible as there are so many versions of it, why do we tell them this although they refuse to see it? When we give them da`wa and explain to them that they had been following the original Bible, how can we explain more clearly when we mention this to a Christian? AnswerIn The Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

"I think the Christians you are talking about are categorically fundamentalists and they are still arguing about something that is difficult to attain or to establish beyond doubt.

It is commonly hold that the Torah that exist today is not the same that was given to Musa. There are many incidents, dates, locations and happenings that if read carefully can prove that the Torah and the Prophets were written in different times, by different hands and in different provinces.

The examples are so many to quote but I may refer to the last chapter of the Torah which clearly states that Musa, the servant of God, died and was buried and none knows his tomb till today. We should ask how this can be a part of the revealed Torah.

As for the four Gospels, it is a fact that they were written by four different men, two of them (i.e. Luke and Mark) never saw Jesus. And the Gospels were also written in four different dates about which there is no certainty among scholars.

As to the language in which the Gospels were written, it is also a pity that the language Jesus was speaking is not one of them.

Paul who stands as the writer of some epistles never met Jesus. The sudden change in his character and in his attitude towards the Christians who suffered persecution of the Roman authority is revealing. Paul had played a great role in reforming Christianity and adding to it his own vision and interpretation.

The real Gospel that Allah gave to Jesus can be partly found in the Qur’an. Allah kept some portions of this Gospel in the Qur’an and some others in the four human Gospels in order to show the link between the original and the fabricated, the truth and the falsehood, and to help people of both communities to have something in common.

Please, use these facts in explaining your religion to Christians and bear in mind that you should go gently with them and be thoughtful and persuasive as well. Do not worry about the result of your argument or the fruit that you should reap from it. Allah says to Prophet: " …then it is thy duty only to convey the message (unto them). Allah is Seer of (His) bondmen." (Aal-`Imran: 20)

There are many other textual evidences in their hand to establish the Prophethood of Muhammad. Jesus told them about the bracelet or the comforter that came after him to inform them about things that he could not and to remain with them forever.

If the passages about the bracelet are given in the Fourth Gospel carefully and fairly, they will definitely lead one to believe in Muhammad. If they do not believe or show respect, do not worry yourself as you have already done your best and thus you will have Allah’s Reward."

You can also read:

How to Introduce Islam to Non-Muslims

NameOom Tommy -
ProfessionQuestion Why do we need to quote from the Bible when we try to compare a certain issue between Islam and Christianity, since we know that current Bible is already corrupted and far from its original? AnswerIn The Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

"Dear sister Oom Tommy, thank you very much for your good question. You already know that what Muslims already believe that the original Gospel is the word of Allah, Jesus is the Prophet who taught this Gospel during his earthly life. His mission on earth was closed after his death.

The Divine Gospel was procured neither in writing nor in memorizing. The early Christian community lived in horror and in seclusion, so, they could not come together nor could they protect the Gospel of Jesus.

The four evangelists thought for themselves to remember and write down some of Jesus saying and out of love and affection of Jesus, they added to it or omitted from it something of essential value.

There are a lot of differences and discrepancies in the four Gospels. Luke himself, for example, stated in the introduction of his Gospel that he was just writing a story like many others who wrote about Jesus life. So, he never said that what he introduced to the Christians was divine or was exactly the same words uttered by Jesus.

So, we know this from the Gospels themselves and we know it from the Qur’an. The Qur’an clearly says that these divine Books were subject to distortion and this is our firm belief.

I can summarize the Muslim position towards the Christian or the Jewish scriptures as follows:

First, the passages that are talking about something that are in entire opposition to what we know about Allah.

Secondly, those passages which are violating the dignity and infallibility of the Prophets of Allah.

Thirdly, those passages which are violating the essential religious and human values and encouraging exclusiveness or call for fanaticism and favoritism of certain nation at the expenses of the entire human race.

Fourthly, those passages which are guilty of exaggeration about gods, Prophets or man. In the same token, the verses that give details about the history of a certain nation or certain events.

Fifthly, the contradictory passages that cannot be reconciled and brought together to mean something of real value or essential belief.

Sixthly, those passages which clearly bear the human impression and easily point to human intervention.

Seventhly, those passages that are in a direct opposition to the Qur’an.

All these passages are not to be accepted as genuine parts of the original Scripture.

In the Jewish and Christian or any other scripture, there are some parts that talk about moral behavior and wisdom, calls people to work for perfection and cooperation with others, such passages we accept and benefit and share with others as a common heritage and a source of comfort and solace.

Islam commands the Muslims to make use of anything that helps them attain a better life and not to feel hesitant to accept wisdom from other people. When the Muslim scholars quote or refer to the Jewish or Christian scripture, they are trying to find similarities or common grounds between nations in order to find ways of cooperation and coexistence."

