/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Tall building near Kaba

nebula
05-01-2009, 10:50 PM
The last few decades have seen rapid expansion of Mecca and new infrastructure in the form of new freeways, shopping malls and hotels, almost everything catering to the hajj industry. Immediately to the south of the Grand Mosque is the massive Abraj Al-Bait complex, a multi-purpose development to be completed in 2009. It includes the 595 meter (1952 feet) tall hotel tower, slated to be the tallest building in Saudi Arabia. It will also have the highest clock in the world.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AabiruSabeel
05-02-2009, 03:56 AM
:sl:

The first two pictures are flipped horizontally. Correct pictures should be:

Hilton is on the right side. And I don't like these tall buildings near Haram. They block the view of Haram from far, and poor pilgrims from the Indian sub-continent usually can not afford to rent a room in these new buildings, so they have to stay far away from the Haram in old buildings...

Another things is, they are providing all types of luxuries in these furnished apartments. The pilgrims are loosing the spiritual aspect of the Hajj and are distracted by the malls in these towers. And they are also providing TVs in each room, which is a greater distraction for pilgrims.

Ummu Sufyaan
05-02-2009, 07:56 AM
they killed the haram :(

ardianto
05-02-2009, 04:05 PM
I have read on my newspaper, six floors of tower/tall building that under construction near Masjidil Haram were burned at friday, May 1.
Which building ?. Was that a building in these pictures ?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
nebula
05-02-2009, 05:26 PM
this is what it will llook like when the construction work is completed,

A.M.H.
05-02-2009, 05:43 PM

Thursday’s fire in one of the towers of the under-construction building was the second such incident in the city following the blaze which gutted the upper floors of the Hajer Tower building in October of last year.

Vito
05-02-2009, 05:51 PM
I've never been there but when I go in the future inshaAllah, I don't think the experience will be as great as it was for the people that went before me unfortunately. There will probably be so much changes by the time I go

جوري
05-02-2009, 05:58 PM
the hotels shouldn't overshadow the masjid, in fact, they will also put four large umbrellas in the 7aram itself ..
though I am not sure how I feel about those in particular knowing that Hajj will be in the peak of summer very soon and many elderly people die of dehydration and get trampled on by others. Maybe it is for the best?...

but certainly Allah swt knows best

:w:

sirajstc
01-10-2010, 11:45 AM
this is not good

waji
01-10-2010, 12:00 PM
see this video

Extension of Kaba

CosmicPathos
01-10-2010, 12:08 PM
There is no specific system for providing benefits to seniors in place in Saudi Arabia. The only small things available are wheel chairs and coolies for helping the seniors do the pilgrimage ... I spent most of life there. Its not a good system. The discriminatory behavior is rampant at every aspect of life. Instead of building these luxurious towers, they should have built simple looking lodgings for the seniors and focus on practical aspects and not aesthetics .... maybe start a subway, regulate public transport, properly empower and educate South Asian employees who run these things, focus on public security ... I never had a proper residential mailbox available, talk about a oil-rich state.

Supreme
01-10-2010, 01:58 PM
I'm not a Muslim, but I can't imagine this will go down very well with Muslims at all. I mean, the Saudis must be getting enough money as it is from the Hajj, without buliding ugly skyscrapers next to the holiest site in Islam.

Muslim Woman
01-10-2010, 02:19 PM

I don't like those tall buildings near to holy Kaaba.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.