/* */

PDA

View Full Version : scared of dead mother

t_kaay
05-01-2009, 07:42 PM
Salaam

I would like some advice for my wife. Her mother passed away 6 months ago whilst visiting us from Pakistan. She was not previously ill and died suddenly from a heart attack. My wife found her in the morning on the kitchen floor. The body was taken back to Pakistan for burial. Since the death my wife and children have been scared in the house and will not go into the room in which the death took place. We have since moved the kitchen to a new extension and the old kitchen remains empty. My wife reads namaz daily and also reads the Quran and Tasbi daily.

She cannot explain why she is scared.

Can anyone explain this or give a solution to her problem?

Thanks

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
05-02-2009, 12:32 AM
:sl: akhi

if it is feasible for you, perhaps you can relocate -- I don't think she is scared of her dead mother per se, but what happened is likely to replay in all their minds over and over.. that is a very traumatic thing to have to witness, further compounded by the fact that you had stated, she had no prior medical condition and her death was sudden.. perhaps on some level, your wife and/or your children feel responsible for having brought her into an environment that might have not been suitable for her (that guilt might not be rational) but nonetheless the subconscious mind is a powerful thing and there is nothing quite as bad as being slave to it...

if you can't move, then I'd advise getting some therapy for the kids as well.. they must be going through shock and grief.. that is a major thing to have happened

and Allah swt knows best

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.