Namekareemou -
Professionundergraduate Question Lately, I have been reading the Bible and I find myself losing faith in Islam. This is because I have problems in attaining conviction in the religion. I am losing faith and as a result I have begun to stop praying the past week. I pray for your advice as I am considering change faith. Please advice your brother. AnswerIn The Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

"Dear brother Kareemou, we implore Allah to guide you to the truth and support your faith.

We appreciate the dilemma you are facing and the doubt that about to overcome you and snatch you from your peaceful cradle.

Islam guides and strengthen faith. It links you to the totality of truth and puts you in close proximity and intimacy with Allah, fills your heart with piety, your mind with sincerity, your eyes with sharp vision and expels any shade of doubt from your soul.

If you do not feel that you have all these qualities, then you should doubt yourself but not Islam. I advise you not to seek solution from any other source of religion. Reading the Bible makes you rather feel more committed to Islam and more attached to its spirituality.

The Qur’an is the last Book that comes from Allah to guide us. It contains everything that we need to hygienically and steadfastly continue our journey towards Allah.

I advise you to stop reading the Bible if you are a Muslim and stick to the Qur’an and read it with heart not eyes. Try to live in a Muslim environment and frequent your visit to a Mosque. Talk to your Muslim brothers and let them help you. And do not shut yourself in succumbing to your notions and doubting ideas.

You should struggle against the false forces of doubt and error. Reading the Bible rather should increase your faith in the Qur’an rather than bring it down. You should struggle to maintain your faith and to strengthen your relationship with the Qur’an, may Allah guide you to the best and rescue you out of confusion."

NameEditor -
ProfessionQuestion .. AnswerIn the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

Brothers and sisters, we are so sorry for not answering all your questions because the time is over. We apologize for any inconvenience. Do keep in touch. Join us in coming sessions.

Yours,

Islam Online Fatwa Editing Desk.

IbnAbdulHakim
05-01-2009, 01:01 AM
bro jus keep repenting

just repent repent and repent

repent till u cant repent no more

repent bro

reeeepeeeeentt!!!!!

Ummu Sufyaan
05-01-2009, 08:17 AM
And to answer Noorahmed, yes I am losing my faith due to my illness.
i would have thought that being ill would have a positive affect on ones faith. i think its a time to think of your past mis-haps and a "wake-up call" that one's real life is the hereafter. :thumbs_up

akhee, i advice you to use this time wisely.

noorahmad
05-01-2009, 05:00 PM
brother this is just a test, u need to pass it!!
think of the prophet( peace be upon him), how many sufferings did he have to endure, during the year when the quraish prevented the meccans from trading with them.
The prophet and abu bakr had to hide in a cave for some days, because of the quraish looking for them...
think of all that, think of prophet dawud and his illness.

noorahmad
05-01-2009, 05:02 PM
http://www.islamicboard.com/manners-...unishment.html

ahmed_indian
05-02-2009, 07:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by fagp1rpp
listen Schewinto brother there are few wazifas asma-ul-husnas that i would like to share
recite (ya-allah)1000 times daily for the worst type of illness.
recite (ya-hayu) daily then your life span will increase and your whole life you will be healthy and non even a disease will come near you.
Recut (ya-ali)100 to 200 times daily and blow on water this is very good for a child to make strong and young early and fast and if you recite then you will fell youth vigour and vitality building inside your body.I alo used to recite this.After the fajr prayer recite (ya-qadeero)250 times this is special for that person that who is weak he will become strong and stronger
i dont think we have proofs for this in Quran or sunnah!

maybe its bidah (innovation)

and Allah knows best

fagp1rpp
05-02-2009, 07:26 AM
no sister these names are asma-al-husna beautiful names of allah when ever ihave weaess i used to recite this last year i was doing sports so i started to recite these beautiful names of allah then my strength of bone and body increased and my pain was finished and i was feeling my self more active

Grofica
05-03-2009, 11:16 AM
i know if you are loosing faith then some of the suggestions might seem a little... (i dont want to say supersitios but i lack a better word) but they really work. i am a newbie and i know this...

i dont mean that in a bad way i just mean that keep your faith if someone so new can see the power in the words then why not give it a try?

can you call someone to pray with you. to help you when you are in need. this is a hard time for you i know and you really need gain bath your emotional and mental strengh as well as physical...

dont focus on the illness you need to focus on what is important in life and all the things that need embrassing.

SistaSista
05-26-2009, 04:36 AM
Salam Alaikum, Brother,

I am sorry to hear about your health difficulties, I hope they strengthen your emeen, I have found some interesting information I would like to share with you, I found some of the information in a book called Jinn and Human Sickness- Remedies in light of the Qur'an and Sunnah by Dr Abu'l-Mundhir Khaleel ibn Ibraaheem Ameen, In this book it states that Jinn can cause harm and illness to man, and then goes on how to deal with different types, reciting ruqyahs and duas for the sick, I downloaded it from. http://www.kalamullah.com/Books/The%...20Sickness.pdf I have also found lots of advice about herbal remedies.

