/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Health question

NIKKY
05-01-2009, 10:55 PM
:sl:
this morning i found 2/3 pea sized lumps on the side of my neck....its kinda freakd me out...am scared of goin 2 doc's incase it myt b sumfin serious....
does n e 1 knw wat dey cud be...?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
nebula
05-01-2009, 11:10 PM
you should get it checked out by the doctor sis... its very important that you go!

FatimaAsSideqah
05-01-2009, 11:11 PM

It might be a swollen lymph node, is it burns and throbs and sends a mild pressure pain all the way to your forehead?

I would advise you to see you doctor, if it is still there after 3 weeks, but it could still be something else!

NIKKY
05-01-2009, 11:15 PM
i dont av n e pain at da moment..ma neck jst feels vri stiff..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Yanal
05-01-2009, 11:21 PM
Bismillah Hair Rahmaan Nara Heem
After a quick search I found that a lump at the back of your neck could be a serve viral infection caused by numerous things such as tanning. Best to get it checked out and prove my answer wrong inshAllah everything will be ok just believe in Allah and pray.
Walakum Asalam Warakmatulah Wabarkatuh
Islamic bro.

FatimaAsSideqah
05-01-2009, 11:23 PM
Ok, you should still going to see your doctor to have it checking out. Its only way to sort it problem. :)

جوري
05-01-2009, 11:24 PM
probably a hyperplastic lymph node.. I really wouldn't worry...

1- how old are you?
2- have you lost any weight?
3- have you had recent infections?
4- how long have you had it for?
5- is it movable?
6- is it painful?
7- have you had any fever or night sweats?

:w:

NIKKY
05-01-2009, 11:25 PM
oh so it cud jst be an infection...i ws finkin alsorts..da worst actually..!

Yanal
05-01-2009, 11:28 PM
Bismillah Hair Rahmaan Nara Heem
I would still say go to the doctor.
Walakum Asalam Waraknatulah Wabarkatuh.

NIKKY
05-01-2009, 11:30 PM
20+...no wieght loss...no infection...da lumps r moveable but not painful, ma neck is jst vri stiff. i always suffer frm night sweat...!

FatimaAsSideqah
05-01-2009, 11:31 PM

If you notice that the lump is getting bigger or painful you should have it checked out with your doctor. Otherwise you can probably not worry about it.

You can read information about lymph node:
http://www.doctorslounge.com/oncolog...node/index.htm

NIKKY
05-01-2009, 11:35 PM
^^thanku sis...ill check dat out....

جوري
05-02-2009, 12:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by NIKKY
20+...no wieght loss...no infection...da lumps r moveable but not painful, ma neck is jst vri stiff. i always suffer frm night sweat...!
Then I'd wait six weeks if it doesn't resolve by then I'd see a doctor just for a peace of mind.....
s/he'll will likely do nothing unless you insist, then s/he'll do a (FNA) or an excisional biopsy, like so

and a pathologist will look at it under the microscope to tell you just that 'a hyperplastic node'

no weight loss and movable nodes are a good sign!

and Allah swt knows best..

NIKKY
05-02-2009, 02:01 AM
sister skye thanku vri much...uv been a great help...

جوري
05-02-2009, 02:06 AM
My pleasure.. feel better soon insha'Allah.. I suspect everyone has a few of those, I have two of them myself for yrs now...
time as they say is the best diagnostician!

NIKKY
05-02-2009, 02:16 AM
sister skye uv had em for years..! so dey must b commen i guess..? i'll take ur advise n Inshallah i'll b fine....thanku again....

جوري
05-02-2009, 03:03 AM
very common especially in the young age group.. something as silly as dandruff or a previous infection can cause them.. what they are are the body's way of filtering crap, especially when sick, so anything from toxic material, to bacterias to viruses and yes even cancer pass through the lymphatics.. some detritus will just remain there and they will be enlarged for a long while, they may get smaller with time... they are very diagnostic in certain places .. if you had said they were in the supraclavicular area or axillary I'd be concerned because of the places they drain, but if they are superficial and in the neck, then anything from a dental caries or the flu, or dandruff can cause them to be enlarged, like I said for your own peace of mind, if they don't resolve in 6~8 weeks or you start losing weight and wake up with absolutely drenched sheets, I'd then have them checked out.. meanwhile.. I'd relax...

and Allah swt knows best

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.