/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Muslim-Christian Dialogue "Who is God and How Are We Saved?"

Bassam Zawadi
04-30-2009, 04:31 PM
Assalamu Alaykum,

On March 2, 2009 I had this dialogue with Thabiti Anyabwile in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. It was informative and entertaining. Check out here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cijIq...x=0&playnext=1

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Eric H
04-30-2009, 09:41 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Bassam Zawadi;

I didn’t expect to listen to 22 separate video’s, in fact I was tempted to stop after the first one, but somehow found myself watching all 22. I found everyone took part with tolerance and perceived friendship, and I found this encouraging. I kind of chuckled at the end when you both attempted to convert the other, but did God give us separate faiths in order that man should try and change what God has given us.

I listened to all the clever arguments and I came to the conclusion there is a Muslim perception, there is a Christian perception, and then there is God.

We pray to an awesome God and the same God hears all our prayers, somehow God has a just and fair salvation for all of us, it seems beyond our understanding. It seems the same God destined you to be a Muslim and me a Christian for a purpose which seems beyond our understanding.

I would hope that we can pray for each other that we might all reach salvation despite all our perceived differences.

In the spirit of praying for a greater interfaith friendship and peace on Earth.

Eric

aadil77
04-30-2009, 09:55 PM
I love the way the CEO guy looked as if he was almost forced to give thanks to the 'royal highness' and had to big up the rest of the arab dubai crew, before even starting. I suppose its all part of forcing a good image to dubai

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.