There are lots of things you can do to help your condition.
Recite al-fathia in glass of water and drink your fill, untill it fills upto your ribs.
Black seed oil and honey and take this 3 times a day teaspoon of each together on tablespoon. Black seed oil also known as black cumin has over 100 healing properties known as miracle medicine of the prophet (pbuh)
Drink ZamZam water
Massage with olive oil
Massage blackseed oil on body, rub in like rubbing the bones not the skin
It is advisable for you to have a God fearing pious man recite Qur'an over you regularly
Read about purifying the heart
Pray for help, you can do this is in bed lying down and if you find this difficult due to neurological symptoms remember Allah much, by any means possible, play the Qur'an on CD, cassette.
Play chapter 2 at least every 3 days

I have also looked into pyschomatic pain, and I have found that the symptoms of this are related to feeling stressed and anxious possible from you having difficulties walking, resulting in tense muscles, this makes the pain you are experiencing worse, so I urge you to relax, this can be done by viewing nature and taking deep breathes, slowly in through nose and out through mouth, concentrating on the air going in and out of your body. Gentle exercise (try not to sit down or lie in bed all day, little walk about in house to door for fresh air maybe)

This is likely to be a test, it is important that you do not fail the test and do not lose faith, as this will give satan a chance to make you weaker.

It is your faith that will get you throught these hard times.

Most of this information is tried and tested and I believe works. Get on at the doctors to check you out thoroughly and quickly.

Allah says (translation)
"We send down this Qur'an which is a healing and mercy to the believers..." al-Isra 17:82
“I only desire to reform to the best of my power. And my guidance cannot come except from Allah, in him I trust and unto him I repent” Hud 11:88
“And if Allah touches you with harm none can remove it but He, and if He touches you with good, then He is Able to do all things” al-An’aam 6:17

The messenger of Allah (pbuh) said
"Allah does not send down any disease but he sends down a cure for it; those who know it know it, and those who do not know it do not know it" (Musnad Al-Imam Ahmad 4/278)
"No fatigue, nor disease, nor sorrow, nor sadness, nor hurt, nor distress befalls a Muslim, even if it were the prick he receives from a thorn, but that Allah expiates some of his sins for that." (Bukhari b7 v70 h545)
Narated by Khalid bin Sad:We went out and Ghalib bin Abjar was accompanying us. He fell ill on the way and when we arrived at Medina he was still sick. Ibn Abi 'Atiq came to visit him and said to us, "Treat him with black cumin. Take five or seven seeds and crush them (mix the powder with oil) and drop the resulting mixture into both nostrils, for 'Aisha has narrated to me that she heard the Prophet saying, 'This black cumin is healing for all diseases except As-Sam.' Aisha said, 'What is As-Sam?' He said, 'Death." (Bukhari b7,v71,h591)

Relax, you will be fine inshAllah, I hope this has been beneficial to you. Take Care

Wa’salaam
SistaSista

amazing2009
06-05-2009, 03:27 AM
I know its really hard to do have Imaan but Brother,
PLZ do read about Story of AYYUB-ALAIHIS-SALAAM in Qura'n, Inshallah it may help u.
JazakALLAH Khairan

Jasmin7
06-09-2009, 03:36 AM
Salam,

I came across your post. I am actually in a similar situation. I can hardly walk, have been very ill, doctor's can't diagnose me, it is getting difficult to keep my faith.

If you would like we can discuss our situations further, but I don't know how to contact you. Maybe I could give you some advice, or vice versa

if you don't mind me asking how old are you? I am in my 30s.

Wishing you all the best,

Forced_In
06-11-2009, 10:36 PM
Salaam,

Well, I am not a strict believer by any means, but please remember :

"Unto Allah belongeth whatsoever is in the heavens and whatsoever is in the
earth; and unto Allah all things are returned." [Quran-pickthal translation]
[3:109]

I think we most of the time forget that this world is temporarily after all.

Wassalasam.

hrm
07-02-2009, 06:26 PM
I have many health issues and it's getting worse. And now I can hardely walk and I'am very limited physically.
The doctors say don't know exactely what I have. But it's probably neurological.

Brother,:sl:
My prayers and Allah's love and mercy be upon you. May Allah make your illness go away. May this sickness never strike any brother or sister.
I bought 4 volumes when I was in USA by Mohammad Al Jabali published by As Sunnah Publication. Please get hold of those books. Book Number 1 is about "Sickness Exortation" according to Quran and Sunnah. It has all that you can imagine in time of need and time of sickness. It contains rukyas as well as Rasul Allah's prayers when sick and for the sick. Its just beautiful.
Be stedfast my brother. This is a test from Allah.
Your brother in Islam.
Azam

'Abd-al Latif
07-02-2009, 10:40 PM

Why are you losing your faith due to your illness? Don't you know the hadeeth of the Prophet (saaws)?

