/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Help With This Arabic Name

cuezed
04-30-2009, 07:25 PM
aslamu alaikum.

alhamdulillah i became a father 2 weeks ago.

my wife and i decided to name her dhakira but then an arabic speaking friend of mine has told me it should be dhikara.

can anyone explain the difference between the two and is it ok to keep dhakira as her name?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
idk
04-30-2009, 07:31 PM
Dhakira is the spelling, if you mean 'one who remembers'. Is that what you mean?
Congratulations bro, you must feel great :)

cuezed
04-30-2009, 07:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by idk
Dhakira is the spelling, if you mean 'one who remembers'. Is that what you mean?
Congratulations bro, you must feel great :)
my friend told me that dhakira means "she remembers God" talking about 3rd person

whilst Dhikara means "a female who remember's God"

so what do i keep?

jazakAllah khair. yeah it feels great. having a child brings so much happiness into a persons life.

Ummu Sufyaan
05-01-2009, 09:14 AM
:sl:
^whichever you like better? they both make sense...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ummsara1108
05-01-2009, 12:39 PM
Mu'brack (congratulations),

Brother I would go with what you first thought!

The same thing happened to my husband and myself with our son....lol...Amir or Amer, so we went with Amir...first choice.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.