The Prophet (saaws) said:

- No tiredness, exhaustion, worry, grief, distress or harm befalls a believer in this world, not even a thorn that pricks him, but Allah expiates some of his sins thereby. [Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5210; Muslim, 4670]

- There is no calamity that befalls a Muslim but Allah expiates (sin) thereby, even a thorn that pricks him. [Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5640; Muslim, 2572.]

- There is nothing that befalls a believer, not even a thorn that pricks him, but Allah will record a good deed for him thereby, or erase from him a sin. [Narrated by Muslim 2572]

- Trials will continue to befall the believing man or woman in himself, his child and his wealth until he meets Allaah with no sin on him.[Narrated by al-Tirmidhi (2399), classed as saheeh by al-Albani in al-Silsilah al-Saheehah, 2280.]

- How wonderful is the affair of the believer, for his affairs are all good, and this applies to no one but the believer. If something good happens to him, he is thankful for it and that is good for him. If something bad happens to him, he bears it with patience and that is good for him. [Narrated by Muslim, 2999]

- When Allah wills good for His slave, He hastens the punishment for him in this world, and when Allah wills ill for His slave, he withholds the punishment for his sins from him until he comes with all his sins on the Day of Resurrection. [Narrated by al-Tirmidhi (2396); classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi.]

- The greatest reward comes with the greatest trial. When Allah loves a people He tests them. Whoever accepts that wins His pleasure but whoever is discontent with that earns His wrath. [Narrated by al-Tirmidhi (2396) and Ibn Maajah (4031); classed as hasan by al-Albani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi.]

- There is no Muslim who is stricken with a calamity and says what Allaah has enjoined – ‘Verily to Allaah we belong and unto Him is our return. O Allaah, reward me for my affliction and compensate me with something better’ – but Allaah will compensate him with something better. [Narrated by Muslim 918]

- The believer is not harmed by a thorn or anything greater, but Allah will raise him in status thereby, or erase a sin thereby. [Muslim 2572]

- On the Day of Resurrection people will wish that their skins had been cut with scissors in this world, when they see the reward of those who were struck with calamity. [Tirmidhi]

Al-Hasan al-Basri (May Allah have mercy upon him) said: "Do not resent the calamities that come and the disasters that occur, for perhaps in something that you dislike will be your salvation, and perhaps in something that you prefer will be your doom."

Al-Fadl ibn Sahl said: "There is a blessing in calamity that the wise man should not ignore, for it erases sins, gives one the opportunity to attain the reward for patience, dispels negligence, reminds one of blessings at the time of health, calls one to repent and encourages one to give charity."

Allah says: but give glad tidings to the patient.

Who, when afflicted with calamity, say: ‘Truly, to Allaah we belong and truly, to Him we shall return.’

They are those on whom are who are blessed and will be forgiven from their Lord, and (they are those who) receive His Mercy, and it is they who are the guided ones
[al-Baqarah 2:155-157]

Ibn al-Qayyim said:

Were it not that Allah treats His slaves with the remedy of trials and calamities, they would transgress and overstep the mark. When Allah wills good for His slaves, He gives him the medicine of calamities and trials according to his situation, so as to cure him from all fatal illnesses and diseases, until He purifies and cleanses him, and then makes him qualified for the most honourable position in this world, which is that of being a true slave of Allah (‘uboodiyyah), and for the greatest reward in the Hereafter, which is that of seeing Him and being close to Him. [Zad al-Ma'ad, 4/195]

Shaykh al-Islam [Ibn Taymiyah] (may Allah have mercy on him) said: A calamity that makes you turn to Allaah is better for you than a blessing which makes you forget the remembrance of Allah.

Sarada
07-03-2009, 02:19 AM

Salaam Schewinto,

I see in this thread some very good advice from very devout Muslims. Losing one's faith in times of deep distress is a universal problem. I have a different faith from Islam, but I too, am very ill and cannot do the things that I used to do and would still like to do.

So instead, I have decided to use the time that I have to study the scriptures, pray, and become closer to God.

I pray to God and ask him to do what He knows is best for me, for only He knows what is best. You must have faith that there is some good that will come out of your suffering. Look around you, and see with open eyes and hear with open ears.

For me, as a result of my illness I met someone very special and we got married. If I had not been ill, I would never have been at the place and time
to meet that person.

My illness has given me much pain and suffering, but it has also given me the opportunity to help others.

May God in His Infinite Wisdom grant you that which will make your faith and your spirit grow.

Salaam,

Sarada

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.